Gberg has a VW problem

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:02 pm Another interesting tidbit on the 2020 WRX is that you can get actual waxable brembros on them as part of the performance pack. If I remember right that performance pack was only a pad change a year or so ago.

What sucks is that the performance pack is only available on the premium trim.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
FWIW I test drove a WRX and a MK7 GTI on the same day and the WRX was leaps and bounds more fun, IMO. I've never driven an R so not sure where it falls on that spectrum. Civic Si is also more fun than a GTI. I drove all of these back to back, in order of fun for me:

WRX > FiST > Civic Si > GTI.

GTI is obviously the nicest inside though, more fuel efficient, etc.
Going to stop at the Subaru diller on my way home tomorrow night. We'll see if this one actually let's me drive one.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
D Griff wrote: FWIW I test drove a WRX and a MK7 GTI on the same day and the WRX was leaps and bounds more fun, IMO. I've never driven an R so not sure where it falls on that spectrum. Civic Si is also more fun than a GTI. I drove all of these back to back, in order of fun for me:

Stock for stock, I agree. I don't think R is that huge of a difference unless :stig: when you notice no wheelspin nor wheel hop and faster gti as factory.

Another thing about the WRX, modding it will be a pain in the ass, retune city. I have looked at some vids and I'm afraid I'll :troywax: it on more to wrx than to the GTI

This video will give me a reference on some things I mentioned about, like the tuning vs factory tuning

https://youtu.be/mYiENEjN800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Modding shouldn't be an issue as the most I'd do is a catback. I'm probably done with engine :tuna:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:31 am
D Griff wrote:
FWIW I test drove a WRX and a MK7 GTI on the same day and the WRX was leaps and bounds more fun, IMO. I've never driven an R so not sure where it falls on that spectrum. Civic Si is also more fun than a GTI. I drove all of these back to back, in order of fun for me:

Going to stop at the Subaru diller on my way home tomorrow night. We'll see if this one actually let's me drive one.

My experience with that was great, the dude was like "you seem like a perfect WRX buyer" and he just sat in silence while I hooned the fuck out of it and when we got back was like "it seems like you really enjoyed that car." 5/7.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:31 am Going to stop at the Subaru diller on my way home tomorrow night. We'll see if this one actually let's me drive one.

My experience with that was great, the dude was like "you seem like a perfect WRX buyer" and he just sat in silence while I hooned the fuck out of it and when we got back was like "it seems like you really enjoyed that car." 5/7.
#metoo
I got out of the rex and was like "hey can I try out the STI just to see if its really that different?" Dude was like sure yeah whatever, let's take it for the same drive :shock: :fuckyeah:

Gberg, this was at Glanzmann in Jenkintown. Some nice curvy roads and all to drive them over.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:41 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am

#metoo
I got out of the rex and was like "hey can I try out the STI just to see if its really that different?" Dude was like sure yeah whatever, let's take it for the same drive :shock: :fuckyeah:

Gberg, this was at Glanzmann in Jenkintown. Some nice curvy roads and all to drive them over.
wow, my subie dealers are just dicks in comparison
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am My experience with that was great, the dude was like "you seem like a perfect WRX buyer" and he just sat in silence while I hooned the fuck out of it and when we got back was like "it seems like you really enjoyed that car." 5/7.
#metoo

Did you end up trying Kennedy in Plymouth meeting?

Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:25 am
Johnny_P wrote:
#metoo

Did you end up trying Kennedy in Plymouth meeting?

Years ago. Like 2009/2010 or whatever year. They threw me the keys and said go have fun, dude didn't even ride with me. No idea if that's still their policy. You could maybe call and set up the test drive. There are some good roads out that way. They'll probably take you on Alan Wood Rd and Conshohocken Rd. See if you can take it a bit farther, maybe Manor Rd by Miquon or Rt 23 / gladwyne like Youngs Ford to Mill Creek or something. Maybe highway too, it's louder than your R at speed.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:25 am Did you end up trying Kennedy in Plymouth meeting?

Years ago. Like 2009/2010 or whatever year. They threw me the keys and said go have fun, dude didn't even ride with me. No idea if that's still their policy. You could maybe call and set up the test drive. There are some good roads out that way. They'll probably take you on Alan Wood Rd and Conshohocken Rd. See if you can take it a bit farther, maybe Manor Rd by Miquon or Rt 23 / gladwyne like Youngs Ford to Mill Creek or something. Maybe highway too, it's louder than your R at speed.
Unfortunately it looks like shit weather tomorrow so I don't know how much hooning they'll let me do but Kennedy is closest to me. They've got 5 premiums and 2 limited trims. We'll see.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Stock for stock, I agree. I don't think R is that huge of a difference unless :stig: when you notice no wheelspin nor wheel hop and faster gti as factory.

Another thing about the WRX, modding it will be a pain in the ass, retune city. I have looked at some vids and I'm afraid I'll :troywax: it on more to wrx than to the GTI

This video will give me a reference on some things I mentioned about, like the tuning vs factory tuning

https://youtu.be/mYiENEjN800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Modding shouldn't be an issue as the most I'd do is a catback. I'm probably done with engine :tuna:

Yeah I wouldn't :doit: and they're finicky with tuning, I mean look at :plac: heart break up with Bren tune and the like for 30 re-tune's. One thing that does throw me off is their stock throttle input is redawnkilous, for 70% throttle you put 100% of the power and 50% acceleration for a tiny throttle input for instances like when you picked up your parents from the airport, it's just weird at least from what I heard. But that's just me.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:55 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:02 pm Another interesting tidbit on the 2020 WRX is that you can get actual waxable brembros on them as part of the performance pack. If I remember right that performance pack was only a pad change a year or so ago.

I can accept this ranking. I haven't driven a newer WRX, but have always heard good things about them. My only exposure has been punchagoat's but I never road or drove in it.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What is the criteria? Just more fun? And only those 4 cars.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:21 pm

I can accept this ranking. I haven't driven a newer WRX, but have always heard good things about them. My only exposure has been punchagoat's but I never road or drove in it.
I was actually struggling between FiST and WRX as most fun. FiST is probably most fun if you're in a city/really tight small stuff. I think I'd choose the WRX over it on a larger track or a road like the Skyway. TOTD... toss up?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

4zilch wrote:
D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:55 pm FWIW I test drove a WRX and a MK7 GTI on the same day and the WRX was leaps and bounds more fun, IMO. I've never driven an R so not sure where it falls on that spectrum. Civic Si is also more fun than a GTI. I drove all of these back to back, in order of fun for me:

I thought someone on here had one. Didn't he :nuke: it though?

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:21 pm

I was actually struggling between FiST and WRX as most fun. FiST is probably most fun if you're in a city/really tight small stuff. I think I'd choose the WRX over it on a larger track or a road like the Skyway. TOTD... toss up?
From a handling perspective, something with a tad longer wheelbase would be more fun on the Skyway. The FiST is a bit on the nervous side in the highspeed stuff, so I suspect the WRX is more fun. On like tars, the FiST is as quick as anything on TOTD. Doesn't really understeer, rotates when changing direction, and provides good feedback to the driver. It's a car you can drive 10/10th without ever really feeling you're about to lose control.. ... assuming you don't run into brake fade...
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm
4zilch wrote:
I thought someone on here had one. Didn't he :nuke: it though?

Ja, drives a :gorf: now
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

4zilch wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm I thought someone on here had one. Didn't he :nuke: it though?

Ja, drives a :gorf: now

Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Unfortunately it looks like shit weather tomorrow so I don't know how much hooning they'll let me do but Kennedy is closest to me. They've got 5 premiums and 2 limited trims. We'll see.

What town you work in? You work in Philly or nah?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Alright, so I did the TrueCar thing and Glanzmann was the first one that came up and blasted me with offers.

Here's all the cars they sent along with prices.

STI
https://www.glanzmann.com/new/Subaru/20 ... 76e130.htm

WRX Limited for $33,506
https://www.glanzmann.com/new/Subaru/20 ... 20c214.htm

WRX Premium for $31,973
https://www.glanzmann.com/new/Subaru/20 ... f307c7.htm

WRX Premium for $31,487
https://www.glanzmann.com/new/Subaru/20 ... d5b7c2.htm
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:02 pm

I work all the way in bensalem but I'm living in conshy.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm

I work all the way in bensalem but I'm living in conshy.
Ah. Straight over the turnpike. Yeah Glanzmann would be rather out of the way then. And I think you have a better shot at Kennedy than Colonial getting a real test drive in.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:44 pm Alright, so I did the TrueCar thing and Glanzmann was the first one that came up and blasted me with offers.

STI

WRX Limited for $33,506

WRX Premium for $31,973

WRX Premium for $31,487
Just a suggestion. If you care about music at all, you want the HK audio or upgraded speakers of some sort. Or just budget some money for an aftermarket solution. Because the stock 6 speaker stereo is really pretty bad.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:00 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:44 pm Alright, so I did the TrueCar thing and Glanzmann was the first one that came up and blasted me with offers.

STI

WRX Limited for $33,506

WRX Premium for $31,973

WRX Premium for $31,487
Just a suggestion. If you care about music at all, you want the HK audio or upgraded speakers of some sort. Or just budget some money for an aftermarket solution. Because the stock 6 speaker stereo is really pretty bad.
I do. HK system was a must but it looks like you can't get it on the premium trim, only on the limited. Lame. The goal is really to not have to do anything aftermarket.

An :egg: for :egg: swap still has a lot of appeal but I'd like to drive something else.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:19 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:00 pm

I do. HK system was a must but it looks like you can't get it on the premium trim, only on the limited. Lame. The goal is really to not have to do anything aftermarket.

An :egg: for :egg: swap still has a lot of appeal but I'd like to drive something else.
Curious to hear your reviews. That STI needs more wang :doe:

What is the price they want for it?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:21 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Curious to hear your reviews. That STI needs more wang :doe:

What is the price they want for it?
Forgot to include it but they want $40,894 for that STI. And it does need more wang.
Johnny_P

I know a guy with a wang-ed STI for sale