The Ultimate DD

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:32 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 am
Oh, totally. That was a huge motivator in picking it up. We won't miss any camping trips now.

But I'm not taking it wheeling...at least not without :tits: She won't even let me drive it on the street because it's "her baby".

:rolleyes: whatever. At least she loves it more than any other vehicle she's had since we've been together.
Does it feature the heated steering wheel?

Ssshhhhhhhh she hasn't noticed
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:37 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:32 am

Does it feature the heated steering wheel?

:lolgasm:

:bruh:

This feature is so critical to her that the very first thing she did when getting into the vehicle for the test drive was look for the heated steering wheel button. It was 80 degrees out, and she activated it to time how long it took to get hot...BEFORE EVEN PUTTING THE THING IN GEAR. It needed to be deemed acceptable or the test drive wasn't going to happen at all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:08 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:37 am

This feature is so critical to her that the very first thing she did when getting into the vehicle for the test drive was look for the heated steering wheel button. It was 80 degrees out, and she activated it to time how long it took to get hot...BEFORE EVEN PUTTING THE THING IN GEAR. It needed to be deemed acceptable or the test drive wasn't going to happen at all.
So what was the result of her testing? The Acadia Denali takes about 1/4 mile to begin feeling warm.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

So what was the result of her testing? The Acadia Denali takes about 1/4 mile to begin feeling warm.
She said it was the fastest of any vehicle she's been in. Took about 30 seconds before additional warmth could be detected. Then the test drive could proceed...during which she determined the JL to be the best vehicle she's ever driven.

BTW, drove the thing at night this weekend, the LED headlights are absolutely fantastic. She started driving without them on, and they seemed rather dim. I asked if she switched the headlights on, and she said no...then she did and it was like daytime. More remarkable though was how much light the accent lights (halos and fenders) put off...it rivaled my Colorado. :lolol:

I already know I'm going to miss the LEDs on my JT. Dammit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

:lolol:

No heated wheel =

She goes full blown :triggered: tantrum on no heated wheel.

:triggered: :triggered: :triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
:triggered: :hellno: :hellno: :hellno: :triggered:
:triggered: :hellno: :rage: :hellno: :triggered:
:triggered: :hellno: :hellno: :hellno: :triggered:
:triggered: :triggered: :triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

She said it was the fastest of any vehicle she's been in. Took about 30 seconds before additional warmth could be detected. Then the test drive could proceed...during which she determined the JL to be the best vehicle she's ever driven.

BTW, drove the thing at night this weekend, the LED headlights are absolutely fantastic. She started driving without them on, and they seemed rather dim. I asked if she switched the headlights on, and she said no...then she did and it was like daytime. More remarkable though was how much light the accent lights (halos and fenders) put off...it rivaled my Colorado. :lolol:

Assume my dad will be happy with the one in his 300 then. I'm thinking about getting led bulbs for his car too as it's just halogen projectors. Won't be as good as the factory HIDs but should still be an improvement. He's in love with the car so FCA FTW :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:23 am

Man, I told you... the upgraded lights are mission critical. :bruh:
Yea, I fucked up. Not sure how bad the halogens are, but after experiencing the LEDz :|

At least it's only a year lease, and I can correct this transgression next year.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 am

Assume my dad will be happy with the one in his 300 then. I'm thinking about getting led bulbs for his car too as it's just halogen projectors. Won't be as good as the factory HIDs but should still be an improvement. He's in love with the car so FCA FTW :fuckyeah:
The wheel heating tech is likely common between the two, so yea...he should be happy.

Glad he loves the car! The halogen projectors might be good enough. Just don't let him experience factory HID/LED. :mindblown:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:28 am

Yea, I fucked up. Not sure how bad the halogens are, but after experiencing the LEDz :|

At least it's only a year lease, and I can correct this transgression next year.
I mean it hasn't been built yet right? Just call the assembly line and tell them just hook you up.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:31 am

I mean it hasn't been built yet right? Just call the assembly line and tell them just hook you up.
:dat:
If it hasn’t been built, could be time to get that adjusted.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:29 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 am

The wheel heating tech is likely common between the two, so yea...he should be happy.

Glad he loves the car! The halogen projectors might be good enough. Just don't let him experience factory HID/LED. :mindblown:
Yep they're ok enough. The only thing he still questions is how good the h/k option is but we couldn't find one optioned with it within 500 miles. $500 worth of HIDs, sound deadening, and aftermarket speakers would make the car everything he wanted.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

+2 it’s one of the must haves on the 60k msrp vehicle. All or nothin
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Ye olde DFD headlight circle jerk.

Never change DFD; never change
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:51 am

Can't change the order now, right?
Probably could...but that would bump it out of its current schedule and who knows when it would be rescheduled. It's already taken long enough IMO.

It's only a year. I'm actually curious to see how bad the halogens are vs. the LEDs living with them. If LEDs end up being critical, I'll just order them on the next one.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:45 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:21 pm Ye olde DFD headlight circle jerk.

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:33 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:51 am

Can't change the order now, right?
Probably could...but that would bump it out of its current schedule and who knows when it would be rescheduled. It's already taken long enough IMO.

It's only a year. I'm actually curious to see how bad the halogens are vs. the LEDs living with them. If LEDs end up being critical, I'll just order them on the next one.
Can you sell your JT once the lease is nearing its end? Or do these have to go back to corporate?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:11 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Can you sell your JT once the lease is nearing its end? Or do these have to go back to corporate?
Would go back to corporate and then get plinko'd through the corporate auction, where it then ends up at some dealer as an exec demo.
Can actually sell it to someone or buy it yourself if you want. It just needs to be in use as a corporate lease vehicle for 3 mos minimum.

That was (and still may be) my plan if I end up really liking it. There's a solid discount for mileage, so I could probably end up buying it for significantly under what I would have been able to using employee pricing.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

No heated wheel =

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:14 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Would go back to corporate and then get plinko'd through the corporate auction, where it then ends up at some dealer as an exec demo.
Can actually sell it to someone or buy it yourself if you want. It just needs to be in use as a corporate lease vehicle for 3 mos minimum.

That was (and still may be) my plan if I end up really liking it. There's a solid discount for mileage, so I could probably end up buying it for significantly under what I would have been able to using employee pricing.
That is an interesting loop hole... lease for cheap, put as many miles on as possible, then buy for cheaper? I like it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So I'm not the only one who doesn't GAF?

When I was getting the BMW many here ranted about how terrible their halogens are and :iono: , it seems fine to me. The :poorvette: is not great, but every other car I've had made after 1995 seems fine to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:14 pm

That is an interesting loop hole... lease for cheap, put as many miles on as possible, then buy for cheaper? I like it.
Yep. I will very likely exploit that loophole at some point.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am She said it was the fastest of any vehicle she's been in. Took about 30 seconds before additional warmth could be detected. Then the test drive could proceed...during which she determined the JL to be the best vehicle she's ever driven.
Yeah, it is fast and makes my wife happy too, and it rarely gets cold here when she's driving.
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am BTW, drove the thing at night this weekend, the LED headlights are absolutely fantastic. She started driving without them on, and they seemed rather dim. I asked if she switched the headlights on, and she said no...then she did and it was like daytime. More remarkable though was how much light the accent lights (halos and fenders) put off...it rivaled my Colorado. :lolol:

Man, I don't know why you guys don't listen to me. I've said from the start the LEDs are not an option, they are a requirement. but noooo.... you guys don't trust me and want to save the $900. :dislike:

:hue:
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am She said it was the fastest of any vehicle she's been in. Took about 30 seconds before additional warmth could be detected. Then the test drive could proceed...during which she determined the JL to be the best vehicle she's ever driven.
Yeah, it is fast and makes my wife happy too, and it rarely gets cold here when she's driving.
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am BTW, drove the thing at night this weekend, the LED headlights are absolutely fantastic. She started driving without them on, and they seemed rather dim. I asked if she switched the headlights on, and she said no...then she did and it was like daytime. More remarkable though was how much light the accent lights (halos and fenders) put off...it rivaled my Colorado. :lolol:

Man, I don't know why you guys don't listen to me. I've said from the start the LEDs are not an option, they are a requirement. but noooo.... you guys don't trust me and want to save the $900. :dislike:

:howdareu: offer advise based on real life experience!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:32 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:57 pm

:howdareu: offer advise based on real life experience!
:dat: :disappoint: