Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Large cup holders would be nice. I have one of those 32oz Hydroflask bottles and there is no convenient place to put it when I’m driving if someone else is in the passenger seat.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I find the cup holders are adequate :iono:

They are better than any other car I’ve had other than maybe the :mk6: with its Red Bull van holder for vape bros.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The center console in the Jeep could hold a huge water bottle.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Ah. Interesting. Yeah nowhere good for a mondo water bottle.

Yeah the Tiguan had an electronic parking brake. It was a tiny window switch type thing. I don’t know why everyone gets so bent out of shape about them. It’s easy to live with and frees up a lot of space.
How do you perform an epic handbrake turn with a little flippy switch? :disgust:
I think you'd roll a JL attempting a handbrake turn...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:53 pm Large cup holders would be nice. I have one of those 32oz Hydroflask bottles and there is no convenient place to put it when I’m driving if someone else is in the passenger seat.
exactly. last summer I conducted some research with millennials, and that was the biggest complaint. everyone uses reusable :fancy: bottles and they're almost always too big for the cup holders. at least one cup holder should be big enough to accommodate
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:55 pm The center console in the Jeep could hold a huge water bottle.
it really could.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:49 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:53 pm Large cup holders would be nice. I have one of those 32oz Hydroflask bottles and there is no convenient place to put it when I’m driving if someone else is in the passenger seat.
exactly. last summer I conducted some research with millennials, and that was the biggest complaint. everyone uses reusable :fancy: bottles and they're almost always too big for the cup holders. at least one cup holder should be big enough to accommodate
Millennials drive? :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:59 pm
Apparently. They all want Wranglers but can't afford them :doe:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:03 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Tiny house in the forest... + jeep + :doge: + baby and a woman that sells shit on etsy while everyone lounges in the mud. #thedream
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Ah. Interesting. Yeah nowhere good for a mondo water bottle.

Yeah the Tiguan had an electronic parking brake. It was a tiny window switch type thing. I don’t know why everyone gets so bent out of shape about them. It’s easy to live with and frees up a lot of space.
How do you perform an epic handbrake turn with a little flippy switch? :disgust:
You buy a vehicle that is right wheel drive from the start so you don’t need to use such tomfoolery. Like the STI. It will do donuts and slide the ass end around all day.

Or a pickup. Man. I fucking love pickups. Big ass motor, RWD, light rear end makes for serious lolz.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:03 pm
Tiny house in the forest... + jeep + :doge: + baby and a woman that sells shit on etsy while everyone lounges in the mud. #thedream
:megusta:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Even some more stretch on the seat back compartments so a bottle can fit there with out pushing into Your’s or your passenger’s back would be nice.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:32 pm

You buy a vehicle that is right wheel drive from the start so you don’t need to use such tomfoolery. Like the STI. It will do donuts and slide the ass end around all day.

Or a pickup. Man. I fucking love pickups. Big ass motor, RWD, light rear end makes for serious lolz.
Buy my friend's Brocoma

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ct- ... hRi5SIetYE
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I've never been in any vehicle with cup holders that could accommodate those huge water bottles... I guess it would be nice, just seems a strange complaint when such a thing doesn't exist and it would fit perfectly in the center console, which is more than could be said of most cars.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:59 am
I've never been in any vehicle with cup holders that could accommodate those huge water bottles... I guess it would be nice, just seems a strange complaint when such a thing doesn't exist and it would fit perfectly in the center console, which is more than could be said of most cars.
Some door pockets might be able to handle them honestly.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:59 am

The door pockets in the 440i have the big bottle/cup thang. TBH carrying around a big ass water bottle all the time is too :millennial: to me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:03 pm
The door pockets in the 440i have the big bottle/cup thang. TBH carrying around a big ass water bottle all the time is too :millennial: to me.
:dat: :whocares:

The 3 series door holders were indeed decent but still wouldn't fit one of :millennial: the bottles they're referring to. I am staunchly opposed to bottled water... but I also just don't really need to have water with me on my commute or whatever. If I am going for a hike or some other activity, I just put the water bottle with my other items in the trunk and get it when needed.

I get pretty :triggered: with cup holder complaints.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:49 pm

The 3 series door holders were indeed decent but still wouldn't fit one of :millennial: the bottles they're referring to. I am staunchly opposed to bottled water... but I also just don't really need to have water with me on my commute or whatever. If I am going for a hike or some other activity, I just put the water bottle with my other items in the trunk and get it when needed.

C5 is pretty bad unless you have one of the 3D printed rings :doe:

The B5 A4 is bad too.
Apex

Cup holders fit the large drinks from Taco Bell; that’s all I need.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It seems incredible to me that until recently all of mankind just walked around in a dehydrated, under performing coma. Now unless we have a 60 ounce Yeti with water from the Swiss Alps affixed to our lips and a catheter bag to hold the residual we canna make it captain.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Cup holder talk is :disgust:

That said my mini has 5 which is insanity.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm

:dat:

It is also the only thing that fits right in the C5 cup holder (that or a regular can). Works out fine for me :iono:

I actually used this functionality on the way home from VIR last night. My 'VID strat on road trips is just go through the drive through, then park in the lot and eat the food in my car. Eating while driving gets a hard pass from me. I got the $5 :fatty: box and sucked down a large Diet Pepsi.

Yes, I drink soda. Come at me, bros.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:30 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm

:dat:

It is also the only thing that fits right in the C5 cup holder (that or a regular can). Works out fine for me :iono:

I actually used this functionality on the way home from VIR last night. My 'VID strat on road trips is just go through the drive through, then park in the lot and eat the food in my car. Eating while driving gets a hard pass from me. I got the $5 :fatty: box and sucked down a large Diet Pepsi.

Yes, I drink soda. Come at me, bros.
:mahman:
Baja Blast is my goto TB beverage.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 pm Cup holder talk is :disgust:

This is my life in product planning. Like it or not, this is getting to be a more common complaint.

What I'd love to see is a large accessible open space in the console that can be used for different accessories. A large bottle holder, a phone holder, a switch bank, etc, etc.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:03 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 pm Cup holder talk is :disgust:

This is my life in product planning. Like it or not, this is getting to be a more common complaint.

What I'd love to see is a large accessible open space in the console that can be used for different accessories. A large bottle holder, a phone holder, a switch bank, etc, etc.
Another lightbar... because a Jeep needs more. :lol: