Define :plac:

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

What is plac ?

Changing a working vehicle for another or adding a vehicle you don’t need?
95%
Only if it happens to be gti to Charger to gti to Charger to charger to gti to wrx
5%

Total votes: 22
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Make your voice heard, majority wins.

Is buying a new/used vehicle when the other vehicle is still functional? A :plac:

To me he was the pinnacle but there are shades of gray to the story.

Most of us won’t just buy a pointless object that equates to an annual take home pay every couple of months, but we sure do things that are derivatives of said motions.

He was the personification of what we do at a :fullretard: level but boy have I done stupid shit when it comes to cars and lighting money on fire though. Rip 370z
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

THE MINORITIES ALWAYS WIN

:rage: :fshitup:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:plac: is an umbrella term now. :wasteful: or not a :plac: = a transaction of motorized vehicle.
max225

dubshow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:43 am THE MINORITIES ALWAYS WIN

:rage: :fshitup:
Make
Your
Vote
Cunt
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I voted for first, but remember we knew :plac: when he switches back and forth on the same car, then had different cars in the past and recently a WRX. Yes most of us have tendency to :plac: but we don't put ourselves in a debt or a huge debt for that matter for the sake of it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 am I voted for first, but remember we knew :plac: when he switches back and forth on the same car, then had different cars in the past and recently a WRX. Yes most of us have tendency to :plac: but we don't put ourselves in a debt or a huge debt for that matter for the sake of it.
he is a god among :plac: s
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:37 am Make your voice heard, majority wins.

Is buying a new/used vehicle when the other vehicle is still functional? A :plac:

100% yes
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 am I voted for first, but remember we knew :plac: when he switches back and forth on the same car, then had different cars in the past and recently a WRX. Yes most of us have tendency to :plac: but we don't put ourselves in a debt or a huge debt for that matter for the sake of it.
That's a good point, too. Does the transaction have to make horrible financial sense to be considered a :plac: move? In other words, by this definition, anything :waxer: does is not :plac: because he can do it without ever causing him to being down to his last bag of peas.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:55 am
That's a good point, too. Does the transaction have to make horrible financial sense to be considered a :plac: move? In other words, by this definition, anything :waxer: does is not :plac: because he can do it without ever causing him to being down to his last bag of peas.
That’s what we’re here to decide.

Once again to me :plac: just means it’s a car transaction does a car enthusiast. Which means it’s done out of want not need.
This forum skews far closer to :plac: than the average :derp: but there are shades of gray.
From :wap: to [user not found] those are our shades of gray.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be financial in nature because finances don’t drive :plac: , obviously
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I mean... I would argue that pretty much every car transaction anyone on here has made recently outside of maybe the :melon: :tits: Kia Soul makes no financial sense.

I bought a BMW when I could've just continued to daily the C5, costs me $400+/month in depreciation/insurance/maintenance.
Detroit bought two expensive :jeep: when he owned a paid for Volt.
Max bought Mini instead of Civic Sport.
[user not found]... don't need to explain this one.
Troy sold cool RX8 and lit $8K on fire for a Lincoln that he won't be able to sell for more than $4K when he :plac: in short order.
:wap: could've driven the Shaturn for near free- it had a new trans.

Most car purchases are :wasteful: but we do it because we enjoy cars/nice things.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:25 pm

I mean... I would argue that pretty much every car transaction anyone on here has made recently outside of maybe the :melon: :tits: Kia Soul makes no financial sense.

I bought a BMW when I could've just continued to daily the C5, costs me $400+/month in depreciation/insurance/maintenance.
Troy sold cool RX8 and lit $8K on fire for a Lincoln that he won't be able to sell for more than $4K when he :plac: in short order.

Most car purchases are :wasteful: but we do it because we enjoy cars/nice things.
:notwrong:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

No, none of it made finiacial sense. It's always cheaper to keep her.

The only anti :plac: move this year was me, and let's be honest it was to reduce monthly cash outlay that I was making due to past :plac: sins anyway, so it was :plac: related.

There are degrees of :plac: but keeping the car you drive now and fixing it for people at our income levels is always cheaper than trading up to the newer car for more reliable transportation among other things. And yes, there is value in that, but it's not the 100% best way to save money.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I know all mine have been :plac: deals, but I don't think any of us will ever be at the level of the actual :plac: I think they would be run off if they were a member here and acted that way.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm I know all mine have been :plac: deals, but I don't think any of us will ever be at the level of the actual :plac: I think they would be run off if they were a member here and acted that way.
:dat:
max225

:dat: I actually don't NEED A CAR. I literally wasted 25k, I could have easily permaborrowed my fiances TSX and driven it to 400/500k miles. As she takes the train to work and the car just sits anyways. But no... I had to have my own POS.
max225

Also impressive alignment on :plac: definition remaining as is 10/10
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:17 pm Also impressive alignment on :plac: definition remaining as is 10/10
5/7
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm I know all mine have been :plac: deals, but I don't think any of us will ever be at the level of the actual :plac: I think they would be run off if they were a member here and acted that way.
:crang:

i like the self regulating membershit flow.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:16 pm

:dat: I actually don't NEED A CAR. I literally wasted 25k, I could have easily permaborrowed my fiances TSX and driven it to 400/500k miles. As she takes the train to work and the car just sits anyways. But no... I had to have my own POS.
:whocares: :wasteful:

And I dont need a beater :truk: , :gorf: , project rabbit , grom, racekor and forgotten shell of a racekor.

but here we are.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm

And I dont need a beater :truk: , :gorf: , project rabbit , grom, racekor and forgotten shell of a racekor.

but here we are.
Don't forget the boat
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:44 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm

but here we are.
Don't forget the boat
non-wheeled vehicle :doe:

:fancy: :dubshow:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I still think leasing should be exempt...unless offing a lease before term.

So are vehicles owned for 10+ years facing costly repairs. At some point, dumping more money than a car's worth into it to keep it running is stupid.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

This is the most pedantic thing ever to be discussed on DFD.

I think it's swapping any vehicle, for any amount of money.
Lease = :plac: You're usually trading in something, spending money on something else.
Buy = :plac: This can be cars, houses, boats, wives, children, organs, Tv's anything.

:plac: = Image
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm I still think leasing should be exempt...unless offing a lease before term.

So are vehicles owned for 10+ years facing costly repairs. At some point, dumping more money than a car's worth into it to keep it running is stupid.
:lolol:

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Even if I move to Manhattan, I'm still gonna have my own car, except it is most likely something NFG or anything Johnny P desires. When I grew up in the city, my parents had one car, mom took the subway and dad drove for only 2 miles. We still needed the car when we have to go somewhere on the weekends or anywhere in the city where public transport isn't accessible nor rush hour. Although some of my Istanbul friends who have no desire to get a license fail to understand why I like cars.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.