Driveway Entry Ramps

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Buy them and report back. Then I'll know if I can houses with bad entry angles in the future.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Well... :popcorn:

If someone steals it that will suck, but on a dead end street, potential is very low. So far it seems to be a really quiet neighborhood with numero uno perpetrator being me cranking the loud :poorvette: at 6:30 AM.
I'll allow it.
A mail box which is actually needed for most households is far more likely to be stolen than some POS plastic block in the middle of the road. I have literally 0 doubt that it will remain as is. And if you live somewhere where you fear of someone stealing your mailbox you have bigger issues than driveways.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:18 pm

I'll allow it.
A mail box which is actually needed for most households is far more likely to be stolen than some POS plastic block in the middle of the road. I have literally 0 doubt that it will remain as is. And if you live somewhere where you fear of someone stealing your mailbox you have bigger issues than driveways.
You'll be buying shots at the Iron Horse if my dreaded prophecy comes to pass.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:15 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:47 pm

You'll be buying shots at the Iron Horse if my dreaded prophecy comes to pass.
Win win for me so I’m willing to take this bet :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
:triggered: :wasteful: :triggered:
:triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Scraping on anything bigger then a one degree incline! :triggered:

They look good though, barely noticeable and definitely not on anyone's radar. Blending in is a good thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:29 am Scraping on anything bigger then a one degree incline! :triggered:

They look good though, barely noticeable and definitely not on anyone's radar. Blending in is a good thing.
That is what's so annoying about the whole situation... it's a house on a flat lot with a pretty much flat street in front of it, but the huge gutter dip makes it a PITA. A damn Lyft Corolla scraped backing out... Sadly this entire area is built like this, which is likely why I am more :triggered: by the :poorvette: scrape than anyone else here ever was. I am even at 4X4 height on the C5.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:32 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:29 am Scraping on anything bigger then a one degree incline! :triggered:

That is what's so annoying about the whole situation... it's a house on a flat lot with a pretty much flat street in front of it, but the huge gutter dip makes it a PITA. A damn Lyft Corolla scraped backing out... Sadly this entire area is built like this, which is likely why I am more :triggered: by the :poorvette: scrape than anyone else here ever was. I am even at 4X4 height on the C5.
Did the ramps fit well in the gutter? Any scrappage left now?

Seeing how different cities around North America handle storm water is interesting to me, especially down south like FL. BTW, the house looks great bro.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:36 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:32 am

Seeing how different cities around North America handle storm water is interesting to me, especially down south like FL. BTW, the house looks great bro.
Thanks! Really enjoying it, actually working in my home office at the moment which is nice. It's a lot of work :doe: so far, so glad we got something "move in ready".

They did fit nicely in the gutter, while overpriced for what they are, they are very well made/designed. I don't think there was any scrape... it's cold and wet so pulling in the driveway with 200TW tars the T/C always activates and makes it a bit of a bumpy ride so it is slightly hard to tell exactly what was happening. In the BMW it felt like almost nothing which is :nice:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:41 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:36 am

Thanks! Really enjoying it, actually working in my home office at the moment which is nice. It's a lot of work :doe: so far, so glad we got something "move in ready".

They did fit nicely in the gutter, while overpriced for what they are, they are very well made/designed. I don't think there was any scrape... it's cold and wet so pulling in the driveway with 200TW tars the T/C always activates and makes it a bit of a bumpy ride so it is slightly hard to tell exactly what was happening. In the BMW it felt like almost nothing which is :nice:
We always make our place move in ready if it isn't already right off the hop. There's always more shit to do just to keep a home going anyways.

I :wub: home office work, doing the same today except that I'm lying on the couch lol
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:46 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:41 am

We always make our place move in ready if it isn't already right off the hop. There's always more shit to do just to keep a home going anyways.

I :wub: home office work, doing the same today except that I'm lying on the couch lol
Sadly my office shit requires multiple monitors, headset, etc. so couch isn't a great option. I suppose I could cast things on the TV.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

TV casting is for PH from the phone
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Ive been thinking on this topic for a while. I'll likely be doing something similar to my carport. My approach angle is fine and very flat, but there is a 1.5" transition from the driveway concrete to a "topper" slab placed in the carport/patio area.

https://curbramp.us/

Glad your ramps are working out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:29 am Ive been thinking on this topic for a while. I'll likely be doing something similar to my carport. My approach angle is fine and very flat, but there is a 1.5" transition from the driveway concrete to a "topper" slab placed in the carport/patio area.

Huh, I didn't see that option, probably would have gone that route as it's way cheaper. Oh well.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:33 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:29 am Ive been thinking on this topic for a while. I'll likely be doing something similar to my carport. My approach angle is fine and very flat, but there is a 1.5" transition from the driveway concrete to a "topper" slab placed in the carport/patio area.

Huh, I didn't see that option, probably would have gone that route as it's way cheaper. Oh well.
I know Im a month late to topic, sorry. You bought very quickly (understandably). I think about this kinda of shit a lot being its my background + car guy.

Anyway, you have a backup plan for $150 and 1 hour of work. I think this product is a dense rubberized material. I've seen similar commercial applications with great success and 10+ years of use.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:36 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:33 am

I know Im a month late to topic, sorry. You bought very quickly (understandably). I think about this kinda of shit a lot being its my background + car guy.

Anyway, you have a backup plan for $150 and 1 hour of work. I think this product is a dense rubberized material. I've seen similar commercial applications with great success and 10+ years of use.
Yeah I wanted to get away from scraping every time ASAP.