Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:13 pm
Legit curious what you'd like to be able to tow beyond 3,500 lbs with your JL or a Bronco.
Ideally?

Something like this, with a car inside: Trailer

Would also work for a couple motorcycles and a SxS....

But, I know that this would really need more of a dedicated :truk:

Mostly it is the idea that having just the JLU held me back from getting a boat I like that is just over 4k pounds dry with a trailer, but now I'm moving to Vegas soon enough and the point is likely moot.
So ~7k towing. I can see the case for that totally to take toys with you. It's kind of why the Gladiator exists with its 7.7k towing. We struggle internally to come up with enough customer data to push for it on Wrangler...especially when the GC will do 7,200 and we have very little customer data proving that they buy GC's for towing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I honestly thought that the manual option had already been dropped from the Accord, and the Civic is so damn ugly now that I have paid zero attention to it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

No one bought em and now they are gone. SHOCKING
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:07 pm
No one bought em and now they are gone. SHOCKING
:dat:

Not rocket science folks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

The Fit is a great little car. Buddy of mine has owned two of them now.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Only one kind of surprising is the Civil coupe.
Fit and :manuel: Accord are :neat: but no one buys them.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:15 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Excuses excuses :lol: :lol: Wobbly suspension on giant tires ... I'd be scared with anything over 4k lbs.
Yea...high COG and massive unsprung weight don't help at all either, but it's really wheelbase that would impact stability. My JT tows great. I want to tow the glamper with the JL one of these days to see how it does for :science:
So, the 4 door JL wheelbase looks to be an inch shorter than the wheelbase of my 08 regular cab Silverado. I can say that in terms of stability, the Silverado was fine to ~60 MPH with a loaded open car trailer. Above that, you could feel the trailer start to wander.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I like the Fit, only problem I found with it is the price which seems to close to a Civic IMO
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Anybody around these parts have the Car :fax: hookup? Am tentatively down to two options but both are private sales and I’d like to see their history reports. Thanks!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:15 am Anybody around these parts have the Car :fax: hookup? Am tentatively down to two options but both are private sales and I’d like to see their history reports. Thanks!
Maybe Fled? Try sending him a PM.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:43 pm Image

This doesn't give me much hope regarding my collapsing seat comments. Side bolster already collapsing on this one with essentially no miles. That's how it always starts on the F150s, the side bolster starts to crush. Then the seat bottom starts to sag.

And look at all that armor all on the steering wheel :datass:
Maybe it's the armorall and :triggered: floor board dirt... but that is ugly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:13 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:13 am

Would just be nice if it towed more than a RAV4 or Sienna. I'm trying not to have 4 or 5 cars/trucks that aren't projects when I move.
Legit curious what you'd like to be able to tow beyond 3,500 lbs with your JL or a Bronco.
For me something like a spec 350Z on an open trailer would be pretty dope. I think I'd be pretty interested in some sort of cheap race car and could afford to do it, the issue is, I would have to daily a :truk: to make that happen which is a big fat :nope: for me.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:13 pm Legit curious what you'd like to be able to tow beyond 3,500 lbs with your JL or a Bronco.
For me something like a spec 350Z on an open trailer would be pretty dope. I think I'd be pretty interested in some sort of cheap race car and could afford to do it, the issue is, I would have to daily a :truk: to make that happen which is a big fat :nope: for me.
Panamera has a 4800 lb towing capacity. :themoreyouknow:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:19 am
D Griff wrote:
Panamera has a 4800 lb towing capacity. :themoreyouknow:
:notbad: No :manuel: no care :doe:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:09 am

This doesn't give me much hope regarding my collapsing seat comments. Side bolster already collapsing on this one with essentially no miles. That's how it always starts on the F150s, the side bolster starts to crush. Then the seat bottom starts to sag.

Yea, I'm not a fan, either.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ ... imit.2572/

So Fraud was going to make 3500 of the first editions... and they doubled the run to 7000, the 3500 sold out in 1 day, the 7k are sold out as well.

That my friends is 455 MILLION in sales... for just the most expensive model... FRAUD is going to have a good year (next year) in less than a week.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:09 pm https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ ... imit.2572/

So Fraud was going to make 3500 of the first editions... and they doubled the run to 7000, the 3500 sold out in 1 day, the 7k are sold out as well.

That my friends is 455 MILLION in sales... for just the most expensive model... FRAUD is going to have a good year (next year) in less than a week.
Assuming they can build and deliver them...which they proved last year is harder than it should be for them.

This will make or break the company.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Melon wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:22 pm Only one kind of surprising is the Civil coupe.
Fit and :manuel: Accord are :neat: but no one buys them.
I remember a few years back when I did the built your "own" on accord sedans, I could only get boring colors, white and silver. Then Honda wonders why it doesn't sell well. Also civic coupe is off the market too :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:12 pm Build quality and material quality has always been a challenge for Ferd for some reason. I'd be very concerned about a Bronco with the stuff off it all the time, but I'd like to think Ferd went a step farther to make sure it doesn't look like crap after a summer.

That one failing is a pre-production vehicle that might not even have production materials in it yet. Improvements could still be made.
I feel like build quality and ford does not make any sense in the same sentence. The last and current ford my dad owns already got bubbly paint within the 2nd year of ownership. There are also a few interior areas where the panels are misaligned from the day we bought it. Same with the expedition. But the 2016 Explorer with 60k miles did not had the bottom bolster sag like in the bronco pic, so that tells me that Ford is going downhill, quality wise.

Now that I'm in Turkey, Ford is also doing worse in Europe. The new Fiestas and Focus's are about as common as BMW i8's, but I kept seeing the new Polo's and Clio's left and right. I wouldn't be surprised if the lackluster of quality in comparison to slightly older models are the case.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:09 am

Someone please get this man a vacuum and something to replace the Armorall :facepalm:
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
max225

Have you guys seen the absolutely wrecked boat hull ? Unacceptable.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:48 pm Have you guys seen the absolutely wrecked boat hull ? Unacceptable.
Boat hull?
max225

We're talking mad shit about a prototype might as well start talking about everything in the picture