Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:20 pm

It is classy without being a shade of despair. This is a big skittles forum, yourself included, but I prefer something a wee bit more toned down.
Yea, I love skittles for a Jeep. Just goes well to me.

But I get it, not everyone wants to be cool.
:roasted:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Yea, I love skittles for a Jeep. Just goes well to me.

But I get it, not everyone wants to be cool.
Speaking of cool, blue meanie :megusta: :jimp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:42 pm

:notwrong:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:20 pm

:triggered:

It's funny, I don't care for the color on my Corvette all that much as it is so old man spec. On a :jeep: I think it is pretty cool, I don't recall them ever being sold in such a color. I dig the uniqueness, although I still prefer some other :jeep: colors like yours and mine for example.
There's been similar colors over the years, but it's never been a staple. It is indeed unique for a wrangler.

I think the only non-skittles color I like is Sarge Green. Sarge Green Mojave with the whorange accents would look :megusta:
My $68k optioned wide-body 392 Charger/Chally would probably be ordered in F8 Green Metallic if I pushed the order button today. It's a pretty cool looking color, especially with some form of brown seats.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:42 pm

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Sarge green is my second choice for Jeep color for sure after a real purple. Wish they’d kept the Punk’n instead of swapping it out for the more yellowish Nacho.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:39 pm Sarge green is my second choice for Jeep color for sure after a real purple. Wish they’d kept the Punk’n instead of swapping it out for the more yellowish Nacho.
Don't get me started! I love punk'n.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Threw some Silverstar Ultra’s from vatozone in the JT this past weekend. :notbad: upgrade for $50.
I’ll revisit LEDs at a later point but these are certainly an upgrade from the stock bulbs.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:38 pm Threw some Silverstar Ultra’s from vatozone in the JT this past weekend. :notbad: upgrade for $50.
I’ll revisit LEDs at a later point but these are certainly an upgrade from the stock bulbs.
I honestly think the halogen housings are a great bulb away from being good.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 am
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:38 pm Threw some Silverstar Ultra’s from vatozone in the JT this past weekend. :notbad: upgrade for $50.
I’m really not complaining about them now. :notbad: upgrade for a Grant.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:32 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 am
Hmmm may do this as well :notbad:

I've heard Silverstars only last a few months in :poorvette: , will be curious to see how they do in :jeep: :truk: :popcorn:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:50 am
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:32 am

Hmmm may do this as well :notbad:

I've heard Silverstars only last a few months in :poorvette: , will be curious to see how they do in :jeep: :truk: :popcorn:
As long as Tony keeps his wing-sauce covered mitts off the bulbs they should last fine.
It’s worth the experiment to me. I’ve got the stockers in the truck incase one burns out and I need a quick replacement.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’ve had luck with Philips bulbs in the past. To hell with silver stars. They don’t last.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

The :plac: is increasing.

So Chief blue is just about gone and can’t be ordered any more. Found 2 ideal candidates within 200 miles of Philly and both dealers will not trade with my preferred dealership.

According to the friend/sales manager Apex hooked me up with, deals are few and far between (verified, my dealership I bought the renegade offered me a $1100 discount off MSRP for in stock units only). Dealer trades are also non existent as they’re just burning through whatever inventory they get so quickly.

Given our situation, her lease is up in 4 or 5 months. It looks like we’re going to special order an Islander in Hydro Blue, black hard top with headliner, cold weather, tech, led headlights and tow hitch. MSRP is $46135 and it looks like with first payment and acquisition fee down we’ll be at about 1% of MSRP.

There’s not going to be any specials or incentives and an order could be here within 8 weeks. She’s going to sleep on it, but I’m thinking we’re close to throwing down a deposit.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:19 pm The :plac: is increasing.

So Chief blue is just about gone and can’t be ordered any more. Found 2 ideal candidates within 200 miles of Philly and both dealers will not trade with my preferred dealership.

According to the friend/sales manager Apex hooked me up with, deals are few and far between (verified, my dealership I bought the renegade offered me a $1100 discount off MSRP for in stock units only). Dealer trades are also non existent as they’re just burning through whatever inventory they get so quickly.

Given our situation, her lease is up in 4 or 5 months. It looks like we’re going to special order an Islander in Hydro Blue, black hard top with headliner, cold weather, tech, led headlights and tow hitch. MSRP is $46135 and it looks like with first payment and acquisition fee down we’ll be at about 1% of MSRP.

There’s not going to be any specials or incentives and an order could be here within 8 weeks. She’s going to sleep on it, but I’m thinking we’re close to throwing down a deposit.
:mahman:

We shall :jeep: together!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wayment you’re getting Wrongler ?

46k is a pretty decent price point what does it come with ? Option wise.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:37 pm I’ve had luck with Philips bulbs in the past. To hell with silver stars. They don’t last.
I bought these for the :poorvette:

The left side still doesn’t work after replacing, hopefully it’s a fuse... haven’t really been compelled to look at it as it’s so cold and wet. The one that works looks to be very bright though :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Hydro blue rules.

Apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 am Hydro blue rules.

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:55 am

yeah, the Renegade lease is up in a few months and she started showing interest in a Wrangler late last year. Now the Taco is gone and I'm driving the Corolla, it's time for a "fun" car again so I'm encouraging her to make the jump.

She likes the Islander trim, so we're likely going to end up building one with the options we need. Islander comes pretty well spec'd with a unique interior, suspension, 17" wheels with AT tires, rock rails, and a bunch of unique accents outside. I'll throw the LED headlights and cold weather package on it because of her daily 330am commute, and the tow hitch for the bikes/bike rack. Otherwise it's a solid build.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

They have a Rubicon in stock in Chief Blue, with the cold weather package.

No hardtop. Need to price one out.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

and we have a small bit of equity in the Renegade... somehow.

This is such a stupid idea.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:14 am and we have a small bit of equity in the Renegade... somehow.

This is such a stupid idea.
Stupidest ideas are greatest ideas!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:55 am

yeah, the Renegade lease is up in a few months and she started showing interest in a Wrangler late last year. Now the Taco is gone and I'm driving the Corolla, it's time for a "fun" car again so I'm encouraging her to make the jump.

She likes the Islander trim, so we're likely going to end up building one with the options we need. Islander comes pretty well spec'd with a unique interior, suspension, 17" wheels with AT tires, rock rails, and a bunch of unique accents outside. I'll throw the LED headlights and cold weather package on it because of her daily 330am commute, and the tow hitch for the bikes/bike rack. Otherwise it's a solid build.
Hard top?
At?
2.0?
3.6?
Alpine ?
8.4 U connect ?

White hardtop ?

Come on mang let us live vicariously through the process !
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:19 am
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 am

Hard top?
At?
2.0?
3.6?
Alpine ?
8.4 U connect ?

White hardtop ?

Come on mang let us live vicariously through the process !
2.0 AT. Black hardtop.

Although they have this Rubicon and it's the right color. I'm going to push for this if it's still available. https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticke ... N7MW631939