2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:54 pm

The only BMW I would consider buying is that M2 Comp with the :manuel: This is from a company that used to have an entire lineup of interesting stuff. The 7 series is quite literally limousine sized these days.
Yea M2 comp or non comp :manuel: is quite fun. I think they are going to age well also. Most bugs should have been worked out of the chassis by then.

The thing is though... M3 comp with :manuel: seats 4 in relative comfort, has a real trunk, a non 13 gal gas tank for a car that gets 20mpg... and costs about the same in the used market with same miles etc. Oh and they perform/weigh the same.
Agreed but I am still going M2 Comp because of the bolded. The M3/M4 are fierce enough looking but they aren't........interesting. The gas tank issue is real if I bought one I might have the hound fabricate me an auxiliary tank.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:43 pm
Scalability in production does not equal scalability in dealer service. Dealers are independent entities, and it's immensely difficult/complex to manage that at the OEM level.

There's been multiple case studies on the success of the Lexus launch. Toyota recognized that Lexus, being relatively late to the luxury game, needed to stand out in some way. The products were easy (just make fancy Toyotas), but they decided to have a laser focus on customer service, spending obscene money on dealerships and bonus programs to reward and thus enable industry leading customer service. And that's how it started as a brand going to market. A Lexus was already a great car, but to pay luxury car prices for a new brand, the service set it apart. OEMs are still chasing Lexus in customer service quality, it's been engrained in the culture from the beginning, that makes a huge difference.
:dat: the BMW dealershit i frequented was literally next door to lexus. You can walk over to each one... managed by same company... Yet Lexus was a world of ass kissing and normal sales holes who knew the products and the service quality is astounding! Move over to BMW with 20 something middle eastern bros trying to sell you the most expensive pile of garbage they can find on the back lot. And a service department that doesn't try to make shit right, takes forever, never picks up the phone and is overpriced and shitty for what it is. Never again.

I don't think I have said this before, but probably the MAIN reason why I swore the M cars even though they are by far my favorite is the service aspect. Even while in warranty they are garbage I can only imagine what happens when you're outside of warranty.
So this goes back to brand/OEM versus it being a “independent dealer” bull shit issue. It’s how BMW training and SOP’s is set up versus Lexus.

A BMW dealer and a Lexus dealer owned by the same family/group/owners still have brand differences in service quality. What does that tell you? It’s whatever training/or lack thereof that comes from the OEM.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

razr390 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:05 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:47 pm
:dat: the BMW dealershit i frequented was literally next door to lexus. You can walk over to each one... managed by same company... Yet Lexus was a world of ass kissing and normal sales holes who knew the products and the service quality is astounding! Move over to BMW with 20 something middle eastern bros trying to sell you the most expensive pile of garbage they can find on the back lot. And a service department that doesn't try to make shit right, takes forever, never picks up the phone and is overpriced and shitty for what it is. Never again.

I don't think I have said this before, but probably the MAIN reason why I swore the M cars even though they are by far my favorite is the service aspect. Even while in warranty they are garbage I can only imagine what happens when you're outside of warranty.
So this goes back to brand/OEM versus it being a “independent dealer” bull shit issue. It’s how BMW training and SOP’s is set up versus Lexus.

A BMW dealer and a Lexus dealer owned by the same family/group/owners still have brand differences in service quality. What does that tell you? It’s whatever training/or lack thereof that comes from the OEM.
I would agree with this if we didn't have 200 stores that receive the exact same training. There are good ones and bad ones, and it generally starts with the culture that the branch manager instills.

Training or not, it still comes down to the people you hire and the culture fostered by leadership.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390

4zilch wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:14 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:05 pm

I would agree with this if we didn't have 200 stores that receive the exact same training. There are good ones and bad ones, and it generally starts with the culture that the branch manager instills.

Training or not, it still comes down to the people you hire and the culture fostered by leadership.
No doubt. But it’s just funny how the Lexus dealer and BMW dealer owned by same group has such different culture.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:21 pm

No doubt. But it’s just funny how the Lexus dealer and BMW dealer owned by same group has such different culture.
I agree completely with this. If you know how to sell cars and run a dealership, there should be fundamental consistencies between all your stores.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:21 pm

Toyota pays dealers A LOT to achieve those high levels of customer service. BMW doesn't. Dealers are motivated entirely by $$$, and they'll deploy resources toward the best returns. It's that simple.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Small update on the damage.

Seattle :dillerman: is really impressing me. They got in contact with selling dealer and said it isn't covered under warranty, and that they can do the repairs and charge the selling dealer for it. Guy they talked to at original dealer doesn't have that kind of authority, so it's escalated to his manager and local dealer is now waiting to hear from them.

I made it clear in my convo right now that I want the quote provided to original dealer to be for new wheels, not repaired, and he said he would absolutely be willing to do that.

Really impressed with the local guy. He's completely going to fight for me which I did not expect whatsoever, given I did not buy the car there.

Will be here like :popcorn: while waiting to hear how original dealer reacts to being told the damage is on them.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:08 pm Small update on the damage.

Seattle :dillerman: is really impressing me. They got in contact with selling dealer and said it isn't covered under warranty, and that they can do the repairs and charge the selling dealer for it. Guy they talked to at original dealer doesn't have that kind of authority, so it's escalated to his manager and local dealer is now waiting to hear from them.

I made it clear in my convo right now that I want the quote provided to original dealer to be for new wheels, not repaired, and he said he would absolutely be willing to do that.

Really impressed with the local guy. He's completely going to fight for me which I did not expect whatsoever, given I did not buy the car there.

Will be here like :popcorn: while waiting to hear how original dealer reacts to being told the damage is on them.
Another update. Selling :dillerman: just called me to ask for the contact info of who I've been talking to in Seattle. He said he is working with them on how to get it fixed and wanted to ensure seattle dealer is not trying to charge me because they "are going to make sure everything is taken care of."

This may actually be way easier than I thought it'd be.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:42 pm

Another update. Selling :dillerman: just called me to ask for the contact info of who I've been talking to in Seattle. He said he is working with them on how to get it fixed and wanted to ensure seattle dealer is not trying to charge me because they "are going to make sure everything is taken care of."

:fuckyeah:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Good.

Local dealer minion realizes he gets a lifetime customer and tons of kudos for going above and beyond.

Selling dealer realizes they need to do this right otherwise they’re going to lose reputation.

Let’s wait until they get the bill 😂
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:25 pm

Good.

Local dealer minion realizes he gets a lifetime customer and tons of kudos for going above and beyond.

Selling dealer realizes they need to do this right otherwise they’re going to lose reputation.

Absolutely true. I told him I may not have been there before, but I will 100% be going there for future service after the way I'm being treated.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:31 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:25 pm

Good.

Absolutely true. I told him I may not have been there before, but I will 100% be going there for future service after the way I'm being treated.
Its so fantastic when a dealer (or anyone really) exceeds expectations by a mile.....
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:20 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Its so fantastic when a dealer (or anyone really) exceeds expectations by a mile.....
Right? Very unexpected and so appreciated.

We'll see if this actually ends with my car being fixed with new parts. :lol:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

How a cayenne is delivered to us...

razr390

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:30 pm How a cayenne is delivered to us...

Looks like a hockey goalie mask
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

No curb feelers? :disappoint:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:54 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 pm

:mahman: solid points and we're now spanning a service area the size of Germany. California has got be one of BMWs key target markets... and if they can't do it right here then they can't do it right anywhere.
The only BMW I would consider buying is that M2 Comp with the :manuel: This is from a company that used to have an entire lineup of interesting stuff. The 7 series is quite literally limousine sized these days.
:dat: the weird thing is, the g20 m340i and m2c are very similar with performance, granted the m2 is lighter, but they are both dead even. For an auto the m340i is actually fairly different than an 330i (being M sport as standard) and x-drive that actually makes the car quite oversteery. Most are just small medium large of sedans, SAV's, and SUV's
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm

:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:19 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm

:impressive:
Although I’ve had one arrive where that bag was incorrectly installed and rubbed the paint to hell, requiring the hood, fenders and roof to be painted.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I saw a new Cayenne yesterday. It didn't have much more ground clearance than a 911
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

That's pretty cool to see. Thanks for sharing!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Still needs paint correction tho
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Good update to the damage on the british hatch after not hearing anything for a week.

Selling :dillerman: has agreed to pay the cost to fix the damage with new parts. Seattle :dillerman: doesn't have a tire mounting machine that can do type r wheels without damaging them, so he's calling around to other local dealers to find one that can. Once he finds one, he is sending the estimate over to the seller and will order the parts. :notbad:
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Meanwhile I'm loving the car. :wub:

haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 am Meanwhile I'm loving the car. :wub:

That color is phenomenal.