Tire Kicking By Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

This is the back lot of the local Toyota dealership, almost totally empty. It’s nuts seeing it like this cause it’s usually overflowing.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:42 pm This is the back lot of the local Toyota dealership, almost totally empty. It’s nuts seeing it like this cause it’s usually overflowing.
Yep there is a reason :derp: s are trading their tacos for 5-10k more than what they paid years ago.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:57 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:42 pm This is the back lot of the local Toyota dealership, almost totally empty. It’s nuts seeing it like this cause it’s usually overflowing.
Yep there is a reason :derp: s are trading their tacos for 5-10k more than what they paid years ago.
When I went back to the old job for my 10k on the Corolla, I was amazed at how empty the lot was. We had 650 new cars in inventory when I worked there. They were down to 80.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:04 pm

When I went back to the old job for my 10k on the Corolla, I was amazed at how empty the lot was. We had 650 new cars in inventory when I worked there. They were down to 80.
Yea we have a few near 1k unit stores here. A more local place used to have a 400-500, went down to 3x now they are back up to 150ish. Seems to be picking back up. The weirder part was 40-70tacos down to 0 but now most seem to have 20-50 in stock. No discounts of course
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Sad, but true. The front lot looks like it's still got about 30 or so cars on it, but both the huge back lot and the sides of the buildings are basically empty, except for employees cars, stuff going to auction or people that are having work done.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Be nice if this could be had for where its at right now..... expect it will go quite a bit higher....

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9lb6jq ... c-si-coupe

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:07 pm Be nice if this could be had for where its at right now..... expect it will go quite a bit higher....

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9lb6jq ... c-si-coupe

I do love the Si, although I’d probably always wish it was an aRrrrr.

Challenging times for car buyers. I applied for a replacement title with NC. It takes a bit but hopefully it will arrive soon after :tits: and I get back from Hawaii and Arizona. I’m nervous my Carvana/Vroom offers won’t be as epic.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Saw a black CTR in my drive in to work today. :megusta:
Would certainly consider one if I was in the market.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, I bought a car. I will probably get dragged though the mud for this one… but it was the only solid :dill: I could really acquire. It makes for a nice road trip/ daily ride and still offers some fun and good looks with the tasteful modifications.

:plac:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225

$250 sign on bonus taco hell? :impressive:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:33 am Image
We need a new dfd smiley for [user not found], like :plac:

Which basically buying your own car the second time.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:32 am Well, I bought a car. I will probably get dragged though the mud for this one… but it was the only solid :dill: I could really acquire. It makes for a nice road trip/ daily ride and still offers some fun and good looks with the tasteful modifications.

:plac:
:lolol:

:plac: is real!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:45 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:33 am Image

Well, :plac: did start the trend in 2013 with GTI > Charger > GTI > Charger > GTI > Charger > GTI.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:57 am

Well, :plac: did start the trend in 2013 with GTI > Charger > GTI > Charger > GTI > Charger > GTI.
Did you actually buy your own car back after hating on it for months ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ahh yesss, I remember he bought his GTI back one time he sold it to :hue:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:02 am

Yesss, its :melon: and he bought those :ramz:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:13 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:02 am
This was not collectively discussed here ! A travesty !

We need deets
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:16 am

We need deets
Well... I figured I would get :wrong: 'd to the inth degree for this move, so I just waited until it was done.

The :dill was $16.5K for the car with the wheels/tires, t00n, tintz, intercooler, suspension, and other little things. The mods really addressed most of what I didn't like about the car. At the end of the day, I was looking at spending 2X on a WRX (which I don't really want all that much anyway) or getting a total POS, high mileage car. Given what I'm doing with cars these days, I coveted something a bit more comfortable, practical efficient, and reliable and this checks all of those boxes. I talked it over with the wife and she is on board with me getting something else in 12-24 months (likely Hype R unless I change my mind) so this works in the interim and can do everything I need.

To be 100% honest, it's obviously not my top choice, but it does check all of the boxes without spending a ton of money or getting some high mileage POS. The prospect of paying the same amount for a Fiesta ST with 100K miles is just not exciting. I figure I can Cars & Bids this thing in a year or two and hopefully not lose my ass.

I did take it through the mountains and had a pretty fun return trip hooning, Detroit should take notice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We need deets
Well... I figured I would get :wrong: 'd to the inth degree for this move, so I just waited until it was done.

The :dill was $16.5K for the car with the wheels/tires, t00n, tintz, intercooler, suspension, and other little things. The mods really addressed most of what I didn't like about the car. At the end of the day, I was looking at spending 2X on a WRX (which I don't really want all that much anyway) or getting a total POS, high mileage car. Given what I'm doing with cars these days, I coveted something a bit more comfortable, practical efficient, and reliable and this checks all of those boxes. I talked it over with the wife and she is on board with me getting something else in 12-24 months (likely Hype R unless I change my mind) so this works in the interim and can do everything I need.

To be 100% honest, it's obviously not my top choice, but it does check all of the boxes without spending a ton of money or getting some high mileage POS. The prospect of paying the same amount for a Fiesta ST with 100K miles is just not exciting. I figure I can Cars & Bids this thing in a year or two and hopefully not lose my ass.

I did take it through the mountains and had a pretty fun return trip hooning, Detroit should take notice.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 am

We need deets

Random, I didn’t even know you were car shopping… :mindblown:

Also what happened with C5? You still got it ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 am

I've been car shopping for months :lolol:

The market is just fucked.

The C5 is still in my possession, plan is to :plac: to Carvana as soon as my state will stop fucking around with the title. I tried to go to the DMV this morning but the line was over 100 people out the door (30 minutes before opening). I will try another location tomorrow.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 am

The C5 is still in my possession, plan is to :plac: to Carvana as soon as my state will stop fucking around with the title. I tried to go to the DMV this morning but the line was over 100 people out the door (30 minutes before opening). I will try another location tomorrow.
Wow that’s some fuck… I thought it was a California thing only… but it seems like gov services are fucked everywhere.

You keep talking about that hype r … figured might as well get Juan by now … I like the bmw but I just don’t really get why you would get it again…
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:13 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 am

Wow that’s some fuck… I thought it was a California thing only… but it seems like gov services are fucked everywhere.

You keep talking about that hype r … figured might as well get Juan by now … I like the bmw but I just don’t really get why you would get it again…
It is like 30% of the price of a Type R, they are $50K OTD.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

You bought another F30? :impressive:

I guess I should look for one maybe...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.