What does your sig other drive ?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 am

Is that her driving :notsure:
Yep, her driving. You can see my :truk: in the background, and Zilldor took the pic.
:impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Mine LOVES wheeling. Hence her now wanting her own :jeep:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:41 am Mine LOVES wheeling. Hence her now wanting her own :jeep:
We’re :notsure: what she loves cuz it changes weekly breh, last time she “loved when the volt was drinking” something or other at her office
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:41 am Mine LOVES wheeling. Hence her now wanting her own :jeep:
We’re :notsure: what she loves cuz it changes weekly breh, last time she “loved when the volt was drinking” something or other at her office
Yep, her preferences change daily. It's crazy. She's worse than I am when it comes to vehicles, and she only drives a mile a day.

HOWEVER ANOTHER WRENCH FROM LAST NIGHT

She has a line on another new job that would put her commute similar to mine. Double her current income, so now she's talking about a Macan because the company does a lot of work in Germany and the people she knows there drives Porsches.

I literally can't even anymore.

:angrypanda:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 am

Yep, her preferences change daily. It's crazy. She's worse than I am when it comes to vehicles, and she only drives a mile a day.

She has a line on another new job that would put her commute similar to mine. Double her current income, so now she's talking about a Macan because the company does a lot of work in Germany and the people she knows there drives Porsches.

Just buy your :jeep: and :aintcare: about her vehicle. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions.
max225

:amazing: but expected .... convertible coming up
Next because she saw a movie and it looked fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:59 am

Just buy your :jeep: and :aintcare: about her vehicle. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions.
Yea...I just like having a pickup. I guess I should just go order the Gladiator I have spec'd out, and if she wants a truck too, then we'll just have two pickups.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

She's got a 2016 Cherokee as a daily and an 81 El Camino for fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:08 am

Yea...it's getting ridiculous. When she mentioned the Macan last night, I just about lost it.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:08 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:08 am
Yea...it's getting ridiculous. When she mentioned the Macan last night, I just about lost it.
How does she even know what a Macan is? They must be pretty rare birds out there
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 am
How does she even know what a Macan is? They must be pretty rare birds out there
:dat:

My :tits: wouldn't know what a Macan or any other luxo SUV even is. She like BMWs because "they're pretty" but is pretty latched onto the :jeep: brand for whatever reason, which is fine by me.

I am sure as hell never mentioning a Macan and she will test drive whatever I suggest when the time comes and pick out what she wants which is hopefully a Wrangler or a CX5 or something else decent.
ChrisoftheNorth

She LOVES Porsche. Always has for some reason. She always tells me to sell the :poorvette: and buy a Porsche, it's weird. When we were in Stuttgart last December, she was in love with the Porsche Museum. They had a "dealer" setup across from the museum and we walked around their "inventory" (which was just the full lineup of their models) and she saw a Macan and was full :triggered: :wub: She seriously wanted to ditch the rental Polo and buy a Macan to drive around and take back with us. Told her it didn't work that way and she was :|

Then locally Porsche for some reason has been advertising on TV and billboards a lot in the last few months. It's always a Macan with a 30-40-something attractive "successful looking" woman. The marketing must be effective, because she wants to be that woman I think.

THEN to make matters worse, this job opp came from a friend of ours who was promoted and wants Michele to work for her...has been saying it for years and now the opportunity is real. What does her friend buy when she got the promotion? A gently used 2017 Cayenne GTS.

So to recap:

She started by stealing the 1SMP from me at the dealer
Then the "need" for a heated steering wheel arose, and we got the Volt
The novelty of the Volt eating at work wore off so now she "hates it"
Stole the ZR2 from me, so I let her pick the next vehicle since it's going back...

Grand Cherokee is an old slow POS
RAM is amazing, but not "tall enough" for a truck (her words, I don't understand...she wants to "climb into the truck" the Ram is too low) :wat: :fullretard:
Wrangler would be great but needs to be "luxurious and beasty", making it a pricey proposition
Macan is the dream car and "always has been" apparently

I just can't anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am

She LOVES Porsche. Always has for some reason. She always tells me to sell the :poorvette: and buy a Porsche, it's weird. When we were in Stuttgart last December, she was in love with the Porsche Museum. They had a "dealer" setup across from the museum and we walked around their "inventory" (which was just the full lineup of their models) and she saw a Macan and was full :triggered: :wub: She seriously wanted to ditch the rental Polo and buy a Macan to drive around and take back with us. Told her it didn't work that way and she was :|

Then locally Porsche for some reason has been advertising on TV and billboards a lot in the last few months. It's always a Macan with a 30-40-something attractive "successful looking" woman. The marketing must be effective, because she wants to be that woman I think.

THEN to make matters worse, this job opp came from a friend of ours who was promoted and wants Michele to work for her...has been saying it for years and now the opportunity is real. What does her friend buy when she got the promotion? A gently used 2017 Cayenne GTS.

So to recap:

Stole the ZR2 from me, so I let her pick the next vehicle since it's going back...

RAM is amazing, but not "tall enough" for a truck (her words, I don't understand...she wants to "climb into the truck" the Ram is too low) :wat: :fullretard:
Wrangler would be great but needs to be "luxurious and beasty", making it a pricey proposition

I just can't anymore.
Damn man... seeing this from the other side really opens my eyes to why Allison sometimes gets :triggered: by my :plac: musings. We are all really just like Michele.
Apex

Wifey was looking up purple JKU Rubicon's yesterday. :notbad:
Very :unicorn: doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:36 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am

So to recap:

I just can't anymore.
Damn man... seeing this from the other side really opens my eyes to why Allison sometimes gets :triggered: by my :plac: musings. We are all really just like Michele.
I know right?!?!

It's actually weird to see it from the external perspective. I actually have zero interest in :plac: I'd keep the :truk: if it wasn't a lease.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

You forgot about the Stelvio.

And wtf is 1SMP
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wtf:
:rolleyes:
:ayfkm:
:facepalm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 am Wifey was looking up purple JKU Rubicon's yesterday. :notbad:
Mine would LOVE a purple Rubicon. But would need to be a JL because it MUST have a heated steering wheel, and JL's don't come in purple.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:39 am You forgot about the Stelvio.

And wtf is 1SMP
Oh shit, the Stelvio. She liked that for a minute, but it was "too small" inside.

A few years ago, I leased a 2016 Silverado LT Double Cab 4.3 for $200/mo all-in. It became the :scrooge: standard for lease pricing in the early days of DFD and was dubbed SMP (Silverado Monthly Payment). For a while we'd quote lease prices as a base of $200/mo...so a $300/mo lease would be 1.5 SMP.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:41 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 am Wifey was looking up purple JKU Rubicon's yesterday. :notbad:
Mine would LOVE a purple Rubicon. But would need to be a JL because it MUST have a heated steering wheel, and JL's don't come in purple.
I found 6 purple JKU's near me, but they are all Sahara's. Do not want.
Wifey is ZFG about heated steering wheels, does need heated seats doe. We could do a Sport, Backcountry, Rubicon all in purple. She really wants a purple JKU as her next :jeep:

And here I've been thinking about dumping the :truk: for a TJ and a pre-owned :gorf: or something. :lol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:44 am

And wtf is 1SMP
Oh shit, the Stelvio. She liked that for a minute, but it was "too small" inside.

A few years ago, I leased a 2016 Silverado LT Double Cab 4.3 for $200/mo all-in. It became the :scrooge: standard for lease pricing in the early days of DFD and was dubbed SMP (Silverado Monthly Payment). For a while we'd quote lease prices as a base of $200/mo...so a $300/mo lease would be 1.5 SMP.
Oh yeah forgot about that :truk:

Stelvio is too small inside -> wants a Macan

:yeahok:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:44 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:41 am
I found 6 purple JKU's near me, but they are all Sahara's. Do not want.
Wifey is ZFG about heated steering wheels, does need heated seats doe. We could do a Sport, Backcountry, Rubicon all in purple. She really wants a purple JKU as her next :jeep:

And here I've been thinking about dumping the :truk: for a TJ and a pre-owned :gorf: or something. :lol:
A purple Backcountry would be :amazing:

I wouldn't dump the truck, personally. They're way too handy to have around in the fleet, hence my current dilemma. You can wheel her JKUR.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:45 am

Oh yeah forgot about that :truk:

Stelvio is too small inside -> wants a Macan

:yeahok:
RIGHT!?!?!?!?!

:ayfkm:

I pointed that out, and she said "well, one is a Porsche and one isn't so...."

:rolleyes:

Badge whore.
wap

And wtf is 1SMP
A couple years ago, DPlac leased a Silverado for the :fullretard: rate of $200/month. That monetary unit of measure became translated to DFD-speak as 1 Silverado Monthly Payment, or 1SMP, which = $200.

Example: Fucking :crang: just spent 1SMP on a shitty :hibachi: dinner, complained, and still took leftovers home.
wap

And wtf is 1SMP

:dat: