Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:08 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:02 pm

Yeah, the facelifts on the Tesla's are about as good as this...

:lolol:

I think it's a weird choice for long distance trips... super chargers or not, range anxiety is definitely a thing based on owners I've talked to. :iono: Teslas are indeed amazing in many ways, but I just don't like them. It's an opinion thing, but I think I am one of few here to have actually driven a fast Tesla (P90D)... yes, it's :impressive: ... but it just ain't "it".

I think my iPhone is really nice, it works perfectly, it's designed well, it does all that I ask of it. I don't give a shit about my iPhone. Teslas are this to me.
I can't do a Model 3 or Y but this has an IT factor that the run of the mill teslas don't.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:55 pm Man... a face only a mother could love... :gag: :disgust:

It really grew on me, and the doors go up, it drives itself, uses no gas, and has a shit ton of space inside. All SUVs are hideous to me with a few exceptions.

This is what I like from an SUV perspective
G Wagen
GLC43 AMG
RR Sport (1st gen)
RR Up to current gen
Wrangler
That's it...
Without a doubt it is a super useful and (other than price) practical vehicle with great performance. Hence the iPhone analogy.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:04 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:17 pm

It really grew on me, and the doors go up, it drives itself, uses no gas, and has a shit ton of space inside. All SUVs are hideous to me with a few exceptions.

This is what I like from an SUV perspective
G Wagen
GLC43 AMG
RR Sport (1st gen)
RR Up to current gen
Wrangler
That's it...
Without a doubt it is a super useful and (other than price) practical vehicle with great performance. Hence the iPhone analogy.
Yea this isn't meant to be some sort of super fun to drive (although I am sure it is :notbad: on on ramps) but more like practical, semi rare, unique and interesting vehicle to own.

Mini fun factor is impossible to beat for the money... so it is staying... but it would be nice to have something to be practical in as well... also... I am still pretty drooly over the TURD taco, so I may just go that route and save 45k.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:04 pm

Yea this isn't meant to be some sort of super fun to drive (although I am sure it is :notbad: on on ramps) but more like practical, semi rare, unique and interesting vehicle to own.

Mini fun factor is impossible to beat for the money... so it is staying... but it would be nice to have something to be practical in as well... also... I am still pretty drooly over the TURD taco, so I may just go that route and save 45k.
:iono: I'm probably a broken record here... but the Taco sounds like the move here - it is still a perfectly acceptable place to spend a trip, most new vehicles are nice and Toyota has quite good build quality. It is pennies on the dollar to own compared to the Tesla, offers more fun IMO (do you value :lolol: acceleration or going into the woods and stuff?). Taco is probably more interesting/unique in the Bay Area versus another Tesla. The :truk: bed is actually pretty useful with home ownershit, I have always denounced :truk: and now sometimes want one. Sure, you can borrow the ancient one, but that is a hassle.

I don't have wants for a Tacoma because it just isn't special to me, but it is overall a pretty compelling vehicle, especially when you have another fun car around to fulfill that piece.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:07 pm

:iono: I'm probably a broken record here... but the Taco sounds like the move here - it is still a perfectly acceptable place to spend a trip, most new vehicles are nice and Toyota has quite good build quality. It is pennies on the dollar to own compared to the Tesla, offers more fun IMO (do you value :lolol: acceleration or going into the woods and stuff?). Taco is probably more interesting/unique in the Bay Area versus another Tesla. The :truk: bed is actually pretty useful with home ownershit, I have always denounced :truk: and now sometimes want one. Sure, you can borrow the ancient one, but that is a hassle.

I don't have wants for a Tacoma because it just isn't special to me, but it is overall a pretty compelling vehicle, especially when you have another fun car around to fulfill that piece.
I think I am mostly agreeing with you here. I am just debating about the proper setup or :taco: :manuel: or auto... :notsure: I hate the idea of the auto because it is ancient and so many complaints are logged about it... but the :manuel: may prevent :tits: from enjoying the vehicle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 pm

I think I am mostly agreeing with you here. I am just debating about the proper setup or :taco: :manuel: or auto... :notsure: I hate the idea of the auto because it is ancient and so many complaints are logged about it... but the :manuel: may prevent :tits: from enjoying the vehicle.
:lolol: I was pretty clear from day one in my relationship that she would just have to :dealwithit: with :manuel: and cars she doesn't really like. I don't think she cares at all in my case, it's just sort of my thing and she has her things. It is kind of nice having the Jeep for trips together though, so when we're traveling we can both enjoy. She really liked the BMW but always wished it were auto so "she could drive it" on trips (even though she did drive it just fine and normally just chose not to).
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:01 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:36 pm

:lolol: I was pretty clear from day one in my relationship that she would just have to :dealwithit: with :manuel: and cars she doesn't really like. I don't think she cares at all in my case, it's just sort of my thing and she has her things. It is kind of nice having the Jeep for trips together though, so when we're traveling we can both enjoy. She really liked the BMW but always wished it were auto so "she could drive it" on trips (even though she did drive it just fine and normally just chose not to).
Yea, but sometimes its nice to have the sig other take over and drive. I think she'd have a super easy time in the Tesla, but a shitty time in the taco, due to the size+ :manuel:

her car is honestly a pile, yes it is reliable AF, but it is starting to get ugly, and it is super dated inside, and will probably need a bit of maintenance soon (all 4 shocks + tires ~ 3k) I was hoping to "offset" some of the purchase price of the model X by her chipping in. And at this point.... I can't really claim the TACO is for her... unless I am buying it for :pinterest: shit... hmmm interesting idea.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Yea, but sometimes its nice to have the sig other take over and drive. I think she'd have a super easy time in the Tesla, but a shitty time in the taco, due to the size+ :manuel:

her car is honestly a pile, yes it is reliable AF, but it is starting to get ugly, and it is super dated inside, and will probably need a bit of maintenance soon (all 4 shocks + tires ~ 3k) I was hoping to "offset" some of the purchase price of the model X by her chipping in. And at this point.... I can't really claim the TACO is for her... unless I am buying it for :pinterest: shit... hmmm interesting idea.
Does she care though?
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:40 pm

Does she care though?
Not really but I care and I drive that POS a lot.

:sass:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:30 am
We were quite surprised as well. We have a community pool that our $1k/mo taxes cover, but COVID closed that this year. We've had record heat and drought, so people are doing :fullretard: things to cope I guess. This summer has sucked hard in SE MI. The rest of the state is awesome.

:tits: wanted to get an above ground pool until she saw the neighbor's.
Makes sense to be honest I don't envy people with elementary aged kids in the pandemic, at a certain point, :wtf: are you supposed to do to keep them entertained?
:dat:

They legit lose motivation too at some point. Break out the Nintendo Switch, an old laptop, Netflix to fill hours.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 am In4house deets Max. Congrats!
:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:55 pm Man... a face only a mother could love... :gag: :disgust:

Yeah, the facelifts on the Tesla's are about as good as this...

Good lord. :gag:

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:37 pm
The only thing I can think of it now is an epic time to go on adventures, and a vehicle is rather critical for that. Still :butwhy:

Model X is the opposite of an offroader. :lolol:
I am looking for an off roader and a long range cruiser ... The Model X fills the long term cruiser box really nicely. "up to" 350miles now... which is nearly 50% more than mini. Also has the epic Tesla supercharger network. For fucks sake they HAD CHARGERS IN DEATH VALLEY. And no I am likely not taking it off road with 20-22" wheels/tires. Hence wanting the taco... I need a utility vehicle in the stable, which I currently don't have at all.

I will be borrowing that old POS taco for the next few weeks and I'll be doing some work on it as "thanks" like changing all 3 belts/plugs and rear shocks which are original at 250k miles :oops:
First gen V8 Tundra
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Jeep hinting at launching a new Grand Wagoneer on the social media’s? :notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:17 am Jeep hinting at launching a new Grand Wagoneer on the social media’s? :notsure:
Hasn't this been one of the worst kept secrets in the industry?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:50 am

First gen V8 Tundra
If he thinks $15k for a 10 year old truck is nuts, wait until he sees $15k for a nearly 20 year old truck. :mindblown:
:wtf: no
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:23 am
Apex wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:17 am Jeep hinting at launching a new Grand Wagoneer on the social media’s? :notsure:
True... but these are the first pics released by Jeep? :iono:
I just saw a start button and an “E E R” badge. :lol:
Apex

:nevermind:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:23 am
True... but these are the first pics released by Jeep? :iono:
I just saw a start button and an “E E R” badge. :lol:
Yea, reveal activity is underway.

Don't get too excited, this is one of those things that makes me :| in my job and the brand.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:59 pm
Depends how smooth/stock like you want the ride to be.

I personally would, but I really like a smooth ride over our garbage roads. You want the control arms to be as parallel with the ground as possible for the smoothest ride over bumps. Where you're at in CA, it might not make a huge difference. You could always try the lift without them, and if you weren't happy with the ride, add them later.
Good call. Although roads in my hood are pretty shit compared to other places.. actually San Diego has pretty shit roads in general unless you’re in the :waxer: communities.
Miramar Way from the 15 to the Ballast Point Brewery is like Cologne after a thousand plane B-17 raid.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

If you think you're going to get away with that you are out of your fucking mind.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:10 pm

If you think you're going to get away with that you are out of your fucking mind.
Well I just got away with it. 😅
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:10 pm

Wow, what a loving fiance' you are.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:13 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Wow, what a loving fiance' you are.
That’s why she is a fiancé and not a mail order bride. That choice was made for a reason
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:56 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Good call. Although roads in my hood are pretty shit compared to other places.. actually San Diego has pretty shit roads in general unless you’re in the :waxer: communities.
Miramar Way from the 15 to the Ballast Point Brewery is like Cologne after a thousand plane B-17 raid.

There are some roads we completely avoid if in Michelle‘a Mazda3