Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:30 pm

The rubbing issues cause people to add wheel spacers, which who knows where they got them from.

I’d like to follow manufacturer specs when it comes to the only part of my vehicle that actually touches the road/ground.
Yep. Chinese sourced spacers from ebay to run tires that are too wide for the wheels on a $50k Jeep. Makes perfect sense.

BuT IvE beEN ruNNinG ThEm fOr 100K mIlEs wiTh NO iSsuEs!
:dat:
Apex

Got a :like: from a Ram Rebel driving up the parkway this morning. :notbad:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:23 am Got a :like: from a Ram Rebel driving up the parkway this morning. :notbad:
I waved at someone in an awesome Sarge Green Gladiator with a bunch of toys on it this morning. The bastard didn’t acknowledge me.

I told wifey about it when I got home that some people are dicks sometimes.

I was driving my Corolla.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:57 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:23 am Got a :like: from a Ram Rebel driving up the parkway this morning. :notbad:
I waved at someone in an awesome Sarge Green Gladiator with a bunch of toys on it this morning. The bastard didn’t acknowledge me.

Corolla needs some 32’s for that street cred. :lol: or roll doorless. :lolol:
Apex

:fap: :fap:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:08 pm Image

:fap: :fap:
I'm looking forward to seeing one of these.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:33 pm

Michelle misses my Jeep more than I do :lol:
Yea, chicks really love them.

For some reason, my Michele is way more :fuckyeah: on the CT2 than the JL. She didn't like the top off much because of messing up hair :whocares: , so it made the thing somewhat of a waste. So that worked out...
Weird... I kind of thought Allison would never actually take the soft top back unless I was there/suggested it, but she uses it all of the time. It's funny because she adores the Beep Beep but would rather I be drivng it and she be the passenger, particularly on highways. She seems to enjoy driving it around town just fine, her commute is like 6 urban miles.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:57 pm

:lolol: I am always doing the :jeep: wave when I'm not in the :jeep: , I just forget. The :jeep: peeps are probably like why is this weird bicycle commuter/ :poorvette: / BMW driver waving at my rig?

That bright green Gladiator is amazing.
Apex

Not quite a Carolina squat going on…

Should have used a hatchback, god damn moran.

ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 pm Not quite a Carolina squat going on…

A CRV could have handled that no problem.

I was always impressed with how the JT handled weight in the bed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:14 am

This was riding on the bump stops and the KM2s were bulging out. I wouldn’t drive this very far, but it was only around the corner so :notbad: :lol:

Should be enough to do the walkway project at the new place if we ever close.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:40 am
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:14 am

This was riding on the bump stops and the KM2s were bulging out. I wouldn’t drive this very far, but it was only around the corner so :notbad: :lol:

Should be enough to do the walkway project at the new place if we ever close.
I drove mine nearly on the bumpstops more than I should admit it. It was always fine, take it slow.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Needs more :poorvette:
Apex

Hauled a chest freezer in the bed today too. :moran:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 pm Hauled a chest freezer in the bed today too. :moran:
Cucktrek could have done that. Idiot.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:20 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 pm Hauled a chest freezer in the bed today too. :moran:
My Mk4 DID do it, but it was an upright freezer, :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:20 pm
:smrt:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:23 pm
wap wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 pm

:smrt:
:mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yo :jeep: owners:

What say you on maintenance intervals? Our last free oil change from :dillerman: is coming up and I think I'll take over everything from that point on, I still enjoy maintaining my own vehicles for peace of mind and :scrooge:

I was looking at this: https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-veh ... edule.html

It seems like other than oil changes, it recommends axle fluid change, air filter, etc. I see no mention of auto trans fluid change, brake fluid change, rear diff, etc.

Anyone have any info/resources on what to do and when? I imagine we will keep this car for 7-10+ years, so it would be nice to keep it fresh.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

@bigD do you remember when the short wheelbase WL is supposed to come out?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We rented a 2.Bro Safari JLU in Hawaii. Black. I have never driven the JL but many own one so I will be brief.

1. 8 speed transmission is amaze compared to 5 speed but it needs a sport mode aside from the manual as that thing has you in the highest gear possible as soon as possible.
2. My wife really liked the size, which I think we all do. Big enough for utility, narrow/short enough to avoid the CDL.
3. 2.Bro is decent enough on power but is still soul crushing item of corporate boredom. Jeep is a bro vehicle, I reiterate my stance that it needs a bro engine. You've got this Mojito Green Rubicon 35 inch tire thing.........that is powered by a 2.0 turbo four or the Pentagram? The only other option being $80K 392 Unobtanium? Lame.
4. Hawaii is truly built for the Jeep because anything over 60 gets you pulled over. Thus no opportunity to test the wind noise/porta-potty roof /inherent brick wall dynamics.
5. Did not even think about looking at my phone as the wandering steering would create a head on collision in short order.
6. Wife liked it quite a bit but she had issues with paying $40K and receiving a porta-potty roof. I told her those were "freedom panels" and that did not alter her valuation. I therefore assume similar issues with paying $60K and receiving a porta-potty roof.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:38 pm We rented a 2.Bro Safari JLU in Hawaii. Black. I have never driven the JL but many own one so I will be brief.

1. 8 speed transmission is amaze compared to 5 speed but it needs a sport mode aside from the manual as that thing has you in the highest gear possible as soon as possible.
2. My wife really liked the size, which I think we all do. Big enough for utility, narrow/short enough to avoid the CDL.
3. 2.Bro is decent enough on power but is still soul crushing item of corporate boredom. Jeep is a bro vehicle, I reiterate my stance that it needs a bro engine. You've got this Mojito Green Rubicon 35 inch tire thing.........that is powered by a 2.0 turbo four or the Pentagram? The only other option being $80K 392 Unobtanium? Lame.
4. Hawaii is truly built for the Jeep because anything over 60 gets you pulled over. Thus no opportunity to test the wind noise/porta-potty roof /inherent brick wall dynamics.
5. Did not even think about looking at my phone as the wandering steering would create a head on collision in short order.
6. Wife liked it quite a bit but she had issues with paying $40K and receiving a porta-potty roof. I told her those were "freedom panels" and that did not alter her valuation. I therefore assume similar issues with paying $60K and receiving a porta-potty roof.
Sounds about right.

Soft top, soft top, soft top.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

The new snazzleberrry color or whatever it is is hot. See a few JLs and a Gladiator in it. Gladiator looked awesome with that color.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:30 pm Yo :jeep: owners:

What say you on maintenance intervals? Our last free oil change from :dillerman: is coming up and I think I'll take over everything from that point on, I still enjoy maintaining my own vehicles for peace of mind and :scrooge:

I was looking at this: https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-veh ... edule.html

It seems like other than oil changes, it recommends axle fluid change, air filter, etc. I see no mention of auto trans fluid change, brake fluid change, rear diff, etc.

Anyone have any info/resources on what to do and when? I imagine we will keep this car for 7-10+ years, so it would be nice to keep it fresh.
On a high stress turbro motor with a timing chain, I'd go with a 5k OCI. 30k front/rear diff drain and fills. T-case drain and fill @ 50k, trans drain and fill at 75k. But that's just me. Cheap insurance.

Air filter/cabin filter annually or as-needed. Pull and inspect every other oil change. Also, if possible, lube the driveshaft U-joints every oil change.
:nice: Thanks man. We've been on a 6-7K mile cadence for the oil changes. I'm definitely with you, never changing trans/diff fluids is questionable in my book.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

We’re at about 4200 miles on the Rubicon so far and the built in oil life reminder has us at about 30% remaining.

I’ll be doing this every 6 months or about 5k. Oil is cheap and labor is free.