Android Auto/ACP Discussion Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:05 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:54 pm

Yeah. Interesting show. Hope they do another season. The actual uplink process had me :shock: :lolol:
:lol: It was certainly a good show, pretty original, imo.
Just read an article in our local paper this week about the main character's friend at Horizen. I forget his name. The dude who lost his legs in the army or whatever. He was profiled because he's from here and went to high school nearby. Anyway, he said that the show was renewed but production is currently suspended because of Covfefe-19. But it was renewed, so that's :fuckyeah:
I also like dis show
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:41 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:05 pm

:lol: It was certainly a good show, pretty original, imo.
Just read an article in our local paper this week about the main character's friend at Horizen. I forget his name. The dude who lost his legs in the army or whatever. He was profiled because he's from here and went to high school nearby. Anyway, he said that the show was renewed but production is currently suspended because of Covfefe-19. But it was renewed, so that's :fuckyeah:
I also like dis show
:mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:03 pm I only know of one single time that the compass was actually useful in my MK6.

Does veedub sell a rear view mirror with a digital compass built in?
:iono: I used it all the time when I had it. I truly miss it now.

I think they do but it's rather :waxer: and my mirror has the rain sensor thingie in it so I don't want to mess with that.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

My LL Bean boot has a massive 11”+ screen, but CarPlay and AA only used half of it. They finally released an update this week. Downloaded all the :dillerman: files and did the update today.

Great success.
wap

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 pm My LL Bean boot has a massive 11”+ screen, but CarPlay and AA only used half of it. They finally released an update this week. Downloaded all the :dillerman: files and did the update today.

Great success.
:notbad:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 pm My LL Bean boot has a massive 11”+ screen, but CarPlay and AA only used half of it. They finally released an update this week. Downloaded all the :dillerman: files and did the update today.

Great success.
That is wild.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Great success.
Do the apps themselves use all that space? That’s cool.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Yep. Had to google search to find how it used to look.

Previously:

Now:

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

MrH42 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 am Yep. Had to google search to find how it used to look.

Previously:

Now:

:nice:
wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:19 am
MrH42 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 am Yep. Had to google search to find how it used to look.

Previously:

Now:

:nice:
:dat:
Johnny_P

Previously:

Now:

Oh fuck yeah. Run decently well too? I read some stuff that said the big ass screen needed a faster processor and it had some lag. But I have not tried it out for myself.

I really like the current outback’s.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:03 pm I only know of one single time that the compass was actually useful in my MK6.

Does veedub sell a rear view mirror with a digital compass built in?

I think they do but it's rather :waxer: and my mirror has the rain sensor thingie in it so I don't want to mess with that.
I dunno I would get a price from the dealer to install one. I know Subaru has something like that, I think it’s like $200 option but the mirror has Home link buttons for garage doors as well. Or it’s auto dimming. I don’t remember. I thought it was a massive waste of money but if you will use it and like it then it’s worth doing.

First mod!!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:wap: would have loved the 90's Subaru compass option.

MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:48 am

Previously:

Now:

Oh fuck yeah. Run decently well too? I read some stuff that said the big ass screen needed a faster processor and it had some lag. But I have not tried it out for myself.

It runs...ok. Good enough. At least it's a capacitive screen. It can be kind of laggy at times but it isn't too bad. Besides, I don't touch it much. Just waze, favorites, then home & work, and queueing up podcasts/music/audiobooks. Typically just continuing what I was listening to on my phone anyways, so it's mostly there to just be a giant display.

It's kind of interesting. They moved basically all HVAC controls to the screen. There are hard buttons for defrost and to change each zone temp. There are a lot of UI issues with this (for example, the heated seats...you don't just press the heated seat button to cycle through it. You press that, which then opens another sub menu, and then have to hit that???). Hopefully that will eventually get fixed with another update. Everyone hates it. But the whole HVAC system runs on a different processor than the rest of the screen? It's really high resolution for being a car infotainment screen, so they actually split the processing work to two processors. It's an interesting take on it. I think the idea is to try to isolate any infotainment lag from the HVAC. But both HVAC and infotainment can takeover large portions of the screen.

Pretty strange system. I wish they would have just cutt the bottom 2 inches off the screen and just gave physical HVAC controls instead.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:51 am
wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm

I dunno I would get a price from the dealer to install one. I know Subaru has something like that, I think it’s like $200 option but the mirror has Home link buttons for garage doors as well. Or it’s auto dimming. I don’t remember. I thought it was a massive waste of money but if you will use it and like it then it’s worth doing.

First mod!!
I think VW offers something like that, with auto dimming and Home Link buttons, too, which I am :whocares: about. But I may ask about it the next time I'm at my :dillerman:
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 am :wap: would have loved the 90's Subaru compass option.

Boy, that's a lot......larger than a small NSEW in the MFD. :lol:
wap

MrH42 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:48 am

It runs...ok. Good enough. At least it's a capacitive screen. It can be kind of laggy at times but it isn't too bad. Besides, I don't touch it much. Just waze, favorites, then home & work, and queueing up podcasts/music/audiobooks. Typically just continuing what I was listening to on my phone anyways, so it's mostly there to just be a giant display.

It's kind of interesting. They moved basically all HVAC controls to the screen. There are hard buttons for defrost and to change each zone temp. There are a lot of UI issues with this (for example, the heated seats...you don't just press the heated seat button to cycle through it. You press that, which then opens another sub menu, and then have to hit that???). Hopefully that will eventually get fixed with another update. Everyone hates it. But the whole HVAC system runs on a different processor than the rest of the screen? It's really high resolution for being a car infotainment screen, so they actually split the processing work to two processors. It's an interesting take on it. I think the idea is to try to isolate any infotainment lag from the HVAC. But both HVAC and infotainment can takeover large portions of the screen.

Pretty strange system. I wish they would have just cutt the bottom 2 inches off the screen and just gave physical HVAC controls instead.
My rental Charger was like that. I counted something like 5 screen taps just to turn on the ass warmer. :disgust:
The bolded would be the perfect solution, IMO. Keep it totally separate from the screen, which would still be PLENTY big enough.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 am
MrH42 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am

My rental Charger was like that. I counted something like 5 screen taps just to turn on the ass warmer. :disgust:
The bolded would be the perfect solution, IMO. Keep it totally separate from the screen, which would still be PLENTY big enough.
Yeah that's the way old spec U Connect works and its rather :disgust:
I don't understand it on the charger / 300... there's a ton of wasted cheap shitty plastic space all over. Plenty of room for a damn seat heater button.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:39 pm

I don't understand it on the charger / 300... there's a ton of wasted cheap shitty plastic space all over. Plenty of room for a damn seat heater button.
Definitely. :|
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 am :wap: would have loved the 90's Subaru compass option.

That is actually pretty fucking cool. Altitude meter? :fuckyeah:
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:24 pm

:notwrong:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

And barometer with other functions.

It's the Jitterbug version of a compass fire :wap:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 pm

:notwrong:
Subarus are the cars that climb Mt Washington.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Those buttons are real variable cost. People still buy the cars despite it, so :scrooge:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 pm

And barometer with other functions.

It's the Jitterbug version of a compass fire :wap:
:lolol: