POWL: The demise of Manuel

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Do you drive an automatic because of your :tits: ?

Yes
9%
No
67%
Toaster
24%

Total votes: 33
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:52 pm

:impressive:
Yep. It's pretty wild. What took driving 30+ minutes between campuses at GM is all within a 15 minute walk inside here. The efficiency is so much better.
That is pretty cool to work in one large space/campus. I love when I have a reason to walk out to our huge warehouse, but it's rare.

I just go for a walk for my lunch break in the parking lot and sit on my ass most of the rest of the day... :iono: I'm not really cut out for office life. I hope to get out of it in the next year or two.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Office life where you just sit at your desk all day is not so great. But if you're active going to meetings, different areas, etc it's not too bad. That's what's cool about my gig...some days I'll be working in the design area on stuff, others I'll be downstairs in a vehicle lab checking out a competitive vehicle or something. I'm not chained to my desk like I was at my last job, which BLEW.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 am

Yep. It's pretty wild. What took driving 30+ minutes between campuses at GM is all within a 15 minute walk inside here. The efficiency is so much better.
I love how the old logo is still in the building

mmmmm good times

https://www.google.com/maps/place/bd's+ ... 83.2232568

bd's was always something to look forward to for FSAE

I came about 3 feet from totaling my car from hitting a fucking deer on squirrel rd on 2006.

went to this place for beers at some point, it was prob called something different
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Red+O ... -83.215638
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:44 am Office life where you just sit at your desk all day is not so great. But if you're active going to meetings, different areas, etc it's not too bad. That's what's cool about my gig...some days I'll be working in the design area on stuff, others I'll be downstairs in a vehicle lab checking out a competitive vehicle or something. I'm not chained to my desk like I was at my last job, which BLEW.
I'm rarely chained to my desk, so I'm always up going somewhere. It's nice to get up and move around.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:47 pm At my last company, they had desks that could power up for standing...for most people. The highest setting was still too low for me, so I never used them.

At my new company, all the office furniture is from when the building was built in the 90's and I'm sure that "standing desks" where insanity then.

So now, I just wander the building a few times a day. It's the second largest HQ under a single roof in the US (second to the Pentagon), so there's a lot of neat things to explore.
:mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:53 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:44 am Office life where you just sit at your desk all day is not so great. But if you're active going to meetings, different areas, etc it's not too bad. That's what's cool about my gig...some days I'll be working in the design area on stuff, others I'll be downstairs in a vehicle lab checking out a competitive vehicle or something. I'm not chained to my desk like I was at my last job, which BLEW.
I'm rarely chained to my desk, so I'm always up going somewhere. It's nice to get up and move around.
:dat:
I always make sure to walk through our large-ish plant (110k sq ft) at least twice a day, plus any other time it's necessary. :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Drove the GTO in today. Love rowing the gears.

What I don't love are the assholes who get right up on your ass at a stoplight on a hill. They can promptly fuck right off.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 pm Drove the GTO in today. Love rowing the gears.

What I don't love are the assholes who get right up on your ass at a stoplight on a hill. They can promptly fuck right off.
Roll back to their bumper for a nice :manuel: hill assist.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:47 pm At my last company, they had desks that could power up for standing...for most people. The highest setting was still too low for me, so I never used them.

At my new company, all the office furniture is from when the building was built in the 90's and I'm sure that "standing desks" where insanity then.

So now, I just wander the building a few times a day. It's the second largest HQ under a single roof in the US (second to the Pentagon), so there's a lot of neat things to explore.
Dat wind tunnel doe
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:24 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 pm Drove the GTO in today. Love rowing the gears.

This is why I like the hill holder on my car :megusta:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

If I was in a car I didn't care about, I'd have no problem with that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:34 pm

This is why I like the hill holder on my car :megusta:
I don’t really enjoy the hill hold feature, always feel like I’m fighting the brakes. I also want everyone to know I’m :manuel: ing.