Car Talk 4: The Richard Hertz Rent-A-Car 500

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:02 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:51 am

I :member: her wanting a giant :truk: since the 1smp daze. Not surprised by the volt h8
Yea, I know. I'm just a fucking idiot that never learns. I will this time.

I suggested we lease a Ram so I can have a JLU, and she's all :sass: because she rode in a friend's Stelvio and loved it "so european" :rolleyes: . She also thinks the Compass is "super cute" but really wants a Grand Cherokee Summit.

:rolleyes:
A JGC wouldn't be the worst option?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:04 pm

I suggested we lease a Ram so I can have a JLU, and she's all :sass: because she rode in a friend's Stelvio and loved it "so european" :rolleyes: . She also thinks the Compass is "super cute" but really wants a Grand Cherokee Summit.

Let her pick her own thing. And Alfa is made in Italy so she is not :wrong:
Yep, I just need to take her to test drive things.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:08 pm

A JGC wouldn't be the worst option?
No...just no idea how they lease.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

She felt the soul
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm She felt the soul
:lolol: I guess.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm She felt the soul
And the passion which as her man you're supposed to provide I think. So Alfa it is.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm
And the passion which as her man you're supposed to provide I think. So Alfa it is.
It is 100% her decision. I will provide zero input. I'm sick of being fucked over by her blaming me for car decisions.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wonder if the Stelvio towing package also comes with Rubicon axles :math:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:18 pm Wonder if the Stelvio towing package also comes with Rubicon axles :math:
:lolgasm:
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:18 pm Wonder if the Stelvio towing package also comes with Rubicon axles :math:
:lolol:
Apex

That would be :neat: for EJS doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 pm That would be :neat: for EJS doe.
Not very "on brand" for Alfa :doe:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:22 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 pm That would be :neat: for EJS doe.
Not very "on brand" for Alfa :doe:
Not really... They're too busy trolling BMW.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I want my wife to want a Durango/JGC..

We have a lease expiring next year on the Touareg and I'm all "but what should I do" with that, so definitely :popcorn: the outcome of the dreaded truck :plac:

Buy out is pretty affordable, and it has been flawless this far. Super low mileage, 3.6V6, 8SPD auto, AWD, hill climb :bs: but it is going to be a 4 yr old VW with an outdated 9 year old head unit :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:38 pm I want my wife to want a Durango/JGC..

We have a lease expiring next year on the Touareg and I'm all "but what should I do" with that, so definitely :popcorn: the outcome of the dreaded truck :plac:

Buy out is pretty affordable, and it has been flawless this far. Super low mileage, 3.6V6, 8SPD auto, AWD, hill climb :bs: but it is going to be a 4 yr old VW with an outdated 9 year old head unit :disgust:
Dat new Kia :doe: ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Dat new Kia :doe: ?
One of my buddy's and his wife picked up the Teluride for her recently. I checked it out last week, didn't ride in it, but super sharp on the inside and out and it really feels like a high quality, luxurious vehicle. 5/7 choice for the price for a :tits: wagon.

The Durango is also quite nice though, my folks have one and it tows their Glamper very well all over the place. They've driven it 60k miles in three years with zero issues.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:impressive:

I didn't think a flawless Touareg was possible.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

If everyone likes it .... why not?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:57 pm

:impressive:

I didn't think a flawless Touareg was possible.
Two issues to date, the first one being a reflector on the bottom of the driver door falling off, the second one being the plastic cover on the windshield wiper.

I think that the snow brush knocked off the wiper arm cover.

Those are my sentiments to the tee! 2016 model.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I share this forum's contempt of women car buyers. Let me tell you a tale, which happened TODAY. Fresh news, brah.

We have a dogsitter, Sarena.....she stays at our house every time we leave for the reasonable sum of $50/day. She is a caterer by trade, and always makes yummy stuff for us to arrive home to. Sarena drives (until 2 days ago) this blue VR6 MkIV Jetta.........a cool car in its day, and still a cool car if maintained. This car is SO BEAT......desert burnt paint, and the VR6 has had a death rattle for more than a year...I am always :amazing: that it is still running. Finally 2 days ago it died. I have told her for a while that she should expect this, and she has been saving.......her car budget was $15K cash. She wants a biggish CUV.....a Toyota Highlander class vehicle. The problem is that Toyota Highlanders under $15K either have 125K miles on them, are 10 years old, or both. So today I send her this....

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto ... 91498.html

I ask her can somebody drive her down to Coronado? No. I say fine, tell the guy we'll be there at 11. (I always need to visit my ex brother in law in SD, probably to to lunch with my ex mother in law).

Now I am getting peppered with all these questions. Lady, your car is BLOWN UP. You have NO CAR. I found you a BEAUTIFUL, completely loaded CX-9. Hard loaded brah. Every option. With 61K miles on it, California car. I'm even bringing my ex brother in law, an auto mechanic, with a scan tool. She will absolutely love this thing. Just STFU, and go down and buy it. Jesus. :tits:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

11 on Sunday.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 pm I share this forum's contempt of women car buyers. Let me tell you a tale, which happened TODAY. Fresh news, brah.

We have a dogsitter, Sarena.....she stays at our house every time we leave for the reasonable sum of $50/day. She is a caterer by trade, and always makes yummy stuff for us to arrive home to. Sarena drives (until 2 days ago) this blue VR6 MkIV Jetta.........a cool car in its day, and still a cool car if maintained. This car is SO BEAT......desert burnt paint, and the VR6 has had a death rattle for more than a year...I am always :amazing: that it is still running. Finally 2 days ago it died. I have told her for a while that she should expect this, and she has been saving.......her car budget was $15K cash. She wants a biggish CUV.....a Toyota Highlander class vehicle. The problem is that Toyota Highlanders under $15K either have 125K miles on them, are 10 years old, or both. So today I send her this....

I ask her can somebody drive her down to Coronado? No. I say fine, tell the guy we'll be there at 11. (I always need to visit my ex brother in law in SD, probably to to lunch with my ex mother in law).

Now I am getting peppered with all these questions. Lady, your car is BLOWN UP. You have NO CAR. I found you a BEAUTIFUL, completely loaded CX-9. Hard loaded brah. Every option. With 61K miles on it, California car. I'm even bringing my ex brother in law, an auto mechanic, with a scan tool. She will absolutely love this thing. Just STFU, and go down and buy it. Jesus. :tits:
Best part about this is... anytime, anything will happen to this car it will go straight back to you. You're :doomed:

Also dog sitter slinging 15k cash for a car seems excessive, she should just buy something a lot more pedestrian than that.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 71289.html Like a Rav 4 and look at that leather loaded version...

or
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/ ... 77357.html
for 10k I'd stay away from obscure MAZDERPS that no one wanted new... let alone used.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 pm I share this forum's contempt of women car buyers. Let me tell you a tale, which happened TODAY. Fresh news, brah.

Best part about this is... anytime, anything will happen to this car it will go straight back to you. You're :doomed:

Also dog sitter slinging 15k cash for a car seems excessive, she should just buy something a lot more pedestrian than that.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 71289.html Like a Rav 4 and look at that leather loaded version...

or
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/ ... 77357.html
for 10k I'd stay away from obscure MAZDERPS that no one wanted new... let alone used.
:dat: I almost never recommend cars to friends any more, especially :tits: friends.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

N00dz of dogsitter?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:59 pm

If everyone likes it .... why not?
Its not bad..
Would like to see how others fair with this task... buy back is going to be 25k plus tax (about 50% of new cost), 4 yrs old and 35-40k on the odometer so it might not be the best move.

I might need to investigate this market segment, :disgust: :gag: