Car Talk 4: The Richard Hertz Rent-A-Car 500

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 pm

The used cars values are also insanely high at the moment, which is driving all this demand. It used to be that you can pick up a 3 year old car for 25-30% of MSRP. Now that number is at least 50%, making it far less enticing.
I don't understand the used vehicle market one bit. There has GOT to be something driving the weirdness.
More selection of cars that aren't cookie cutter templates with $900/month payments? Instead buy used and pay $600/month but get something :neat: or fun ?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 pm

The used cars values are also insanely high at the moment, which is driving all this demand. It used to be that you can pick up a 3 year old car for 25-30% of MSRP. Now that number is at least 50%, making it far less enticing.
I don't understand the used vehicle market one bit. There has GOT to be something driving the weirdness.
Poors not being able to afford to go new for some reason, yet going to places like Carmax. It puzzles me... Because it seems that they overpay constantly.
Also sub 4% unemployment... almost everyone needs a car
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:04 pm I think the problem with the auto industry is that none of the new cars are really exciting/compelling.

I'm talking normal cars, the volume movers, not high end low volume.

The move to mostly CUVs is a kiss of death IMO. They are all so fucking boring that it doesn't matter if you have the newest one, or one that is 7 years old. Its an appliance and if it still runs 90% of people will have no desire to upgrade it. The people that bought into them have given up all hope of having something "neat" or "nice" and are just waiting to die.

If they still had more cars that were somewhat sporty that are not $40k Those are the cars that make people want to update/upgrade, a CUV/minivan just needs to run until it dies a slow horrible death to most people. My sister and brother-in-law STILL have a POS 2002 Dodge Caravan because it runs with not too expensive repairs every year. By most people's standards if it was a small hatch or coupe it would have been replaced twice already. They literally give zero shits about replacing it though, because it still runs. Since then they have bought 4 other cars but even told me there's no good options anymore as they were thinking about another Focus soon.
80% of cars sold are boring. That's just the fact (They always were), that's what people NEED. Not like the model T was exciting... or VW Bug.

They don't care for road feel, acceleration etc. This is why Toyota is as big as it is. It is an appliance that works when you need it. My dad is still refusing to let go of his 400k mile crown vic. Non car people form bonds too and get attached to their vehicles.

:plac: is just rampant in car guys because we LOVE this stuff and want to experience it all.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:54 am

The acceleration is definitely exhilarating, but the steering feel, brake feel, all of that just suck. It's a great car for non car people. The whole vibe is that it's a throwaway thing like an iPhone... which many people like but is ultimately pretty :wasteful: . Saying that one here has opened my eyes to a nice bar debate I hope to instigate about my 17 year old :poorvette: being more environmentally sound.
I've been saying mostly this since we got our first Model S back in 2012. We had more than 20 Tesla's as test vehicles in ~4 years. Once the new wears off the "this is FAST from a stop" and "wow it's so quiet and strange" the cars are boring as fuck.

On top of that, my wife freaks out that the Toaster Oven/Air Fryer we bought warns to not leave it plugged in when not in use because fire risk (yet it has a clock display??!?). At least a handful of Tesla's are known to burn houses down. Pretty sure she'd demand it not be in the garage and parked with an extension cord on the street. :lol:
This is exactly why I don't have one. I drove one with a full intention to plop down 55k in cash, but I just couldn't do it. Too many : :amir: dirving them like absolute goons. I have several co workers that are the worlds worst drivers to say the least and they drive them like imbeciles. The Auto/saveyourlife kicks in 5/10 times on a "normal" drive because they can't gauge speed/distance etc. It was absolutely terrifying. I am glad it is saving others from their ineptitude.

I think it's a :neat: car that has epic features and is not bad to drive, but it doesn't do anything for a car enthusiast at this point. Especially when you have 100 others just like on the lot.

But I am not going to sit here and call it a POS. It isn't, tesla completely turned the car industry upside and down and is now forcing every single OEM to invest 9 figures each in order to catch up. And frankly they are not really even close at this point.

Tesla with their weed smoking inept CEO who is "good fo nofin" is obviously still WINNING. But somehow that brings in a lot of hate from various levels.

Facts is facts.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 pm I want to know the root cause of these few Tesla fires.

When I had the electrician run a line for EV charging in my new garage, he followed Tesla's requirements for their chargers. Dedicated 60 amp circuit, some sort of fancy copper wire, etc. He said they specify some heavy dude electrical things that's "overkill" for any other application. He went on to say that they follow Tesla's requirements because they're the most robust and they don't want to be on the hook for something catching fire. A charger that wasn't installed right could easily be the cause of these fires...not the car itself.

But that's an EV issue that applies to more than just Tesla.
Could be.

I put a 60amp line in for my compressor and another for maybe a car. We did the same thing and did it "right", but I wouldn't doubt this is a SW issue with the cars not throttling back on the juice consistently when the batteries get hot/full.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:02 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 pm

One area California is doing good.... banning single use bags and making people pay for a more sturdy plastic bag if they don't have their own. It has become routine to bring our own canvas bags into the store, so much so that we just did it in Nevada and Arizona w/o thinking about it and got funny looks from the cashier and bagger.
NJ is working on banning plastic bags AND paper.

The wife always brings her own bags, I'll admit I'm terrible about it because I hate clutter in my car. But a collapsible bag is an easy one to store.
Yeah, any bag here that is store provided costs a dime and guilt trip.

We use ones similar to these, they fold down flat and don't really get in the way: https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Grocery ... 066&sr=8-4
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:07 pm

The wife always brings her own bags, I'll admit I'm terrible about it because I hate clutter in my car. But a collapsible bag is an easy one to store.
It's weird it seems to be dependent on city/county as well.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:08 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:07 pm

It's weird it seems to be dependent on city/county as well.
It used to be, but went state wide. This is only for grocery stores though from what I have read. That's why you still get bags at fast food or other stores. Grocery stores are/were the gross polluters though, with many bags and many of them double and triple bagged for each customer.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:56 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:29 am

Some catch fire while charging in people's garage, nothing more and nothing less. It's a known issue. I wouldn't be ready to buy one yet and not because they can catch fire like they sometimes do, but because I don't think transfering the pollution problem from the tail pipe to the manufacturing process (rare earth mining) and the electricity producers doesn't actually make the earth cleaner.

Secondly, long range or not, I feel that a P-car is a much nicer EV to own then a Model S. It is well put together and they don't throw every control on a screen to save money. If the driver is better suited with real gauges and buttons then Porsche adds that, and body panels actually fit up.

You know it doesn't matter what I say cause you're generally a demeaning dick to me more often then not, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one you act that way to so I digress, I'm not here to teach you life lessons.

Since you're singling me out for some unknown reason :disgust: You're also layering random shit into your posts that I have never talked about.

See below:

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:22 pm Yea they are obviously the reason we have wildfires every year now. Clear correlation between number of teslas on the road and wild fires.

Max:

It is these constant dickhead replies that make me single you out. They are constant from you whenever I share any thoughts, especially about Tesla. You hold a strong bias towards them and will cut people apart whenever you get the urge to, I know that you are proud that Elon Musk build this new empire in your home state and you deserve to me. I'm proud for you; however, You do deserve to be called out for your smartass responses to me, and I am not shy about doing it. Maybe if you treated other people's thoughts and opinions as equal you can be respected as an equal. Frankly I'm a bit frustrated. Where did I say that the house fire from a T has anything to do with wildfires. That's your own added garbage to illustrate to our peers that you are superior to me (and others).

Where did I state that Elon is saving the world?

You have stated that he is your idol/hero and I'm happy for you. But your attitude towards me because I bring up a Tesla house fire is on you, and its rude.

Where did I state anything about pollution ?

It has little to do with you, but is a valid point. Why are people buying electric cars? Is it to curb greenhouse gasses? If so they are misinformed and I'm sure you're smart enough to know that.

Where did I state that the Tesla drives better?

Side conversation, also not about you. Tesla does drive well, low center of gravity helps a lot. In theory this design is superior, but make no mistake about it, Tesla is in trouble if they don't adopt the effort to build a better car overall because there will be many rivals, unlike a couple of years ago. If someone buys a Taycan at least they are getting the performance measure of a 911 in many ways, which I think is cool for a large four door sedan. Outstanding actually!

Don't spew bullshit unless you can back it up maple syrup boy.

You're constantly spewing bullshit, and this statement emphasizes more of it. If you weren't so callous you wouldn't be called out. Everything I mentioned today are my personal beliefs and experiences, and I'm just as entitled to sharing them as you do. You're only going ape-shit right now because I'm calling you out on it. Cool your jets.

Secondly, calling me syrup boy doesn't resonate with me whatsoever but it does make you look like rude again.

To bring us back to what my points were:
1. Yes Porsche fucked up by having a 201 mile range that's indisputable. A 50k model 3 goes 300 miles, a 200k P car should go 400/500. Lets argue about that. I think its not acceptable what is your take?

My take is that there is a reason why the same or similar capacity battery gets used up faster, in my opinion the P-car probably has drive train rated strongly enough to last more then a few years and they don't want customers waiting on warranty claims in droves because of burned out motors. Bigger motors take more power to operate, so there are my initial thoughts. If that is the case then the high performing Tesla that gets ludicrous 0-60 acceleration may be doing damage to itself. Still not something I would plunk 120 large for, maybe over time if it proves to be reliable.

2. Also to get back to this whole "teslas catch of fire". Are you that naive that you're willing to ignore the millions of gasoline cars catching on fire for multitude of reasons? Shit happens cars are complex.

They don't catch fire in people's homes will turned off. That is a legitimate concern for me, considering that my first borne son sleeps in a room right above the garage. I feel like a gas car that catches fire will do so while I'm present and alert, I prefer that. Is that naïve? I think not.

And unless you have some data to show that Teslas catch on fire more than an average car I am willing to argue this as well. So far no evidence was presented for this, on the contrary, Teslas have some of the lowest fatality rates per mile driven out of any vehicle. That is an indisputable fact.

Fair point and a good argument, I like where the discussion has moved towards. I'm not blind to facts Max, as much as I think you treat others with disrespect I can respect when you speak facts.

They have the highest ranges in the electric car world fact

Great, and that may play a part in many people's car buying decision making, especially those who travel more then 200 miles in a given day or need to do so on occasion and don't have a way to plug in.

They are selling more than anyone else fact

Only game in town... for now.

What are your gripes with facts?

Nothing, just your attitude.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:30 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Since you're singling me out for some unknown reason :disgust: You're also layering random shit into your posts that I have never talked about.

See below:

Max:

It is these constant dickhead replies that make me single you out. They are constant from you whenever I share any thoughts, especially about Tesla. You hold a strong bias towards them and will cut people apart whenever you get the urge to, I know that you are proud that Elon Musk build this new empire in your home state and you deserve to me. I'm proud for you; however, You do deserve to be called out for your smartass responses to me, and I am not shy about doing it. Maybe if you treated other people's thoughts and opinions as equal you can be respected as an equal. Frankly I'm a bit frustrated. Where did I say that the house fire from a T has anything to do with wildfires. That's your own added garbage to illustrate to our peers that you are superior to me (and others).

Where did I state that Elon is saving the world?

You have stated that he is your idol/hero and I'm happy for you. But your attitude towards me because I bring up a Tesla house fire is on you, and its rude.

Where did I state anything about pollution ?

It has little to do with you, but is a valid point. Why are people buying electric cars? Is it to curb greenhouse gasses? If so they are misinformed and I'm sure you're smart enough to know that.

Where did I state that the Tesla drives better?

Side conversation, also not about you. Tesla does drive well, low center of gravity helps a lot. In theory this design is superior, but make no mistake about it, Tesla is in trouble if they don't adopt the effort to build a better car overall because there will be many rivals, unlike a couple of years ago. If someone buys a Taycan at least they are getting the performance measure of a 911 in many ways, which I think is cool for a large four door sedan. Outstanding actually!

Don't spew bullshit unless you can back it up maple syrup boy.

You're constantly spewing bullshit, and this statement emphasizes more of it. If you weren't so callous you wouldn't be called out. Everything I mentioned today are my personal beliefs and experiences, and I'm just as entitled to sharing them as you do. You're only going ape-shit right now because I'm calling you out on it. Cool your jets.

Secondly, calling me syrup boy doesn't resonate with me whatsoever but it does make you look like rude again.

To bring us back to what my points were:
1. Yes Porsche fucked up by having a 201 mile range that's indisputable. A 50k model 3 goes 300 miles, a 200k P car should go 400/500. Lets argue about that. I think its not acceptable what is your take?

My take is that there is a reason why the same or similar capacity battery gets used up faster, in my opinion the P-car probably has drive train rated strongly enough to last more then a few years and they don't want customers waiting on warranty claims in droves because of burned out motors. Bigger motors take more power to operate, so there are my initial thoughts. If that is the case then the high performing Tesla that gets ludicrous 0-60 acceleration may be doing damage to itself. Still not something I would plunk 120 large for, maybe over time if it proves to be reliable.

2. Also to get back to this whole "teslas catch of fire". Are you that naive that you're willing to ignore the millions of gasoline cars catching on fire for multitude of reasons? Shit happens cars are complex.

They don't catch fire in people's homes will turned off. That is a legitimate concern for me, considering that my first borne son sleeps in a room right above the garage. I feel like a gas car that catches fire will do so while I'm present and alert, I prefer that. Is that naïve? I think not.

And unless you have some data to show that Teslas catch on fire more than an average car I am willing to argue this as well. So far no evidence was presented for this, on the contrary, Teslas have some of the lowest fatality rates per mile driven out of any vehicle. That is an indisputable fact.

Fair point and a good argument, I like where the discussion has moved towards. I'm not blind to facts Max, as much as I think you treat others with disrespect I can respect when you speak facts.

They have the highest ranges in the electric car world fact

Great, and that may play a part in many people's car buying decision making, especially those who travel more then 200 miles in a given day or need to do so on occasion and don't have a way to plug in.

They are selling more than anyone else fact

Only game in town... for now.

What are your gripes with facts?

Nothing, just your attitude.
My attitude on what?

You're triggered that your neighbors house caught on fire and that it may or may not have been due to the tesla. Somehow in your mind you connected that to me, because I happen to like the CEO of Tesla and what they have done to shape the automotive landscape. I do think that going electric makes more sense for the future than using ICE. So if you want to argue that lets go. You're the one that made it person in that one long rant after I posted Nazi Greta.

I don't see what your gripe is, period. You can state that you don't want to drive teslas because they catch on fire, due to personal experience. I will point out that Teslas are some of the/if not the best electric cars in the market now and pose no greater fire risk than your at home Furnace that I am sure is responsible for more fire deaths of infants than a Tesla car.

You're the one that called me out, yet now you're trying to make this about me somehow? :wtf: I haven't pointed anything in your direction other than point out the obvious.
max225

One area California is doing good.... banning single use bags and making people pay for a more sturdy plastic bag if they don't have their own. It has become routine to bring our own canvas bags into the store, so much so that we just did it in Nevada and Arizona w/o thinking about it and got funny looks from the cashier and bagger.

Yet we have everyone and their mom ordering from Amazon, that requires 100x more packaging and resources to deliver a baby diaper to your house. :disgust: We're disgusting creatures folks... our way of life is nothing short of despicable. Look no further than your local landfill and the countless hordes of humans we call fell citizens that consume/destroy/waste everything in sight.

We'll get wiped off this planet eventually, so :whocares:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Guys I feel like you both need to come over to Uncle Desert's place for some Canadian Club and Stolichnaya shots and get all of this behind us.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:42 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:30 pm
My attitude on what?

You're triggered that your neighbors house caught on fire and that it may or may not have been due to the tesla. Somehow in your mind you connected that to me, because I happen to like the CEO of Tesla and what they have done to shape the automotive landscape. I do think that going electric makes more sense for the future than using ICE. So if you want to argue that lets go. You're the one that made it person in that one long rant after I posted Nazi Greta.

I don't see what your gripe is, period. You can state that you don't want to drive teslas because they catch on fire, due to personal experience. I will point out that Teslas are some of the/if not the best electric cars in the market now and pose no greater fire risk than your at home Furnace that I am sure is responsible for more fire deaths of infants than a Tesla car.

You're the one that called me out, yet now you're trying to make this about me somehow? :wtf: I haven't pointed anything in your direction other than point out the obvious.
I called you out because instead of having a normal dialog about Teslas both catching fire while charging in the media and on an actual street that I live on you tried to discredit my observation and :gtfo: by referencing the California fires, is that pointing out the obvious? Do you not think people would feel offended by that?

At least admit that your response was condescending, I'm willing to drop it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:05 pm Guys I feel like you both need to come over to Uncle Desert's place for some Canadian Club and Stolichnaya shots and get all of this behind us.
I'm game and enjoy both tasty beverages. I think we would get drunk and fight before we became besties, but wouldn't doubt we would get along after that. :lolol:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:07 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:42 pm
My attitude on what?

I called you out because instead of having a normal dialog about Teslas both catching fire while charging in the media and on an actual street that I live on you tried to discredit my observation and :gtfo: by referencing the California fires, is that pointing out the obvious? Do you not think people would feel offended by that?

Dude I wasn’t even thinking about it like that ? I also don’t understand me connecting your neighbor to make fun of both Tesla and California wildfires which affect me annually is condescending to you.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:15 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Dude I wasn’t even thinking about it like that ? I also don’t understand me connecting your neighbor to make fun of both Tesla and California wildfires which affect me annually is condescending to you.
It was your quoted response to my post to illustrate that my concerns with a tesla garage fire on my street are as founded as the correlation between wild fires and the number of teslas on the road, implying that I am a moran. Which is kind of funny, I have to admit but is kind of insulting as well.

Look if it's cool with you I'm sorry for my role in our disagreement.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Everyone around me is buying Hyundai’s and Kias because cheap. Have only seen maybe one new Mazda 3.

People held off buying cars in the recession. Then they ought cars after it. Maybe just fewer people need new cars now.
Cars are lasting longer, people are keeping them longer.

I may actually keep the wife's MINI beyond 100k. #1) I can't find a replacement :manuel: Cooper and #2) Her car's been great thus far.

Should probably start budgeting for that decision. It's due for plugs and a motor mount at the very least.
Budgeting for $100 in parts? :notsure:

Believe it or not, owning a car long enough to put a set of :225: on it ain't all that expensive (other than the :225: set) :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I too hate clutter but it's really nothing, they fold flat. I store them in the under trunk cubbies in both of my cars.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:15 pm

It was your quoted response to my post to illustrate that my concerns with a tesla garage fire on my street are as founded as the correlation between wild fires and the number of teslas on the road, implying that I am a moran. Which is kind of funny, I have to admit but is kind of insulting as well.

I'm just being 100% honest with you. I wasn't trying to make you sound like a moron at all. I literally didn't even think of it like that.

That comment was to make fun of my own "misfortune" of living in cali and having to deal with the fires, while housing the Teslas. I literally didn't even make a connection as such.

:themoreyouknow: Sorry you felt like I was insulting you, that was not my intent, I was trying to make a self deprecating joke :wub:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:10 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 pm

I'm just being 100% honest with you. I wasn't trying to make you sound like a moron at all. I literally didn't even think of it like. That comment was to make fun of my own "misfortune" of living in cali and having to deal with the fires. I literally didn't even make a connection as such.

:themoreyouknow: Sorry you felt like I was insulting you i literally didn't even make that connection :wub:
Sorry Max, I'll clarify before thinking you are being an elitist ass next time. I generally think you're a really cool dude and I enjoy your contributions a lot, even the bias ones (we all have them based on life experiences, so I'm not being a smart ass), but you're smart and have a good perspective on many broad subject matter. I usually jump on the forum when I get a second and typically follow and agree your perspective most times. It does feel a bit like you get defensive about Tesla whenever anyone illustrates a negative bias, not just me. I'm just not quite there with the brand but respect what they've done to the car industry in a big way! They are a cool for sure.

I don't hold grudges in any case in my personal life or here, hopefully you don't hold a grudge with me either. :wub:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:28 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:10 pm

I'm just being 100% honest with you. I wasn't trying to make you sound like a moron at all. I literally didn't even think of it like. That comment was to make fun of my own "misfortune" of living in cali and having to deal with the fires. I literally didn't even make a connection as such.

:themoreyouknow: Sorry you felt like I was insulting you i literally didn't even make that connection :wub:
Sorry Max, I'll clarify before thinking you are being an elitist ass next time. I generally think you're a really cool dude and I enjoy your contributions a lot, even the bias ones (we all have them based on life experiences, so I'm not being a smart ass), but you're smart and have a good perspective on many broad subject matter. I usually jump on the forum when I get a second and typically follow and agree your perspective most times. It does feel a bit like you get defensive about Tesla whenever anyone illustrates a negative bias, not just me. I'm just not quite there with the brand but respect what they've done to the car industry in a big way! They are a cool for sure.

I don't hold grudges in any case in my personal life or here, hopefully you don't hold a grudge with me either. :wub:
:wub: glad we got it settled. I actually got super excited with your new avatar and was waiting to use the even more extreme version I got through my friends, I figured you would get a kick out of also somehow it all backfired :yikes: :)

No hard feelings at all, I really enjoy reading all your posts as well :sissyfight: so there we have it. I really try not to be elitist at all, but I think my sarcasm sometimes doesn't show, I think I talk shit about Cali more so than most on here. (see my needle rant)

So back to our scheduled banter :D
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:33 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:28 pm

:wub: glad we got it settled. I actually got super excited with your new avatar and was waiting to use the even more extreme version I got through my friends, I figured you would get a kick out of also somehow it all backfired :yikes: :)

No hard feelings at all, I really enjoy reading all your posts as well :sissyfight: so there we have it. I really try not to be elitist at all, but I think my sarcasm sometimes doesn't show, I think I talk shit about Cali more so than most on here. (see my needle rant)

So back to our scheduled banter :D
I did get a kick out of it, the timing was :lol:

Greta :trigger: me along with some of the "save the earth movement" mainly because it's riddled with corruption and most :derp: don't see the half of it, but I do think some good will come out of it at least from an awareness perspective. Just once I'd like to see someone come up with a better solution that doesn't include adding taxes which get spent on bullshit.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Speaking of car banter does anyone else feel that Europe does a better job of sequencing street lights then NA? Maybe it's just a Toronto thing but I can't accelerate from a stopped light to catch the next light unless I'm going 15-20 over the speed limit. Is this a matter of incompetence or by design?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also the avatar came from a sticker some dude put on his Viper... right above the tail pipes :lolol: :lolgasm:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 pm I want to know the root cause of these few Tesla fires.

When I had the electrician run a line for EV charging in my new garage, he followed Tesla's requirements for their chargers. Dedicated 60 amp circuit, some sort of fancy copper wire, etc. He said they specify some heavy dude electrical things that's "overkill" for any other application. He went on to say that they follow Tesla's requirements because they're the most robust and they don't want to be on the hook for something catching fire. A charger that wasn't installed right could easily be the cause of these fires...not the car itself.

But that's an EV issue that applies to more than just Tesla.
Panel gaps and paint quality