Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:41 pm So a Desert Spec CT5 Blackwing is actually..............:notbad: for what it is? Blaze Orange paint, bronze ramz, blue brakes, better seats in gray, the parking package............and I'm done? Checking in at $91,750. All the shit that makes this a $110-120K car I have no interest in................automatic transmission, ridiclous $5500 Carbon package my wife will run into a parking stop, $9000 Carbon Ceramic brakes.......and sunroof, lol. Sunroof is a stand alone option on this Cadillac for $1450. This is likely going to happen. Total spouse approval on this nasty bitch. Corvette? Hate it. Four door Cadillac with 670 hp and donkey dick shifter? APPROVED.
:fuckyeah:

Man, this is a truly epic development and car. A future classic and it really checks every box.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:41 pm So a Desert Spec CT5 Blackwing is actually..............:notbad: for what it is? Blaze Orange paint, bronze ramz, blue brakes, better seats in gray, the parking package............and I'm done? Checking in at $91,750. All the shit that makes this a $110-120K car I have no interest in................automatic transmission, ridiclous $5500 Carbon package my wife will run into a parking stop, $9000 Carbon Ceramic brakes.......and sunroof, lol. Sunroof is a stand alone option on this Cadillac for $1450. This is likely going to happen. Total spouse approval on this nasty bitch. Corvette? Hate it. Four door Cadillac with 670 hp and donkey dick shifter? APPROVED.
:ohdang: :mindblown: :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also Blaze Orange? :amazing: :jelly:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:59 pm Also Blaze Orange? :amazing: :jelly:
I would be ordering this car so yeah. The only other contender is the electric blue and the woman says orange.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:59 pm Also Blaze Orange? :amazing: :jelly:
I would be ordering this car so yeah. The only other contender is the electric blue and the woman says orange.
When it's available, Whorange is the only option. Full stop.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:52 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:33 pm

The only item of marital debate will be the sunroof delete. I may not be able to pull that off.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:52 pm
The only item of marital debate will be the sunroof delete. I may not be able to pull that off.
Despite never using one when having one, mine wants one too. :rolleyes:

I just hate them for headroom. It's how I got away with it in the Cucktrek. T4R has plenty of headroom with a sunroof, and I'll honestly probably enjoy it so :aintcare:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Man, this is a truly epic development and car. A future classic and it really checks every box.
:dat:
:fuckyeah: :popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Made it to tessiefornia

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:
Where are you?
Impressions?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:12 pm :nice:
Where are you?
Impressions?
He’s in socal somewhere. In4gasprice reviews :lolgasm:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:55 pm Made it to tessiefornia

max225

I don’t know if I’d get that over say a m3 with the same :manuel: Tranny . But given the recent ZOMG :manuel: caddy’s < world this may be a better option.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Where are you?
Impressions?
Lancaster CA.

Car is SLOW, BUT OTHERWISE NICE
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:41 pm
Where are you?
Impressions?
Lancaster CA.

What's the ride quality on those pizza cutters?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:46 pm

Lancaster CA.

What's the ride quality on those pizza cutters?
Firm, but more composed that the :poorvette:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Two thumbs up.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:55 pm Made it to tessiefornia

turo rental?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Where are you?
Impressions?
Lancaster CA.

ah the base boxster, in4review
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:37 pm
I don’t know if I’d get that over say a m3 with the same :manuel: Tranny . But given the recent ZOMG :manuel: caddy’s < world this may be a better option.
:iono: I am one of the few that actually doesn't mind the look of the new M3, but I would go Caddy. It does look better (at least in the front, IMO), it has hundreds more ponies, V8 noises, probably better long term reliability, better resale value, more Cars & Coffee cred, etc.

Both are good, but man, the Caddy is fucking epic and will be worth MSRP for 15 years and then go up from there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Where are you?
Impressions?
Lancaster CA.

Is this PDGay equipped? It's a 981 gen NA six base? Surprised they are that slow, isn't is like sub 3K pounds and 300 hp?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:34 pm

:iono: I am one of the few that actually doesn't mind the look of the new M3, but I would go Caddy. It does look better (at least in the front, IMO), it has hundreds more ponies, V8 noises, probably better long term reliability, better resale value, more Cars & Coffee cred, etc.

Both are good, but man, the Caddy is fucking epic and will be worth MSRP for 15 years and then go up from there.
Honestly, the kidneys on the g80 have grown on me, especially if the car is black. But still, the regular 4 series still leaves a lot to be desired. But, do not get me started on the electric crossover
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Honestly, the kidneys on the g80 have grown on me, especially if the car is black. But still, the regular 4 series still leaves a lot to be desired. But, do not get me started on the electric crossover
Yep, in darker colors in general it's OK. They look pretty cool in the BRGish color. I don't really want one though, they seem almost too capable at this point.
max225

It's also a little apples to oranges. Technically.... CT-4 is the M3 competitor and CT-5 is the M5 competitor. I just think these cars are getting quite LARGE. The last m3 was a good size... the current one is even bigger. I am :notsure: how big the CT-5 is... But I am assuming its BIGGER than the 3 series.

CT-5 will be the last of the breed, but I think so will be the M3. BMW already stated the new M3 will likely be electric, and cadillac already :doomed: all their dealers to force them into EV.

Both will be in similar positions in the future IMO.

I don't think anyone is :wrong: for getting either one. I can see getting the Caddy since there was already a lot of time spent in Brown Rocket.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:44 pm

It's also a little apples to oranges. Technically.... CT-4 is the M3 competitor and CT-5 is the M5 competitor. I just think these cars are getting quite LARGE. The last m3 was a good size... the current one is even bigger. I am :notsure: how big the CT-5 is... But I am assuming its BIGGER than the 3 series.

CT-5 will be the last of the breed, but I think so will be the M3. BMW already stated the new M3 will likely be electric, and cadillac already :doomed: all their dealers to force them into EV.

Both will be in similar positions in the future IMO.

I don't think anyone is :wrong: for getting either one. I can see getting the Caddy since there was already a lot of time spent in Brown Rocket.
:notwrong:

I wouldn't kick either out of bed. I imagine the CT-5 is a bit big for my tastes, but I don't think Eric plans to take it to the track or anything like that, so I doubt the size will be a determent. Given the E-class love, I imagine it will be well loved. It's like the combination of his Corvette and E Class but newer, seems like a win.