Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 pm
fledonfoot wrote:
When trump is gone.

:trollface:
Better than waiting for max to ever be :wrong: about anything. Dudebro just throws his half-assed opinions out as :fax: and then gets pissy when challenged.

Guess what, max, mods aren't all stupid and this place isn't leftist. You want discussion? Then defend your claims.
Most mods have downsides that’s a fact. Who is pissy ? I’m quite happy to defend that.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 pm I'm going to bed but I'll be back to argue about this tomorrow, it's more interesting than talking about stupid trucks anyway. This is a forum full of rich white dudes, they're not leftists.
:fuckyeah:
:gonbgud:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 pm I'm going to bed but I'll be back to argue about this tomorrow, it's more interesting than talking about stupid trucks anyway. This is a forum full of rich white dudes, they're not leftists.
You could be Nancy Pelosis sidepiece with the shit you spew in here constantly.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Holy fuck I’m gonna miss most of the :popcorn: tomorrow because bidnizz travel. Dammit.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:17 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:50 pm

Dat automatic with cylinder deactivation is a scam.

My 1LE with fatter tires and manual trans with no active displacement could get 25 if I watched what I was doing.

My C7s were the same, manuals but if in "ECO" mode to enable the cylinder deactivation MPGs would actually drop due to coming in and out of active displacement. My Z51 would max out about 29 and the Z06 was 26ish. 7th gear, no massive throttle movements, just cruising at 70-80 mph. The AD programming sucked so it would never stay in the 4 cyl mode for more than a minute and then would jump out and try to go back in with any in and out of the throttle at all.
I got 32 doing 60-65mph for an hour in a Hertz 2019 Mullet SS w/ auto.

70-80mph is too fast to stay in V4.
Had a Yukon XL which would return 22 Hwy if you kept it in V4 mode, which meant no more 70-75mph.

Re: downshifting by holding gear down paddle is hilarious and the fact it’d even throw it in 1st makes for some fun moments.
Coming to a stop at a light downtown and you go BWRAA pop pop BWRUHH like a true D-bag. Loved it.
Dude the left paddle douche braaapopopops are fucking :muah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Mine has a slight bend to the left... wait what are we talking about?

As a side note, I think I'm going to order the GMax RS tires for the prets and just keep them.

Right now the Indy 500 is 880 CAD, installed, doesn't include the 13% HST(ax) which is the cheapest, but people en-mass are saying they ride a little rough and break loose unexpectedly, mainly in the rain + spirited driving. It's a split bag between people that love them and hate them.

The General GMax RS are liked and found on many cars from Focuses to Hell Cats and are generally liked. 920 sans tax

The 🦅 FK510s are 980+tax are are better handling then the Generals but not as composed and comfortable.

ECS go for 1280

PS4S are the cream of the crop but cost fifteen hundo.

Tire rack charges me $310 to ship so the only other way I can get cheap tires is Costco. Gotta see how things price out before I make any moves.

Either whore, the General is made by Continental so it should be half decent over its tread life which happens to slot in nicely between an all season and a racekar summer tar. Not glamorous, but the right tool for the job at this time.

TL;DR

At least I didn't trade up for a Prius
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm Mine has a slight bend to the left... wait what are we talking about?

As a side note, I think I'm going to order the GMax RS tires for the prets and just keep them.

Right now the Indy 500 is 880 CAD, installed, doesn't include the 13% HST(ax) which is the cheapest, but people en-mass are saying they ride a little rough and break loose unexpectedly, mainly in the rain + spirited driving. It's a split bag between people that love them and hate them.

The General GMax RS are liked and found on many cars from Focuses to Hell Cats and are generally liked. 920 sans tax

The 🦅 FK510s are 980+tax are are better handling then the Generals but not as composed and comfortable.

ECS go for 1280

Tire rack charges me $310 to ship so the only other way I can get cheap tires is Costco. Gotta see how things price out before I make any moves.

Either whore, the General is made by Continental so it should be half decent over its tread life which happens to slot in nicely between an all season and a racekar summer tar. Not glamorous, but the right tool for the job at this time.

TL;DR

In4review
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It got spicy in here last night.

Let me get some coffee, and a comfy seat for when Troy wakes up.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Compared to the STI.... This thing is a rocket and the STI is a kid's toy.

Ride is damped better but just as harsh I think. It's hard for me to assess because they're not being driven over the same roads. The roads in TX are all concrete bullshit, the roads in Philly are all potholed asphalt. So I dunno really. The better damping means little to no bouncy ride, but we have slammed the bump stops almost daily in it. We took it into the city center and :mahtroy: it was a real mixed bag. The ride.... yeah I'd go mag ride on it because it was really harsh on those lesser quality roads. The car felt really heavy and just like it was pounding the pavement. No sidewalls on the tires either, that might have more to do with it really.

Turn in isn't as good as the STI but the steering is just as quick. STI has more feedback through the wheel but I don't know if that matters so much really. If you're driving it hard I guess yes. You feel more connected to the STI but the Camaro feels more capable. Grip wise, this has more grip. It has more tire so that's somewhat expected. Where the STI will boogie it's tail a little this just sticks. So maybe a little less entertaining? But the speeds you carry around turns are eye opening.

Brakes feel strong, there's some sort of boost to them after you go deep into the pedal. No fading but we aren't driving it super hard on twisty canyon roads because texas is just oil and cattle fields.

Throttle response is great being an NA motor. The pedal isn't as touchy as the STI which is nice. I miss NA motors, man. They're so responsive.

Trans is awesome. It's the new Schwinn-o-matic 10 speed. Shifts are faster than I can do with a 6MT. Paddles are surprisingly immediate in every drive mode. In sport it'll hold the gear for a few seconds after you let off the throttle just in case, but it'll still go to 10th gear on the highway when you're not into it. It basically never gear hunts. Sport is awesome, we've just been leaving it in that. Hold the paddle coming up to a stop sign and it braaps and crackles and lol inducing noises come out as the engine revs all the way up and the trans selects lowest gear. The "annoying" thing is it'll drop to 4cyl on the highway, so when you want some go power it kind of shudders a half second while it gets the other 4 cylinders back online and you get a slight hesitation. Happens while the trans downshifts. Other than that, it's smooth and well sorted.
Ah interesting so they got the fraud 10 speed collab thing. I didn't mind that trans, it isn't a "true 10 speed" they have "hidden gears" all over that essentially only come into play when you "pass" people. Some :fullretard: shit if you ask me but if it works it works, I didn't mind it in the nutstang.

I am suprised to hear about the steering... I liked the STI steering a fair amount.

I am not surprised to hear about some of the handling though.. the camero has a lower COG so it is a bit more "sport car" vs econo car in the STI.

Also :impressive: that you're averaging more in that vs a 4 banger... but that was expected.
The GM V8s are very efficient. Putting any stock-mild LS/LT into a chassis with a modicum of aerodynamics will yield mid-upper 20s on the highway. Plus, the STI is infamous for having poor fuel economy.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote:Mine has a slight bend to the left... wait what are we talking about?

The Image FK510s are 980+tax are are better handling then the Generals but not as composed and comfortable.

ECS go for 1280

TL;DR

Check Costco for sure. That's where I got my PSS and AS3+. Generally they're close enough in price since there's no shipping, a $70 instant discount, and penny installs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 am
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:45 am

The GM V8s are very efficient. Putting any stock-mild LS/LT into a chassis with a modicum of aerodynamics will yield mid-upper 20s on the highway. Plus, the STI is infamous for having poor fuel economy.
This. Not nearly as much as C5 forumbros say, but the SS always was pretty damn good on fuel with a light pedal.
I did hit 29.7 MPG (gas tank math verified) with the C5 driving it from Charlotte NC.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:20 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:18 am

Do you have to be a Costco member and can they get pretty.mich anything in?
Costco is only Bridgestone/BF Goodrich/Michelin IIRC.
:dat: but the penny installs and free shipping make for some good :dill: s
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:05 am It got spicy in here last night.

Let me get some coffee, and a comfy seat for when Troy wakes up.
Noon
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm Mine has a slight bend to the left... wait what are we talking about?

ECS go for 1280

TL;DR

In4review
April at the soonest :excited:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:20 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:18 am

Do you have to be a Costco member and can they get pretty.mich anything in?
Costco is only Bridgestone/BF Goodrich/Michelin IIRC.
PS4S for 1200 installed? If so it's a done :dill: and I skip all the :bs: unknowns. They still make the best shit IMO
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 pm I’m just trying to talk cars... we know how far left this forum leans.
FWIW this forum is Center Right from a political science point of view and goes from Moderate Right to Center Left in scale.

None of this is a surprise based on our demographic.
:dat:

Pelosi is a centrist.

Ain't nobody here seizing the means of production or anything like that. Regulation isn't communism.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Inb4 :wrong:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 am
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:45 am

This. Not nearly as much as C5 forumbros say, but the SS always was pretty damn good on fuel with a light pedal.
You rang?

https://youtu.be/VQUVJXK10JI
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 am This. Not nearly as much as C5 forumbros say, but the SS always was pretty damn good on fuel with a light pedal.
You rang?

:fakenews:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:20 am Costco is only Bridgestone/BF Goodrich/Michelin IIRC.
PS4S for 1200 installed? If so it's a done :dill: and I skip all the :bs: unknowns. They still make the best shit IMO
Just checked for me. It's between 900-1000 installed for PS4S 235/35 19. Discounts are weird so I don't know which price is accurate.

Not sure how much it'd be in canuck dollhairs.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:21 am
CaleDeRoo wrote:
You rang?

:fakenews:
:howdareyou:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:08 am This is correct. From a political science perspective she's just barely left of center.

To put it in real world terms this place tends to be Mitt Romney in the scheme of things.
We put dogs in cages on the roofs of cars in transit?

:impressive:
Sounds like a recipe for poor mpg, better get a hitch mounted carrier instead.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:28 am
Tarspin wrote:
Just checked for me. It's between 900-1000 installed for PS4S 235/35 19. Discounts are weird so I don't know which price is accurate.

Not sure how much it'd be in canuck dollhairs.

In USD, tax in we get this pricing:

$735 GMAX RS
$1100 MPSS
$1200 PS4S

So relatively same pricing, I don't see myself :troywax: above the RS, I think they are a safe bet. Nobody has them in stock until spring though.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:05 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 pm
I’m just trying to talk cars... we know how far left this forum leans.
FWIW this forum is Center Right from a political science point of view and goes from Moderate Right to Center Left in scale.

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 pm I’m just trying to talk cars... we know how far left this forum leans.

Spoken like a true white collar know-it-all.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist: