Official C8 Bread.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:19 pm Yeah my local dealer is getting one on the 16th, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the orange one that was just in dirty jersey
Yea, those are usually marketing cars that make the rounds in a region. Still :neat: to checkout :doe:
I'll go check it out if it's still there after work. Even though I say it's "local" it's still going to be a 45min drive from work.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

@Maxattack

Not sure how accurate but it's probably close enough.Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:28 pm @Maxattack

Huh, more than I can afford, pal... but seems like pretty great pricing for what it is.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:06 am

Huh, more than I can afford, pal... but seems like pretty great pricing for what it is.
65k for a z51 ain't that bad. Still expensive for most of us, but it looks much better equipped at 1LT trim than ever before.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:09 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:06 am

65k for a z51 ain't that bad. Still expensive for most of us, but it looks much better equipped at 1LT trim than ever before.
1LT on the C8 doesn't even have seat heaters.

I think a lot of old dudes are disappointed if this is accurate. Most seem to have been extending themselves with an optioned out C7 2LT non Z51 for $60k or 3LT for very low $60s.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:44 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:09 am

1LT on the C8 doesn't even have seat heaters.

I think a lot of old dudes are disappointed if this is accurate. Most seem to have been extending themselves with an optioned out C7 2LT non Z51 for $60k or 3LT for very low $60s.
Oh I thought it did have seat heaters. I must've just assumed and glanced quickly at other things like the base stereo now being 10 speakers etc.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That’s pretty damn good. Chevy completely disrupted the performance car market :amazing: I see no reason to get a gayman over this, none.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:07 pm

That’s pretty damn good. Chevy completely disrupted the performance car market :amazing: I see no reason to get a gayman over this, none.
Yep especially since I think the car actually looks better without the $7k worth of carbon stuff tacked onto it
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:26 pm
Yep especially since I think the car actually looks better without the $7k worth of carbon stuff tacked onto it
Yeah for regular folks that’s a pretty easy box to skip over. I’d be fine with a base Z51, I don’t need heated seats, they’re nice but whatever. GTI was the only vehicle I’ve ever owned equipped with them.

I do enjoy the HUD in the C5 though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Better badge/interior I guess...

Porsche, Supra, BMW, anyone in the $50-70k sports car market is puckering their :knot: right now.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Porsche, Supra, BMW, anyone in the $50-70k sports car market is puckering their :knot: right now.

Yep, at least until the reports of the first SNAFU.

They are all hoping for some major failures I'm sure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:42 pm

It's not bright to buy a first year anything. I doubt this will be an exception.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

I am sure there will be some... but doesn’t really matter all of the gens have some sort of issue here and there
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:37 pm

I am sure there will be some... but doesn’t really matter all of the gens have some sort of issue here and there
Yep, true of every car. At least Corvettes tends to lack any major engine/trans failures.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Biggest risk is the C8 is the first of any GM vehicle to get the new electrical architecture. It's 100% brand new, and will eventually be in all models, but launching on the C8.

There's a ton of "firsts" in the C8...I wouldn't touch a first or maybe even second year model with a 10' pole.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:13 am Biggest risk is the C8 is the first of any GM vehicle to get the new electrical architecture. It's 100% brand new, and will eventually be in all models, but launching on the C8.

There's a ton of "firsts" in the C8...I wouldn't touch a first or maybe even second year model with a 10' pole.
That sounds like a recipe for :doomed: for sure. :nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:13 am Biggest risk is the C8 is the first of any GM vehicle to get the new electrical architecture. It's 100% brand new, and will eventually be in all models, but launching on the C8.

Yea... but there is a thing called a warranty... so .. :shock:

I trust GM to test it enough that it is ok, it is unheard of, of having the entire first model year of a vehicle to be scrapped. Outside of the Porsche engine replacements in the GT3
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:39 pm

I trust GM to test it enough that it is ok, it is unheard of, of having the entire first model year of a vehicle to be scrapped. Outside of the Porsche engine replacements in the GT3
Sure, there's a warranty...but when the thing is always at the :dillerman: getting fixed, how good is that?

The car won't be scrapped, they'll be OK...but just look at the track record. Would you want a 2014 C7? How about a 2005-7 C6? The 97-00 C5's had a number of "unique" features that were eventually replaced. Want to fix the traction/stability control on your 97-00 C5? You're SOL.

The Corvette has traditionally been the tech leader introducing new engines, features, and electronics to the corp. Relatively limited, though still strong volume with buyers that will pay anything to be the first on the block make it a fantastic place to introduce things. That also results in it being a bit of a guinea pig in the first few years.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:44 pm

Sure, there's a warranty...but when the thing is always at the :dillerman: getting fixed, how good is that?

The car won't be scrapped, they'll be OK...but just look at the track record. Would you want a 2014 C7? How about a 2005-7 C6? The 97-00 C5's had a number of "unique" features that were eventually replaced. Want to fix the traction/stability control on your 97-00 C5? You're SOL.

The Corvette has traditionally been the tech leader introducing new engines, features, and electronics to the corp. Relatively limited, though still strong volume with buyers that will pay anything to be the first on the block make it a fantastic place to introduce things. That also results in it being a bit of a guinea pig in the first few years.
I wouldn't but those cars had issues that were all correctable with TSBs etc. I trust GM has enough processes in place where it won't be a complete basket case that spends 59 out of the first 60 days in the shop.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:51 pm

I wouldn't but those cars had issues that were all correctable with TSBs etc. I trust GM has enough processes in place where it won't be a complete basket case that spends 59 out of the first 60 days in the shop.
Yea...but this electrical system is a big damned deal...and GM doesn't have a strong track record of getting electrical stuff perfect. Will be interesting to see.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:12 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Yea...but this electrical system is a big damned deal...and GM doesn't have a strong track record of getting electrical stuff perfect. Will be interesting to see.
If anyone wants a 2020 C8 base car, just wait a year and save 20% and get one when the current owner trades them in on a 2021 that has better features, or a Z06.

I'm kinda hoping they tweak the back end of the car for the Z06 and add that manual transmission they had the patent application for, then I might be interested in a 2022.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:44 pm
If anyone wants a 2020 C8 base car, just wait a year and save 20% and get one when the current owner trades them in on a 2021 that has better features, or a Z06.

I'm kinda hoping they tweak the back end of the car for the Z06 and add that manual transmission they had the patent application for, then I might be interested in a 2022.
I don't foresee the MSRP staying under 60k. They will bump it to 65+ in year 2, I doubt you'd save $ anything by waiting unless you're paying over sticker. You'd save headaches for first year issues I'd say...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:08 pm

I don't foresee the MSRP staying under 60k. They will bump it to 65+ in year 2, I doubt you'd save $ anything by waiting unless you're paying over sticker. You'd save headaches for first year issues I'd say...
Nobody has to pay more than MSRP on a Corvette, ever.

MSRP is all you would be asked to pay, even on a new model if you place an order. That's what was happening in 2013 when I ordered my 2014 Z51... Now, sure, if you can't wait 8 weeks for the car and 'need' the one that is already on the lot, you'll pay a premium.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Not to mention, who wants to go through the potential hassle of being stranded on the side of the road somewhere with your dash lit up like a Christmas tree your new :ellis: is a shiny boat anchor. Sure the :dillerman: will fix it and pay for the tow because warranty, but fuck that hassle. :nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm all :popcorn: on if the :manuel: patent is for the C8. I thought so, but it sure doesn't look like there's anywhere for the phallus to go in that interior.