:wrong: Soviet car reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:57 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:53 pm Im getting quite :disappoint: with the way mercedes sets it up. From shit potholed rides (even the rental rav4 and the shitty ass Rouge Sport rode bumps far better than what you described). Also your rant on the shit ride echo's driving my mom's old f10 535i with shit-flat tires too. This should not happen on premium vehicles unless they're AMG or M. Sad thing is people that show off will get these regardless of those issues, mostly above their means because it's a mercedes, the best or nothing. It might have to do with a base model as far as that goes, knowing the GLE could have air suspension on higher trims. :iono:

That auto start stop is badly designed, the aforementioned BMW never turned off AC when engine turns off, now with my Renault, with the A/C on whenever I come to a full stop, it gives me a message on dash saying "the climate control is on, we can't turn off the engine". I like my auto start/stop but it's mostly turned off, I only use it when traffic is really bad, enough to not move for over a minute.
I am sure mine didn't have air ride, but frankly it doesn't need it. It mainly improves things under load conditions. I.E eliminates squat etc. But the issue is the giant :ramz: 19" wheels on a base model family SUV. Give me a fking break. I'd rather have it come with 17"s but a front facing camera.
:dat: makes no sense to go that big.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:33 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Affirmative... compass and an epic touch screen Mercedes app based thing. That activates every time you say MERCEDES. It goes off like siri and tries to "help". For example...

You can say "Hey Mercedes set my house to 80F" and it will warm up the man/woman cave so that the flavor of the night is comfortable by the time you get home.
:impressive: I guess but I find "the internet of things" to be :disgust:
Unpopular personal opinion, I know...
:mahman: :thankyou:

Also... $60K for a Mercedes with fucking plastic wheel arches? That is hideous and belongs on poverty spec :jeep: / CrossTrek.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:29 am

Also... $60K for a Mercedes with fucking plastic wheel arches? That is hideous and belongs on poverty spec :jeep: / CrossTrek.
The retail on this piece of shit is truly felonious.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:55 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:29 am

Harsh words from a fellow Dr Benz connoisseur
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:55 am

He is rocking the ultimate :scrooge: :waxer: Benz :doe:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:19 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:46 pm
He is rocking the ultimate :scrooge: :waxer: Benz :doe:
:dat: 1/9 the price, 90X better looking than this Hawaiian mom wagon.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Affirmative... compass and an epic touch screen Mercedes app based thing. That activates every time you say MERCEDES. It goes off like siri and tries to "help". For example...

You can say "Hey Mercedes set my house to 80F" and it will warm up the man/woman cave so that the flavor of the night is comfortable by the time you get home.
Everything has it's place.

I personally like having a connected thermostat and wifi switches specifically for the bedroom. Getting in bed and asking the lights to turn off is nice. Better is realizing the thermostat needs to be turned down and not needing to get out of bed to do it. Outside of that, meh.

But in a car? It's just a fucking distraction. But I actually hate simple "advancements" like auto climate control. The CT has made me remember that...I don't care if it's 72.5 in the car, if I want hot air, I get hot air, if I want cold, I get cold. WAY easier to just turn a nob than set the auto shit. I sure as hell don't want to have to tell the car. Just make the interfaces more simple. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Just sharing the feature set available on the vehicle. obviously crank windows and no P/S are best bets y'all.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm Just sharing the feature set available on the vehicle. obviously crank windows and no P/S are best bets y'all.
I find it interesting. I'm responsible for planning on a vehicle that kind of competes with this thing. I've looked at these giant feature lists and thought exactly what you confirmed...it's too much at times, and not enough at other times. The luxury vehicle market makes no sense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:54 pm

I personally like having a connected thermostat and wifi switches specifically for the bedroom. Getting in bed and asking the lights to turn off is nice. Better is realizing the thermostat needs to be turned down and not needing to get out of bed to do it. Outside of that, meh.

But in a car? It's just a fucking distraction. But I actually hate simple "advancements" like auto climate control. The CT has made me remember that...I don't care if it's 72.5 in the car, if I want hot air, I get hot air, if I want cold, I get cold. WAY easier to just turn a nob than set the auto shit. I sure as hell don't want to have to tell the car. Just make the interfaces more simple. :iono:
I haven't had a non 'auto climate' car in a while but I definitely agree. The 'three knob setup' has not yet been improved upon IMO.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:18 pm

I haven't had a non 'auto climate' car in a while but I definitely agree. The 'three knob setup' has not yet been improved upon IMO.
I have yet to use the “automatic” function in any of my cars. I just have it on AC for 3 months and that’s it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:20 pm

I have yet to use the “automatic” function in any of my cars. I just have it on AC for 11 months and that’s it.
Me too.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:27 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:20 pm

I have yet to use the “automatic” function in any of my cars. I just have it on AC for 11 months and that’s it.
Me too.
When’s the last time you used the heat ?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:27 pm

Me too.
When’s the last time you used the heat ?
I used heat in December and January first part of Feb in the AM. Gets down to the 40's sometimes and particularly if left outside (MBZ) the car is chilly in the morning. I also hit the heated seat button to start.
Make no mistake about it, living in the desert for 16 years has turned me into a giant flaming vijayjay about cold, although the new place on the coast may help me get my balls back.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm Just sharing the feature set available on the vehicle. obviously crank windows and no P/S are best bets y'all.
:mahtroy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

This is my first three knob vehicle in...5 years? Even my C5 had that shitty "auto" climate control. I forgot how great and easy the three knobs are. It's a shame they're viewed as such poverty.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:05 am

This is my first three knob vehicle in...5 years? Even my C5 had that shitty "auto" climate control. I forgot how great and easy the three knobs are. It's a shame they're viewed as such poverty.
I three knob/lever it in the Brahhoe. It also has no cabin filter, which makes it the only vehicle I own that doesn't get sweat sock smell in the HVAC
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My C5 has the :fancy: shit too. The dual zone thing is sort of useful... but other than that, it is dumb. It's not like 72F is just always optimal anyway, so many factors come into play... just let me decide where I want the air, how much of it, and how warm it should be.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:27 am
My C5 has the :fancy: shit too. The dual zone thing is sort of useful... but other than that, it is dumb. It's not like 72F is just always optimal anyway, so many factors come into play... just let me decide where I want the air, how much of it, and how warm it should be.
I don't think the C5 has a true dual setting (even though it is indicated) there was something about that was mentioned on the C5 forums, and to be honest... How do you keep a tiny cabin like that at different temps left to right. You're like 6" apart from one another.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:42 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:27 am

I don't think the C5 has a true dual setting (even though it is indicated) there was something about that was mentioned on the C5 forums, and to be honest... How do you keep a tiny cabin like that at different temps left to right. You're like 6" apart from one another.
It just there to appease your old lady.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:02 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:42 am

Probably :notwrong:

ALthough the car is really wide, I don't see how you're any closer to the passenger than any other car. I think the concept of the "zones" actually being a different climate is :bs: , but having warmer air blowing on one person can be nice. Last night, we went out to dinner in the Beep Beep. It was beautiful here high of 70 and sunny, so I was working on the patio all day. We went topless in the Beep Beep but after sitting outside in high 60s in the shade for hours, I was chilly, so I had hot air blowing on me, which made the roof off experience really nice. My wife was not cold, so her air temp was matching that of outside.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:00 pm

ALthough the car is really wide, I don't see how you're any closer to the passenger than any other car. I think the concept of the "zones" actually being a different climate is :bs: , but having warmer air blowing on one person can be nice. Last night, we went out to dinner in the Beep Beep. It was beautiful here high of 70 and sunny, so I was working on the patio all day. We went topless in the Beep Beep but after sitting outside in high 60s in the shade for hours, I was chilly, so I had hot air blowing on me, which made the roof off experience really nice. My wife was not cold, so her air temp was matching that of outside.
In 4 pics of you and wifey topless .... :hubba:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:02 pm

In 4 pics of you and wifey topless .... :hubba:
:lolol: :nope: :iswydt:
max225

The bigger the cabin the less of an impact. In some larger vehicles like current full sizers you can have a difference as large as Hawaii and Scranton on the average day. But in a small sports car you’re breathing each other’s farts on the reg