POWL: Familial Ridesharing

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Do you share cars?

Sure, my car is their car, their car is my car. Kumbaya, my lord!
32%
NEIN. Get your grubby paws off my keys, wench!
32%
Toaster.
37%

Total votes: 19
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Though the Wife unit can :manuel: she doesn't like driving the :mk6: I drive her Teeg often :doe: My boys generally are masters of their automotive domains :doe: (01 GIT VR6 and 13 Kia Optima)
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Wow. You might say the author has his opinion on things.

She doesn’t know how to drive a manual... hoping to teach her in the :poorvette: soon.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Wife can barely drive BUT has done well at not totally fucking up her :mk6: Its actaully really :notbad: in the clean department.

BUT, I pretty much 95% of time drive if we ride together unless :drunk: Then she is DD. So yeah, she cant/doesnt drive any of my cars.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Toaster, because while we can drive each others vehicles we usually keep to our own. Mostly due to placement of the :baby: seat being behind her drivers seat so the drivers seat is closer to the wheel than I would like.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Michelle can drive a :manuel: but she's not super comfortable with it, so she has only driven the :jeep: once. I drive her car if she's parked behind me since our driveway is in tandem.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

We rarely share or borrow each others cars, though when we take one on a road trip (we alternate cars used on our trips) we share the driving duties. She's fine driving my car but doesn't understand the flappy paddles so she just drives it like a :derp: . She is rather lax on keeping her car clean and clutter-free so I try to keep sharing cars to a minimum.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 am In your household do you share cars freely and openly with no judgement?

Or do you maintain strict possessive boundaries the car your drive because your significant other is a loose cannon behind the wheel, leaving a trail of mutilated wheels, crubbed bumpers, greasy paw prints, and miscellaneous detritus wherever they go?
The woman drives her car but doesn't touch mine because she is "scared of damaging it" but the woman prefers I drive 999/1000 times. So her car is my car and my car is my car as well. Voting toaster since the options don't really apply to my situation.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

We do share cars, though my wife doesn't drive the truck that often. Some of it is by design by me cause I hate having to readjust everything after she drives it, and I'm afraid she's gonna hit something with it since she's not used to driving it regularly.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I'll drive her Cherokee more than she'll drive my truck.

I can get some severe motion sickness when riding as a passenger, so it is easier for me to drive whenever we go somewhere.
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 pm I'll drive her Cherokee more than she'll drive my truck.

I can get some severe motion sickness when riding as a passenger, so it is easier for me to drive whenever we go somewhere.
XJ or KL?
Huckleberry

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:14 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 pm I'll drive her Cherokee more than she'll drive my truck.

XJ or KL?
KL
I'll be honest in saying that I don't hate it. It rides very well and has enough oomph to scoot when you need it to.
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:34 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:14 pm

XJ or KL?
KL
I'll be honest in saying that I don't hate it. It rides very well and has enough oomph to scoot when you need it to.
:notbad:

Not gonna lie, they have grown on me over the last couple of years. I probably should have gotten a KL Trailhawk, but went :fullretard: instead.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 am Toaster, because while we can drive each others vehicles we usually keep to our own. Mostly due to placement of the :baby: seat being behind her drivers seat so the drivers seat is closer to the wheel than I would like.
Isn’t baby seat supposed to be diagonal from the driver (behind passenger seat) so the baby is easy to see with minimal turning around?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:48 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 am Toaster, because while we can drive each others vehicles we usually keep to our own. Mostly due to placement of the :baby: seat being behind her drivers seat so the drivers seat is closer to the wheel than I would like.
Isn’t baby seat supposed to be diagonal from the driver (behind passenger seat) so the baby is easy to see with minimal turning around?
There's this nifty thing called a mirror... We have one on the backseat facing the :baby: so a quick glance in the rear view and you can see :baby:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:57 pm

There's this nifty thing called a mirror... We have one on the backseat facing the :baby: so a quick glance in the rear view and you can see :baby:
:jackass:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:00 pm

:jackass:
:sad: I'll see myself out...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My fleet is entirely maintained by me. I maintain the interior/exterior of everything and make commentary if there is an excessive recycling effort going on the backseat of the BMW (she just tosses empty water bottles on the back floor or if there has been ram curbage, bird poo, water spotting, or any other action negatively affecting the Zilspec levels of my fleet. She appreciates that I take car of all this and ignores my clever comments. I drive all the vehicles freely. She does not touch the Corvette because low, loud scrapemobile. Donezo.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:39 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:34 pm

KL

Not gonna lie, they have grown on me over the last couple of years. I probably should have gotten a KL Trailhawk, but went :fullretard: instead.
I forget what trim level hers is, but it was between a CX-5 and the Cherokee when she was looking back in 2016. Ultimately, the Jeep won because of the V6 power and 0% for 72 months.

Being that her commute is something like 3 miles, she's just turned 24K on the thing. The only issue she's had is with the stop-start system.
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:39 pm

I forget what trim level hers is, but it was between a CX-5 and the Cherokee when she was looking back in 2016. Ultimately, the Jeep won because of the V6 power and 0% for 72 months.

Being that her commute is something like 3 miles, she's just turned 24K on the thing. The only issue she's had is with the stop-start system.
That doesn't seem too bad.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Lady refuses to drive manual. But doesn't care if I drive her car. When I get an auto I won't care if she drives mine, especially if it has memory seats as she's a lot shorter than I am.
Johnny_P

Regular cab with passenger airbag off means :baby: is next to you for the ultimate win. Or in middle seat so you both can play with the baby while you drive.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:15 am
NeonJonny wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:49 am Wow. You might say the author has his opinion on things.

She doesn’t know how to drive a manual... hoping to teach her in the :poorvette: soon.
:lol:

No, actually the wife is pretty good at avoiding crubs and fents and briks.

But she's not all that great about keeping the car clean. She does keep it free of foodstuffs but the dog hair is a different story.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:02 pm

But she's not all that great about keeping the car clean. She does keep it free of foodstuffs but the dog hair is a different story.
:amazing:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Regular cab with passenger airbag off means :baby: is next to you for the ultimate win. Or in middle seat so you both can play with the baby while you drive.
No :doge: shelf then. :sad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:02 pm

This is really quite incredible.