:wrong: Soviet car reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:57 pm

There was a bit on page 18. Where I talked about charging/consumption etc. Let me know what you're curious about.
Oh I missed a post or two. Not much else to ask other than is the turd bro on the chopping block this year?
I am :notsure: if I am selling anything to be honest. I have no solid replacements for either vehicle.

The tessie build date is now march/april of FY22. :disgust:

I want to get rid of the mini ... but I have no "fun" car to replace it with... and any NEW fun car is stupid expensive or non attainable. (C8/Cayman 4.0)
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:23 pm The width in particular of almost every newer car drives me nuts... If it wasn't so damn wide then you wouldn't need the :fancy: doors to be able to park the thing.
Any car is narrow af compared to the most popular vehicle in the USA F150 full sizer
Model X is 78.7 F150 is 79.9.

1.2 inches, imperceivable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

You rent the model Y yet or nah?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Neighbor lady has a 3 without a custom plate. I should ask her how that's going for her, since she had a X parked in her driveway with the gull-wings up in full flex mode yesterday. Not sure if it's a loaner, or a fresh new purchase. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Will report anything i discover in the next day or two. Curious to see it up close in person.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:05 pm You rent the model Y yet or nah?
:hibachi:
My buddy who has 2 was going to give me one for the weekend. But his woman started bitching about it, and even though he won than fight I felt a bit awkward.

To be honest I’m not really into the Y because to me the X is superior in every way.

I was going to try and rent an I3 next because that’s the “cheap” car I was considering … yet this receives so much negative attention here that I’m not sure if I want to spend all that time taking pics/doing write up for y’all.

Because Tesla is obviously the worst car ever and only the worst people ever drive them and everyone saying anything to the contrary is :wrong:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I would P100D X or S or :gtfo: Because if Ricky Bobby is going to spend like a drunken sailor, he's going to go fast. And in doing so I would know that I was buying a luxury, futuristic thang that I would expect to cost me even more. I would expect ZERO financial win. But then, I would look at a Porshaaa 911 or Evora, and buy that instead.

As to Max's comment above, I am NOT very impressed with the Model 3 drivers I encounter. I mean, they aren't criminals who are going to shoot me like 95% of SRT drivers. But they are a fairly :disgust: lot.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:41 pm I would P100D X or S or :gtfo: Because if Ricky Bobby is going to spend like a drunken sailor, he's going to go fast. And in doing so I would know that I was buying a luxury, futuristic thang that I would expect to cost me even more. I would expect ZERO financial win. But then, I would look at a Porshaaa 911 or Evora, and buy that instead.

As to Max's comment above, I am NOT very impressed with the Model 3 drivers I encounter. I mean, they aren't criminals who are going to shoot me like 95% of SRT drivers. But they are a fairly :disgust: lot.
Well I am willing to die on this hill a bit..

Is the Subaru Owners group great? Granola/Birken rainbow flag life.
BMW owners group? Check out my Rolex and let me stretch my pay into oblivion as soon as I graduated from cell phone sales at the mall to entry level corp life.
Corvette? White socks + Hooters is my second home+ Get off my lawn type
FCA? PowaR above alley life. My Hemi is 3x the size of your baby dick motor, yet I am slower than a small turbo import because I can't put the power down life?

I mean each one comes with a world of shit. For a plethora of reasons. I don't see why Tesla is WORSE than the others. Yes it comes with a bit of shit (Shit plates, plus Elon dick suckers), but so does everything else. But it is not WORSE.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

X seems cool. Y is cheaper yeah. You also get a whack gauge situation in the 3/Y.

If the i3 does it for you, you’ll save a ton of money. They tank on the used market.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I don't see a problem with the Subaru people, except for the ones doing 5 mph under the speed limit in the left lane.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:17 pm I don't see a problem with the Subaru people, except for the ones doing 5 mph under the speed limit in the left lane.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:04 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:41 pm I would P100D X or S or :gtfo: Because if Ricky Bobby is going to spend like a drunken sailor, he's going to go fast. And in doing so I would know that I was buying a luxury, futuristic thang that I would expect to cost me even more. I would expect ZERO financial win. But then, I would look at a Porshaaa 911 or Evora, and buy that instead.

BMW owners group? Check out my Rolex and let me stretch my pay into oblivion as soon as I graduated from cell phone sales at the mall to entry level corp life.
FCA? PowaR above alley life. My Hemi is 3x the size of your baby dick motor, yet I am slower than a small turbo import because I can't put the power down life?

I mean each one comes with a world of shit. For a plethora of reasons. I don't see why Tesla is WORSE than the others. Yes it comes with a bit of shit (Shit plates, plus Elon dick suckers), but so does everything else. But it is not WORSE.
Tesla drivers are the horseless carriage guys driving past the horses in 1901. It's cool in a way. But only the :dedong: ones make me envious. I would rather buy that new Kia or Hyundai before a Model 3 or Y.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nice work here, btw.
troyguitar

I think that my wife and I are the only people I've ever met who don't vape/smoke pot, so IMO every car brand is full of junkie drivers.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Tesla drivers are the horseless carriage guys driving past the horses in 1901. It's cool in a way. But only the :dedong: ones make me envious. I would rather buy that new Kia or Hyundai before a Model 3 or Y.
It's not about making anyone envious. It is a completely different way to drive/experience a car/Car ownership. Don't knock it till you try it. Hell this is coming from a guy who DOESN'T have one. But I certainly see a ton of different advantages. The main disadvantages are still charging + cost of entry, but ignoring the rest is just :ludacris:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:23 pm I think that my wife and I are the only people I've ever met who don't vape/smoke pot, so IMO every car brand is full of junkie drivers.
I've tried it but I'm out.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 pm

It's not about making anyone envious. It is a completely different way to drive/experience a car/Car ownership. Don't knock it till you try it. Hell this is coming from a guy who DOESN'T have one. But I certainly see a ton of different advantages. The main disadvantages are still charging + cost of entry, but ignoring the rest is just :ludacris:
I would absolutely LOVE to drive one around, essentially hooning it. And I think the tech is cool. I just think the price of entry is too high vs. other available options.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:26 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 pm

I would absolutely LOVE to drive one around, essentially hooning it. And I think the tech is cool. I just think the price of entry is too high vs. other available options.
That's a tough statement to make without trying a modern (2020+ model) first. Frankly if I was looking to spend 35-55k for a vehicle I would look no where but Tesla. The rest is really difficult to justify IMO.

Of course this "requires" you to be ok with the styling which I am not willing to defend. I think it is a solid 3/7 at best and 2/7 at it's worst.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:

I'm still waiting for the equivalent of a GTI, Fiesta/Focus ST or similar. Small city-friendly hatch that doesn't suck to drive or cost $40k+ to buy.

I guess that's kind of the Bolt, but my god is that thing hideous. Used i3 could end up being the winner if they're actually sporty and prices go back down. I would like to drive one some time.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:23 pm I think that my wife and I are the only people I've ever met who don't vape/smoke pot, so IMO every car brand is full of junkie drivers.
I've tried it but I'm out.
Nah Brah. We're getting ripped wide open and then eating as many burgers as The Friendly can pump out before it wears off.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:34 pm
max225 wrote:
I'm still waiting for the equivalent of a GTI, Fiesta/Focus ST or similar. Small city-friendly hatch that doesn't suck to drive or cost $40k+ to buy.

I guess that's kind of the Bolt, but my god is that thing hideous. Used i3 could end up being the winner if they're actually sporty and prices go back down. I would like to drive one some time.
I3 is a really great vehicle if you're ok with a smaller range and would never want to road trip it. It is made of carbon fiber... (CFRP) but close enough. It was built from the ground up to be sustainable etc etc. All the materials inside are completely different from what most are used to. And it is supposedly pretty decent to drive in the later versions (I Only drove the first gen back in 2015). The 3rd gen (19+) is quite a bit nicer... it also has a ton of tech and IMO is styled better than a tesla. But once again styling is subjective.

The main issue always has been and currently is RANGE. It started of with 70 miles E range (14-16) and now at 150 (19+) it still isn't that grand even though the battery size doubled.

The ironic part is... This was IMO the last great BMW. And it ended up being a completely under-appreciated failure. BMW was way early to the market and got so many things right. But unfortunately the tech just wasn't there in 11-13 when they developed it.

Now that BMW blew all of their money on the failed I cars every other vehicle turned it a disgusting soft potato (With a few M exceptions).

As far as pricing is concerned... New they are atrociously expensive... 52-58k. But used... a 19 CPO model is 26-29k even it todays INSANE market... yet I am assuming they will dip into the teens in 1-2 years which is an insane price to pay unless you own it forever.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
Mrs. and I have never vaped or sampled Satan's lettuce, either.

I smoked a cigar once when I was 14 and drunk but have not smoked anything since.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:34 pm I'm still waiting for the equivalent of a GTI, Fiesta/Focus ST or similar. Small city-friendly hatch that doesn't suck to drive or cost $40k+ to buy.

I3 is a really great vehicle if you're ok with a smaller range and would never want to road trip it. It is made of carbon fiber... (CFRP) but close enough. It was built from the ground up to be sustainable etc etc. All the materials inside are completely different from what most are used to. And it is supposedly pretty decent to drive in the later versions (I Only drove the first gen back in 2015). The 3rd gen (19+) is quite a bit nicer... it also has a ton of tech and IMO is styled better than a tesla. But once again styling is subjective.

The main issue always has been and currently is RANGE. It started of with 70 miles E range (14-16) and now at 150 (19+) it still isn't that grand even though the battery size doubled.

The ironic part is... This was IMO the last great BMW. And it ended up being a completely under-appreciated failure. BMW was way early to the market and got so many things right. But unfortunately the tech just wasn't there in 11-13 when they developed it.

Now that BMW blew all of their money on the failed I cars every other vehicle turned it a disgusting soft potato (With a few M exceptions).

As far as pricing is concerned... New they are atrociously expensive... 52-58k. But used... a 19 CPO model is 26-29k even it todays INSANE market... yet I am assuming they will dip into the teens in 1-2 years which is an insane price to pay unless you own it forever.
Yeah I'm still debating whether I should care about the range problem. Either way a first gen i3 would technically work for my planned regular driving - I don't expect to be playing shows more than 20ish miles from home and everything else I do is within 10 miles one way.

Not being able to pack up and drive to Montreal for the summer or whatever does feel like a serious compromise even if I might never do it. I would like to have the option, it would be nice to "summer" somewhere.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:47 pm
max225 wrote:

Yeah I'm still debating whether I should care about the range problem. Either way a first gen i3 would technically work for my planned regular driving - I don't expect to be playing shows more than 20ish miles from home and everything else I do is within 10 miles one way.

Not being able to pack up and drive to Montreal for the summer or whatever does feel like a serious compromise even if I might never do it. I would like to have the option, it would be nice to "summer" somewhere.
You could always "turo" or rent during those times. I would avoid the first gen. BMW did a ton of updates from 14>19. 3 distinct refreshes all adding useful range.

What does your power cost in florida? (per kw)? If you're ok without the range extender... they can be even cheaper. In around 20-22k used for a 19+
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:05 pm You rent the model Y yet or nah?
My buddy who has 2 was going to give me one for the weekend. But his woman started bitching about it, and even though he won than fight I felt a bit awkward.

To be honest I’m not really into the Y because to me the X is superior in every way.

I was going to try and rent an I3 next because that’s the “cheap” car I was considering … yet this receives so much negative attention here that I’m not sure if I want to spend all that time taking pics/doing write up for y’all.

Because Tesla is obviously the worst car ever and only the worst people ever drive them and everyone saying anything to the contrary is :wrong:
The Tesla hate here is :lolol: to me and very much inline with the opinions in any car community I've been a part of. Yeah, there are some valid criticisms on them but I don't get the whole "OMG I could never understand why someone would spend $100k on a car that has doors that open weirdly and will obviously fail 8 years from now!" Very few people here own cars long enough to care about long term reliability so :whocares:

I'd be interested in a write up on the I3. It's been a while since I've driven one, but I remember it being a lot of fun to drive. There used to be a car share service in Seattle that only had I3s, minis, and base 3-series in their fleet so they used to be everywhere here, but they closed shop.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:09 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:26 pm

The Tesla hate here is :lolol: to me and very much inline with the opinions in any car community I've been a part of. Yeah, there are some valid criticisms on them but I don't get the whole "OMG I could never understand why someone would spend $100k on a car that has doors that open weirdly and will obviously fail 8 years from now!" Very few people here own cars long enough to care about long term reliability so :whocares:

I'd be interested in a write up on the I3. It's been a while since I've driven one, but I remember it being a lot of fun to drive. There used to be a car share service in Seattle that only had I3s, minis, and base 3-series in their fleet so they used to be everywhere here, but they closed shop.
Yea unfortunately I have had a tough time finding a 19+ I3 REX (range extender) that is available for rent in the area. I found a very reasonable all electric I3... but I am :notsure: I want to do that because I really wanted to try the REX... then again it is factory programmed to turn on at 6% of charge only... which won't even get me home since I live on a giant hill... so It seems rather pointless.