2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:44 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:29 am
I wish it wasn't the size of an aircraft carrier, otherwise I'd probably go pick it up. Seems to be the cleanest for the price I've seen, I just really don't want a truck that huge. Though, if the price is right...

I can't imagine what it's like dealing with Marketplace people right now. :disgust: :nope:
I was looking for either Colorado to keep the size down, or another older Chevy/GMC 1500 but my god, I'm not paying $15K for something that's 5 years newer than my 2005 with 170K miles. I helped a neighbor in the apartments last weekend change out the column shifter mechanism on his F250 with a V10. He didn't know shit about working on cars so I helped him out. Getting in and out of that damn thing made me realize how much I like my Silverado that's not super tall or super big. When I was 20 and had a lifted S10 I loved that height, after getting in and out of it to move around now at 42... Fuck that. Truck is way too fucking big man. Also, popped the hood to show him where something was and the top of the engine bay was at neck level and shrouded in shit you just can't get to. So you'd have to do a damn near upsidedown flip to get into the engine bay and do any work. Today's trucks are just too god damn big
Modern full size trucks or lifted trucks are the worst, just impossible to work on and get old getting in and out of.

In this case, we're talking about a GMT800 (00ish) 2500 crew cab 6' bed. The truck itself isn't really THAT massive, but it's long being a crew cab with 6' bed. I have no need for a crew cab at all, nor the 2500. But it's clean AF and the pickings are slim right now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:51 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:44 am

I was looking for either Colorado to keep the size down, or another older Chevy/GMC 1500 but my god, I'm not paying $15K for something that's 5 years newer than my 2005 with 170K miles. I helped a neighbor in the apartments last weekend change out the column shifter mechanism on his F250 with a V10. He didn't know shit about working on cars so I helped him out. Getting in and out of that damn thing made me realize how much I like my Silverado that's not super tall or super big. When I was 20 and had a lifted S10 I loved that height, after getting in and out of it to move around now at 42... Fuck that. Truck is way too fucking big man. Also, popped the hood to show him where something was and the top of the engine bay was at neck level and shrouded in shit you just can't get to. So you'd have to do a damn near upsidedown flip to get into the engine bay and do any work. Today's trucks are just too god damn big
Modern full size trucks or lifted trucks are the worst, just impossible to work on and get old getting in and out of.

In this case, we're talking about a GMT800 (00ish) 2500 crew cab 6' bed. The truck itself isn't really THAT massive, but it's long being a crew cab with 6' bed. I have no need for a crew cab at all, nor the 2500. But it's clean AF and the pickings are slim right now.
Lol I get that length, it's YUGGGGEEEEE.
Mine's a crewcab with the short bed, which is perfect cuz I don't need a huge bed. I need the crew cab tho for when I haul bass gear to gigs and it's raining so I can't put shit in the bed.
And I need it to tow. That's about it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:55 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:51 am

Lol I get that length, it's YUGGGGEEEEE.
Mine's a crewcab with the short bed, which is perfect cuz I don't need a huge bed. I need the crew cab tho for when I haul bass gear to gigs and it's raining so I can't put shit in the bed.
And I need it to tow. That's about it.
See, I want a small cab and long bed because the truck would just be for utility for me. I don't need to store anything inside, and I don't need to take other people. I just need to haul messy shit and tow the boat.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

:hai:

Long time no talk. After a few months of deliberation, I'm pulling my second :plac: of the year. Put a deposit down on a Mazda 3 turbro hatch this week. CTR is getting traded in.

I always somehow find myself back in Mazda3s, but I'm really excited for this one. Seems to solve a lot of what I don't like about the Hype R and is a good match for what I need out of a car most of the time.

Should be here in a few weeks!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

HerrBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:50 pm :hai:

Long time no talk. After a few months of deliberation, I'm pulling my second :plac: of the year. Put a deposit down on a Mazda 3 turbro hatch this week. CTR is getting traded in.

I always somehow find myself back in Mazda3s, but I'm really excited for this one. Seems to solve a lot of what I don't like about the Hype R and is a good match for what I need out of a car most of the time.

Oh wow :oops: what sort of value are they giving you ?
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:52 pm

$41k, so with WA's trade in tax credit, it cost me about $1.5k to drive it 4300 miles over six months if I factor in the taxes, reg, and shipping I paid when I bought it. :notbad: all things considered. I likely wouldn't have done it if it would have been a bigger loss.

It took me a while to be okay with doing it, but I think it's for the best and that I'll be happier in the Mazda.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:58 pm

$41k, so with WA's trade in tax credit, it cost me about $1.5k to drive it 4300 miles over six months if I factor in the taxes, reg, and shipping I paid when I bought it. :notbad: all things considered. I likely wouldn't have done it if it would have been a bigger loss.

It took me a while to be okay with doing it, but I think it's for the best and that I'll be happier in the Mazda.
And what’s the msrp on that bad boy again?

Keep us posted on the 3.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:00 pm

Keep us posted on the 3.
On the R? $39,285 :lol:

Still :mindblown: to hear what some people pay for them. Cool car at MSRP, but a really hard sell (for me) at $5 - 10k over.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:03 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:00 pm

Keep us posted on the 3.

Still :mindblown: to hear what some people pay for them. Cool car at MSRP, but a really hard sell (for me) at $5 - 10k over.
It’s :impressive: that you can trade in above msrp. Seeing similar things on the Tacoma … I may do a thing soon…
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:17 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:03 pm

It’s :impressive: that you can trade in above msrp. Seeing similar things on the Tacoma … I may do a thing soon…
Right? You should :doit: and get a Defender
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Nice. I really liked the Mazda 3 I drove. I considered getting an AWD hatch instead of the outback, but this was before the turbo was available. It was just a hair too tight for me (I'm 6'2"), but it felt like a much more expensive car than it actually was. Infotainment system was fantastic too.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:plac: :plac: :plac:
:plac: :ohdang: :plac:

Turbro 3 is a good choice, IMO. That should be just what you seem to be looking for. In4picsanddeets
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:47 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:17 pm

Checked with stealer and forums. Looks to be 5-6 months wait. Debating at the moment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This makes me a bit sad as I love the Hype R, but it sounds like a much better choice for your lifestyle and pretty epic :dill:

You got to experience owning a Type R for very little which is really cool.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MrH42 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:52 pm Nice. I really liked the Mazda 3 I drove. I considered getting an AWD hatch instead of the outback, but this was before the turbo was available. It was just a hair too tight for me (I'm 6'2"), but it felt like a much more expensive car than it actually was. Infotainment system was fantastic too.
The interior is pretty damn great and I LOVE that there is no touch screen. It has real buttons and knobs for everything that needs it and a pretty decent scroll wheel for the infotainment.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:23 pm

Turbro 3 is a good choice, IMO. That should be just what you seem to be looking for. In4picsanddeets
Agreed. Pics incoming when car gets here.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:48 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Checked with stealer and forums. Looks to be 5-6 months wait. Debating at the moment.
Are they going over sticker near you? Last I checked they were getting listed for $10k over in Seattle, but that was a few months back.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:25 am

This makes me a bit sad as I love the Hype R, but it sounds like a much better choice for your lifestyle and pretty epic :dill:

Yeah, I'm definitely going to miss it but don't think I'll regret offing it. Definitely worth having owned for ~6 months or so.

Still sounds like it'd be a perfect match for what you want so hopefully you get to grab one someday.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:18 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:48 am

Are they going over sticker near you? Last I checked they were getting listed for $10k over in Seattle, but that was a few months back.
10k over sticker in the stealer next door (3 miles away) but I found one 40 miles away that has "no markup". From what I can tell they usually only mark up units on the lot. But I haven't gone further in the conversation. 5-6 months is also a long time... I wonder if I can back out if things aren't what I am expecting/gas goes to $8-10 a gal
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:25 am

Yeah, I'm definitely going to miss it but don't think I'll regret offing it. Definitely worth having owned for ~6 months or so.

Still sounds like it'd be a perfect match for what you want so hopefully you get to grab one someday.
Well not to answer for mr Griff, but he seems like he would also treat the Hype R as if it was made of gold. And I think that robs a lot of fun out of the process. to me it is still a car that you'd want to use and /abuse daily. Keeping it super nice for the next guy is :disgust:
wap

HerrBerlin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:17 pm
wap wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:23 pm

Agreed. Pics incoming when car gets here.
Hopefully it arrives before the end of the year. :popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:46 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Well not to answer for mr Griff, but he seems like he would also treat the Hype R as if it was made of gold. And I think that robs a lot of fun out of the process. to me it is still a car that you'd want to use and /abuse daily. Keeping it super nice for the next guy is :disgust:
Yep, one of the reasons I really have no interest at $50K as mentioned. Look at Mr. Berlin's :dill: for example. He is trading in at $41K... so add tax, mark up, rape fees, etc. You are talking about $50K OTD for a USED CIVIC. That is a lot of money. I would love to buy a CTR for like $35K OTD a year or two old, if that is ever a thing again, I would be a lot more apt to pull the trigger and care less about taking it to track days, leaving it outside, regular daily shit.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:37 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:46 pm

Yep, one of the reasons I really have no interest at $50K as mentioned. Look at Mr. Berlin's :dill: for example. He is trading in at $41K... so add tax, mark up, rape fees, etc. You are talking about $50K OTD for a USED CIVIC. That is a lot of money. I would love to buy a CTR for like $35K OTD a year or two old, if that is ever a thing again, I would be a lot more apt to pull the trigger and care less about taking it to track days, leaving it outside, regular daily shit.
To be fair, I didn't see 35k OTD when I was cross shopping them with my mini back in 2019... way before the VID+Free money.

since then I think Honderp raised the MSRP like 5k... and mark ups are even more grotesque. I really don't get the draw of a CTR to be honest. The price point/FWD/Boy racer nature doesn't make sense to me, when you can have an M2 in the same realm, which IMO is a better car in every way other than space. And IMO space in a performance car should be kept to a minimum.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

The deed is done. Picked up my Mazda3 turbo this past weekend.

Got $41k for the Hype R and paid MSRP for the Mazda3 so I'm happy with the outcome given the current market.

Initial impressions on the Mazda3 are positive. Interior is incredible, rides really well, decently powerful, and it's QUIET compared to any other car I've had which I'm really enjoying. I'll miss the Hype R, but this is without a doubt a better fit for my current situation.

If anyone wants my old car and feels the need to spend $53k on a used Civic, here it is: https://www.southtacomahonda.com/used-T ... 74MU202822 :lol:
wap

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:27 pm The deed is done. Picked up my Mazda3 turbo this past weekend.

Got $41k for the Hype R and paid MSRP for the Mazda3 so I'm happy with the outcome given the current market.

Initial impressions on the Mazda3 are positive. Interior is incredible, rides really well, decently powerful, and it's QUIET compared to any other car I've had which I'm really enjoying. I'll miss the Hype R, but this is without a doubt a better fit for my current situation.

If anyone wants my old car and feels the need to spend $53k on a used Civic, here it is: https://www.southtacomahonda.com/used-T ... 74MU202822 :lol:
:fuckyeah:
Congrats, man. Car looks :nice: , though I'm :notsure: about what seems to be a really :fatty: C pillar. How is the visibility to the rear from the drivers seat?

In4moreimpressionsandinteriorpics.