Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:31 pm

Pretty bad? It is by far the worst sounding vehicle I have ever heard. Every time I back out of the driveway I am like "why is there a witch whistling in my ear right now?"

It is still a great engine :doe: , even in the four door it's relatively quick and surprisingly efficient. Would buy again.
I mean I don’t think there has ever been a good sounding Jeep. They sounded like absolute shit dating back to the Willy.

The sole exception is the 392… however that motor is menace to society due to the owners of challengers and chargers that chop the mufflers off and cruise at 5000 rpm on the freeway at 3am high as a kite. So it is tough for me to take a liking even though arguably a V8 sounds good. I can literally hear them from 5 miles Away.
Yeah as Max has pointed out there are a TON of really terrible people spending 70% of their income on 392 and Hellcat Challengers and Chargers. Purchasing one of these used would be quite ........challenging. (Padum Dum) SO MUCH FLATBRIM. SO MANY SPLITTER SHIPPING CORNER PROTECTORS. Do I think a manual Hellcat Widebody Challenger is desirable? Yes I do. But I can't be lumped with my new brethren.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

:jeep: is being painted.. hopefully that means I get it sooner than their initial June 4 estimate..
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:47 pm

I mean I don’t think there has ever been a good sounding Jeep. They sounded like absolute shit dating back to the Willy.

The sole exception is the 392… however that motor is menace to society due to the owners of challengers and chargers that chop the mufflers off and cruise at 5000 rpm on the freeway at 3am high as a kite. So it is tough for me to take a liking even though arguably a V8 sounds good. I can literally hear them from 5 miles Away.
Yeah as Max has pointed out there are a TON of really terrible people spending 70% of their income on 392 and Hellcat Challengers and Chargers. Purchasing one of these used would be quite ........challenging. (Padum Dum) SO MUCH FLATBRIM. SO MANY SPLITTER SHIPPING CORNER PROTECTORS. Do I think a manual Hellcat Widebody Challenger is desirable? Yes I do. But I can't be lumped with my new brethren.
With my new commute I see some :neat: hardware like a blue 392 Challenger this past Tuesday. That beast must chew up some highway miles.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:49 pm :jeep: is being painted.. hopefully that means I get it sooner than their initial June 4 estimate..
:megusta:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Man, for some reason I loved the way the 3.6 sounded in the JT. Oddly sporty sounding, not course or annoying at all. I always thought :notbad: with the sound when I got on it.
I certainly never thought the 3.6 Jeeps sounded bad. Max saying they all sound bad is just indicative of having never heard/driven the 2.0T unit. It is truly remarkable how bad it sounds. I drove 100K miles in a diesel F550 which obviously sounds horrid and the 2.0T :jeep: is like... way, way worse.

:aintcare: though, at least it isn't very loud, you can just tune it out and it is an otherwise amazing powertrain for the car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah the flavor of the week in my car search is used WRX... man, so much vape bro. There are so many for sale but every single one has some :wtf: element that prevents it from being buyable.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've thought a lot about a Hellcat :manuel: Challenger. But man...the owner set ruins it. I usually DGAF about image or whatever, but in this case they're THAT BAD.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Yeah the flavor of the week in my car search is used WRX... man, so much vape bro. There are so many for sale but every single one has some :wtf: element that prevents it from being buyable.
Used WRX's are particularly :disgust: agreed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 pm

I've thought a lot about a Hellcat :manuel: Challenger. But man...the owner set ruins it. I usually DGAF about image or whatever, but in this case they're THAT BAD.
Yep.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Yeah I am kind of giving up... I drove the Corvette last night to go MTB and one of the headlights isn't popping up reliably, everything is creaking and making noises, it is falling apart and I just am not enthused on working on it. I need to take the offer and run, of course I lost the title :doe: :rage:

And I can't decide on what to replace it with with :tits: :scrooge:

:disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:02 pm
Yeah I am kind of giving up... I drove the Corvette last night to go MTB and one of the headlights isn't popping up reliably, everything is creaking and making noises, it is falling apart and I just am not enthused on working on it. I need to take the offer and run, of course I lost the title :doe: :rage:

I'm keeping an eye on the car market since I'd buy something if the right thing popped up. Lots of :disgust: overall. Can you do without it for a little while?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:38 pm
Man, for some reason I loved the way the 3.6 sounded in the JT. Oddly sporty sounding, not course or annoying at all. I always thought :notbad: with the sound when I got on it.
I certainly never thought the 3.6 Jeeps sounded bad. Max saying they all sound bad is just indicative of having never heard/driven the 2.0T unit. It is truly remarkable how bad it sounds. I drove 100K miles in a diesel F550 which obviously sounds horrid and the 2.0T :jeep: is like... way, way worse.

:aintcare: though, at least it isn't very loud, you can just tune it out and it is an otherwise amazing powertrain for the car.
I think I’m being a bit harsh. But in general there is nothing better about it than say a mini van etc. It just isn’t something that sounds good… like a sti sounds
Good/distinctive a Ferrari sounds good… some newer bmws sound good… some mercs sound good…
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:32 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:57 pm

I think I’m being a bit harsh. But in general there is nothing better about it than say a mini van etc. It just isn’t something that sounds good… like a sti sounds
Good/distinctive a Ferrari sounds good… some newer bmws sound good… some mercs sound good…
Oh I'm with you, it's never been anything special, but the 2.0 is next level :wtf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:15 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 pm

I'm keeping an eye on the car market since I'd buy something if the right thing popped up. Lots of :disgust: overall. Can you do without it for a little while?
Can I live without? Yes. But it would be sort of shitty.

:tits: drives the :jeep: to work every day, so if I ever wanted to go out for lunch, grocery store, gym, MTB trails, you name it, I am not going. I also tend to do all day outings without her regularly, like big bike rides I drive to the start of, hikes, etc. I MOSTLY ride my bike places now but there are times when not having a car would be quite meh.

I also feel like I would feel rather claustrophobic sans car. I enjoy the freedom of knowing I could go anywhere on a moments notice if I chose to.
max225

I think we have already crested…. Everyone and their mom is scrambling to sell everything they own. There are no more people in 2021 that in 2019/2020 etc and the ICE days are numbered.

People are soon going back to the office/work. And shit will really hit the fan…

This “my Tacoma is worth more than new” crap will end soon enough.

Doesn’t hurt to capitalize on that imo. The real question is carvana and crew are market manipulators imo. They have literally bought up the entire inventory of gently used cars and they set pricing… fucking wild.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:48 pm I think we have already crested…. Everyone and their mom is scrambling to sell everything they own. There are no more people in 2021 that in 2019/2020 etc and the ICE days are numbered.

People are soon going back to the office/work. And shit will really hit the fan…

Doesn’t hurt to capitalize on that imo. The real question is carvana and crew are market manipulators imo. They have literally bought up the entire inventory of gently used cars and they set pricing… fucking wild.
The Duke Brothers have cornered the FOJC market.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:16 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:48 pm I think we have already crested…. Everyone and their mom is scrambling to sell everything they own. There are no more people in 2021 that in 2019/2020 etc and the ICE days are numbered.

The Duke Brothers have cornered the FOJC market.
Of course there's something wrong with him Mortimer, he's a caaar guy....

Or did you mean deez guise?

SAWCE

Just got a call from the shop.. apparently since it’s the Rubicon bumper I’m having them install, it doesn’t quite fit right without the tow hitch receiver that the rubicon comes with, so they asked if I wanted to get that ordered and installed as well. Fuck it, let’s do it.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:41 pm Just got a call from the shop.. apparently since it’s the Rubicon bumper I’m having them install, it doesn’t quite fit right without the tow hitch receiver that the rubicon comes with, so they asked if I wanted to get that ordered and installed as well. Fuck it, let’s do it.
Which shop did you end up going with this time btw ?

I had mixed experiences at Caliber… and Service king. Both made it right in the end but both had to be hand held.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

We traded this in yesterday. Sold it today.

Sticker was apparently 77ish.

We bought it at $75 and got $82 for it. Unreal.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:41 pm Just got a call from the shop.. apparently since it’s the Rubicon bumper I’m having them install, it doesn’t quite fit right without the tow hitch receiver that the rubicon comes with, so they asked if I wanted to get that ordered and installed as well. Fuck it, let’s do it.
Which shop did you end up going with this time btw ?

I had mixed experiences at Caliber… and Service king. Both made it right in the end but both had to be hand held.
I did service king. The one time they did work for me before it was all spot on, and they’re very communicative which I appreciate.
SAWCE

He’s going to call me back with a part number and cost, but looking myself I believe they should go with JK10AHITCHKIT to mate to the 10th Anniversary Rubicon bumper I asked for. @detroit, you able to confirm that?
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:29 pm He’s going to call me back with a part number and cost, but looking myself I believe they should go with JK10AHITCHKIT to mate to the 10th Anniversary Rubicon bumper I asked for. @detroit, you able to confirm that?
Confirmed: https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/jk10ahitchkit.html
Ninja :dillerman: strikes again
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:29 pm He’s going to call me back with a part number and cost, but looking myself I believe they should go with JK10AHITCHKIT to mate to the 10th Anniversary Rubicon bumper I asked for. @detroit, you able to confirm that?
Confirmed: https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/jk10ahitchkit.html
:wub: thank you sir. That’s the site I used too.
SAWCE

I’ve never done anything with towing before.. will they or I need to wire anything up?