2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

haleyann wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:41 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 am Meanwhile I'm loving the car. :wub:

That color is phenomenal.
:dat: :jimp: :jelly:

Also, @Max, Haley needs to be added to the 2021 :plac: list!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 am Good update to the damage on the british hatch after not hearing anything for a week.

Selling :dillerman: has agreed to pay the cost to fix the damage with new parts. Seattle :dillerman: doesn't have a tire mounting machine that can do type r wheels without damaging them, so he's calling around to other local dealers to find one that can. Once he finds one, he is sending the estimate over to the seller and will order the parts. :notbad:
:impressive: outcome IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 am Good update to the damage on the british hatch after not hearing anything for a week.

Selling :dillerman: has agreed to pay the cost to fix the damage with new parts. Seattle :dillerman: doesn't have a tire mounting machine that can do type r wheels without damaging them, so he's calling around to other local dealers to find one that can. Once he finds one, he is sending the estimate over to the seller and will order the parts. :notbad:
:dat:

It would have been pretty easy for the selling dealer to completely deny responsibility, especially given you're halfway across the country. When the dealer I bought my GTI from damaged the suspension via pothole or similar they completely denied having damaged the car in any way and VW wouldn't warranty the repairs because the damage wasn't from parts failure. VWofA couldn't make the selling dealer cover the repairs, either, and so I had to pay for them out of pocket.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:49 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 am

It would have been pretty easy for the selling dealer to completely deny responsibility, especially given you're halfway across the country. When the dealer I bought my GTI from damaged the suspension via pothole or similar they completely denied having damaged the car in any way and VW wouldn't warranty the repairs because the damage wasn't from parts failure. VWofA couldn't make the selling dealer cover the repairs, either, and so I had to pay for them out of pocket.
This is what I expected to happen. BUT I bet documentation from the shipper made a huge difference in the he said she said back and forth. The customer is clearly not at fault.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:58 am
coogles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:49 am

This is what I expected to happen. BUT I bet documentation from the shipper made a huge difference in the he said she said back and forth. The customer is clearly not at fault.
Yup, I imagine without the shipper noticing they would have said to get lost. Really glad the guy was thorough.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:58 am

:dat: :jimp: :jelly:

Also, @Max, Haley needs to be added to the 2021 :plac: list!
✅
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:
Hope it continues to go smoothly for you!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 am Meanwhile I'm loving the car. :wub:

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:58 am
Yup, I imagine without the shipper noticing they would have said to get lost. Really glad the guy was thorough.
:unicorn: experience man. IIWY I'd send that guy a thank you of some sort (Not a :crang: beer) or perhaps reach out to his supervisor and give him a glowing review. (Although, one might wonder whether he did VW (or the dealer the hired them) any favors....
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am

:unicorn: experience man. IIWY I'd send that guy a thank you of some sort (Not a :crang: beer) or perhaps reach out to his supervisor and give him a glowing review. (Although, one might wonder whether he did VW (or the dealer the hired them) any favors....
Totally agree!

Was definitely planning on writing a review and grabbing a bunch of pizzas or something around lunchtime for the service department as a thank you, assuming it's all smooth sailing to getting the car fixed. Figured lunch for the crew would get him kudos from them and his management.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:09 pm
Irish wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Totally agree!

Was definitely planning on writing a review and grabbing a bunch of pizzas or something around lunchtime for the service department as a thank you, assuming it's all smooth sailing to getting the car fixed. Figured lunch for the crew would get him kudos from them and his management.
As would an email to the service manager commending the writer for great service, and the General Manager commending the service manager for developing such good talent.

You’ll forever be welcomed as a king... as long as those people work there, that is.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

fledonfoot wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:10 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:09 pm

Totally agree!

As would an email to the service manager commending the writer for great service, and the General Manager commending the service manager for developing such good talent.

You’ll forever be welcomed as a king... as long as those people work there, that is.
I'll probably do that too tbh. Nothing but good things can come out of having a solid reputation where I plan on getting the car serviced.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:44 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:10 pm

I'll probably do that too tbh. Nothing but good things can come out of having a solid reputation where I plan on getting the car serviced.
It’s interesting in my 48 months of bmw joy. I must have had just about 5 or 6 different SAs. Different one for each visit. And no one knew who I was or gave a S. So I think it really depends on the size of the dealership.

At mini for ex there are always the same two dudes and I’m sure it would go much further in a smaller place
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:24 am

It’s interesting in my 48 months of bmw joy. I must have had just about 5 or 6 different SAs. Different one for each visit. And no one knew who I was or gave a S. So I think it really depends on the size of the dealership.

At mini for ex there are always the same two dudes and I’m sure it would go much further in a smaller place
I was one of 14 SA’s at my old Toyota store. I just put a little bit of effort in to take care of people and they came back to me.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I've had the same experience with every car I've ever had that was serviced at dealers in that they didn't know who I was.

For this Honda dealer though, I imagine the person I'm working with would easily remember me as the dude with a weird situation with a bright blue Hype R, especially if I go out of my way to thank him in a cool way.

Does it really matter though? Probably not, but he deserves the credit he's going to get assuming the car gets fixed with no drama regardless of what it does for me down the road.
ChrisoftheNorth

fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 am

I was one of 14 SA’s at my old Toyota store. I just put a little bit of effort in to take care of people and they came back to me.
Just curious how they come back?

Did customers specifically call you and ask for an appt?

Whenever I schedule an appt to bring a vehicle in, it's just a crap shoot of who I end up with. I got a good SA once, called to bring the vehicle asking for him, got there and he was "too busy" for me so they just passed me off on someone else. I don't understand how you can build a relationship with someone when they're treated as interchangeable and I don't want to stand around waiting for my preferred SA to not be busy. "Appointments" from my experience are completely worthless for the customer.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:07 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 am

Whenever I schedule an appt to bring a vehicle in, it's just a crap shoot of who I end up with. I got a good SA once, called to bring the vehicle asking for him, got there and he was "too busy" for me so they just passed me off on someone else. I don't understand how you can build a relationship with someone when they're treated as interchangeable and I don't want to stand around waiting for my preferred SA to not be busy. "Appointments" from my experience are completely worthless for the customer.
Sometimes they let you select a SA online. When you book appointments.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:07 pm

Sometimes they let you select a SA online. When you book appointments.
Yea, my experience is that doesn't do anything.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

If I'm going to (or even speaking to) the dealer often enough to "build a relationship" there then I own the :wrong: vehicle.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:34 pm If I'm going to (or even speaking to) the dealer often enough to "build a relationship" there then I own the :wrong: vehicle.
:lolol: :notwrong:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:34 pm If I'm going to (or even speaking to) the dealer often enough to "build a relationship" there then I own the :wrong: vehicle.
Yep, spot on.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

It’s not hard to build a relationship with your dealer/SA, and can be done within the first visit.

I’m clearly :wrong: doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm It’s not hard to build a relationship with your dealer/SA, and can be done within the first visit.

Well, I've had difficulty getting the same SA after the first visit. Sure you can start relationshit building with the first visit, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't see the same person again.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:50 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm It’s not hard to build a relationship with your dealer/SA, and can be done within the first visit.

Well, I've had difficulty getting the same SA after the first visit. Sure you can start relationshit building with the first visit, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't see the same person again.
I think it’s only been one time in the last few vehicles I’ve had where I couldn’t see my preferred SA? #foreverwrong
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:50 pm
I think it’s only been one time in the last few vehicles I’ve had where I couldn’t see my preferred SA? #foreverwrong
It actually seems like I'm the :wrong: one.