Car Talk 4: The Richard Hertz Rent-A-Car 500

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 pm

There is not one person on here who likes Fraud. Also I don't see the draw in that thing at all. 56k for a raised minivan. Everyone would much rather GT3 or M2 or countless of other cars that are much more enjoyable to drive.
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Fled and :[user not found]: are former FoST owners, Zilch is a current FiST owner.
Please tell :225:

:sass: :pout:

:trollface:
I have a 410k mile Fraud. There is no more FOST and FIST, and one person hasn't even owned one in years?
So what exactly is the point? Fraud just shovels garbage right now.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I was pretty impressed with the new Lincolns I saw at the auto show. I love the Mustang... that's kinda it.

For :truk: Ram is better
For SUV :jeep: is better
For CUV Mazderp is better
For car... oh wait
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:53 pm I was pretty impressed with the new Lincolns I saw at the auto show. I love the Mustang... that's kinda it.

For car... oh wait
Yep mustang is the only "real car" left and it feels quite old in the tooth. :whocares: about lincolns. They used to have great cars before fraud completely gutted the brand in order to stay afloat during the fin crisis.

One positive about them is, they didn't take a .gov bailout that everyone already forgot about :lol:
max225

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L4iWN0Q-SY

So i wonder if this will be at the SF auto show.... hmm
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Saw some poor fuck on the highway pull over into the median where the highways split. Thought he was just another retard driver that's lost.

Nope

His hood was covering his windshield. The latch failed and slammed the hood against the windshield. Holy shit.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:52 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 pm

Please tell :225:

:sass: :pout:

:trollface:
I have a 410k mile Fraud. There is no more FOST and FIST, and one person hasn't even owned one in years?
So what exactly is the point? Fraud just shovels garbage right now.
:nevermind:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:53 pm I was pretty impressed with the new Lincolns I saw at the auto show. I love the Mustang... that's kinda it.

For car... oh wait
Yep mustang is the only "real car" left and it feels quite old in the tooth. :whocares: about lincolns. They used to have great cars before fraud completely gutted the brand in order to stay afloat during the fin crisis.

One positive about them is, they didn't take a .gov bailout that everyone already forgot about :lol:
Mulally changed that brand. Funny thing is, all the current cars are from his regime. And they're now old as hell. And the new stuff has no direction.

Ecosport? Shit.
New Escape? Shit.
Exploder? Not bad actually, I think they look ok on the outside but disgusting inside so that's a fail too.

I actually think Lincoln is in a better position than the Fraud brand right now. They're embracing the American Luxury concept.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:50 pm I like ford
You just got a new brz...
Which ford do you like ?
Only Mustang now, used to like the cars when they existed.

I still really want a mustang but wanted the 86 slightly more. If the Mustang were 5% smaller (i.e. M3/M4 size) I'd have bought it instead.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

For car... oh wait

The Lincoln interiors were seriously :mindblown: way better than MB, BMW, etc.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:41 pm
max225 wrote:
You just got a new brz...
Which ford do you like ?
Only Mustang now, used to like the cars when they existed.

I still really want a mustang but wanted the 86 slightly more. If the Mustang were 5% smaller (i.e. M3/M4 size) I'd have bought it instead.
Well you voted with your wallet. Just adding to the issue. Fraud is complete garbage right now... if shit was to hit the fan they would be the first one going under. I literally can't recommend a single ford vehicle to anyone. That doesn't stand with any other brand.

The only brand that I think is doing worse is Mitsubishi and likely tied with Nissan. :disgust:

Toyota/Honda are at least trying. Slanty H Koreans are superior in every offering.
Hell I'd much rather recommend a Telluride to any Explorer and Explorer is their ONLY decent model right now... Pathetic.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 pm

The Lincoln interiors were seriously :mindblown: way better than MB, BMW, etc.
yep they have gotten some attention, but I don't think it'll float the brand... but who knows.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Irish wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:03 pm I saw my first Exploder ST in the wild today..... it looks pretty sharp IMO ..... Given the DFD love of :stig: :burnout: performance and love of :truk: I'm a little surprised that no one owns one of these or given the collective DFD :jeep: :boner: a Trackhawk.....
My dad drives the Explorer Sport (3.5tt eco boost 365 hp). Yes it's :plaid: but that's about it, just a plain ol CUV that just handles a little better, steering is not what I would car precise and the stock trans programming doesn't hold a candle to the DSGay nor zf 8 speed in my experience when it comes to gunning while rolling at certain speeds, not very responsive, but a smooth auto. Although the ST is 4.0TT with 400 hp AFAIK with the 10 speed dual clutch and the new explorer platform is RWD.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L4iWN0Q-SY

Will it do a :burnout: :doe:
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:30 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L4iWN0Q-SY

:( prolly not.
Yesterday it rained hard here .... was trying to get wheel spin and instead i got violent wheel hop. 😔
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Yesterday it rained hard here .... was trying to get wheel spin and instead i got violent wheel hop. 😔
Gosh darn technology :wap:

Just let me do a burnout :wap:

:(
Johnny_P

That was my GTI too :sad: it was awful

You need a pickup truck
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 pm

You need a pickup truck
:jeep:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:41 pm Only Mustang now, used to like the cars when they existed.

Well you voted with your wallet. Just adding to the issue. Fraud is complete garbage right now... if shit was to hit the fan they would be the first one going under. I literally can't recommend a single ford vehicle to anyone. That doesn't stand with any other brand.

The only brand that I think is doing worse is Mitsubishi and likely tied with Nissan. :disgust:

Toyota/Honda are at least trying. Slanty H Koreans are superior in every offering.
Hell I'd much rather recommend a Telluride to any Explorer and Explorer is their ONLY decent model right now... Pathetic.
Telluride are fuckin bomb doe. I’d drive one.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 pm

You need a pickup truck
:jeep:
Maybe but a truck is more fun because no weight over the rear axle. Especially ones with a V8. They’re like muscle cars.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Mulally changed that brand. Funny thing is, all the current cars are from his regime. And they're now old as hell. And the new stuff has no direction.

Ecosport? Shit.
New Escape? Shit.
Exploder? Not bad actually, I think they look ok on the outside but disgusting inside so that's a fail too.

I actually think Lincoln is in a better position than the Fraud brand right now. They're embracing the American Luxury concept.
Lincoln is killing it.

I love to see it.
:dat:

Finally.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

My FoST was fun. My Ford Racing tuned FoST was more fun. That car was a FWD muscle car... it loved being rowdy and up on three wheels. Then it started chewing through oil and had less than zero dealer help so it went to the great big depreciation farm in the sky.

The FoRS was incredible to drive, but poor seating position and the whole “sitting in a $45k car with a $18k car interior” ruined it for me.
Irish

For car... oh wait

I see your general car post policing and raise you some idiom policing......

FYI...the saying is Long in the tooth....

The phrase “long in the tooth” originates from horses, or more specifically, a horse’s teeth. How so? Because the older a horse gets, the longer their teeth become. So it is possible to give an approximation for how old a horse is simply by looking at their teeth.

Now, let’s talk about when this expression shows up in print. There’s a small snippet in an article printed in the Huron Daily Huronite newspaper from the year 1889 that uses this expression. It is used in reference to a horse. To give context for the following quote, someone was in the market to buy a horse, and while analyzing a possible candidate, he had doubts about the horse’s age, so he said:

“‘Open his mouth. What did you say his age was? I think he’s a little long in the tooth. Seven years did you say he was? I should call him 10 or 11 years old.'”

Today, this phrase is used to describe the age of people or things, not just horses.
max225

Irish wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:59 am

The phrase “long in the tooth” originates from horses, or more specifically, a horse’s teeth. How so? Because the older a horse gets, the longer their teeth become. So it is possible to give an approximation for how old a horse is simply by looking at their teeth.

Now, let’s talk about when this expression shows up in print. There’s a small snippet in an article printed in the Huron Daily Huronite newspaper from the year 1889 that uses this expression. It is used in reference to a horse. To give context for the following quote, someone was in the market to buy a horse, and while analyzing a possible candidate, he had doubts about the horse’s age, so he said:

“‘Open his mouth. What did you say his age was? I think he’s a little long in the tooth. Seven years did you say he was? I should call him 10 or 11 years old.'”

Today, this phrase is used to describe the age of people or things, not just horses.
:themoreyouknow:

Ty
Irish

:howdy:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:59 am

:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.