Official C8 Bread.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:58 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:55 pm

:dat:

Nowhere else can you find these cross shops. Or the :turboyaris: :poorvette: :turboyaris: :poorvette: :plac: moves. It is truly special.

I think this would be a pretty darn rad car for Max, kind of along the lines of when I suggested a first gen NSX. Cool, rare, mid engined sports car that won't drop a ton in value in the year or two he has it if he goes this route.
It would be :neat: but so many forces against it... at this point in time... "early 2020" means at least late 2020 for me, I certainly wouldn't want a first batch... and that's a :plac: ternity away...
Yes, allocations are already going to be gone when they open the order banks for the year.

Just like always, if you're not a top C7 seller, your dealership may get 1-3 C8's for 2020 MY. The big guys already have lists 500+ people long to buy one at MSRP and they likely won't get anywhere near that for the first year.

Ordering one isn't going to be fun, my 2014 experience wasn't good and I had a very smooth deal since I am friends with my sales manager compared to others that had dealers outright lie to them that they had an allocation.

I would bet $10k on the fact that many of the options will be constrained as well, holding up orders for things like Z51 and Comp seats, and carbon fiber, forcing dealers to use allocations on weird combinations for inventory. This is precisely what happened on the C7.

Late 2021 or 2022 MY would be a good time to buy a Z51 which will likely be when they introduce the up-level trim and want to move base and Z51 cars just for new allocations.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:38 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:58 pm

It would be :neat: but so many forces against it... at this point in time... "early 2020" means at least late 2020 for me, I certainly wouldn't want a first batch... and that's a :plac: ternity away...
Yes, allocations are already going to be gone when they open the order banks for the year.

Just like always, if you're not a top C7 seller, your dealership may get 1-3 C8's for 2020 MY. The big guys already have lists 500+ people long to buy one at MSRP and they likely won't get anywhere near that for the first year.

Ordering one isn't going to be fun, my 2014 experience wasn't good and I had a very smooth deal since I am friends with my sales manager compared to others that had dealers outright lie to them that they had an allocation.

I would bet $10k on the fact that many of the options will be constrained as well, holding up orders for things like Z51 and Comp seats, and carbon fiber, forcing dealers to use allocations on weird combinations for inventory. This is precisely what happened on the C7.

Late 2021 or 2022 MY would be a good time to buy a Z51 which will likely be when they introduce the up-level trim and want to move base and Z51 cars just for new allocations.
Yea... seems like the waiting game is back... :disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:21 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:19 pm Oh yea... this thing is also a hard top and convertible... unlike all those 50-90k "spyder" upcharges... you can get an entire C8 ... for the roof less charge.
But you have to manually remove it and stow it in the trunk.

:rolleyes:

I guess if you always have your butler in the passenger seat it's not that bad.
:fancy: :lolol:

:like:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:40 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:38 pm

Yeah, the thing is though, it's not a fair/transparent system for GM.

At least on Jeep I knew I was legitimately in line for the JL. With GM you are at the mercy of the dealer to be honest with you about their allocation status. Otherwise, your order can go in and sit at 1100 forever, but GM couldn't give one shit if you placed a deposit down, they don't ack. your order until there is an allocation and you hit status 2000. That's when you exist to them.

If the dealer lied to tie you up and hope they get an allocation, you could be like this dude I met that ordered when I did, mine from Boardwalk and him from Rio VIsta. Ordered the same week in November. I had my 2014 in Feb. and he got his 2014 in late JULY, when the 2015's started shipping. The whole time he was buying the story from the sales guy, right until about June, the third time I took him for a ride in my car.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:40 pm

At least on Jeep I knew I was legitimately in line for the JL. With GM you are at the mercy of the dealer to be honest with you about their allocation status. Otherwise, your order can go in and sit at 1100 forever, but GM couldn't give one shit if you placed a deposit down, they don't ack. your order until there is an allocation and you hit status 2000. That's when you exist to them.

If the dealer lied to tie you up and hope they get an allocation, you could be like this dude I met that ordered when I did, mine from Boardwalk and him from Rio VIsta. Ordered the same week in November. I had my 2014 in Feb. and he got his 2014 in late JULY, when the 2015's started shipping. The whole time he was buying the story from the sales guy, right until about June, the third time I took him for a ride in my car.
Whale.... you know how I feel about :dillerman: I have 0 trust in any of it ... so it looks like I’ll be waiting for a while either way for this info to clear and then for first model year to finish up.... so I’m guessing it’ll be 2021 unless something magical happens ...

I have no special option or order requests ... prob just blue on black lt2 with red calipers
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:56 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Whale.... you know how I feel about :dillerman: I have 0 trust in any of it ... so it looks like I’ll be waiting for a while either way for this info to clear and then for first model year to finish up.... so I’m guessing it’ll be 2021 unless something magical happens ...

I have no special option or order requests ... prob just blue on black lt2 with red calipers
At least buy Z51 for the brakes and parts that gets you. The one thing that is consistent across generations is that Z51 has been a performance value.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Two tone blue interior is cool, but 3LT only. I wonder if you can get the cloth seats ventilated?
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:56 pm

At least buy Z51 for the brakes and parts that gets you. The one thing that is consistent across generations is that Z51 has been a performance value.
Yea I have no idea about options/packages etc.. it will take some time, prob far longer than my patience with it... and I'll likely need a car before then. :gaydance:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:00 pm

A c8 is special... a model 3 is a civic. Also I am sure the MSRP will jump 10k from 2020/2021 ?
C8 won't be special for long. It'll be produced in the same if not more volume than the C7/6/5/4/3/2/1
Dat.

Still want an orange z51 with competition seats and as much carbon fiber as possible.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:59 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Maybe, maybe not. Nothing is set in stone yet... and it isn't that far out... I may still :scrooge: out... currently my M is going back in about 4 1/2 weeks... and the woman told me I can borrow her tsx for the time being... epic :scrooge:
$70k is a lot for a car that you know will tank in value right off the lot. The best Corvettes are low optioned ones...they don't depreciate at all. 2LT, Z51, etc is just lighting money on fire. Your hand-wringing over spending $50k on a Tesla is :lolgasm: compared to $70k on a Chevy.
The difference? Tesla will definitely be bankrupt within a few years. GM only might be.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:59 pm
$70k is a lot for a car that you know will tank in value right off the lot. The best Corvettes are low optioned ones...they don't depreciate at all. 2LT, Z51, etc is just lighting money on fire. Your hand-wringing over spending $50k on a Tesla is :lolgasm: compared to $70k on a Chevy.
The difference? Tesla will definitely be bankrupt within a few years. GM only might be.
GM has already been bankrupt, tesla hasn't :thisisfine:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 pm
MrH42 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Barely! You can only hemorrhage other people's money for so long.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:27 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 pm

:iono: 15 years is a long ass time. And they made quite a few more cars than Tucker ever did :yikes:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 pm
MrH42 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:27 pm

:iono: 15 years is a long ass time. And they made quite a few more cars than Tucker ever did :yikes:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

LOL.

I guess they could rely on the generations below mine to buy the C8 when their parents die and they get their inheirentance, but they first need to move out of the basement and into the actual house. That will take them years of counselling to get over the trauma of having to do some actual work.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 pm
LOL.

I guess they could rely on the generations below mine to buy the C8 when their parents die and they get their inheirentance, but they first need to move out of the basement and into the actual house. That will take them years of counselling to get over the trauma of having to do some actual work.
I'm offended
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:19 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 pm

LOL.

I'm offended
Need a cookie?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:24 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm offended
Need a cookie?
Is it free?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:37 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Need a cookie?
Is it free?
Ask Bernie.

:hue:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

The fucking comments oh my god :lolgasm:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I feel like some of those people first pulled up their socks and tightened their New Balances before typing in a fit of rage. :lol:
max225

That Article is a troll ... every new gen (saw 2 launches now) they keep saying corvette owners are dying blah blah blah yet the same people keep buying the same car ... 45- 65y/o white males who are semi successful. Just like with the last 5 launches no, it would not appeal to a 25/30’year old millennial millionaire. They prefer more exotic cars
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:05 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Yea I have no idea about options/packages etc.. it will take some time, prob far longer than my patience with it... and I'll likely need a car before then. :gaydance:
Maybe you should buy something lightly used, cool/fun with low depreciation. Run it until they work the kinks out of the :poorvette: and sell it for close to what you paid.

Can I interest you in a Raptor sir? might give you the Jeep-like Jollies..... :iono:

max225

So does anyone know when the Official C8 pricing/options will be released ? It is the only 50-70k car that really got me interested....