Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:11 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:03 am

Oh :nice: , new 400Z pics.
I see the pickup truck front end plastered on the 'maro. :disgust:
:yesth: I was attempting humor as the new Z grill is rather similar. I still like the new Z :doe:

:foreveralone:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:04 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:32 pm https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/ls/niagara falls/ontario/19_11678380_?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&showVs=1&orup=16_15_30&sprx=-1

This one is in good shape but older. Niagara stays pretty warm so they don't salt that often, my thinking is that it is also an old man's car and way too nice for its age. I'd have to see it, and being accident free is clutch.
Looks like the V8 couch search is in full swing! My bets are the :gorf: keeps going strong for a long while.
Kamfy couch interest is still in full bloom, I like the LS a lot as a DD. This will by "Chamber of Solitude" while I :aintcare: my way to and from the shit-show solicitously known as my life. I saw a newish Lincoln Continental in the wild and I'm really :notsure: about the very many gastly styling cues and body fit-up issues... the Mark ix Coupe :doe: that thing is :jimp: looking. Who knows maybe the Continental was in an accident or something and poorly put back together but it gave me no confidence that I could drive an older one and appreciate it like I do the LoungeSaloon460 :dedong: .

I was just thinking the same about the :gorf: , it will probably need brakes and shocks in the next two to three years but that's NBD and I'm definitely driving it into the ground. the :plac: died in me a couple of years ago and I'm hellbent on recovering the financial stability we had prior to the :haus: moves. It is paid off and only worth 18-20k in trade value, which is too low to let go. Fully depreciated it will probably sell for half that much.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:14 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:11 am

I see the pickup truck front end plastered on the 'maro. :disgust:
:yesth: I was attempting humor as the new Z grill is rather similar. I still like the new Z :doe:

:foreveralone:
I like the new Z too, :gaydance: .... one of the edited photos has the bottom piece of painted plastic blacked out and instantly the front end looks better. The rest of the car looks cool.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm And now for the least sexy thing on the internet... my future daily options. Ok that one with the reclining rear seat is :tits:

This one is babied, you can see it in the seats. Mileage low, at 27k (36CAD) it's kinda steep for beater daily duties but low mileage and I know Goderich, it's all old peeps and nicely paved country roads. If D-day came for the R right now I'd take it for a spin.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/ls/go ... 30&sprx=-1
Nice I love this
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:39 pm Super low kms. Owner is old. Car is babied:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/ls/pa ... 30&sprx=-1
This one is super cool without the nav, but I think nav was required for the upgraded audio
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:19 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm And now for the least sexy thing on the internet... my future daily options. Ok that one with the reclining rear seat is :tits:

This one is babied, you can see it in the seats. Mileage low, at 27k (36CAD) it's kinda steep for beater daily duties but low mileage and I know Goderich, it's all old peeps and nicely paved country roads. If D-day came for the R right now I'd take it for a spin.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/ls/go ... 30&sprx=-1
Nice I love this
this one is super clean
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Bronco config is live. Site is overloaded though.

I officially like it. Not the sport. That’s the one I probably should like but it seems too Jeep Renegade and thus not something I’d want. Full on bronco looks great, fun colors, nice options. TBD on fraud first year quality but if I were in the market for a 4x4 I’d get one. You are unlikely to lose your ass on it, and if it’s a turd you can just offload it for minimal financial impact due to high demand.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:35 am Bronco config is live. Site is overloaded though.

I officially like it. Not the sport. That’s the one I probably should like but it seems too Jeep Renegade and thus not something I’d want. Full on bronco looks great, fun colors, nice options. TBD on fraud first year quality but if I were in the market for a 4x4 I’d get one. You are unlikely to lose your ass on it, and if it’s a turd you can just offload it for minimal financial impact due to high demand.
Yup it’s quite epic. But it won’t hit the :dillerman: for another 6 months and then ... it’s sold out for 2021.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:41 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:35 am Bronco config is live. Site is overloaded though.

Yup it’s quite epic. But it won’t hit the :dillerman: for another 6 months and then ... it’s sold out for 2021.
Oh well. Someone else gets to be an early adopter and deal with the unfinished fraud teething issues.

The inevitable issues plus supply problems should be a good thing to solidify Toyota’s 4Runner sales for 2 more years.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:50 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:41 am

Oh well. Someone else gets to be an early adopter and deal with the unfinished fraud teething issues.
Yea... I really like the bronco. It seems like fraud has a hit on their hands. lets see if they can deliver.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:39 pm Super low kms. Owner is old. Car is babied:

Do you really need the 460? You can get a lot more GS350 for the money and avoid the merchant marine license requirement.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Do you really need the 460? You can get a lot more GS350 for the money and avoid the merchant marine license requirement.
I don't need anything more then a Corolla hatch TBH but the LS is quieter and better built and I'd rather have the 4.6 V8 at near idle rpms then the V6 running twice the RPM and chewing through the same amount of fuel. The GS reminds me a lot of my TL which my parents now own, great car but falls short of the LS when it comes to refinement, they are more like fancy Accords.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:57 pm

I don't need anything more then a Corolla hatch TBH but the LS is quieter and better built and I'd rather have the 4.6 V8 at near idle rpms then the V6 running twice the RPM and chewing through the same amount of fuel. The GS reminds me a lot of my TL which my parents now own, great car but falls short of the LS when it comes to refinement, they are more like fancy Accords.
Got it.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:49 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 pm

Got it.
Purely hypothetical, I've never driven an LS. Hear good things.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Got it.
Purely hypothetical, I've never driven an LS. Hear good things.
Yep, build quality is legit, engine and transmission are 300K mile items if you can find the drain plugs.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Michelle is ready to buy a new car.. think she’s decided on the CX-5. Looks like Mazda is doing 0% APR for 60 months, so hopefully she qualifies for that. She wants the leather seats, so think it’ll be the Touring trim for her.

Anyone have experience and things we should look for?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am Michelle is ready to buy a new car.. think she’s decided on the CX-5. Looks like Mazda is doing 0% APR for 60 months, so hopefully she qualifies for that. She wants the leather seats, so think it’ll be the Touring trim for her.

They may have decent lease deals also. As always email 5-10 dealers in the area to get sense for pricing. You should be able to get some money off
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am Michelle is ready to buy a new car.. think she’s decided on the CX-5. Looks like Mazda is doing 0% APR for 60 months, so hopefully she qualifies for that. She wants the leather seats, so think it’ll be the Touring trim for her.

CX-5 seems like a nice bet. I would just reach out to numerous :dillerman: like Max said. Although, we just went and bought the :jeep: at the place that had the spec we wanted and offered us $5K off. They also did a great job. Maybe we could've saved another few hundred shopping around, but fuck that. Our time and sanity are worth more.

Has she checked out any cars? I find so many people just go buy something; it may be worth driving a number of vehicles in the segment and seeing what she likes best. It's a lot of money to spend without "doing her research".
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:22 am

CX-5 seems like a nice bet. I would just reach out to numerous :dillerman: like Max said. Although, we just went and bought the :jeep: at the place that had the spec we wanted and offered us $5K off. They also did a great job. Maybe we could've saved another few hundred shopping around, but fuck that. Our time and sanity are worth more.

Has she checked out any cars? I find so many people just go buy something; it may be worth driving a number of vehicles in the segment and seeing what she likes best. It's a lot of money to spend without "doing her research".
She hasn’t driven anything yet, she’s been kicking the idea around between a CX-5 and a JGC. I think this week or weekend we’ll go test drive a few things. But :tits: gonna :tits: and she wants the CX-5. I’ll try to get her in at least two other vehicles to compare it to.

2021 CX-5 should be out soon right? So there should be deals on the left over 2020s coming up. The one dealer by us had the Touring trim listed as ~$28k and their incentivized price is $25.8k. But part of that is $1500 in customer cash which can’t be used if you’re doing the 0% apr financing. I’ll check a few dealerships after I hopefully get her to drive a few things.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:31 am

She hasn’t driven anything yet, she’s been kicking the idea around between a CX-5 and a JGC. I think this week or weekend we’ll go test drive a few things. But :tits: gonna :tits: and she wants the CX-5. I’ll try to get her in at least two other vehicles to compare it to.

2021 CX-5 should be out soon right? So there should be deals on the left over 2020s coming up. The one dealer by us had the Touring trim listed as ~$28k and their incentivized price is $25.8k. But part of that is $1500 in customer cash which can’t be used if you’re doing the 0% apr financing. I’ll check a few dealerships after I hopefully get her to drive a few things.
New Rav hybrid is a segment leader. Stay away from early 2020s :doe:
max225

My buddy also got a Kia Seltos. It looks pretty neat. Make sure to check it out.
SAWCE

Thanks guys! I’ll add those two to the list for her to check out.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:35 am

My buddy also got a Kia Seltos. It looks pretty neat. Make sure to check it out.
Kia has really been nailing it lately with new products. For people that DGAF like :tits: they're really great choices IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Aren't JGC's a lot bigger than the CX-5?
Edit:
JGC:
Length 189.8 "
Body width 76.5 "
Body height 69.3 "
Wheelbase 114.8 "

CX-5:
Length, with license plate holder (in) 179.1
Track, front (in) 62.8. ...
Track, rear (in) 62.8.
Wheelbase (in) 106.2. ..
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

JCG is a different class of vehicle but :tits: is gonna :tits: because "it looks nice and we already have a jeep and I like that" probably.