Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:02 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:56 pm

You make more on your house alone than we have ever made or will ever make in our lives. $500/mo for us is more like probably $3000/mo for you, effectively, pissed away on a piece of rusting lawn art. It's a huge unnecessary expense that brings more stress than joy and has no utility whatsoever.

The original plan was to not own a car in NY. That was rational but hard to accept before 2020. Now it's the only remotely reasonable plan.
Do cars bring you joy? Don't say no because you're here wasting your time discussing them daily.
Whether you'd like to admit it or not you REALLY LIKE the 86. You went to battle for it with the SO, you found a rare edition... and now you own it. Try to look on the bright side. Fuck the money piece at the moment. $500 will not yield any sort of joyous returns for you.

I can tell you this $500 a month on R/E gets you fucking no where, but $500 for a Hakone edition sounds pretty damn fun to m e.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:55 pm

:lolol:

Weird that a :poorvette: is worth $8400 to them and the S4 $100. I guess dat German Engineering is a liability.
I doubt there's that many nice quality 01 S4's selling for good money at auction to substantiate a high offer for them. There's still a ton of really nice C5's :doe: and from the looks of things, C5's have stopped dropping entirely this year.
I bet if they saw a picture they'd offer at least $350

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:56 pm

You make more on your house alone than we have ever made or will ever make in our lives. $500/mo for us is more like probably $3000/mo for you, effectively, pissed away on a piece of rusting lawn art. It's a huge unnecessary expense that brings more stress than joy and has no utility whatsoever.

The original plan was to not own a car in NY. That was rational but hard to accept before 2020. Now it's the only remotely reasonable plan.
Do cars bring you joy? Don't say no because you're here wasting your time discussing them daily.
Whether you'd like to admit it or not you REALLY LIKE the 86. You went to battle for it with the SO, you found a rare edition... and now you own it. Try to look on the bright side. Fuck the money piece at the moment. $500 will not yield any sort of joyous returns for you.

I can tell you this $500 a month on R/E gets you fucking no where, but $500 for a Hakone edition sounds pretty damn fun to m e.
Seeing the filthy car rotting outside every day brings more sadness and guilt than the joy from driving the thing once a month.

It's a great car that doesn't deserve this treatment and I don't deserve to have it here.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Seeing the filthy car rotting outside every day brings more sadness and guilt than the joy from driving the thing once a month.

It's a great car that doesn't deserve this treatment and I don't deserve to have it here.
That's one way to look at it, OR you're saving wear and tear and mileage on a car you really like. That's how I view the JL. I'd love to sell it, but I know as soon as I did wife would get a job somewhere and I'd be forced back into the office on occasion or some shit. Then I'd be in this insane car market trying to buy something in a hurry. No thanks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm Seeing the filthy car rotting outside every day brings more sadness and guilt than the joy from driving the thing once a month.

That's one way to look at it, OR you're saving wear and tear and mileage on a car you really like. That's how I view the JL. I'd love to sell it, but I know as soon as I did wife would get a job somewhere and I'd be forced back into the office on occasion or some shit. Then I'd be in this insane car market trying to buy something in a hurry. No thanks.
I'm not saving anything but a meaningless number on the dash. The thing is already in worse shape than my RX8 was when I sold it. I didn't think it would be this bad.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:27 pm
Detroit wrote: That's one way to look at it, OR you're saving wear and tear and mileage on a car you really like. That's how I view the JL. I'd love to sell it, but I know as soon as I did wife would get a job somewhere and I'd be forced back into the office on occasion or some shit. Then I'd be in this insane car market trying to buy something in a hurry. No thanks.
I'm not saving anything but a meaningless number on the dash. The thing is already in worse shape than my RX8 was when I sold it. I didn't think it would be this bad.
So what is making it so bad ? Can you put a carport up? $100 one ?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wash it? :iono:
Taking minimal care of it may make you feel less like you're slowly destroying it. And, as has been said, take it for a joy ride every now and then. You've got nice roads up there. And it's got a heater so you can't use cold weather as an excuse, unlike biking. :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:27 pm I'm not saving anything but a meaningless number on the dash. The thing is already in worse shape than my RX8 was when I sold it. I didn't think it would be this bad.
2 things that you pay the big bucks to not experience: :salt: plus :moist:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 pm
max225 wrote:
2 things that you pay the big bucks to not experience: :salt: plus :moist:
I thought some people don’t drive nicer cars during those conditions ? Is that an option? Figured the other 9/10 months of the year it would be ok
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 pm 2 things that you pay the big bucks to not experience: :salt: plus :moist:
I thought some people don’t drive nicer cars during those conditions ? Is that an option? Figured the other 9/10 months of the year it would be ok
Salt season is October through May.

Some people here do indeed pay to store their toys in a climate controlled garage for 6-9 months a year. Those people are even dumber than me.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

IDK man, the E30 sits a lot.
That's the thing with a toy, its there when you want to play with it.

I mean, you don't cut your dick off because the majority of the time it's not being used, do ya?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 pm
max225 wrote:
Salt season is October through May.

Some people here do indeed pay to store their toys in a climate controlled garage for 6-9 months a year. Those people are even dumber than me.
I pay $180 for 6mo of indoor storage. That's worth it to me
troyguitar

Melon wrote:IDK man, the E30 sits a lot.

I mean, you don't cut your dick off because the majority of the time it's not being used, do ya?
Depends... Can I get a pair of C-cups to go with it?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Depends... Can I get a pair of C-cups to go with it?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Melon wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:57 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:12 pm Depends... Can I get a pair of C-cups to go with it?
:fap:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

@[user not found] my friend got his RS6 today

max225

I have anxiety looking at those tires and wheels
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:00 pm I have anxiety looking at those tires and wheels
Unfortunately with the size of those brakes I think 21" are as small as you can go. MAYBE some aftermarket 20". I think he plans on some 3 piece BBS wheels.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:10 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:00 pm I have anxiety looking at those tires and wheels
Unfortunately with the size of those brakes I think 21" are as small as you can go. MAYBE some aftermarket 20". I think he plans on some 3 piece BBS wheels.
My friend is an authorized bbs dealer if he wants to get a price while he shops around, PM me.

Edit: there is only one 3-piece BBS wheel available in that spec to fit the RS6

BBS CH-R II (non-forged)
21x10.5

$3,540+shipping+tax for the set

If he wants forged Vossen is the only reputable brand that has them in RS6 spec. HRE is going to have fitment within a month or so and then they’ll have their wheels too.

Again, PM me if interested.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

My :ramz: weigh 13 lbs each and were like $1200 for the set.

Fuck giant brakes on a street car.
troyguitar

You also have places to actually park, no?

I have a 2 car tandem driveway. No garage, no street parking, nothing but my single spot where my car is always parked in behind the wife's car.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:10 pm
I get the reasons. I’m commenting on the daily cringe of actually driving the vehicle.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:57 pm

You also have places to actually park, no?

I have a 2 car tandem driveway. No garage, no street parking, nothing but my single spot where my car is always parked in behind the wife's car.
It's off the street doe.
If you're worried about the elements snag a car cover.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:43 pm @[user not found] my friend got his RS6 today

:boner: :jimp: :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:43 pm @[user not found] my friend got his RS6 today

I hated the side vents when I saw them in other photos. This angle isn't bad at all.