Your favorite car movie ever made?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Maybe list a few if you can't pick....

For me:

FF Tokyo drift (the franchise is dead to me after that movie). I love this movie on many levels, i must have watched it 10x, and I don't think there is another movie I can say this about. (Although I do prefer other movies for "movies" sake but not for car movies).

Why do I love it so much ? I actually really enjoy the storyline. I love JAPAN, it was my favorite travel spot by fav out of many MANY places in the world. I also happen to really like the time frame, which was around the time I first started driving ... Lots of attention on cars/women/racing which has been since lost. SAD!


Image
Last edited by max225 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Also :wrong:

User avatar
Gberg2119
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3114
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: Misfiring Egg
Location: Philly

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:46 pm

max225 wrote:Also :wrong:
:dat: Most definitely :dat:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk


User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 7715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: Turbo Beetle, AWD Egg, JLU
Location: Gas Price Leader, USA.

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Back in 1987/88 there was a movie with Charlie Sheen called No Man's Land that I saw about 50 times on HBO in a month. I liked it a lot, but I'm not sure it would hold up today. Basically it was about hookers, blow, and stealing Porsches.

I liked the original Gone in 60 Seconds , Bullitt, and Days of Motherfucking Thunder.

:)

I never really liked any of the FF movies.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 7715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: Turbo Beetle, AWD Egg, JLU
Location: Gas Price Leader, USA.

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Can't wait for Ford v Ferrari, I hope it is done well.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25922
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: CookieMonster
Location: NJ

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm
Can't wait for Ford v Ferrari, I hope it is done well.
:dat:

User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25922
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: CookieMonster
Location: NJ

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Rush is definitely one of my favorites. Cranking up the volume for some old school F1 action :jimp:

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 7715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: Turbo Beetle, AWD Egg, JLU
Location: Gas Price Leader, USA.

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Apex wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm
Can't wait for Ford v Ferrari, I hope it is done well.
:dat:
Just realized it's out tomorrow. This year has flown by.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
troyguitar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle
Location: Hoth

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:58 pm

SHAKE AND BAKE

or

Hit the pace car

:notsure: which yet, that's a tough question.

User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25922
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: CookieMonster
Location: NJ

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:58 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Apex wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 pm


:dat:
Just realized it's out tomorrow. This year has flown by.
The year has gone :plaid:

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15332
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm
Can't wait for Ford v Ferrari, I hope it is done well.
going Friday, might be a new #1 for me.


do documentaries count? if so Truth in 24.

if not....
toss between new gone in 60 seconds and fast and furious
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15332
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Apex wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Rush is definitely one of my favorites. Cranking up the volume for some old school F1 action :jimp:
I don't know why but rush didn't rustle my Jimmy's
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Apex wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Rush is definitely one of my favorites. Cranking up the volume for some old school F1 action :jimp:
Rush was really good!

User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25922
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: CookieMonster
Location: NJ

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:03 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm
Apex wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Rush is definitely one of my favorites. Cranking up the volume for some old school F1 action :jimp:
I don't know why but rush didn't rustle my Jimmy's
:sad:

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:04 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:52 pm
Back in 1987/88 there was a movie with Charlie Sheen called No Man's Land that I saw about 50 times on HBO in a month. I liked it a lot, but I'm not sure it would hold up today. Basically it was about hookers, blow, and stealing Porsches.

I liked the original Gone in 60 Seconds , Bullitt, and Days of Motherfucking Thunder.

:)

I never really liked any of the FF movies.
OOO gonna take a peep. I guess it is a documentary about his life... :lol: All fun and games until that Tiger blood runs out.

User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25922
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: CookieMonster
Location: NJ

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:04 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm
Can't wait for Ford v Ferrari, I hope it is done well.
going Friday, might be a new #1 for me.


do documentaries count? if so Truth in 24.

if not....
toss between new gone in 60 seconds and fast and furious
Truth in 24 is such a kick ass documentary.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:06 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:58 pm
SHAKE AND BAKE

or

Hit the pace car

:notsure: which yet, that's a tough question.
:wat: is shake and bake? Ballad of Ricky Bobby?
:wat: is hit the pacecar ? Days of thunder?

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:07 pm

I'd rather keep this to movies and not documentaries... Senna is the one that's odd... since it is sort of both... But I didn't really like the pace of it.

User avatar
troyguitar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle
Location: Hoth

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:18 pm

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:58 pm
SHAKE AND BAKE

or

Hit the pace car

:notsure: which yet, that's a tough question.
:wat: is shake and bake? Ballad of Ricky Bobby?
:wat: is hit the pacecar ? Days of thunder?
Yes.

I think that I'd pick Talladega Nights if I had to pick a single favorite.

Always remember: If you ain't first, you're last.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Was Talladega nights supposed to be a satire? I need to re-watch it again.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: Das Scheißkiste
Location: 2' Underwater

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Car movies?

The Fast & The Furious
Gone in 60 Seconds

Movies with awesome car chase scene?

Ronin

Movie with a car main character?

Christine

Documentary Movie?

Senna

Fictionalized Documentaries?

Tucker
Rush

Cartoon?

Cars

Honorable mentions:

The Transporter
Blues Brothers
The Italian Job
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: Das Scheißkiste
Location: 2' Underwater

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:34 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm
Can't wait for Ford v Ferrari, I hope it is done well.
going Friday, might be a new #1 for me.


do documentaries count? if so Truth in 24.

if not....
toss between new gone in 60 seconds and fast and furious
Yeah, Ford vs. Ferrari looks to be highly entertaining.
I'm very much excited to go see this.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2914
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm

HOLD MY JB WELD/BEER. I got this

THE NEW BARBARIANS had the best modded cars, car chase scenes, and costumes out of any car movie made in HISTORY.
COME AND FIGHT ME BRO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCpvZNUEazQ
Last edited by Acid666 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26209
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Acid666 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm
HOLD MY JB WELD/BEER. I got this

THE NEW BARBARIANS had the best modded cars, car chase scenes, and costumes out of any car movie made in HISTORY.
COME AND FIGHT ME BRO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVlYMBE ... annel=null
:wtf: why is there a Rubic's cube video

User avatar
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2914
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm

max225 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:54 pm
Acid666 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm
HOLD MY JB WELD/BEER. I got this

THE NEW BARBARIANS had the best modded cars, car chase scenes, and costumes out of any car movie made in HISTORY.
COME AND FIGHT ME BRO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCpvZNUEazQ
:wtf: why is there a Rubic's cube video

LOLOL. I sent that to someone doing Solidworks parts of a Rubik's cube and needed a visual. My copypasta musta not taken. I fixed the link tee
And in case any of you are doubting The New Barbarians... You apparently don't appreciate the aura of what it's like to film Mad Max with a 3rd world country budget in the middle of a Kmart

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest