Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:43 pm JCG is a different class of vehicle but :tits: is gonna :tits: because "it looks nice and we already have a jeep and I like that" probably.
:dat: 100%
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:44 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:43 pm JCG is a different class of vehicle but :tits: is gonna :tits: because "it looks nice and we already have a jeep and I like that" probably.
Honestly :doe: the GC is pretty solid. Great size...a bit bigger than the CX-5, but not massive. They're basically Mercedes underneath, and they're old enough to have all the kinks worked out. They should be pretty cheap right now as Jeep chases market share...I just don't know what inventory looks like by you, and that's driving incentives right now.

Hit me up if the GC raises on the list and I can get you friends pricing. Mention that to the :dillerman: if it gets serious and if the :dill: works, I'll hook you up with a code. Just PM me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

It is, but it's a pretty ideal size IMO. In the same class as the Ford Edge, it's a bit wider so it feels more spacious inside and has a bit more storage space, but doesn't feel like a massive vehicle. I honestly think they're pretty ideal for a couple.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:51 pm

Honestly :doe: the GC is pretty solid. Great size...a bit bigger than the CX-5, but not massive. They're basically Mercedes underneath, and they're old enough to have all the kinks worked out. They should be pretty cheap right now as Jeep chases market share...I just don't know what inventory looks like by you, and that's driving incentives right now.

Hit me up if the GC raises on the list and I can get you friends pricing. Mention that to the :dillerman: if it gets serious and if the :dill: works, I'll hook you up with a code. Just PM me.
https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/ ... hor-trim-4

Over 10k on the hood for JGCs here.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:54 pm
It is, but it's a pretty ideal size IMO. In the same class as the Ford Edge, it's a bit wider so it feels more spacious inside and has a bit more storage space, but doesn't feel like a massive vehicle. I honestly think they're pretty ideal for a couple.
I agree, I even briefly considered one myself but I can't get past the "femme" aspect.
SAWCE

Much appreciated!! I like the JGC better than the CX-5 personally, so I’d like her to at least drive one like she had originally planned. With your pricing it shouldn’t be too far off the CX-5 anyways since now she’s looking at the Grand Touring instead of just the Touring trim.
SAWCE

Oh wow :jeep: is doing 0% apr right now too
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Much appreciated!! I like the JGC better than the CX-5 personally, so I’d like her to at least drive one like she had originally planned. With your pricing it shouldn’t be too far off the CX-5 anyways since now she’s looking at the Grand Touring instead of just the Touring trim.
Yep...mention to the :dillerman: that you can get a friends pricing code and see what happens. I'll get a code fast if you need.

It's a great sized vehicle for you.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Yep...mention to the :dillerman: that you can get a friends pricing code and see what happens. I'll get a code fast if you need.

They have a bunch of incentives right now too. This Altitude I’m looking at online from the dealer I bought mine from is $39740 MSRP marked down to $33990 net sales price after all the dills. I’m sure some of that is :fakenews: but if it’s legit and we can get it even cheaper than that with your code, that would be sick.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:58 pm

They have a bunch of incentives right now too. This Altitude I’m looking at online from the dealer I bought mine from is $39740 MSRP marked down to $33990 net sales price after all the dills. I’m sure some of that is :fakenews: but if it’s legit and we can get it even cheaper than that with your code, that would be sick.
Usually friends and family applies on top of other discounts, but it can vary from :dillerman: to :dillerman: just let me know if I can help, I'm glad to.

Altitudes are a pretty great package. I think she'd like that quite a bit BUT...

...if I've learned anything it's that it's best to let :tits: be :tits: they'll pick the dumbest shit to be critical, and she'll hold it over your head if you try to push her in one direction or another. Let her decide and if it happens to be a GC and I can help, holla.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I would rather own a JGC personally, but it seems like the CX-5 is probably the better :tits: car, it's more fuel efficient, cheaper, easier to navigate in parking lots/traffic.

It is funny how :tits: gonna :tits: , but to be fair, many of us cross shop vehicles that are not in the same category (i.e. :jeep: versus M3 versus Civic and wind up in a Mini).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Usually friends and family applies on top of other discounts, but it can vary from :dillerman: to :dillerman: just let me know if I can help, I'm glad to.

Altitudes are a pretty great package. I think she'd like that quite a bit BUT...

...if I've learned anything it's that it's best to let :tits: be :tits: they'll pick the dumbest shit to be critical, and she'll hold it over your head if you try to push her in one direction or another. Let her decide and if it happens to be a GC and I can help, holla.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

Mine only likes Jeep branded SUVs and German :fancy: ones basically. I brought up the Korean/Mazda/Toyota offerings and she :nope: out quick, yet somehow a Compass was a legit contender :wtf:

I was just glad I was able to get her to consider trying the Wrangler, once we experienced it, she loved it.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Mine only likes Jeep branded SUVs and German :fancy: ones basically. I brought up the Korean/Mazda/Toyota offerings and she :nope: out quick, yet somehow a Compass was a legit contender :wtf:

I was just glad I was able to get her to consider trying the Wrangler, once we experienced it, she loved it.
Mine is similar. She loves BMW and MB UV's for no real reason, but hates Korean and other US OEMs (she REALLY despises Chevy UVs). We drove a bunch of stuff. She liked the Renegade but it was "too small" the GC felt "way too old" but the JL "was just perfect and what she always wanted". Every time I bring up cost savings and the idea of selling her JL she picks other things to save to keep the JL. She really loves that thing oddly. Nice to know that I won't have to deal with stupid :plac: shit with her as long as we keep the JL. Fine by me.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So true.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Mine is similar. She loves BMW and MB UV's for no real reason, but hates Korean and other US OEMs (she REALLY despises Chevy UVs). We drove a bunch of stuff. She liked the Renegade but it was "too small" the GC felt "way too old" but the JL "was just perfect and what she always wanted". Every time I bring up cost savings and the idea of selling her JL she picks other things to save to keep the JL. She really loves that thing oddly. Nice to know that I won't have to deal with stupid :plac: shit with her as long as we keep the JL. Fine by me.
Mine doesn't care for vehicles period. She likes everything I end up getting, but overall has no desire to flex on anyone at the mall or the grocery store. :gay:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:25 pm
Mine doesn't care for vehicles period. She likes everything I end up getting, but overall has no desire to flex on anyone at the mall or the grocery store. :gay:
I wish mine would do this. BUT, I'm also not that mad that she's obsessed with her JL to the point where she'd give up clothes and other :bs: spending to keep it. I like the thing well enough, so it's a win/win.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:32 pm

I wish mine would do this. BUT, I'm also not that mad that she's obsessed with her JL to the point where she'd give up clothes and other :bs: spending to keep it. I like the thing well enough, so it's a win/win.
Thats nice in some ways. Mine so far enjoys her 2010 TSX and now my mini, and she has 0 desire to get rid of either. :yikes: I think the TSX may turn into a long distance commuter if our offices open up next year. I ain't putting 120 miles a day on a mini or the taco.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 pm
Thats nice in some ways. Mine so far enjoys her 2010 TSX and now my mini, and she has 0 desire to get rid of either. :yikes: I think the TSX may turn into a long distance commuter if our offices open up next year. I ain't putting 120 miles a day on a mini or the taco.
Might as well keep it around for that. It's why I'm getting the Ram...to pile miles on "just in case".
SAWCE

Yeah I’ll let her make the decision completely. I don’t want that blowback.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:rolleyes: :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:58 pm Oh wow :jeep: is doing 0% apr right now too
:wat: what are the other brands that are doing it??
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:05 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:58 pm Oh wow :jeep: is doing 0% apr right now too
:wat: what are the other brands that are doing it??
Most, probably. Fed interest rates are so low it doesn't cost a lot for an OEM to offer 0%. Usually you chose between 0% and cash off...it might be better to take the cash off right now.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Coincidently Turkey's automotive world has jumped into the bandwagon as well. Just increased their financing interval to 60 months, just yesterday. But that's also due to currency constantly losing value, so it makes people buying cars much easier.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 am Coincidently Turkey's automotive world has jumped into the bandwagon as well. Just increased their financing interval to 60 months, just yesterday. But that's also due to currency constantly losing value, so it makes people buying cars much easier.
Oh boy, constantly dropping currency is a strong motivator to lock in a new car at today's prices with a set lending rate.

Edit: What are the rates/prices of some popular products we have here?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I want an Evo 9. Or an R34 Skyline.

I’d be pretty happy with either.