Do I dare sell the 4Runner?!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Finally some fucking content around this place.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:megusta:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Dbest wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 pm

:ohdang:

Sorry? Congrats? :iono:
Both I guess.... Long story short(ish) - she grew up a religious small town girl, the wait for marriage type. So we did, and it quickly became very apparent that we were not on the same page in the physical aspect. In fact we were totally on the opposite ends of the spectrum in the sense that she would perfectly content living out her days more or less as a best friend and roommate. She got the kids she wanted and she was perfectly happy with that. Over the years it hadn't naturally progressed or improved so we had a big sit down talk about it. For waaaaaay to long it was more of the same, so I finally decieded I had enough. I want to share my life with a significant other, not a best friend/roommate. I'm happy to be done and moving on but she's upset about all of it. We've been married 9.5 years and the first big discussion about all this happened about 7.5 years ago and now, for the first time, she finally wanted to try consiling and to see if we get it to a point that it's tolerable enough to keep me around. The time to start trying to work on it has long passed, especially knowing there is zero chance she can force herself to change enough to be what I want in my life, and quite frankly she shouldn't have to. Plus there's definitely a bit of resentment over the fact that I neer wante to have a second kid, in fact I was adamantly against it, but I let her her constant fucking whining and crying guilt me into it. She's a wonderful mother and a great person, she's just not my person. Still in the divorce process.

All in all I don't think anyone should get married prior to their 30's, you're too young and dumb and you're still learning who you are and what you want.
Tough call to make, but good on you for being honest with yourself and realizing what you need to be happy.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

So its up to you guys, I haven't posted in my adventure thread in like a year and half, do you guys want to me to catch that backup and continue sharing things?
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Dbest wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:20 pm So its up to you guys, I haven't posted in my adventure thread in like a year and half, do you guys want to me to catch that backup and continue sharing things?
:yesth:

You have fun adventures, and the scenery is second to none!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:31 pm
Dbest wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:20 pm So its up to you guys, I haven't posted in my adventure thread in like a year and half, do you guys want to me to catch that backup and continue sharing things?
No such thing as a dead thread around here unless it’s closed.

Share away!
:dat:
:doit:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Back from the dead starting here viewtopic.php?p=490052#p490052
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:33 pm Good on you recognizing it and doing something about it.... Part of me wishes I would have, the other part doesn't know what I'd do without her. But make no mistake, I faced exactly the same issue and staying exacerbated my alcoholism and now we are soon facing an empty nest.....guess we will find out whether we can become man and woman again instead of best friends/co-parents.... I give it 50/50 .....
I feel you, brother...
Y'all are really making a younger, more recently married dude, feel optimistic :lolol:

'grats, DBest, sounds like you made the right call and those pics are epic! I hope it all works out well for you and thanks for stopping by to share the car/life updates.