Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:33 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:09 pm JT update: headliner install went well! Super stoked with the feel of the JT on the inside now. Might be a slight reduction in wind noise, but will get a better feeling over the next couple weeks.

In other news, Long Range America makes an auxiliary fuel tank for an additional 17gallons. :megusta:
Pics or :gtfo:

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:04 am
SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Pics or :gtfo:

:megusta:
Apex

Phone call clarity is immensely better with the headliner vs without.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:51 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:47 pm Phone call clarity is immensely better with the headliner vs without.
Makes sense - and awesome.

Man, I'd love a Ecodiesel Gladiator.
I’m pretty sure I’d love one too, but wasn’t in the budget. Now, calling up Zilch and swapping in a R2.8 would be epic!

I feel like wind noise is slightly reduced, but I get more tire noise. :iono:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:40 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:56 pm

I’m pretty sure I’d love one too, but wasn’t in the budget. Now, calling up Zilch and swapping in a R2.8 would be epic!

Yeah, that's an expensive truck. Then again, what isn't expensive anymore. Maybe a R2.8 in the :taco: :notbad:

Time for some dynomat!
:dat:

Coal-rolled :taco: :megusta:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:44 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:43 pm

:dat:

Coal-rolled :taco: :megusta:
Not sure how I'd get a coal rollin' :taco: through emissions. :lol:
:iono:
Would be neat doe!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The tire noise was there all along, you're just now noticing it because the wind noise is lower.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:47 pm Phone call clarity is immensely better with the headliner vs without.

I dunno, modern diesels are complex AF. ANY diesel now is :notsure:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:59 pm
I mean, yeah, the complexity sucks. But for towing long distance, the diesel is really nice.
Aside from cost, I’ve heard too much negative on the modern diesel to really sway me to ponying up for one.

I’m more intrigued at adding an aux fuel tank for moar fuel range.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:57 pm

The tire noise was there all along, you're just now noticing it because the wind noise is lower.
:mindblown:

Also, truck smells like balsa wood from the headliner. :lol:
SAWCE

That was my train of thought.

I still want to rip out my carpet and bedline the tub. Wonder if that plus the headline would give a relatively quiet (compared to stock, not a real car) ride.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:59 pm
I mean, yeah, the complexity sucks. But for towing long distance, the diesel is really nice.
For what? Range? Lack of shifting?

I'm with Pex, give me a bigass fuel tank to fill with 87 so I can drive forever. That's the one option I really regret missing on the CT...33 gal fuel tank.

With the premium on diesel fuel and newer fast shifting/good geared transmissions, I'd argue that gas is preferred.

I may be singing a different tune in a month when I'm towing a 4k boat and trailer across the country.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:21 pm
:mindblown:

Also, truck smells like balsa wood from the headliner. :lol:
:megusta: balsa wood smell.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:30 pm

I still want to rip out my carpet and bedline the tub. Wonder if that plus the headline would give a relatively quiet (compared to stock, not a real car) ride.
Bedline might help a bit, but you really want more substantial sound deadening to make a meaningful difference IMO.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:30 pm

Bedline might help a bit, but you really want more substantial sound deadening to make a meaningful difference IMO.
:word: I’m not doing the bedline as a way to silence it, it’ll just be an added benefit if it cuts down any of the noise. It was weird driving the Jeep for the first few days after being in a rental for 2-3 weeks, but now the noise is normal to me again. Headliner and any sound reduction from the floor would be :notbad:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:40 pm
:word: I’m not doing the bedline as a way to silence it, it’ll just be an added benefit if it cuts down any of the noise. It was weird driving the Jeep for the first few days after being in a rental for 2-3 weeks, but now the noise is normal to me again. Headliner and any sound reduction from the floor would be :notbad:
Yea I don't think there is much noise around where you would bedline. Most of the noise is coming through the Portapotty top/windows. Also carpets/specific noise insulation is probably better at insulating noise than a Bedliner.
Apex

Ordered a replacement key fob from AJT Designs and it’s shipping from Traverse City. :lol:
Should slim down the megafob a bit.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:30 pm Ordered a replacement key fob from AJT Designs and it’s shipping from Traverse City. :lol:
:ohdang: Just looked it up, they're 20 minutes from my house incredibly.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/about

I should see if I could make some new friends.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:30 pm Ordered a replacement key fob from AJT Designs and it’s shipping from Traverse City. :lol:
Looks like the make CUCKOMA fobs too... I'll reserve my comments on the design.

SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 pm

Yea I don't think there is much noise around where you would bedline. Most of the noise is coming through the Portapotty top/windows. Also carpets/specific noise insulation is probably better at insulating noise than a Bedliner.
Yeah makes sense.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:35 pm https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/about

I should see if I could make some new friends.
:mahman:
Apex

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:35 pm

:thicc:

At least the :jeep: one removes the flip key from the side to slim it down a bunch.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:48 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:35 pm

:thicc:

At least the :jeep: one removes the flip key from the side to slim it down a bunch.
The Jeep key is stupid large. The switchblade is there so you can lock the back seat (JT), glovebox, and console easily with the doors off, but the design was :wat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:38 pm

For what? Range? Lack of shifting?

I'm with Pex, give me a bigass fuel tank to fill with 87 so I can drive forever. That's the one option I really regret missing on the CT...33 gal fuel tank.

With the premium on diesel fuel and newer fast shifting/good geared transmissions, I'd argue that gas is preferred.

I may be singing a different tune in a month when I'm towing a 4k boat and trailer across the country.
The Pentastar is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING corporate drone engine. Diesel Rubi JL or JT has cachet bro. Second only to 392. Don't even care about your logical arguments.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.