:wrong: Soviet car reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You guys need to get your balls back.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:11 pm You guys need to get your balls back.
All it takes is alimony
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 pm
People with FUCK YOU money want to make it theirs and don't care what it costs. This makes sense then. I see that in our new area a lot.
Yea it makes things a bit :flaccid: because just being in line with your neighbors = :wasteful: x 1000. I'd rather drive a lambo than have a yard I never use.
I guess I'm weird because I like having a nice yard to hang out it. I'm outside as much as possible, and value that more than any car I never have a reason to drive.

Keeping up with neighbors is folly...it'll never work toward a positive end.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:58 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:56 pm

No, you're all dating women.
I am shocked because I literally had the same conversation I quoted this AM when it came to doing additional work.

I love that fact that bish wants 10 things done we agree to a 8/2 split, I do 8 and she does 2. And in the end she does 0.5 I do 7 and burn out because I have a full time job, and she is trying to add another 10 to the list. Which :triggered: me to no end and I start to think about throwing her down our canyon.

Also some women are about the gram, GIRLS NIGHT, clothes/heels and interior decorating. Working with what they have... or camping or spinning fire sticks... or clubbing... you name it. Ours seem to be focused on blowing cold hard cash on residential improvements to no end, that occupy all free time.
Hang on...yours doesn't help at all? It's just dictating from her to you?

That's a :nope:

I make mine work as long as hard as I do on every project. Sure some heavy things she can't do, and she's not great with carpentry, but she's great at painting, sanding, cleaning (this is huge...I can make all the mess I want and she cleans it up as her job, major time saver). She feels every bit of the project/time spent that I do...no way would I let her go off doing whatever she wants leaving me to to do all the work.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:11 pm You guys need to get your balls back.
The last time I "had my balls" I was living in a warehouse at 7th and MLK in LBC listening to gun shots with the ghetto bird shining down all night surrounded by broken cars and a roommate that DGAF about making money.

Now I'm living the dream by comparison. She can have them.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:26 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:58 pm

I am shocked because I literally had the same conversation I quoted this AM when it came to doing additional work.

I love that fact that bish wants 10 things done we agree to a 8/2 split, I do 8 and she does 2. And in the end she does 0.5 I do 7 and burn out because I have a full time job, and she is trying to add another 10 to the list. Which :triggered: me to no end and I start to think about throwing her down our canyon.

Also some women are about the gram, GIRLS NIGHT, clothes/heels and interior decorating. Working with what they have... or camping or spinning fire sticks... or clubbing... you name it. Ours seem to be focused on blowing cold hard cash on residential improvements to no end, that occupy all free time.

I make mine work as long as hard as I do on every project. Sure some heavy things she can't do, and she's not great with carpentry, but she's great at painting, sanding, cleaning (this is huge...I can make all the mess I want and she cleans it up as her job, major time saver). She feels every bit of the project/time spent that I do...no way would I let her go off doing whatever she wants leaving me to to do all the work.
I mentioned how much she has helped... but she has never done any "house shit" before this. So she "helps" in some ways but she is super busy with work, and she has no physical strength. So a lot of shit falls on me. I asked her to help me gather leaves and shit from outside for 3 weeks. She hasn't gotten to it, and she hasn't gotten to helping me out with painting a tiny portion that is left for 2 weeks.

She did call the flooring guy to have him come out and fix an area that need attention :doe: so it's "something" but it is no where near 50/50 or 80/20 even. I would say 90/10 at best. And I have a demanding job too, so I can't be a carpenter/contractor/Gardner and an office drone all at once.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 pm

I mentioned how much she has helped... but she has never done any "house shit" before this. So she "helps" in some ways but she is super busy with work, and she has no physical strength. So a lot of shit falls on me. I asked her to help me gather leaves and shit from outside for 3 weeks. She hasn't gotten to it, and she hasn't gotten to helping me out with painting a tiny portion that is left for 2 weeks.

She did call the flooring guy to have him come out and fix an area that need attention :doe: so it's "something" but it is no where near 50/50 or 80/20 even. I would say 90/10 at best. And I have a demanding job too, so I can't be a carpenter/contractor/Gardner and an office drone all at once.
:bruh:

No wonder you're :triggered: I would be too at that scenario.

If I were you, I'd let progress slow drastically until she pitched in more. There's plenty she can do even without "experience".
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:36 pm

If I were you, I'd let progress slow drastically until she pitched in more. There's plenty she can do even without "experience".
But then I am left with long ass grass, a broken part of the deck. Unfinished and exposed holes in the baseboards etc. I am a neat freak and it :triggered: me. What I have done is a complete refusal to add any more of her projects period. I told her I am finishing up what we started and that's it. And if she wants more shit done she can go out and hire someone (talk this am). Because I am tired of having multiple jobs.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:36 pm

But then I am left with long ass grass, a broken part of the deck. Unfinished and exposed holes in the baseboards etc. I am a neat freak and it :triggered: me. What I have done is a complete refusal to add any more of her projects period. I told her I am finishing up what we started and that's it. And if she wants more shit done she can go out and hire someone (talk this am). Because I am tired of having multiple jobs.
Why can't she cut the grass and do basic yardwork? That's one I pawned off on :tits: early because it's easy. Want me to fix xyz, go cut the grass and weed while I do it. Hell, today she went out with the weed whacker and knocked down a bunch of growth in an area she wants to turn into a sitting space outside completely on her own.

Owning a house really needs to be a team effort. If it's one sided, that's how things go :nuke: No wonder you resent the move.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:43 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:38 pm
Why can't she cut the grass and do basic yardwork? That's one I pawned off on :tits: early because it's easy. Want me to fix xyz, go cut the grass and weed while I do it. Hell, today she went out with the weed whacker and knocked down a bunch of growth in an area she wants to turn into a sitting space outside completely on her own.

Owning a house really needs to be a team effort. If it's one sided, that's how things go :nuke: No wonder you resent the move.
I don’t resent the move. I no longer live in a shit hole. I resent the fact that we added too many projects for too short of a time frame. And she is helping way less than I want. She has never touched a lawn mower in her life. How am I to show her how it all works etc, it’ll just waste a bunch of time for nothing, and she likely won’t be able to do half that shit

And it was smoky for 37/42 days, limiting outdoor activities during the best time of the year
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

How is this not mostly your fault? You knew she was a 4'10" AZN, not Ronda Rousey, apparently you like that. Did you ever have a discussion about how you were going to both have to bust ass on this place because you agreed to be cheap AND bust ass, or did you just want to be cheap and just sort of hope that she would bust ass? Some chicks don't bust ass in the physical sense, and it's annoying to those of us who do, but hadn't you kind of figured this out? If she wants all this shit done apparently either the BIG STRONG RUSSIAN is going to do it OR a contractor, what does she want to do?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:10 pm

How is this not mostly your fault? You knew she was a 4'10" AZN, not Ronda Rousey, apparently you like that. Did you ever have a discussion about how you were going to both have to bust ass on this place because you agreed to be cheap AND bust ass, or did you just want to be cheap and just sort of hope that she would bust ass? Some chicks don't bust ass in the physical sense, and it's annoying to those of us who do, but hadn't you kind of figured this out? If she wants all this shit done apparently either the BIG STRONG RUSSIAN is going to do it OR a contractor, what does she want to do?
:bruh: I am just saying that she agreed to do certain things that were HAND PICKED for her that something a 3' AZN with 1 arm and a wooden leg can do also. Like pick up leafs and paint 0>4' and she has not delivered. Not to turn this into a FK this B thread, because honestly its fine. I am adjusting what I think she can do, and I have enough control in the relationship where once I bitch her out. She will get on her feet and pull her weight.

But I haven't had the time to have a nasty 2 hr talk.

Also as mentioned HOUSE shit sucks. Yes its "wonderful" to own a home and be away from neighbors shitting on your head and hearing them flush etc. But it comes at the cost of your free time. Which was limited to begin with.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:10 pm

:bruh: I am just saying that she agreed to do certain things that were HAND PICKED for her that something a 3' AZN with 1 arm and a wooden leg can do also. Like pick up leafs and paint 0>4' and she has not delivered. Not to turn this into a FK this B thread, because honestly its fine. I am adjusting what I think she can do, and I have enough control in the relationship where once I bitch her out. She will get on her feet and pull her weight.

Also as mentioned HOUSE shit sucks. Yes its "wonderful" to own a home and be away from neighbors shitting on your head and hearing them flush etc. But it comes at the cost of your free time. Which was limited to begin with.
The older you get, the more :pinshit: becomes just shit. I enjoyed elements of it in my 20's and 30's but other than maybe planning and building something epic like a deck, I'm out on most of that dawg.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:47 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm

The older you get, the more :pinshit: becomes just shit. I enjoyed elements of it in my 20's and 30's but other than maybe planning and building something epic like a deck, I'm out on most of that dawg.
Never liked it. not my first rodeo. Now having done more on this house... I am QUITE done with it. Unless it turns into some sort of "job" where I live off day trading and flipping houses. I can't do this with a full time gig.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:53 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Never liked it. not my first rodeo. Now having done more on this house... I am QUITE done with it. Unless it turns into some sort of "job" where I live off day trading and flipping houses. I can't do this with a full time gig.
I try to get quotes on the bigger projects or have a rough idea how much each job will cost and contract out the jobs that require IMMEDIATE attention or are too big for my schedule.

I refinished the staircase on my own because the quote for that job was way too pricey and could be done at a later date (like when we paid down our line of credit for the other shit we got done).

We waited six months longer then :tits: would have liked but she had to :dealwithit: since we were already stretching our budget with new floors, baseboards, casings and two floors worth of painting which we deemed top priority since it is exponentially more difficult after bringing furniture into the place.

I got lucky on the stair project since COVID basically shut my business down for a month, but was willing to sit on it for another year if that's what it took. Gotta draw a line somewhere right?

If I were in your shoes with ten open projects, I'd find a local contractor/handyman and put them to work whenever you're around to supervise while doing one of the higher profit jobs yourself. And just pause to catch up with your life and sanity when you need it. If you've got the disposable income, might as well get some :manuel: labor.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Latest on the truk sitch? :plac: ?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 am Latest on the truk sitch? :plac: ?
I emailed the main dealer on Monday (8am) asking if there has been an “allocation update”. She replied 2 days later (9pm yesterday) saying no, after telling me she’d keep me updated about 2 weeks ago.

They know what they have
max225

IMA put my TACO review here and go quite ... TL:DR 5/7 scale first
Lights 5/7
Ride quality 4/7
Interior Noise levels 4/7
Interior space 3/7
Quality 5/7
Stereo 3.5/7
Tech 4/7
Performance (for what it is) 4/7
Overall. 4.5/7 This is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. If I had a gun to my head and someone told me. You have to pick only 1 for the rest of your life. This would be it, no hesitation

Ok now to the subjective part. First things first. I should have never even considered a TRD off road because this thing is SET UP PERFECTLY. I don't believe in mods, (yes shoot me) unless they are done 100% right with as good or better than OEM parts. Which ends up costing MORE than the better car in my personal experience. Unless you really spend your time and money to do it right.
Now... I have purchased what is a PERFECTLY (IMO) Modded :truk: for me. Also toyota quality is impeccable, all body lines are perfect, everything works as it should, thing is arrow straight, and perfect. I had some small issues on the 300s, and my mini that this yoda simply doesn't.

Is it Really worth emailing 30 + dealers over the last 5 months from 6 different states?! IMO YES IT IS.

Lets start with the basics ... What makes this "better" than run of the mill terrorist spec.

1. Leather interior is quite nice, has a unique pattern to the TRD pro, feels nice, and the seats are super soft and comfortable.
2. The LED Lights have TRD pro engraved, and are the best factory lights I have ever seen. (only on the LED package which is impossible to find without the premium, which costs as much as the TRD pro anyways).
3. Special exhaust note, yes this sounds BETTER than a regular taco, it has a nice little growl at low rpms and sounds a bit like a sports car in the higher revs. Overall a GREAT upgrade over stock, and it is PRE MODDED from the factory, perfection.
4. Shocks, haven't had much of a chance to test these out but so far they are frigging great, no bottoming out, but they are a bit on the firmer side where you don't just GLIIIIDE over anything without feeling it, but giant Baghdad street shit that we have all over is a non issue. I am not scared to admit that I do think a Defender rides NICER and softer than this thing. But it is noticably less "Trucky" than a regular trd off road
5. Stereo - comes with a factory sub behind the rear passenger seat and upgraded speakers. Yes it isn't GREAT, but... it is GOOD ENOUGH where you don't have to spend another 1k on an aftermarket sub + amp + wiring up the thing. All done from the factory for you.
6. Balloon tires. 265/70/16! I LOVE EM, yes they are not MUD blah blah, but for DD purposes to get me TO and FROM a TRAIL that may be 100s of miles a way, these are perfect. Quiet, KEVLAR lined etc. I will NEVER change them.
7. Epic trail cams that provide you with 360 degrees of viewing.

Now a quick compare to other off roaders that I was considering:

Vs a JL. This steers, rides, accelerates, sounds way better, it actually STOPS really well as well, these OMG DRUM brakes don't fking matter, tons of bite all the way from the top of the pedal and this thing comes with 4 pot FIXED CALIPERS FROM THE TRACK BRUH. Not to mention it is about 10k cheaper than an equally equipped JL, or 12k cheaper than a JT.

Vs Defender. Now this one was tough for me, the Defender has a nicer interior, higher quality cameras, and a noticeably nicer ride. However the quality and depreciation of a Defender is NOT justifiable to me. Have seen too many issues even on brand new ones.

vs bronco... TBD. i think that may be the one that tops this thing... but it will NEVER be as reliable and as well made.

OEM is the way to go, engineers obviously spend millions of dollars and 1000s of miles testing everything here to make sure it is just right, and it is DONE RIGHT. No matter what some pimple faced forum bro will tell you on 40s , 9 lockers and no cats.

Now... I am not a :koolaid: bro that will just tell you it is all sunshine and rainbows.
Here are the downsides:

1. Video quality in the cameras is like 80x60 pixels, quite shitty, ALMOST unusable. Not sure why it is that bad but it is. Cameras are still supremely useful but they are CHEAP.
2. Passenger seat doesn't go up and down :wtf: I am too tall and azn is too short for it
3. Brakes while amazing, seems to be not supremely linear and a bit grabby
4. Fake hoodscoop limits visibility :butwhy: even put that thing on
5. It is SMALL(ish) on the inside. No the backseat is not "smaller than a mini" that's a load of horse shit, but it is not comfortable for 4 linebackers unlike a full size truck.
6. Key fob looks cheap and dated
7. Headroom is not GREAT for the 6'5"+ crowd, I have the seat all the way down, and it doesn't seem like it gives more headroom than a comparable TRD off road without a moonroof. If you're tall you will gangsta lean a bit. But it is not worse than a JT/JL which also have headroom "issues" imo. A defender on the other hand has another 6" on top of your head, same goes for full sizers.

Overall... I LOVE IT. I am really glad I went PRO and didn't :scrooge: out, it is certainly worth it. Also, autotragic is completely fine. I have 0 issues with it. :fakenews: forum bs as always.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice. Glad you like it. Enjoy truk lyfe 😀
ChrisoftheNorth

Love that you saw the light for the breaks and transmission.

But as a fellow 6'5 linebacker, I'm going to need to disagree on seating. I have tons of headroom in the JT/JL sitting upright, and I'm forced to gangster lean in a Tacoma. I don't understand why I'm different from everyone else in the headroom department...the JT/L comment is common and I just don't get it.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 am Love that you saw the light for the breaks and transmission.

But as a fellow 6'5 linebacker, I'm going to need to disagree on seating. I have tons of headroom in the JT/JL sitting upright, and I'm forced to gangster lean in a Tacoma. I don't understand why I'm different from everyone else in the headroom department...the JT/L comment is common and I just don't get it.
When I sit back in the :wrong: 'Ler my head is at the bar. The JL has less of it than the JK. I mean this isn't a miata, so we're like debating tallest midgets, these cars are still BIG. But it is surely isn't cavernous. The Tacoma in the same light is completely fine. But it isn't BIG and SPACIOUS inside. But that's why I like about it... It is just the right size.

Also turning radius seems pretty decent on the taco, a quick search reveals its slightly tighter than the JL. And it is tighter than the 2001 model that I have, even though it's slightly bigger.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:02 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 am Love that you saw the light for the breaks and transmission.

When I sit back in the :wrong: 'Ler my head is at the bar. The JL has less of it than the JK. I mean this isn't a miata, so we're like debating tallest midgets, these cars are still BIG. But it is surely isn't cavernous. The Tacoma in the same light is completely fine. But it isn't BIG and SPACIOUS inside. But that's why I like about it... It is just the right size.

Also turning radius seems pretty decent on the taco, a quick search reveals its slightly tighter than the JL. And it is tighter than the 2001 model that I have, even though it's slightly bigger.
Must be the seat position then, my head is many inches from the bar. I could see it being problematic if my head was back that far, but I like to sit closer to the dash/steering wheel and a bit more upright so it works out great.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I also find I have more than enough head room in the :jeep: (I'm only 6'11" or so but long torso). I never could fit comfortably in :tits: Fusion so I always pay attention to that.

@Max, glad you love the :truk: man! It is certianly a cool vehicle and nice spec, should give years of good service.

I gravitate more towards :jeep: for the fun factor/convertible and such, but I can certainly understand the Tacoma desires after being in both a bunch, the braking, steering, handling, comfort are all definitely much higher and ultimately both vehicles can handle any off roading us DFDers will throw at them. As two fellow "useless bed haters" who now both own :haus: we can both also, as much as I hate to admit, see the light in the pickup bed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:05 am
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:02 am

Must be the seat position then, my head is many inches from the bar. I could see it being problematic if my head was back that far, but I like to sit closer to the dash/steering wheel and a bit more upright so it works out great.
I also sit way far up, wife if like 5'5" and I move the seat back like one or two notches.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:11 pm

I also find I have more than enough head room in the :jeep: (I'm only 6'11" or so but long torso). I never could fit comfortably in :tits: Fusion so I always pay attention to that.

@Max, glad you love the :truk: man! It is certianly a cool vehicle and nice spec, should give years of good service.

I gravitate more towards :jeep: for the fun factor/convertible and such, but I can certainly understand the Tacoma desires after being in both a bunch, the braking, steering, handling, comfort are all definitely much higher and ultimately both vehicles can handle any off roading us DFDers will throw at them. As two fellow "useless bed haters" who now both own :haus: we can both also, as much as I hate to admit, see the light in the pickup bed.
TY on the grats, I truly love this thing. Similar to how much @Detroit/Chris liked his gladiator. This is just such a great 0fg, :nice: vehicle to drive.

I do think the bed is "useless" but I wish there was a better looking functioning vehicle than the Taco in the lineup, but they don't exist. There are certainly some uses for it, but the 5' bed is fairly short, and some things i carried with the older taco won't fit into the new one.

I'd gladly get a NEW FJ, but they don't exist. I got the next best thing. No, I don't care for the 4R. It is too dated IMO.