:wrong: Soviet car reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

As mentioned my Ram1500 ecodiesel buddy sold his behemoth for 33k which is :fullretard:

He has since leased a Nissan Queef (leaf)

Overall I have mixed feelings on that vehicle. His vehicle is the SL+ Model which includes 230 miles of range, it adorned with an MSRP of 45k which to me is INSANITY.

Overall the car has decent dimensions about (4 door golf sized)

Lets talk about what's good:
Visibility- NO blindspots, this thing is a fishbowl as well
Steering- felt pretty direct
Manuverability- car has decent turning radius and is easy to drive.
Ease of driving- This is honestly the perfect first car, it is incredibly easy to drive and get used to. Nothing surprises or shocks you, and its super linear.
Trunk/use of space is mostly great. It fits 4 people... yes even linebackers, and the trunk is big. but i has NO frunk ?!

Lets talk about whats bad:
No balls- I was surprised that even though this is an EV it didn't really feel quick and there is a bit of "throttle lag" :wtf:
Quality is garbage- For those of you giving shit to tesla need to take a ride in a competitor at a similar price point. The cameras are horrendous... somehow WORSE than my tacoma, which are abysmal. It's like 120x80 pixel resolution at best. You literally can't tell a boulder from a soccer ball apart in the reverse camera. This thing feels like a 15-20k vehicle 45k is just insanity, plain and simple. No wonder they have at least 9k on the hood even now.
Charging outside of Tesla network is bad... multiple brands/vendors/issues with paying etc per the video I posted.

Overall i think this would make a great first vehicle and I can see the EV thing catching on, however no way in hell can this be a long range vehicle. It is still a great around town vehicle if it can be purchased on the cheap. The charging issue on long trips is just no where near acceptable levels for me.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Not sure why this over a Bolt, especially at this price? Did he have a reason?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:42 pm Not sure why this over a Bolt, especially at this price? Did he have a reason?
The reason was the price, the Queef was a little bit cheaper. Also the new bolt is possibly the most hideous vehicle for sale.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:44 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:42 pm Not sure why this over a Bolt, especially at this price? Did he have a reason?
The reason was the price, the Queef was a little bit cheaper. Also the new bolt is possibly the most hideous vehicle for sale.

You can still get the other body style Bolt IIRC.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:57 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:44 pm

You can still get the other body style Bolt IIRC.
Yea, dis:

Which to say this looks way worse than this, is just :fullretard: They're both horrible.

Also, Nissan is about as bad as you can get in the industry these days for product and quality.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

They are both bad, but the bolt is more hideous. That's just an opinion. Once again the decision was made based on deals primarily.

The bolt was more expensive locally.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 pm They are both bad, but the bolt is more hideous. That's just an opinion. Once again the decision was made based on deals primarily.

Doesn't surprise me, you get what you pay for. Nissans are junk.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:05 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 pm They are both bad, but the bolt is more hideous. That's just an opinion. Once again the decision was made based on deals primarily.

Curious where you think the bolt is superior to the leaf?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:05 pm
The infotainment is really nice. Camera quality is what you'd expect from a modern vehicle, and it all works pretty flawlessly. The interior space utilization is fantastic, it's much bigger inside than it looks from the outside. And interior quality is good. Not industry leading, but better than a Nissan for sure. And I'm basing this off the last one I was in, which was before the refresh. I drove one back to back with a Leaf and the Bolt just felt like the nicer vehicle.

Anecdotally, I personally know a number of people that have them and love them because it's just a nice toaster. It's one of the better toasters on the market.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:13 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:07 pm

The infotainment is really nice. Camera quality is what you'd expect from a modern vehicle, and it all works pretty flawlessly. The interior space utilization is fantastic, it's much bigger inside than it looks from the outside. And interior quality is good. Not industry leading, but better than a Nissan for sure. And I'm basing this off the last one I was in, which was before the refresh. I drove one back to back with a Leaf and the Bolt just felt like the nicer vehicle.

Anecdotally, I personally know a number of people that have them and love them because it's just a nice toaster. It's one of the better toasters on the market.
Yea I am not sure about the space, space inside the leaf was good as mentioned.
Bolt doesn't have ACC or self driving which seems odd.

Either way, I'd own neither. Which ever one has the lower payment is the one i'd get if I had a gun to my head. They are honestly both shit. Tesla is superior in every way.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I have two friends with bolts. One had an overnight test drive of a model 3, but the benefits of the Tesla didn't outweigh the negatives for him in rural ish Ohio.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:13 pm

Yea I am not sure about the space, space inside the leaf was good as mentioned.
Bolt doesn't have ACC or self driving which seems odd.

Either way, I'd own neither. Which ever one has the lower payment is the one i'd get if I had a gun to my head. They are honestly both shit. Tesla is superior in every way.
American OEMs treat ACC and self driving tech as premium features, and it's really annoying. It doesn't seem to be hurting sales, so they just let the features drive profit margin, but the Cucktreck is basically L2 driving for ~$25k (cheapest) and you'd need to spend more than double that on a Grand Cherokee to get the same. I drove the CT1 for the first time yesterday after driving the CT2 exclusively for a month, and damn I didn't realize how quickly I adapted to self driving tech and how much I like it.

But the Leaf and Bolt are really just toasters. I too have zero desire to own either, and agreed the cheapest Model 3 is probably a better buy. I don't care what the deal is, I'd rather pay more or skip EVs than buy any of them.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

The leaf looks fine. The bolt looks like a damn Mirage. :gag:
max225

Well I am semi thinking about the I3 ... which is worlds more interesting than either. Super cool interior... felt peppier to drive... and a bit more distinctive looking. But I am in the minority of actually liking that styling.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:29 pm Well I am semi thinking about the I3 ... which is worlds more interesting than either. Super cool interior... felt peppier to drive... and a bit more distinctive looking. But I am in the minority of actually liking that styling.
The i3 looks fantastic.

Dat Kia will be out this year. Chassis dynamics by Albert Biermann, great interior and tech, fancy styling. I'm really excited to see that in the road. Much more than the Hyundai even.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Between the Bolt and Leaf, I'd buy a Volt. It's by far the better looking vehicle plus the range extending peace of mind of the baby ICE on board gives it legit medium distance road trip capability.

:wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:33 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:29 pm Well I am semi thinking about the I3 ... which is worlds more interesting than either. Super cool interior... felt peppier to drive... and a bit more distinctive looking. But I am in the minority of actually liking that styling.
The i3 looks fantastic.

Dat Kia will be out this year. Chassis dynamics by Albert Biermann, great interior and tech, fancy styling. I'm really excited to see that in the road. Much more than the Hyundai even.
:notwrong: for sure.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:39 pm Between the Bolt and Leaf, I'd buy a Volt. It's by far the better looking vehicle plus the range extending peace of mind of the baby ICE on board gives it legit medium distance road trip capability.

:wrong:
The Volt looks good outside, has solid performance and a decent quality interior. The problem is, the battery eats up too much interior space, there really isn't a ton of room inside. It makes the Cucktrek feel gigantic by comparison.
ChrisoftheNorth

The i3 looks fantastic.

The Ioniq 5 looks incredible, that thing could really set the bar for affordable EVs. :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

But I have always liked the i3. The interior is really the coolest part, and indeed the performance is reasonably sporty. The exterior is ugly, but at least unique. If it's cheap enough, it's a solid way to go for a cheap toaster.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:54 pm

The i3 looks fantastic.

The Ioniq 5 looks incredible, that thing could really set the bar for affordable EVs. :popcorn:
Is it really affordable though ? It has got to lick 40k…
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:59 pm
Seems like $40k is the new definition of affordable somehow :disgust:

But we're also talking about Hyundai, who never overprices vehicles. I bet it'll undercut A Leaf and Bolt. unless it's intended to be more "premium". :iono:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 pm

But we're also talking about Hyundai, who never overprices vehicles. I bet it'll undercut A Leaf and Bolt. unless it's intended to be more "premium". :iono:
The $7500 tax credit is very appealing also.
But once again I know y’all hate on Tesla but they are very very interesting vehicles that drive well…
Once they encroach on the Tesla pricing it falls apart.

I’m having unhealthy thoughts about a model X plaid. And getting rid of 2 cars for it. It is so fking fast and unique of a vehicle that I wouldn’t need to waste money on a performance vehicle.
It’s literally faster than a veyron and checks every box… the main issue is range, I don’t like the “advertised” 340. I wish it was longer.
Not because I’d drive it that much daily but because I’d keep the battery in a healthy range and would like to charge it when peak solar is generating …

Decisions decisions
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 pm

The $7500 tax credit is very appealing also.
But once again I know y’all hate on Tesla but they are very very interesting vehicles that drive well…
Once they encroach on the Tesla pricing it falls apart.

I’m having unhealthy thoughts about a model X plaid. And getting rid of 2 cars for it. It is so fking fast and unique of a vehicle that I wouldn’t need to waste money on a performance vehicle.
It’s literally faster than a veyron.
The model X is an ugly overpriced jellybean. Sure it's fast, but I'd hardly consider them unique. Especially out by you. Hell, I see more of them in middle of nowhere northern MI than any other EV. Pass.

I don't get your sudden love for Tesla. Did Elon give you a reach around with the solar panel install?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I mean when a leaf and bolt are also $40k.... When a mid trim RAV4 is 40k... How much is a Prius Prime? Within an arms reach of $40? A cucktrek plug in is 40k.
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.