Appreciating cars... suggestions ? What's the current trend ?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:17 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:45 pm

And the Azzztech are also on the upswing
No joke, the Aztek was one of the most innovative vehicles ever. I just told people in a meeting that we should find one to benchmark for innovation ideas. Not to build one, but to pull ideas from.

I was laughed off the call.
Problem with the Aztec was being 10-15 years ahead of it's time. It would do extremely well now because we are all "so into adventure"!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm
No joke, the Aztek was one of the most innovative vehicles ever. I just told people in a meeting that we should find one to benchmark for innovation ideas. Not to build one, but to pull ideas from.

But man did it hit all the branches falling out of the ugly tree.
The execution was horrible, but it was surprisingly innovative. Everyone dismisses it, but there's a lot of innovation ideas inside it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Problem with the Aztec was being 10-15 years ahead of it's time. It would do extremely well now because we are all "so into adventure"!
When it came out, there was a big adventure boom. The first XTerra, TJ Wrangler, new Grand Cherokee, etc.

It was just too hideous and too Minivan like (it was based on one) to be successful.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm

When it came out, there was a big adventure boom. The first XTerra, TJ Wrangler, new Grand Cherokee, etc.

It was just too hideous and too Minivan like (it was based on one) to be successful.
:dat: :truk: or :gtfo:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm

But man did it hit all the branches falling out of the ugly tree.
The execution was horrible, but it was surprisingly innovative. Everyone dismisses it, but there's a lot of innovation ideas inside it.
Like :wat: ? Serious question. Can you list some innovations? I'm aware that it had some transformer-like qualities, like that pop up tent thing, or whatever, but what else?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Like :wat: ? Serious question. Can you list some innovations? I'm aware that it had some transformer-like qualities, like that pop up tent thing, or whatever, but what else?
Off the top of my head...

The center console was a removable cooler

The rear tailgate was split, the lower came down and had seats molded into it for hanging out, and the upper glass could be used to support the tent.

Since the lower tailgate made it hard to load cargo in and out, there was a rolling tray that you could pull out to load things onto and push back in

That tray also had some tie down and storage capability and could be removed and used as a table (though the table might have been unofficial)

It had remote radio controls in the back for tailgating/camping (might have been one of the first vehicles to do that), and it had a specific setting for the radio that would only play the rear speakers to conserve battery a tad
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:24 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Off the top of my head...

The center console was a removable cooler

The rear tailgate was split, the lower came down and had seats molded into it for hanging out, and the upper glass could be used to support the tent.

Since the lower tailgate made it hard to load cargo in and out, there was a rolling tray that you could pull out to load things onto and push back in

That tray also had some tie down and storage capability and could be removed and used as a table (though the table might have been unofficial)

It had remote radio controls in the back for tailgating/camping (might have been one of the first vehicles to do that), and it had a specific setting for the radio that would only play the rear speakers to conserve battery a tad
That's actually rather :impressive:
Too bad GM fucked it up so bad.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don’t really hate the Aztec :iono:

I also enjoy the Element.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:28 pm I don’t really hate the Aztec :iono:

Both vehicles were somewhat flops, but really were the right vehicle for the demographic. Problem was, they were what people needed but not what they WANTED.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:28 pm I don’t really hate the Aztec :iono:

Both vehicles were somewhat flops, but really were the right vehicle for the demographic. Problem was, they were what people needed but not what they WANTED.
Never needed an Aztek. The Pon-Ton I needed was apparently the Purple on Purple 6.0 GTO.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:40 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 am
Never needed an Aztek. The Pon-Ton I needed was apparently the Purple on Purple 6.0 GTO.
I still need that.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:29 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:40 am

I still need that.
:dat:

Though, I think the purple on purple GTO was 5.7 only. I still want one.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:36 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:29 am

I still need that.
:dat:

Though, I think the purple on purple GTO was 5.7 only. I still want one.
My GTO is an 04. It ain't exactly a 5.7.