Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:12 pm
The "middle" 7" screen with accompanying audio is more than adequate. Took the JT on the highway with the top off today, speakers kept up incredibly well.

Also interesting in my JT, the top off entirely somehow has less wind blasting your head than with just the freedom panels off. Both wife and I noticed that today.
:dat: I think it sounds plenty good enough, this is a tent on wheels, not a studio control room. Also I did find the 5” screen kinda poverty spec but the 7” and accompanying tech is very nice. Overall just love the interior.
The 5" is embarrassing and shouldn't be std on a vehicle that price.

The interior is absolutely awesome :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Did off roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

ChrisoftheNorth

:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:21 am Image

5/7! Great pics
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:mahman: :fuckyeah:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Looks like a blast man! I wish we had beaches we could crawl on here.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I just noticed leather !
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:00 pm I just noticed leather !
They are a mix of cloth/leather, unique to the Freedom :fuckyeah: edition.
Apex

Took the freedom panels off and cruised around. It was a perfect day.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

5/7 pics, Griff! Looked like a lot of fun.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Hell yeah!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:00 pm I just noticed leather !
Another clue/insight into the :hibachi: deets on the spec! Stay tuned for next week when we see another key feature!

:trollface: :lol:

All joking aside that is a very very good looking jeep. Would love to know about the soft top operation, I could see myself going with it if the day comes where we pick one of these up.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:57 pm Took the freedom panels off and cruised around. It was a perfect day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:17 pm
Apex wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:57 pm Took the freedom panels off and cruised around. It was a perfect day.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

My wife has gotten pretty good at taking the panels off and putting them back on. She did it today when she went to her friend's house. I'm actually surprised by how often she takes the panels off. She loves it.

She has no interest in taking the rest of the top off though, she said it seems like too much of a pain, even after watching me take the top off my truck in under 5 minutes. I really enjoy driving with the roof all the way off.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:13 pm My wife has gotten pretty good at taking the panels off and putting them back on. She did it today when she went to her friend's house. I'm actually surprised by how often she takes the panels off. She loves it.

She has no interest in taking the rest of the top off though, she said it seems like too much of a pain, even after watching me take the top off my truck in under 5 minutes. I really enjoy driving with the roof all the way off.
I’d love to take the whole roof off, but we want to keep the back on so the kiddo has some protection.

It’s crazy easy to take the panels on and off. And they don’t leak!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:13 pm My wife has gotten pretty good at taking the panels off and putting them back on. She did it today when she went to her friend's house. I'm actually surprised by how often she takes the panels off. She loves it.

I’d love to take the whole roof off, but we want to keep the back on so the kiddo has some protection.

Honestly, you get 90% of the top off experience with just the panels when you're in the front. It really would be a PITA to get the roof off a 4-door, you'd do it one time, enjoy it, but never do it again. And it's probably best to keep protection over the kiddo until she's a bit older anyway.

I can't count how many times we've had the panels off both our JL and JT, and we've gotten ZERO leaks. I was a bit worried about my truck leaking after I took the entire roof off, and it sat out in a downpour last week right after and it was bone dry inside.
ChrisoftheNorth

Biggest issue with the panels is storing them...
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:24 pm Biggest issue with the panels is storing them...
The storage bag is nice, but you can’t see shit out the back. We stuck them in the apartment on Saturday. And our spiderwebshade was delivered today. :fuckyeah:

It’s so open and airy with the front panels off.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:24 pm Biggest issue with the panels is storing them...
The storage bag is nice, but you can’t see shit out the back. We stuck them in the apartment on Saturday. And our spiderwebshade was delivered today. :fuckyeah:

We leave ours in the garage, but that's resulted in some wet drives home...including one in the snow. :lolol:

The bag is a PITA to deal with, wife won't even bother with it.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:34 pm

We leave ours in the garage, but that's resulted in some wet drives home...including one in the snow. :lolol:

The bag is a PITA to deal with, wife won't even bother with it.
:lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:24 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Honestly, you get 90% of the top off experience with just the panels when you're in the front. It really would be a PITA to get the roof off a 4-door, you'd do it one time, enjoy it, but never do it again. And it's probably best to keep protection over the kiddo until she's a bit older anyway.

I can't count how many times we've had the panels off both our JL and JT, and we've gotten ZERO leaks. I was a bit worried about my truck leaking after I took the entire roof off, and it sat out in a downpour last week right after and it was bone dry inside.
:dat: is why I fought for the soft top and ultimately :tits: agreed. It really just makes it more of an actual convertibleand not just a novelty thing you may do once a year on a beach trip or something. If you do the whole top down with removing the side/rear window it is probably about three minutes to remove the top or put it back on. The flip back option is great as it removes the roof over both front and rear seats and is basically the effort of dropping the top in a Miata, especially with the running boards on our :hibachi: Edition :jeep:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Anyone ever had a soft top before? I'm wondering how cautious to be with the plastic window pieces... like will they get scratched up if we just throw them in the back? I think preferred method is leaving them inside... at least the top could still go up in a pinch, only the hatch would get soaked.