Erdogan Pet's Car Reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I just decided to say fuck it and make one :whatever:

As some of you know, I've had quite the history of rentals and driven a few overseas that we don't have. I can definitely retain some in my memory that may be enough.

As I explained in OT, I booked a short term rental of some glorified dinky european rental and perhaps a bentley version of chevy spark (read Corsa). Im overall more happy that I atleast get to drive for the time being, aka my kind of freedom. It has been concluded as much as a city boy I originially was, I. Just. Can't. Live. Without. A. Car., which means of course I have to deal with various consequences in addition to that "luxury". Enough rambling, I'll start by doing my upcoming juan, then down the road some past cars i've driven a fair amount, not by means very exciting and :plaid: but we love slow shitboxes and NFG appliances in DFD so :aintcare:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

:like:

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:waiting:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:gonbgud:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:popcorn:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

No pics yet, those who follow me on insta and sent on dfd snap knows whats up.

The rental was indeed polo as promised. But little I didn't know, it was a previous gen Polo.

It's a 2016 VW Polo 1.4 diesel with 7 speed DSG.
As expected:
Poverty model
No cruise control :hue:
Has one of those oem headunits where the buttons are more like my mk7, but rest of the design and graphics were just like in my mk6.
Bluetooth :fuckyeah:
MFD the screen in the middle is just like in my mk7 (unlike the previous jettas), but just black and white.

:whocares: about the features:

Driving: Think of it like driving a mk6 gti on tiguan suspension :plac: riding on 16's, about 40 percent less power, that's exactly how it drives.

Engine
- The 1.4 turbo diesel earth destroyer is exactly the same horsepower as my mitsu mirage rental was. But has 143 torque. Felt just as quick as the 1.8t jetta loaner I had (quicker than the 1.4t gas engine tiguan too), not once feels gutless at all.
- It's pretty quiet, but when you're driving on narrow streets walls of parallel parked cars, you can definitely hear the distinctive diesel sound, which is :jizz:
- Torque pulls pretty well, from my observations so far, pulls around 1,500 to 3,200 and dies after that, granted I haven't yet went past 4k.

Trans
- our lord and savior, the ultimate DSG.
- The dsg is smooth, unlike my mk7's stock tcu.
- Behaves more like mk6 GTI's DSG, downshifts with a blink of an eye when applying more throttle, hits 7th gear when I hit 70-75 kms, so roughly 45 mph.
- it rushes to 2nd at 10 km's when creeping forward in traffic
- overall pretty good but slightly rougher than my GTI's DSG, car has 86k km's = 53k miles. :notsure: if it did have dsg service.

Brakes - simply put, how you'd expected to be for a supermini VW's, still have confident in them, felt slightly better than my mk6 gti :hue:

steering
- rack is amazingly quick, just one full lock, which is vital for narrow streets of istanbul, italy, spain, and so on. I made some pretty tight 3 point turns that felt like I was doing turns in a DC alley with my GTI.
- it felt better than both of my gti's and felt more hydraulic than electric. I felt more pressure as I was nearing to make a full lock in steering when I was parallel parking the car.
- it weights just right for a comfortable daily that makes it acceptable to enthusiast standards

Handling
- first words appear in my head when I took a first corner like :stig:, :turboyaris: with stock suspension. This thing body rolls JUST like it
- very tossible, but can't move left and right in lanes because narrow lanes.
- handles pretty well in it's own right, once went at this fairly tight ramp around probably around 60 kilometers, I did manage to squel tires and had a hint of understeer thats still manageable once I lay off the throttle. I wouldn't go any further :doe:
- has 185's (I think) haven't checked

Interior
- Dash is more like a miniatured mk6 design wise.
- not hard plastic dash but teeny padding in the superior interior
- I'm spoiled by the Golf's cupholder design where it's behind the transmission and super easy to reach, but this one is further forward in front of it, which makes it harder to reach. But I can't find large big gulps anyway :ohwell:
- seats are cloth, duh. But they're not as comfortable as both of my GTI seats. No bolsters of course and less padding in comparison. I'd probably hate these seats in my DC commute.
- The lowest height setting on seats is still pretty damn high
- Just like the ford fiesta and the like, the seating position and proportions seems more minivanny.

Will provide pics sooner than later.

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:stig:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 pm:stig:
:dat:

In4pics.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:52 pm No pics yet, those who follow me on insta and sent on dfd snap knows whats up.

The rental was indeed polo as promised. But little I didn't know, it was a previous gen Polo.

As expected:
Poverty model
Has one of those oem headunits where the buttons are more like my mk7, but rest of the design and graphics were just like in my mk6.
MFD the screen in the middle is just like in my mk7 (unlike the previous jettas), but just black and white.

Driving: Think of it like driving a mk6 gti on tiguan suspension :plac: riding on 16's, about 40 percent less power, that's exactly how it drives.

Engine
- The 1.4 turbo diesel earth destroyer is exactly the same horsepower as my mitsu mirage rental was. But has 143 torque. Felt just as quick as the 1.8t jetta loaner I had (quicker than the 1.4t gas engine tiguan too), not once feels gutless at all.
- It's pretty quiet, but when you're driving on narrow streets walls of parallel parked cars, you can definitely hear the distinctive diesel sound, which is :jizz:
- Torque pulls pretty well, from my observations so far, pulls around 1,500 to 3,200 and dies after that, granted I haven't yet went past 4k.

Trans
- Behaves more like mk6 GTI's DSG, downshifts with a blink of an eye when applying more throttle, hits 7th gear when I hit 70-75 kms, so roughly 45 mph.
- overall pretty good but slightly rougher than my GTI's DSG, car has 86k km's = 53k miles. :notsure: if it did have dsg service.

Brakes - simply put, how you'd expected to be for a supermini VW's, still have confident in them, felt slightly better than my mk6 gti :hue:

steering
- rack is amazingly quick, just one full lock, which is vital for narrow streets of istanbul, italy, spain, and so on. I made some pretty tight 3 point turns that felt like I was doing turns in a DC alley with my GTI.
- it felt better than both of my gti's and felt more hydraulic than electric. I felt more pressure as I was nearing to make a full lock in steering when I was parallel parking the car.
- it weights just right for a comfortable daily that makes it acceptable to enthusiast standards

Handling
- first words appear in my head when I took a first corner like :stig:, :turboyaris: with stock suspension. This thing body rolls JUST like it
- handles pretty well in it's own right, once went at this fairly tight ramp around probably around 60 kilometers, I did manage to squel tires and had a hint of understeer thats still manageable once I lay off the throttle. I wouldn't go any further :doe:

Interior
- I'm spoiled by the Golf's cupholder design where it's behind the transmission and super easy to reach, but this one is further forward in front of it, which makes it harder to reach. But I can't find large big gulps anyway :ohwell:
- seats are cloth, duh. But they're not as comfortable as both of my GTI seats. No bolsters of course and less padding in comparison. I'd probably hate these seats in my DC commute.
- Just like the ford fiesta and the like, the seating position and proportions seems more minivanny.

Have you driven a pooper S if so how does this compare... I find a GOLF to be quite porky/big/noodely when driving the mini back to back.

Also any obvious cost cutting from the golf that make this a "polo" like lack of keyless, shit lights or whatever.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:52 pm No pics yet, those who follow me on insta and sent on dfd snap knows whats up.

As expected:
Poverty model

Engine

Trans

steering

Handling

Interior

Have you driven a pooper S if so how does this compare... I find a GOLF to be quite porky/big/noodely when driving the mini back to back.

Also any obvious cost cutting from the golf that make this a "polo" like lack of keyless, shit lights or whatever.
I have ridden in my buddys r56 a couple of times. Im sure the mini drives a lot better, no doubt in that. And yes there are a few areas, like the head unit, no cruise control (which is unusual for US spec cars), interior quality feels more like the Jetta territory. MFD screen is a mix of my mk7's (volume and mpg/the like display) and the mk6's would be the bottom portion like temp and miles. Im my mk7 when you change volumes, you see the red bar on top with red, but with the polo, is like one bar thats only black and white and see the gap moving left and right.
Another area i forgot to mention, is the head unit feels slower than my :turboyaris: was, especially skipping music via bluetooth.
Needless to say, doesn't live up to the superior interior like the golf does.
Johnny_P

As expected:
Poverty model

Engine

Trans

steering

Handling

Interior

A Pooper S is quite a bit more fun to drive and handles better with a far more interesting interior.

This is more comfortable on a long haul with real back seat space, real hatch space. Still decent on a back road, good turn in, no steering feel, sometimes skips around on the back axle, overall a nice car but not innately sporty. As a DD it's probably the better pick if fun isn't a priority because the ride/handling tradeoff is a little more tolerable. Size is a lot better IMO than the Golf which feels biggish now.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:37 am

A Pooper S is quite a bit more fun to drive and handles better with a far more interesting interior.

This is more comfortable on a long haul with real back seat space, real hatch space. Still decent on a back road, good turn in, no steering feel, sometimes skips around on the back axle, overall a nice car but not innately sporty. As a DD it's probably the better pick if fun isn't a priority because the ride/handling tradeoff is a little more tolerable. Size is a lot better IMO than the Golf which feels biggish now.
I ended up getting the previous gen and it's a decent daily, light steering but not feather light, wouldn't call communicative, has a little more weight than my gti. Trunk is surprisingly good. It's fun in a sense of driving like a normal person and if you live in an area with narrow roads, hills, etc, doing hill climbs and torque at lower speeds is addicting, but pretty much has no balls on the highway after 70 mph. A light supermini that's tossable with insane gas mileage.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:03 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:37 am

I ended up getting the previous gen and it's a decent daily, light steering but not feather light, wouldn't call communicative, has a little more weight than my gti. Trunk is surprisingly good. It's fun in a sense of driving like a normal person and if you live in an area with narrow roads, hills, etc, doing hill climbs and torque at lower speeds is addicting, but pretty much has no balls on the highway after 70 mph. A light supermini that's tossable with insane gas mileage.
Yeah the gas mileage on the one I had was also very good.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:26 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Yeah the gas mileage on the one I had was also very good.
topped out at 60 mpg for me!! 40 mpg for fluctuating 150-160 kilometers for around 10 miles on semi truck highway. She's pretty stable.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

:impressive:
max225

I never received those types of mpgs.
I averaged 35.5 in my tdi
I got 38 in the Kia in Ireland
And 36 in the Peugeot

Sometimes I wonder if people quote the special UK gallons that are 20% bigger. They really threw me off watching top gear
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:19 pm I never received those types of mpgs.
And 36 in the Peugeot

Sometimes I wonder if people quote the special UK gallons that are 20% bigger. They really threw me off watching top gear
Yes they do use imperial gallons. I don’t know what the Polo 1.0TSI got bit we drove it all over and only filled the tank once in that 10 day stretch.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

And 36 in the Peugeot

:dat: according to my calculations, I really did hit 60 at one point, most of the time for today it fluctuated around upper 4.0's, so 51-58 Murican mpg's. Basically the smaller l/100km's = more mpg's. That one time when I did get 60, was I was driving continuously on one of the main roads at 45 mph around 15 miles. Highways are a whole another story.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:32 am
And 36 in the Peugeot

Yes they do use imperial gallons. I don’t know what the Polo 1.0TSI got bit we drove it all over and only filled the tank once in that 10 day stretch.
Do you remember how many miles you drove :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So today, I drove nearly 200 miles somewhere outside of Istanbul then stopped by some part in the city, etc.

Weird thing happened, the gas needle did not move since I got the car. End up filling it up shortly after I started my day for only 2 bucks. Then the needle finally moved, after 200 miles, it now sits a little past 1/8th of a tank. According to computer I averaged roughly 48 mpg. The north, more rural parts of the city has autobahn esque highways. :notsure: so I topped out around 175 ish kilometers going slightly downhill, roughly 110 mph and seriously I got passed by Renaults, Fiats and slow ass BMW's when I was going probably 90 mph. Basically there is a "speed limit zone" on what the sign says for like half a mile, then speed as you go.

I gotta say, this Polo makes a mirage feels like a Bentley, even if the interior is no match for superior interior golf's. I actually kind of love this thing :yikes:
I'm returning it tomorrow afternoon and won't be getting another rental for atleast a week and a half, since malls may rumored to be open for retail only by then. So gonna see grandparents and uncle/aunt with the crotchfruit. Early bird gets the wormm
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:32 am

Do you remember how many miles you drove :doe:
Nope. Don’t care either.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:21 pm
And 36 in the Peugeot

:dat: according to my calculations, I really did hit 60 at one point, most of the time for today it fluctuated around upper 4.0's, so 51-58 Murican mpg's. Basically the smaller l/100km's = more mpg's. That one time when I did get 60, was I was driving continuously on one of the main roads at 45 mph around 15 miles. Highways are a whole another story.
My TDI at under 60 and steady would be like 5-6l/100km. What is more impressive is the Acura TL that could squeak out 6l/100km as well doing under 60mph. That car was pretty solid.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:21 pm

My TDI at under 60 and steady would be like 5-6l/100km. What is more impressive is the Acura TL that could squeak out 6l/100km as well doing under 60mph. That car was pretty solid.
:dat: you need to go slow to really sip the fuel. My Beemah can get 38 mpg, I actually achieved that on a trip from Charleston home, but you need to cruise sub 65. At 80 it’s more like high 20s. Many cars like the BMW are also geared stupidly. 1-4 should all be shorter and 6 taller.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:22 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 pm

:dat: you need to go slow to really sip the fuel. My Beemah can get 38 mpg, I actually achieved that on a trip from Charleston home, but you need to cruise sub 65. At 80 it’s more like high 20s. Many cars like the BMW are also geared stupidly. 1-4 should all be shorter and 6 taller.
That's where at that point I gotten 60 mpg, cause I had to continuously drive around 45-50 mph for around 20 miles.

With my GTI, whenever I drive to DC at times I tend to drive 55 because of the slow drivers and still end up getting 40 mpg
max225

55mph is not a “freeway” mpg