POWL: The demise of Manuel

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Do you drive an automatic because of your :tits: ?

Yes
9%
No
67%
Toaster
24%

Total votes: 33
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:57 pm
All I want is a non black or metallic gray Rubicon with towing. Nowhere near :unicorn: spec.
Lets see...
100 On the lot (more than average :dillerman: )
20 rubicons (about the take rate on those)
4 non black or gray (tons of blacks/grays out there they are the most common colors)
2 with towing
mayyyyyyyyyyybe some balls to walls loaded etc... :unicorn: bruh....
What dealer has 100 18's on the lot?

I'd take a Sting Gray one...I've just had too many metallic gray vehicles lately.

There's a bunch of 19's out there that fit what I want, the deals just aren't on them because they're 19's.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:37 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Lets see...
100 On the lot (more than average :dillerman: )
20 rubicons (about the take rate on those)
4 non black or gray (tons of blacks/grays out there they are the most common colors)
2 with towing
mayyyyyyyyyyybe some balls to walls loaded etc... :unicorn: bruh....
What dealer has 100 18's on the lot?

I'd take a Sting Gray one...I've just had too many metallic gray vehicles lately.

There's a bunch of 19's out there that fit what I want, the deals just aren't on them because they're 19's.
It wasn't the point, I was just saying that it is pretty difficult to go down to a rubicon in a particular color with a particular equipment combination, because Jeep has a near infinite number of option combos on this platform.

There are 18 options that I want for my rubicon.. which is frankly insane. My M3 has 2 ...
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.rosevillechryslerjeep.net/n ... 82ed12.htm

That would be just fine...just no better than my regular employee pricing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 am Word on the street is that :tits: everywhere have driven the untimely demise of our dear friend :manuel: , which begs the question...

Has your significant other put the kibosh on you manually handling a meaty shift lever because they find themselves without the proper skills to navigate a non-sentient transmission themselves?
I own two :manuel: , :tits: will never own a manual but :aintcare: at all if I do. She will drive my cars on road trips on the highway and she does pretty well, but doesn't care for it in town. It works out fine.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:53 pm Woman has never driven the Corvette and barely rides in it. Deal killer is not :manuel: but the scrape and the moar low.....maybe throwing the shifting in with the brubs and the low makes the total package of :nothanks: It is definitely my car.
THIS is true. My :tits: hates the :poorvette: due to the MOAR LOW, scrapes, ride quality, noise, etc. She loves the Kamry and will drive it from time to time. She could take it to work if necessary but I never really want to "swap cars" and drive a 140K mile Ford Fusion equipped with a car trash can.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Wow, read a few pages on here... depressing. I like cars.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:40 pm Wow, read a few pages on here... depressing. I like cars.
It is quite obvious to me that we all do as well. We got some of the coolest line ups spanning all price points/cartypes on this forum.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:40 pm Wow, read a few pages on here... depressing. I like cars.
It is quite obvious to me that we all do as well. We got some of the coolest line ups spanning all price points/cartypes on this forum.
We are an eclectic bunch.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:15 am
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Ain’t that the truth.

Born from Yarii, most of us.
:wrong:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:11 am

Ain’t that the truth.

:wrong:
:bruh: he said most, not all...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Ain’t that the truth.

And a few of us have yet to leave the nest. :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 pm
Very true, the positive side of all of this. It's why I don't understand the constant "cars are terrible, I want to get out of them" stuff.

Enjoy what you've got. Change it up if you're not.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:51 am

Very true, the positive side of all of this. It's why I don't understand the constant "cars are terrible, I want to get out of them" stuff.

Changing interests, really.

Not exactly ready for a beigemobile, but given what little free time I have, cycling's taking a precedence this year. I want to get back into the condition I was in back in 2012/2013.

Driving cars makes me fat.
Eating too much makes me fat, but yeah I was in my best shape in late 2012 as well with no motorsports and a 2 mile commute and running 5 miles after work every day... then having a granola bar for dinner. :disgust:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:51 am

Not exactly ready for a beigemobile, but given what little free time I have, cycling's taking a precedence this year. I want to get back into the condition I was in back in 2012/2013.

Mostly this. I'm having more fun doing other things. :iono:
Maybe I'll get back into cars some day.
Although today I took Lisa and the pup to go look at flowering trees in the STI with THE SUMMER TIRES ON FAM and it was fine so :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:03 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Mostly this. I'm having more fun doing other things. :iono:
Maybe I'll get back into cars some day.
Although today I took Lisa and the pup to go look at flowering trees in the STI with THE SUMMER TIRES ON FAM and it was fine so :iono:
Im also more inclined to pretty much have a fun car to drive around now, drive on twisties/roadtrips on the occasion.

I thought about the new mazda 3 :manuel: , ive said myself i’ll get a v8 mullet car next up until a year now, but now its more like the 10th gen si or gti rabbit ed / golf r, depending on financial situation by then. Who knows what will happen by my next :plac: move
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:45 am
troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:54 pm Eating too much makes me fat, but yeah I was in my best shape in late 2012 as well with no motorsports and a 2 mile commute and running 5 miles after work every day... then having a granola bar for dinner. :disgust:
:dat:

Working on my feet instead of sitting at a desk helped immensely, too.
Desk is :disgust: and definitely makes me appreciate/want to partake in outdoor activities outside of work when possible.
troyguitar

I gave away my regular desk on crangslist and now use the standing desk 100% of the time. My legs hurt for a few days but it quickly went away. 0/7 would not go back to a job that required sitting for 8+ hours a day.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Since I am in Facilities, everybody is pining for standing workstations. The problem is that they are a few hundred dollars per person plus the cost of install. I've found that 98% of people will use it for about 3 months, and then return to their usual lifestyle of sitting for 8 hours a day.
troyguitar

Huckleberry wrote:Since I am in Facilities, everybody is pining for standing workstations. The problem is that they are a few hundred dollars per person plus the cost of install. I've found that 98% of people will use it for about 3 months, and then return to their usual lifestyle of sitting for 8 hours a day.
:sad:

At home I just stacked a foot of junk under my desk. Cost $Free.50 and 10 minutes of labor. I've been using standing desks >50% of the time since 2013 and more like 90% since 2016 :doe:
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:35 pm Since I am in Facilities, everybody is pining for standing workstations. The problem is that they are a few hundred dollars per person plus the cost of install. I've found that 98% of people will use it for about 3 months, and then return to their usual lifestyle of sitting for 8 hours a day.
I wish my cube was setup so I could use a convertible desk. Set it to standing some times, sitting for others.
A few people with newer cubes have them and they look 5/7.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:56 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:35 pm Since I am in Facilities, everybody is pining for standing workstations. The problem is that they are a few hundred dollars per person plus the cost of install. I've found that 98% of people will use it for about 3 months, and then return to their usual lifestyle of sitting for 8 hours a day.
I wish my cube was setup so I could use a convertible desk. Set it to standing some times, sitting for others.
The unit we have gone with is an arm that clamps to the back of the desk. It is the most versatile unit we have seen and allows for use on curved desks and clearing overhead cabinets. Any new build gets a 60x30 work surface with an electric stand that raises the entire desk up and down. Obviously, the former is solely for quick retrofits. We would prefer to go with the latter since it doesn't clutter up the work area, but people don't want to wait for an office refresh and demand everything yesterday. Those demands coupled with those who go through HR for ergonomic assessments means that a lot of the retrofits are being bought. It becomes a real pain in the ass during moves when you have to uninstall and reinstall the things.
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:09 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:56 pm

The unit we have gone with is an arm that clamps to the back of the desk. It is the most versatile unit we have seen and allows for use on curved desks and clearing overhead cabinets. Any new build gets a 60x30 work surface with an electric stand that raises the entire desk up and down. Obviously, the former is solely for quick retrofits. We would prefer to go with the latter since it doesn't clutter up the work area, but people don't want to wait for an office refresh and demand everything yesterday. Those demands coupled with those who go through HR for ergonomic assessments means that a lot of the retrofits are being bought. It becomes a real pain in the ass during moves when you have to uninstall and reinstall the things.
I can imagine. Instead I get up and go for a walk around the building every 45-60 minutes. At least I'm not sitting on my ass all day then, and I get to see and meet new people.
ChrisoftheNorth

At my last company, they had desks that could power up for standing...for most people. The highest setting was still too low for me, so I never used them.

At my new company, all the office furniture is from when the building was built in the 90's and I'm sure that "standing desks" where insanity then.

So now, I just wander the building a few times a day. It's the second largest HQ under a single roof in the US (second to the Pentagon), so there's a lot of neat things to explore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:47 pm At my last company, they had desks that could power up for standing...for most people. The highest setting was still too low for me, so I never used them.

At my new company, all the office furniture is from when the building was built in the 90's and I'm sure that "standing desks" where insanity then.

So now, I just wander the building a few times a day. It's the second largest HQ under a single roof in the US (second to the Pentagon), so there's a lot of neat things to explore.
:impressive:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:47 pm At my last company, they had desks that could power up for standing...for most people. The highest setting was still too low for me, so I never used them.

:impressive:
Yep. It's pretty wild. What took driving 30+ minutes between campuses at GM is all within a 15 minute walk inside here. The efficiency is so much better.