Define :plac:

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

What is plac ?

Changing a working vehicle for another or adding a vehicle you don’t need?
95%
Only if it happens to be gti to Charger to gti to Charger to charger to gti to wrx
5%

Total votes: 22
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:24 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:15 am

I wish I could get a job in finance. I hate the oil industry.
Man, I've found it's really hard to change industries once you're established in one. Really :|
Get into sales and you can get a job selling anything if you can sell.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Man, I've found it's really hard to change industries once you're established in one. Really :|
Yeah I know. File that under things I should have been told in college.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:10 am
Apex wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:07 am I’m coming around on the WFH bennies...
It would also let me :haus: a bit further away from the office ZFG.
I am enjoying it but also very bored and unmotivated. :iono: it's a mixed blessing. My ideal gig would be like 50/50 WFH/travel.
That was my pre-covid setup, closer to 10% corporate office, 60% travel/custy site, 30% WFH

Now I'm 95% WFH and 5% CS. Things are ramping up in the land of Rav4s, saw them interview management on the news last night. This week employees return and get accustomed to their new PPE and processes. It was a cool to watch. :excited:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:27 am
I'm a TERRIBLE salesperson. I can't make small talk, I can't convince people to buy anything, and I'm not really a go getter "the phone is a slot machine" type thing.

Now, helping people buy stuff? That's different. I'd love sales if it were a matter of helping people buy the right product/services to fit their needs. I actually enjoy that part, but from my limited experience, that's a very small part of sales.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 am

I'm a TERRIBLE salesperson. I can't make small talk, I can't convince people to buy anything, and I'm not really a go getter "the phone is a slot machine" type thing.

Now, helping people buy stuff? That's different. I'd love sales if it were a matter of helping people buy the right product/services to fit their needs. I actually enjoy that part, but from my limited experience, that's a very small part of sales.
People naturally hate me haha. I cant sell shit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The latter is definitely the most fun part of it, but not the majority part. The biggest thing is really just keeping meticulous notes and always following up and doing what you said you would do. Small talk is often unnecessary but it really depends on the customer. Most people seem to find someone who just sort of gets down to business refreshing I think.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Very true. I've only managed to do it once in my 33+ year professional career.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Buy cars for :waxer: s that hate dealerships.