Erdogan Pet's Car Reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:39 am 55mph is not a “freeway” mpg
:dat: even without traffic, I end up doing 55 often on the local 2 lane highways because we have so many slow drivers here, almost reminds me like driving in country roads passing slow drivers.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

One thing I love about driving in Turkey so far, I haven't yet had a moving roadblock. So many people change lanes often here and if they come close to a slower car, they will pass in an instant. If I keep my foot in the throttle on the left lane, they'll almost pull out but pull in when they notice me accelerating, unlike in the DC metro. Never once had to slam on the brakes on the highway.

Basically driving in Istanbul is just like DC, with the exception that you have to drive more assertive and sometimes can be a battle of bottlenecking when it comes to merging. Drivers here who are waiting to enter a road off a street, they observe the driving style so they can pull out in front, unless you drive a more expensive car/expensive suv. Some people here are too scared to fuck with BMW/audi drivers here, even large SUV drivers, even a 20 year old grand cherokee can park on the sidewalk and cops wouldn't even bother them
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Are you stuck in turkey or did you move ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:43 pm Are you stuck in turkey or did you move ?
Nah stuck and kind of my decision to be here. I'll be back
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I finally got around with pics as promised, I just opened a postimage account and I maxed out on free tapatalk pics unless I join VIP where I may :troywax: on a monthly basis :nope:

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I like that gen Polo. :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 pm I finally got around with pics as promised, I just opened a postimage account and I maxed out on free tapatalk pics unless I join VIP where I may :troywax: on a monthly basis :nope:

Tapatalk Premium lifetime is only $29. I'd just :troywax: that and call it a day if I was going to premium.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:12 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 pm I finally got around with pics as promised, I just opened a postimage account and I maxed out on free tapatalk pics unless I join VIP where I may :troywax: on a monthly basis :nope:

Tapatalk Premium lifetime is only $29. I'd just :troywax: that and call it a day if I was going to premium.
Im too :scrooge: for that :lol:
max225

That polo wheel is shiny AF and looks like the car has at least 100k KM n it...

I dig the polo as it could be closer to a mk4, now that the mk 7.5 is a VAN :laugh: but yea.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:04 pm That polo wheel is shiny AF and looks like the car has at least 100k KM n it...

I dig the polo as it could be closer to a mk4, now that the mk 7.5 is a VAN :laugh: but yea.
Close enough, 53k miles so 9k miles away. Gotta love rental companies applying cheap ass cleaning materials to clean the interior. They did disinfect the interior right before it got handed to me. But came prepared
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I love the Polos. It's probably a product of not actually being able to get one here :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:19 pm I love the Polos. It's probably a product of not actually being able to get one here :doe:
Definitely won't be able to get them in the US, even it is available in NA, they won't sell well, like the Fiesta.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:21 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:19 pm I love the Polos. It's probably a product of not actually being able to get one here :doe:
Definitely won't be able to get them in the US, even it is available in NA, they won't sell well, like the Fiesta.
Yeah. For sure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Time for a Toyota review, Whoopiee!

It is a Corolla with a 1.8 Hybrid, with the CVT, just like the one here in the US. (I mentioned on snap that it is bigger than the corolla in the US from my experience, with the previous gen, but I may be :wrong: )

I'll just list the pros and the cons, but first and foremost, I have never driven a hybrid in my life, not even once.

The Good:
- The interior is more spacious than I was expecting, hell has more room than my GTI
- Spacious trunk, despite the sedan "im"practicality, I managed to fit my old desk, which fits like a glove.
- It has a charging pad which was :neat: and very useful
- When putting it in/out park, the car automatically engages and disengages the electronic parking brake.
- has a spacious backseat, unlike my friends previous gen corolla, barely any transmission tunnel too, like in the 8th and 9th gen civics.
- This thing scoots from a dig (as expected), switched to sport mode, instantly tightened the steering and throttle response is way sharper, perfect for blocking bottleneck mergers which is very common in Istanbul. It low-key felt like a Tesla and I felt like a NY cabby driving in main roads when I go :stig: after being stuck behind slowpokes driving like 10 mph.
- Good stereo, but very bassy which is good when you're an insecure teenager :iono: I couldn't even find the Bass/treble, etc. which was weird.
- Brake engagement spot is just like typical VW, which was unexpected, quite confidence inspiring.
- Basically it's not gutless, but I like the diesel better.

The Bad:
- It is a boat
- When I brake the front dives (polo has never done this), especially when I have family in the car and drivers here will cut you off left and right for keeping even a half a car space.
- The car slides like a manual, for instance, when you're facing uphill at an incline on D, and you let go off the brake the car starts rolling backwards, probably a CVT thing?
- It's very sketchy on ramps (205 tires) where I took the polo atleast 25 kms more and carved without a problem. (probably eco tires)
- Speaking of eco tires, when I gun around 70% of the throttle from a dig, I saw the traction control light flashing but felt like it gripped.
- the front collision system is weird, it only happens when someone appears to brake check me, even applied the brakes before I even step on it.
- It feels like driving a Camry in Turkey, I had to do a 7 point turn just to get out of a parking lot multiple times. The polo is a fucking breeze in comparison.
- Turning circle is typical Japanese
- It's less economical than the Polo (expected)

Misc.
- The engine starts when the car spends time in standstill traffic while sitting in traffic, then back to electric and repeat.
- Would I get this car? 1) as a daily and if I have a fun car in a stable and can drive solo on HOV, yes. It is a great NFG car and I do kind of miss it. Hybrids are great for city traffic and HOV advantage where it cuts down your commute times. Lot of hybrid drivers in the DC metro buy hybrids solely for that purpose.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Sat May 16, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

How the fk does it roll on 205s Stock ?! :triggered:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:20 pm How the fk does it roll on 205s Stock ?! :triggered:
no idea :iono: it just does and I felt the tires seem to be eager to lose grip when I try to bring more G force on ramps.
wap

It's LESS economical than a Polo, even though it's a hybrid?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:35 pm It's LESS economical than a Polo, even though it's a hybrid?
Yes. Also 1.4 diesel versus 1.8 gas on higher speeds.
When I was about to return the Polo, the gas gauge was about 1/3 before going half tank, corolla went a little over a half tank. You really have to baby it to keep it full electric in traffic.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:46 am
wap wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:35 pm It's LESS economical than a Polo, even though it's a hybrid?
Yes. Also 1.4 diesel versus 1.8 gas on higher speeds.
When I was about to return the Polo, the gas gauge was about 1/3 before going half tank, corolla went a little over a half tank. You really have to baby it to keep it full electric in traffic.
:dat: explains it. Interesting.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Some overdue's

---
Next up it's my friends Tiguan

Eurospec, no allspace, fwd, 1.4t and 7 speed DSG, no moonroof :sad: .

Taken in summer 2019 btw

First things first, I have gotten a previous gen as a loaner, so there are some comparisons
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=390&hilit=loaner+tiguan

Just like the typical pq35 to mqb platform transition, there is no need to say the new one is miles better. That being said, I have not driven the US spec second gen, lucky me right? :lol:

Features:
- It is a base model
- Has auto AC
- Hill control
- FWD
- Premium Head Unit (the one without the carplay)

The good:
- For a base model it's :notbad: materials feel better than the loaner jetta's I've had, on par with my mk7 I would say.
- Seats are comfortable
- Stereo is good, nothing fancy
- DSG is smooth (unlike the 1st gen Tiguan loaner), also smoother than my mk7 GTI's stock DSG TCU, very similar to my uni tcu stg 1.
- I basically felt at home with my mk7, of course being more softer, pretty much has same characteristics as long as I won't go 100% :stig: quite tossable
- Very spacious for a compact-ish CUV
- Quiet for cruising
- Quite economical, which of course you sacrifice passing power, luckily it isn't much of an issue here in Turkey

The bad:
- It has some eco tires as OEM, these things spin so easily when at half a throttle. I presume since it is the 1.4t that's used in the Jetta's in the US it is not as heavy.
- Despite the touch screen HU, it does not have carplay :disappoint:
- Typical VW halogens
- No heated seats
- That's all of my complaints tbh.

This gets a pass for me as a DD, I wish we at least have the DSGay in our US line-up.

---
3rd Turkish rental
Fiat Aegea (Fiat Tipo in Europe & for some reason Dodge Neon in Mexico), also only :manuel: rental

The Good:
- The throttle is super sensitive, :notsure: if it's the engine itself (upon research, has the same 1.4 engine as the Jeep Renegade)
- Steering feel is on the heavier side
- Good brakes
- :manuel: is ok-good for an appliance, light clutch but easy to get a good feel on engagement point, shifter is kinda wobby in gear but easy to change (car only had 300 miles)
- Ride is kind of in between floaty vs. :turboyaris:
- Super cold AC
- Near dash strokable friendly, not bad for an FCA car
- Quiet to cruise

The Bad:
- Rearview mirror is ridiculously small and narrower than it should (think of a mk7 RM that cut of 1.5 inches on each side), almost seems like I'm driving a camaro backing up
- Terrible blindspots
- It feels and it is a typical Chrysler product (headunit reminds me of the u-connect, basically iPad vs iPad mini, has carplay so no complaints)
- The HU is weird, Bluetooth doesn't connect at all, but car play and USB does. Volume adjustment is weird too :iono:
- Seats are kinda difficult to adjust and my back basically ached after 2+ hours in the car (Istanbul traffic and day trip), I found myself fiddling with it every 20-30 mins and it is irritating af. These cars are popular with the cab drivers here, I couldn't see how they would get comfortable with this car.
- Steering wonders after 140 km/h, becomes looser when doing 100 or more. Kind of reminds me of my JKU rental except happens in pretty much slower also.

Probably a good uber candidate to my liking but that's about it.

---
Renault Clio 4th gen
1.5 turbro diesel with their DSGay called EDC.

The Good:
- Felt more fun and more go-karty (better turn in) than the Polo I rented earlier this year.
- Does not lean much nor have body roll.
- Weighted steering but vague-ish feel
- Diesel is torquey at low speeds, but not quick to 100 kmh.
- Pretty spacious for a small car, no minivan like proportions either, you can sit pretty low.
- Cushy seats with loads of headroom
- Their equivalent of DSGay shifts quick but somehow softer than VW dsgay, but finds the right gear quick
- Some functionalities are in quirky spots (as pictured), feels very driver focused, reminds me of one time sitting in a gt4 where there's a stalk solely for cruise and another one for volume that you don't have to move your hand off the wheel. There's like a little wheel in the back to skip the songs on that very stalk.

The Bad:
- While the interior may look nice, there are some parts that seem flimsy, the piano black dash feels like easy detachable and breakable (I can slightly push it with my knee as I'm driving), along with the overhead speedometer trim, you can move that piece for almost an inch.
- This is the first car where I somehow struggled to parallel park. That's because of the way the car was designed as the rear fenders are pushed out, plus narrower rear windows. Ive gotten used to it on the day I returned the car :hue:
- Brakes are super sensitive (which is good and bad), I put this on bad cause the first when I applied the brakes for a red light, I almost hit my head on the steering wheel (yes I was wearing a seatbelt too), a quarter inch and full bite. I had family in the car when this happened.
- Auto start stop was super hard to find (first thing I turn off everytime I start the car), I had to look up on youtube, but the icon does not even look as relevant to it's purpose, :ohwell:
- Back seat sucks for DFD height unless the person sits in front of you is no taller than 5'5.
- Speaking of backseats, no arm rest nor cupholders.
- Front cup holders are small (as pictured)

It's :notbad: tbh, definitely liked it better than the Polo.

---
Now for the American SUV's (both not pictured cause :aintcare: you'll get to see them everyday anyhow)

2020 Toyota rav4 XLE
+ Love the nardo grey
+ The interior is quite superior, kind of a sucker for their rubarized climate knob
+ Has a non-cvt trans and it's actually pretty good for a slushbox, never once hated it.
+ Steering feel is good too, found it somewhat better than my GTI :sad:
+ Acceleration is about how you expect a CUV would be, not snailly slow nor quick.
+ I couldn't find much to hate about this one, as I only had it for a few days, 5/7 would rent again.

Nissan Rogue Sport
- what is even sporty about it?
- pure powerty spec
- CVT on this feels weird, whenever I accelerate hard I feel like there is a rubberband that's about to pop off ( I know CVT uses some sort of belt as the ratios change)
- No height adjustment on seats :wtf:
- Cargo space is a joke
- Just a pile, the CUV version of the Mitsu mirage except it handles, rides better and quicker.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Now that I'm back in the US, I booked a monthly rental. I first got an "upgraded" Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, it was such a POS that I actually called budget to ask for a replacement. Which is a Kia Forte, much better car in every way.

Lets start with the Shit-lander Sah-port. I believe it was 2019.

Some of you know, I had a mitsubishi mirage rental for a span of 2 weeks in the past, it. was. bad. Outlander sport is basically an older brother of it.
Lets start with the luxurious features that the base mirage wish it has
- The state of the art automatic power folding mirrors upon locking the door.
- Heated butt warmers (okay... that's :notbad: )
- Driver aid contraptions that can be turned off, so a Karen can be alerted when she changes lanes while writing an essay on yelp followed by a 1 star rating because they told her to put her mask on.
- Apple Car Play feature.
- Natural sounding speakers where you can hear the way it works, it may not be friendly for anyones ear, but squeaky sounds mean it's a working speaker :wink:
- Outstandingly awful gas mileage, 25 mpg highway anyone?
- It likes to pick up the pace in a slow sweet time, how soothing. Maybe not so much for the people behind me.
- Speaking of acceleration, the engine seems to have no sound deadening, so mitsubishi wants you to ensure to really hear the NA 2.0 engine screaming on top of it's lungs while a :manuel: in a clapped out 98 Corolla blows you off the lights.
- It's about just as comfortable as horse carriages, ok, mitsubishi wants its customers to feel nostalgic from a century ago.
- Mitsubishi cares about their customers safety, it is clear, based on the fact that you have to confirm to play music everytime you start your car so you won't be disturbed. On top of that pressing always enable to apple car play as well. To put a cherry on top of the cake, since Mitsubishi is very thoughtful and caring, they want you to make sure to always enable on car play on a complete stop. Why get irritated when a car company truly cares about it's consumers?
- Mitsubishi also focuses on minimalism, from it's rubber band feeling transmission where it changes pulleys as you accelerate and apply throttle input along with the collaboration with fisher price to build it's interior, I must say, it is :impressive: why can't most car companies do this?

Now time to truly give some credit
- She has no problem handling on ramps, seems quite balanced. Brakes are ok, doesn't body roll, but the steering input/feel is terrible, you can easily drift lanes.
- The fact that it actually has 4wd, which is pretty good compared to some other competitors with their base model only being fwd. There's 3 modes, fwd, auto awd, 4wd lock.

Will add pics (only a couple lol) and the forte review tomorrow, because I am passing out as im writing this #jetlag.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:17 pm Now that I'm back in the US, I booked a monthly rental. I first got an "upgraded" Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, it was such a POS that I actually called budget to ask for a replacement. Which is a Kia Forte, much better car in every way.

Lets start with the Shit-lander Sah-port. I believe it was 2019.

Some of you know, I had a mitsubishi mirage rental for a span of 2 weeks in the past, it. was. bad. Outlander sport is basically an older brother of it.
Lets start with the luxurious features that the base mirage wish it has
- The state of the art automatic power folding mirrors upon locking the door.
- Heated butt warmers (okay... that's :notbad: )
- Driver aid contraptions that can be turned off, so a Karen can be alerted when she changes lanes while writing an essay on yelp followed by a 1 star rating because they told her to put her mask on.
- Apple Car Play feature.
- Natural sounding speakers where you can hear the way it works, it may not be friendly for anyones ear, but squeaky sounds mean it's a working speaker :wink:
- Outstandingly awful gas mileage, 25 mpg highway anyone?
- It likes to pick up the pace in a slow sweet time, how soothing. Maybe not so much for the people behind me.
- Speaking of acceleration, the engine seems to have no sound deadening, so mitsubishi wants you to ensure to really hear the NA 2.0 engine screaming on top of it's lungs while a :manuel: in a clapped out 98 Corolla blows you off the lights.
- It's about just as comfortable as horse carriages, ok, mitsubishi wants its customers to feel nostalgic from a century ago.
- Mitsubishi cares about their customers safety, it is clear, based on the fact that you have to confirm to play music everytime you start your car so you won't be disturbed. On top of that pressing always enable to apple car play as well. To put a cherry on top of the cake, since Mitsubishi is very thoughtful and caring, they want you to make sure to always enable on car play on a complete stop. Why get irritated when a car company truly cares about it's consumers?
- Mitsubishi also focuses on minimalism, from it's rubber band feeling transmission where it changes pulleys as you accelerate and apply throttle input along with the collaboration with fisher price to build it's interior, I must say, it is :impressive: why can't most car companies do this?

Now time to truly give some credit
- She has no problem handling on ramps, seems quite balanced. Brakes are ok, doesn't body roll, but the steering input/feel is terrible, you can easily drift lanes.
- The fact that it actually has 4wd, which is pretty good compared to some other competitors with their base model only being fwd. There's 3 modes, fwd, auto awd, 4wd lock.

Will add pics (only a couple lol) and the forte review tomorrow, because I am passing out as im writing this #jetlag.
:impressive: :lol:
Nice review of a piece of :poop:
Looking forward to your Forte review tomorrow. :like:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Its now time for the forte! without further ado, heres a few pics of the mitsushitzy (only took a pic for you guys, such waste of gigs) and the kia.

It is 2019, 1.6 turbro with the cvt and the first cvt that did I actually did not dislike. I only experienced Mitsubishi, Nissan and Toyota (that was :notbad: ).

Exterior
- Looks very handsome
- Nothing that really sticks out
- One little imperfection, a slight quality issue is that the driver side rear handle has a small back plate (best I can describe it is like a guitar pick) and moved a little bit.

Interior
- First thing first, dash is not strokeable
- Built quality is great, with fit and finish
- No soft touch materials, but not too hard or brittle either
- No creaks whatsoever
- Design on the dash looks quite identical to audi's, with the AC vents and round vents. The screen placement as head unit and so on.
- Shifter feels identical to most modern audis too (then again former audi designer, go figure).
- Lot of room in the back considering being a compact car.
- Tech is great, HU is super responsive, no lag whatsoever. The display of the HU kinda reminds of the same material they use on kindle fire. Almost looks like a seamless sticker is attached to it.
- Stereo is pretty good
- Very quiet
- Big trunk
- Overall perfect proportions.
- No auto windows whatsoever.
- Except seats are a bit on the firmer side, not an issue for me now after I've gotten used to it. I am DFD sized and I don't always sit straight when driving, usually my most comfortable driving position is in an 11 o'clock position if viewed from passenger side. At first I thought the seat had lumbar on my lower back. But nope, that's how its actually designed.

Drivability
- Unlike my Clio, has 4 disc brakes.
- Stopping power is pretty good for it's own right, the only time I'll lose confidence on brakes is to drive like a bat outta hell, which I don't even to that anymore.
- There is a little bit of body roll, especially on ramps but not much. Seats has no bolsters obviously so the G forces pushes my torso out of the seat.
- Steering is quite on the heavier side in terms of feel, but you can tell it has electric steering, but about just as close as hydraulics would. Lightens in slower speeds, but not feather light. Feels a bit on the plushier side.
- Averages around 34-37 mpg, which is :notbad: I never once floored, maybe shot it up about 5k RPM a few times when I truly needed it.
- Has no problem merging on the highway and to keep up with traffic.
- The CVT is tuned in a way where I first thought it was a slushbox, cause it kind of behave likes it (without the clunks), after I gave a moderate throttle input, I noticed it right away.
- Has sport mode, tuned just perfect imo.

There's not much flaws about this car, and I can truly see myself driving it as a daily, probably a :manuel: 1.6t. The GT is :nice: on the other hand, but I had GTI's for almost a decade so I have to more on.

wap

Thanks for the nice write-up. Sounds like a fine car. Wish it came with a hatch.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The Forte sounds really dece! No surprise as I really liked the Elantras I rented last time I traveled for work, solid little appliances.