POWL: The demise of Manuel

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Do you drive an automatic because of your :tits: ?

Yes
9%
No
67%
Toaster
24%

Total votes: 33
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:20 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:26 am

:dat: is my experience with the wette too 😂
Wife told me last night that shes glad I don't work at GM anymore so I'm forced to sell the Corvette. "I can't wait to see that thing go" were her words.

:(
:tits: man, at least she supports your choices. The corvettes are really a guys car.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:30 pm
Wife told me last night that shes glad I don't work at GM anymore so I'm forced to sell the Corvette. "I can't wait to see that thing go" were her words.

:tits: man, at least she supports your choices. The corvettes are really a guys car.
They really are. I think I want out of cars anyway. Gladiator Rubicon is all I really want anymore.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:sad:

I still want a cool car. New loaded rustang GT 10-speed, used RCF, TT, base 911 or Panamera (4), XK 5.0... something that is nice but not a total appliance.

Dunno if I'll ever actually get anything cool, but the dream is not dead yet.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:26 am :dat: is my experience with the wette too Image

:really:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:36 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:30 pm

They really are. I think I want out of cars anyway. Gladiator Rubicon is all I really want anymore.
I've been coveting the JLUR in green/orange/yellow. 5/7 will buy some day.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:45 pm :sad:

I still want a cool car. New loaded rustang GT 10-speed, used RCF, TT, base 911 or Panamera (4), XK 5.0... something that is nice but not a total appliance.

Oh, I agree...I'm just at the point of my life where I don't want to deal with cars anymore.

I really want a Challenger Hellcat...or even just a Scat Pack widebody, but I'm way too cheap for that since it can't really be an only car in Meatchicken.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wtf: :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:29 pm

Yea, I had no idea that she hated the car so much. Oh well. I'll probably drive it for most of the early summer while I try to sell it.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:26 pm

Oh, I agree...I'm just at the point of my life where I don't want to deal with cars anymore.

I really want a Challenger Hellcat...or even just a Scat Pack widebody, but I'm way too cheap for that since it can't really be an only car in Meatchicken.
The whole Challenger line really really intrigued me (as a child of the 70s how could it not?).....I mean every one I saw on the road really turned my head....so I was really excited that I was able to rent one on a work trip a few years back ............but sadly, I was very underwhelmed with the driving experience......the visibility was atrocious...... and it drove even bigger than it actually is........ (and trust me, I have driven some boats in my day i.e '62 & 68 Galaxie 500s, 78 Thunderbird etc)

Now granted the one I got was poverty spec....and The Hellkitty is on a whole different level, of course......but for me, i was pretty soured on them.....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:30 pm
wap wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:29 pm

Yea, I had no idea that she hated the car so much. Oh well. I'll probably drive it for most of the early summer while I try to sell it.
Kudo's to her I guess for holding her tongue for so long...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I'm :notsure: if i want a cool sporty car anymore as my next car, nor takes premium. Unless the new Mazda3 is considered to be in that aspect. Might even probably grab a 4 banger turbo, perhaps roll with 4 bangers for the rest of my life :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

My friend drove his brother in law's new GT with the 10-speed and says it is not a "fun" car whatsoever. He would 5/7 prefer a manual for the GT.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:fshitup:

Tell her you can't wait until the heated steering wheels go.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:13 pm

My friend drove his brother in law's new GT with the 10-speed and says it is not a "fun" car whatsoever. He would 5/7 prefer a manual for the GT.
:sass:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:13 pm

The 10 speed is fine. And a mustang is fun even in 2.3 trim. However quality is not there, it feels like you're wearing Payless shoes.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:37 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:26 pm

And here I am considering offing the :meata: and the :jeep: for either an Alltrack or a GSW with DSG.

What have we become?

:mindblown:
Wait what?
ChrisoftheNorth

BTW, dude down the street from me just got a green :manuel: Alltrack. Looks awesome, and I was really surprised to see a :manuel:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:40 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 am
Wait what?
DSG is objectively the better transmission for the 1.8T. Keeps boost on tap and feels faster. Sad! But true.

The manual is just kinda meh. Also gets a lower torque output than the DSG. :flaccid:

But I’m also coming to terms with the fact that cars aren’t giving me the same fizz they used to. And it’s a lot harder to get a ticket for having fun on a bike. :wap:

I want to ride more and be in better riding and physical shape, and cars are getting in the way of doing that. :(
while this is #Sad! , I'm glad you are being honest hit yourself about what it is you like to do and what you make time for. That is what #adulting is all about.

That being said.... it'd make more sense to keep the :meata: for a beat as your only car and put a bike rack on it. OR, keep the :meata: for a beat and bail on # :jeep: lyfe and get a used JSW ( they are cheappppppp)

Just my opinion here but :jeep: / :truk: tend to make you forget why you like driving in the first place if you drive them too much
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Wait what?
DSG is objectively the better transmission for the 1.8T. Keeps boost on tap and feels faster. Sad! But true.

The manual is just kinda meh. Also gets a lower torque output than the DSG. :flaccid:

But I’m also coming to terms with the fact that cars aren’t giving me the same fizz they used to. And it’s a lot harder to get a ticket for having fun on a bike. :wap:

I want to ride more and be in better riding and physical shape, and cars are getting in the way of doing that. :(
I get all that but why not just keep the Jeep? Seems like the ideal vehicle overall. Still a bit of fun, but way more usable for day to day things.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 am

I get all that but why not just keep the Jeep? Seems like the ideal vehicle overall. Still a bit of fun, but way more usable for day to day things.
He might have to commute in the future, so :jeep: has to go.

I'd :nuke: the :meata: and get the :jeep: paid off in short order, but [user not found] and I have a difference of opinion there. :)
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Wait what?

There's nothing wrong with moving hobbies to the back burner as other interests get moved to the forefront. They don't have to be permanent either. I have several friends that have moved on from motorcycles to bicycles, skiing, cars, etc.

I used to be a pretty avid fisherman and hunter, and as I began getting deeper and deeper into motorcycles, those things were put on hold.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Seems like we need a new bread about the demise of the car enthusiast. :sad:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Wait what?

:popcorn:

I thought you liked doing truck stuff tho?

DSG sport wagon isn't a bad vehicle I guess. I wouldn't call them fun to drive, from my experience they're pretty much Jettas.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:57 am Seems like we need a new bread about the demise of the car enthusiast. :sad:
:notwrong:

:haus: , mudcamping, river rocks, bicycles, and :225: 's only
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

If you're trying to reduce costs, I'm not sure how smart a volkswagen diesel with a complicated exhaust and extremely complicated automatic trans with higher miles is. But. They do make a lot of sense size-wise, niceish interiors, TDI and DSG is a nice combo to daily. They're a little boaty but I guess sway bars could correct that. Drive the DSG in traffic before you make the ultimate call.

Might I suggest a CUV? Basically the same as the wagon just a little higher up but I guess at an MPG penalty vs a TDI.

:popcorn: