Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:03 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 pm Cup holder talk is :disgust:

That said my mini has 5 which is insanity.
This is my life in product planning. Like it or not, this is getting to be a more common complaint.

What I'd love to see is a large accessible open space in the console that can be used for different accessories. A large bottle holder, a phone holder, a switch bank, etc, etc.
Don't worry about the power or the handling. If you can fit 8 Big Gulp Cups and has a user interface that allows you to sync 5 phones simultaneously with split screeens for facebook and "Insta"..........you''ve built a good car.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:03 pm
This is my life in product planning. Like it or not, this is getting to be a more common complaint.

What I'd love to see is a large accessible open space in the console that can be used for different accessories. A large bottle holder, a phone holder, a switch bank, etc, etc.
Don't worry about the power or the handling. If you can fit 8 Big Gulp Cups and has a user interface that allows you to sync 5 phones simultaneously with split screeens for facebook and "Insta"..........you''ve built a good car.
To the majority of the buying public, yes.

Also, this is why I hate my job.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:30 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm

Cup holders fit the large drinks from Taco Bell; that’s all I need.
:dat:

It is also the only thing that fits right in the C5 cup holder (that or a regular can). Works out fine for me :iono:

I actually used this functionality on the way home from VIR last night. My 'VID strat on road trips is just go through the drive through, then park in the lot and eat the food in my car. Eating while driving gets a hard pass from me. I got the $5 :fatty: box and sucked down a large Diet Pepsi.

Yes, I drink soda. Come at me, bros.
Highly recommend just buying one of these and keeping it in the center console. I fucking love mine.

https://www.facebook.com/CorvetteClips/

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:03 pm
Some door pockets might be able to handle them honestly.
The door pockets in the 440i have the big bottle/cup thang. TBH carrying around a big ass water bottle all the time is too :millennial: to me.
The :mk6: and Mk7 is the same.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:15 pm

It is also the only thing that fits right in the C5 cup holder (that or a regular can). Works out fine for me :iono:

I actually used this functionality on the way home from VIR last night. My 'VID strat on road trips is just go through the drive through, then park in the lot and eat the food in my car. Eating while driving gets a hard pass from me. I got the $5 :fatty: box and sucked down a large Diet Pepsi.

Highly recommend just buying one of these and keeping it in the center console. I fucking love mine.

That would be cool if my flappy cover hadn't broken off six months ago :triggered:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:15 pm

That would be cool if my flappy cover hadn't broken off six months ago :triggered:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:33 pm

:mahman:
Baja Blast is my goto TB beverage.
I requested Baja Blast Zero Sugar but they were out :triggered:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 pm

The BB Zero Sugar is so fucking good.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:31 pm

It seems to be under some sort of national shortage though (it has been out on my last three Taco Bell visits at two different stores in two different cities).
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:57 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:31 pm

It seems to be under some sort of national shortage though (it has been out on my last three Taco Bell visits at two different stores in two different cities).
I wish I bought a case or two while it was in stores.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I heard Taco Bell is ditching the 7 Layer Burrito
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 pm I heard Taco Bell is ditching the 7 Layer Burrito
And my go to dollar cravings Fritos burrito
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:02 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 pm I heard Taco Bell is ditching the 7 Layer Burrito
Damn. I haven’t had one of those in forever, but they’re so good. Great calorie:$ ratio at like 410:1. Hopefully they keep the $1 spicy potato burrito.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

You dudes are making my :drool: , I had no breakfast this morning and now I want TB. They are very few/far between lately, when i do see them they are coupled to a KFC.

I think that I'm going to lower my exposure to fast food doe, with the exception of a coffee with bagel or whatnot.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:37 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:02 am

Damn. I haven’t had one of those in forever, but they’re so good. Great calorie:$ ratio at like 410:1. Hopefully they keep the $1 spicy potato burrito.
"All potatoe products" are also being eliminated
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:37 am

"All potatoe products" are also being eliminated
Well fuck. I might have to hit a cheat meal there soon before they go away.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:ohmy:
SAWCE

Put my doors and top on today because I had to clear out my old garage. Like a :derp: I let the driver side door swing open without hooking up the strap and my mirror dented the little side cowling part. Bummed. Not sure if a PDR guy can pull it, but I’ll find out. If not I’ll throw some of the covers on there so I don’t have to see the dent.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:47 pm Image
:megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

This is always an :amazing: look to me, because it is so fking long and it has so little body stiffness as it has no roof, so it makes me think the frame is hella strong. Imagine having a convertible that is 230" long .... those things were cracking in half in driveways... a jeep will climb on a mountain and make it, to 300k miles with no issues
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:01 pm
This is always an :amazing: look to me, because it is so fking long and it has so little body stiffness as it has no roof, so it makes me think the frame is hella strong. Imagine having a convertible that is 230" long .... those things were cracking in half in driveways... a jeep will climb on a mountain and make it, to 300k miles with no issues
And it'll tow 7,700 lbs or take 1,600 lbs in the bed. The frames are insane strong...it's basically just a narrowed Ram frame in a midsize truck.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I have one minor comfort complaint with the Willys, I want to raise the front of the seat up a tad for a little more thigh support. I need to take a look and see if it’s adjustable or if a couple washers will do the trick.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:00 am I have one minor comfort complaint with the Willys, I want to raise the front of the seat up a tad for a little more thigh support. I need to take a look and see if it’s adjustable or if a couple washers will do the trick.
Dang unless it changed from the JK to the JL mine adjusts high enough for me to feel supported fine.