Favorite Car

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:20 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:51 pm 1) 86.5 Scirocco 16V
2) :turboyaris:
3) 70 Beetle modded
4) 99 GTI 2.Slo

I haven't owned that many cars. :(
Wow... oldest :wap: on the forum with the fewest number of cars... :notsure:

You forgot to list your Model T :doe:
I know.
:shame:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Irish wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:25 pm

:lol:

Cant believe this didn't make the list, I thought Fred was your brother Fappy?

:lolol:

He's actually my great great great great great great great great grandson.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

1. It wasn't technically mine I guess but I was the sole driver of it for like 2-3 years. 1999 F-150. It was a bright red stepside supercab with the 4.6L mustang engine and rear wheel drive. It made V8 noises, it could go anywhere, it could haul my mountain bikes, could haul my friends, had a bench seat where my sister's friends liked to sit :hubba: and I drove that thing absolutely everywhere. I totaled it when it was 5 years old or something with 80k miles. It had absolutely zero go wrong with it in that time frame. Best made vehicle I've ever owned.

It looked just like this one, only it was an XLT without the tube steps.

2. My current STI. I love this car so much. It's a back road riot, it sounds incredible, it always makes me smile when I get out of it and I get in it just to drive around and braap. The gas mileage sucks, it rides rough, and it's a little tricky to drive it smoothly when you're just pootling around. It'll have to go eventually because I need something that can cope with horrific infrastructure a little better.

GRAND CANYON OF GIVING A FUCK

Last place is a tie between my 2010 GTI and my 2000 Ford Focus. I'm inclined to say I miss the Focus more, but it was a broken piece of shit just like my VW was. The Focus got me into cars I guess, it was my first manual, and I autocrossed it, put a race suspension on it, etc.. Still a piece of shit. My GTI was a fucking turd but I enjoyed it when it worked right. It was the most rage-inducing vehicle to drive between shit constantly buzzing, rattling, and broken, and the constant misfiring, sluggish acceleration, and heat soak. Just an all around poorly engineered thing.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:57 pm

I know.
You've only owned VWs? :sad:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:41 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:57 pm

I know.
You've only owned VWs? :sad:
Yep.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

1. MK7 GTI. It’s the only car I’ve ever owned that I would replace with the same thing if it got totaled out. Sport trim level is perfect. It’s just a complete package of refinement, build quality, sharp looks, performance and character. A set of summer tires and the tune pushes it just over the edge for me... it’s a true one trick pony.
2. FR-S. Clinical, sharp and rewarding. I had 60,000 miles of seat time and it absolutely made me a better driver. I love driving slow cars fast, this is absolutely the best slow fast sports car out there.
3. Renegade Trailhawk. It has more character and quirk than my Mini had, goes off road and enables our mountain biking addiction. It’s slow, loud and coarse, but it’s a great package.
4. FoST. Front wheel drive muscle car and absolute riot to hoon around like an idiot, especially after the Ford Racing/Mountune tune and go fast bits.
5. 16 Silverado. Big, plush, comfy, loaded. I need a truck again in my life.
6. B5 A4 because I grew up watching Touring Car racing and I got to pretend to be Frank Biela for two years.

Everything else has just been an appliance.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I'll have to make a list tomorrow. :popcorn:

Good thread
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:31 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:42 pm

Reporting you to you for use of slang not contained in the DFD Thesaurus.... :disappoint:
Dat terrorist spec.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Mine would have to be my old 2003 Mach1, followed closely by my 2002 Corvette.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:35 am Mine would have to be my old 2003 Mach1, followed closely by my 2002 Corvette.
Those Mach 1's were cool AF.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

BY FAR, my favorite cars were the MIatee.

I had a 94 with a MP62 supercharger, megasquirt, coilover on koins, the whole 9. it was the best, the one that got away, that I should have never sold.

the 91 was a bit more of a basket case but still fun as hell, even with only 100hp!

Second favorite car is the current :mk6: Its my ride or die, and really the best car for me at this point in life.

3. The 16v swapped cabriolet. Such a hoot, such a cheap car

4. mk4 golf TDI. Many, many cheap road trips were had.

5. BMW Z4, such an epic car.
2-5 are all pretty close in the joy of ownership spectrum. For smiles per gallon the :mk6: or the cabby have to be the first loosers :doe:

these were cars that I had, but didnt have strong feels
6. 2013 mustang gt

7. Turbo Ford fuckus. Could have been more fun if i had it longer. Good cars for thier time period (it was an 01)

8. green kit car

9. truck

10. silver kit car

240sx racecar does not count as a car. But many good times were had with it.
brain go brrrrrr
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:37 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:35 am Mine would have to be my old 2003 Mach1, followed closely by my 2002 Corvette.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd still have it. I got a bur up my butt and decided I wanted a Vette, as it would've been a better platform for track day/autocross car. Damn thing was almost paid off, and I had $2k in suspension parts waiting to be installed on it when I traded it in on the Vette.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:43 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:37 am
If I had it to do all over again, I'd still have it. I got a bur up my butt and decided I wanted a Vette, as it would've been a better platform for track day/autocross car. Damn thing was almost paid off, and I had $2k in suspension parts waiting to be installed on it when I traded it in on the Vette.
Those Mach 1s were awesome indeed. The C5 is definitely a better track platform but far less special... that’s the one thing with C5s, truly done a dozen cars.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Those Mach 1s were screamers
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:neat: to see what everyone’s favorites have been and funny a lot of them seem based on life at the time and what we associate the cars with.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote::neat: to see what everyone’s favorites have been and funny a lot of them seem based on life at the time and what we associate the cars with.
:word:

Making the list made me realize that I probably don't really want a C8 even if I had the cash. No :manuel: no care. I guess Evora 400 is the semi-attainable "dream car" now.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

My favorite is my GTO, by far. I had bought an 05 back in 2006, and when it got wrecked in 2011, I bought an 04 shell and transferred everything into it. It's the one car I always enjoy driving.

My least favorite was my 2012 Cruze. It got great fuel economy, but that was it. It was absolutely gutless, had a horrible HVAC system, and had a few issues from the factory like weird spots showing up all over the windshield in certain mornings.

In between those two, the rankings are mostly interchangeable.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

From best to worst

1) my current mk7 GTI. Even though I had some love hate relationship with this car not too long ago, it is really a perfect viable one car for my driving lifestyle. I also would probably get another mk7/.5 or an R.

2) mk6 GTI, I loved it nearly as much as my mk7, but doesn't hold a candle to my mk7. However, i learned a lot about cars with that car, so it'll always have a place in my heart.

3) 2004 TSX. That fucker took a lot of beating for nearly 70k miles of teenage abuse. I never, not once have been stranded with this damn car, in fact the worst issue i had was a motor mount that needs to be replaced. :aintcare: but it takes premium and it wasn't that fast. It is essentially a reliable c230 thats little less comfortable and more sportier.

4) 1999 MB c230, I only "had" that car for roughly 6-7 months? and I was the last sole driver of the household. But it was already 8 years old at the time, so it had some electrical issues(wipers stopped working), and also my dad didn't like the idea of driving a premium brand as my first car and :nope: out of potential expensive repairs.

5) 1990 Corolla 5MT. Hand me down from my cousin and learned :manuel: with, but thats about it. Never left the county :lol: except for that one arena where I had to play my house basketball games.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:30 pm From best to worst

1) my current mk7 GTI. Even though I had some love hate relationship with this car not too long ago, it is really a perfect viable one car for my driving lifestyle. I also would probably get another mk7/.5 or an R.

2) mk6 GTI, I loved it nearly as much as my mk7, but doesn't hold a candle to my mk7. However, i learned a lot about cars with that car, so it'll always have a place in my heart.

3) 2004 TSX. That fucker took a lot of beating for nearly 70k miles of teenage abuse. I never, not once have been stranded with this damn car, in fact the worst issue i had was a motor mount that needs to be replaced. :aintcare: but it takes premium and it wasn't that fast. It is essentially a reliable c230 thats little less comfortable and more sportier.

4) 1999 MB c230, I only "had" that car for roughly 6-7 months? and I was the last sole driver of the household. But it was already 8 years old at the time, so it had some electrical issues(wipers stopped working), and also my dad didn't like the idea of driving a premium brand as my first car and :nope: out of potential expensive repairs.

5) 1990 Corolla 5MT. Hand me down from my cousin and learned :manuel: with, but thats about it. Never left the county :lol: except for that one arena where I had to play my house basketball games.
I always liked that era of Acura, would still enjoy a 2006ish TL Type S.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:00 am
D Griff wrote::neat: to see what everyone’s favorites have been and funny a lot of them seem based on life at the time and what we associate the cars with.
:word:

Making the list made me realize that I probably don't really want a C8 even if I had the cash. No :manuel: no care. I guess Evora 400 is the semi-attainable "dream car" now.
:word: the stupid “1930s technology” (RIP Natedog) might be slow but it is fun.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:06 am

I owned a 2004 which my mom still rocks. It is a great DD along the line of your Beemer. Fun but not really fun. Reliable as F doe.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:06 am

Those TL's are great it would've been nice to have a :manuel: one and has about the same 0-60 as my mk7. Now they're :poop: :sad: maybe except for the TLX perhaps.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I think I’ve owned the fewest vehicles here. I’m also one of the youngest. I also still own three of them.

1) 2011 GTI
2) 1996 cavalier z24
3) 2004 vw r32 track car
4) 2014 Yamaha bolt
5) 1999 Mazda Miata turbo

The r32 will change as ownership and driving goes up. We will see where it settles. But the gti was what really got me into cars. And my cavalier was my first car. It’s what I learned to drive on and was my original memories and wreckless driving as a 17 year old kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:41 pm I think I’ve owned the fewest vehicles here. I’m also one of the youngest. I also still own three of them.

1) 2011 GTI
2) 1996 cavalier z24
3) 2004 vw r32 track car
4) 2014 Yamaha bolt

The r32 will change as ownership and driving goes up. We will see where it settles. But the gti was what really got me into cars. And my cavalier was my first car. It’s what I learned to drive on and was my original memories and wreckless driving as a 17 year old kid.

:impressive: that the Cav ranks above the likes of the R32. Not surprised your Miata is at the bottom, mine was near there too. I love Miatas, they’re so much fun, but we both had kind of a rough ownershit experience with them.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:41 pm I think I’ve owned the fewest vehicles here. I’m also one of the youngest. I also still own three of them.

1) 2011 GTI
2) 1996 cavalier z24
3) 2004 vw r32 track car
4) 2014 Yamaha bolt

:impressive: that the Cav ranks above the likes of the R32. Not surprised your Miata is at the bottom, mine was near there too. I love Miatas, they’re so much fun, but we both had kind of a rough ownershit experience with them.
I loved my Cavalier. It was my first car, dead reliable except the sunroof leaking in the rain. I loved the seating position, back then I though the car was a blast. Id bet today its terrible. But from my 18 year old eyes it was great. Great AC, full soundsystem, decent on gas. It was an all around fun car. Even today I think the Z24 looks okay and I wouldnt be against getting another for a crap daily driver.

Also I said based on how the R32 turns out over driving it and time I will dictate where it ends up. At the moment the small seat and lack of AC make the car less enjoyable than anticipated. But still fun and exceptionally capable.