2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Who is going to be first in 2021?!?!

Mr Fled!!!! #1
1. Smurf blue :jeep:
2. Zilch CuckTM crotch vibrator
3. Devils trannyverse.
4. Rockchops with the Desert Mans’ Jeep.
5. :melon: 3/4/5
6. Herr Berlin with the UK built/American engined/FWD HondeRRRp hatch!
7. Hailey with the VAG wagooon
8. D :plac: with the placoril blue bmw
9. Mr Detroit with the C.T.2 (CuckTrek)
10. Sawce boss with the cucklentra
11. Johnny with the Blue CRV EX-L Honderp !!
12. Herr Berlin with a mazderp turbro
13. Turkish Delight with the Honderp Accord
14. Mr Devil with the Blazer
15. Myself with the Tessie Model S
16. D Best - trashcan (Pontiac :mahtroy: )
17. Rlwake - Korean :hibachi: sedan
18. Desertman - SS Tahoe
19. Adoob - the dfd village miatacycle
20. Detroit - 4runz

22 Vehicles
20 3/5th Vehicles (3/5th coming from :melon: 's soul)
17 vehicles
:hubba:
Last edited by max225 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 24 times in total.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I'm sure I won't be first, but once the vaccines are broadly rolled out and our offices are open again, I'll for sure be on the list. It became abundantly clear when we went to visit my parents over Christmas (my mom also had Covid already so my dad was the only one in the house who hadn't had it yet - relax), it became abundantly clear that we'll need something bigger than the Atlas. Since we'll need two cars that can do :baby: :baby: :baby: duty anyway, there's for sure an Odyssey coming our way at some point. Just undecided if it'll be a used one - probably a '14-'17 - or if I'll spring for a new 2021 EX-L since used prices are still so nutty. Will depend on what things look like come late spring/summer and also how easy it is to turn off the safety nannies in the 2021s. :triggered:
max225

coogles wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:08 pm I'm sure I won't be first, but once the vaccines are broadly rolled out and our offices are open again, I'll for sure be on the list. It became abundantly clear when we went to visit my parents over Christmas (my mom also had Covid already so my dad was the only one in the house who hadn't had it yet - relax), it became abundantly clear that we'll need something bigger than the Atlas. Since we'll need two cars that can do :baby: :baby: :baby: duty anyway, there's for sure an Odyssey coming our way at some point. Just undecided if it'll be a used one - probably a '14-'17 - or if I'll spring for a new 2021 EX-L since used prices are still so nutty. Will depend on what things look like come late spring/summer and also how easy it is to turn off the safety nannies in the 2021s. :triggered:
Prices should certainly stabilize by then. Also getting a 21 and turning the nannies off seems quite off putting. Nannies are probably the only real change in that thing over the prior models
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:35 pm Prices should certainly stabilize by then. Also getting a 21 and turning the nannies off seems quite off putting. Nannies are probably the only real change in that thing over the prior models
I'd certainly prefer a car without them. I think the new ones look better, they also have CarPlay and supposedly Honda made some changes to the driving dynamics for '21 that make them a bit less of a bore to drive. Different brake booster, better steering feel, also the new 10 speed auto versus the older 6 speed. Nothing earth-shattering, but should be a nice improvement in most respects. The Odyssey will be mine, so even if the changes in driving dynamics aren't super dramatic, I'm sure I'll appreciate them.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I believe TK just picked up a Renault Clio.
First purchase of 2021?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:42 pm Was there ever a year where I didn't make the :plac: list?
1872? :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Not sure the cucktruck counts, but I might be the first if that ever shows up.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:13 pm Not sure the cucktruck counts, but I might be the first if that ever shows up.
It counts.

:notsure: if I will personally make the list or not this year, I'd say 50/50. Some of it will depend on what goes down on the job front. If the promotion I hope to see mid-year works out, I will probably get something new, either add a road car/DD to the Corvette, or off the Corvette and get a do-it-all car I could drive around the region in and also do occasional track days and mountain roads.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:13 pm Not sure the cucktruck counts, but I might be the first if that ever shows up.
It counts.

:notsure: if I will personally make the list or not this year, I'd say 50/50. Some of it will depend on what goes down on the job front. If the promotion I hope to see mid-year works out, I will probably get something new, either add a road car/DD to the Corvette, or off the Corvette and get a do-it-all car I could drive around the region in and also do occasional track days and mountain roads.
I really don't think a do-it-all car is your answer. It rarely is.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:21 pm

It counts.

I hate having two cars :doe: , such a pain in the ass from a maintenance standpoint, particularly living in a house with a single width driveway and only one covered parking spot :disgust:

We shall see though, until something changes with life, I have no :plac: plans, just rocking the :poorvette: eternally. I am priced out of the car game now, anything else fun/cool is too much money.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:35 pm
I hate having two cars :doe: , such a pain in the ass from a maintenance standpoint, particularly living in a house with a single width driveway and only one covered parking spot :disgust:

We shall see though, until something changes with life, I have no :plac: plans, just rocking the :poorvette: eternally. I am priced out of the car game now, anything else fun/cool is too much money.
Yea, that's where I'm at as well.

The problem with a one-car-to-rule-them-all is that you just end up with a ton of compromises and nothing particularly great. My Gladiator is a fantastic example. It's the best do-everything vehicle (for what it is :truk: ) that I've ever had, but it's not really great at anything, just good at more things than it's bad at.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:51 pm

The problem with a one-car-to-rule-them-all is that you just end up with a ton of compromises and nothing particularly great. My Gladiator is a fantastic example. It's the best do-everything vehicle (for what it is :truk: ) that I've ever had, but it's not really great at anything, just good at more things than it's bad at.
:notwrong: although the C5 does currently tick basically every box for me. I suppose I could just commute around to places on the east coast in the C5 and try to get it to 300K miles or something. Or I could just get something totally NFG, street park it, drive through wash, etc. Perhaps a used Mazda3 or Golf something like that.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:51 pm

The :mk6: of :truk: s? :mindblown:
max225

It counts for sure
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:42 pm Was there ever a year where I didn't make the :plac: list?
Not while I was keeping score
:lolgasm:
max225

wap wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:40 pm I believe TK just picked up a Renault Clio.
First purchase of 2021?
I think he mentioned it was in December ... so I may add him to the 2020 list.
I’m pretty :excited: about more members posting this year :thankstrump:
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:40 pm I believe TK just picked up a Renault Clio.
First purchase of 2021?
Hmm. I'm probably :wrong: but I thought he said it just arrived or something. :notsure: :doe:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:30 pm My goal is to stay off the list this year, but we all know how that often goes. :lol:

That being said, I've invested some sweat equity in the tacotruk to ensure I own it for a while.

The only thing I could see happening would be selling the MINI for a 2nd time if this year goes poorly.
Call me first if that happens.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:59 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Hmm. I'm probably :wrong: but I thought he said it just arrived or something. :notsure: :doe:
Yeah, I think he took delivery in January, so I say we add him to this list, just to get things kick started in the right direction.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 am
wap wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:59 pm

Yeah, I think he took delivery in January, so I say we add him to this list, just to get things kick started in the right direction.
:dat:
max225

I'll wait for him to chime in so that we can properly place him.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I will be replacing the wife’s Renegade in the spring. Her lease is done in the summer. Shortlist is a Wrangler or Renegade.

If the Plug-in Renegade 4xe shows up, I think that’ll be what she gets.

I’m planning on a fun toy for the summer and will keep an eye on trades that come through as trades. I may give serious consideration to a 718 Cayman on the Employee Lease program.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:30 pm My goal is to stay off the list this year, but we all know how that often goes. :lol:

That being said, I've invested some sweat equity in the tacotruk to ensure I own it for a while.

The only thing I could see happening would be selling the MINI for a 2nd time if this year goes poorly.
5/7 dentists agree that you would regret that instantly.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I was "gifted" an 88 Firebird GTA that's been sitting in a gravel driveway for the better part of a decade that I have yet to take ownership of.

Does that count?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:50 pm I was "gifted" an 88 Firebird GTA that's been sitting in a gravel driveway for the better part of a decade that I have yet to take ownership of.

Does that count?
YES. Pics.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.