Car Talk 4: The Richard Hertz Rent-A-Car 500

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 am Man.....

Local KIA :dillerman: (@chalupabatman) got the new Stingah GTS in.

fuck. im so torn. I might go make a powl.

I would never have 2 car notes. I still really like my :gorf: but I really want to hoon on a GTS with a tune for a minute.

KIA is throwing CRAZY lease cash at a lot of cars and the GTS isnt excluded... $8k lease cash PLUS id get a few more :scrooge: dollhairs off from the hookup.

it could be a $330/mo 24 mo lease... :moist:
What makes the GTS different from a regular stinger?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:08 am

I would never have 2 car notes. I still really like my :gorf: but I really want to hoon on a GTS with a tune for a minute.

KIA is throwing CRAZY lease cash at a lot of cars and the GTS isnt excluded... $8k lease cash PLUS id get a few more :scrooge: dollhairs off from the hookup.

What makes the GTS different from a regular stinger?
-Limited run. only in orange. suede headliner, orange accents. real exterior CF parts. lighter weight than GT2 trim.

New for this model is a freshly developed dynamic all-wheel drive system with added drift mode. Drift mode sends up to 100 percent of the power to the rear wheels and it holds the gears without upshifting. New control logic also comes on the GTS. This includes better slip control, counter-steer detection, and enhanced stability control. The GTS is available with either D-AWD or RWD. Design-wise, the GTS comes with carbon fiber parts that outline its signature tiger-nose grille as well as side mirror caps and side vents.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

The gt2, is 54k Limited Edition run for $340 :notsure:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Stingers look great on the road. Heard one the other day and it sounded decent too.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 am The gt2, is 54k Limited Edition run for $340 :notsure:
the GTS has less tech package stuff and is $42k MSRP.
max225

dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 am
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 am The gt2, is 54k Limited Edition run for $340 :notsure:
the GTS has less tech package stuff and is $42k MSRP.
Oooo that should be close den.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:23 pm

ALL THE ORANGE CARS!

:jimp:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:23 pm

ALL THE ORANGE CARS!

:megusta:

but i thought you werent doing the :dill:
max225

So what is the actual :dill: on the Kia... 340 a month on a TT Fake Fake BMW sounds pretty darn good.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:35 pm One of my buddy's bought a C3 Corvette this weekend.

Went and checked it out last night. Pretty :neat: car, I'm looking forward to driving it. :sad: that it's an auto, but he really wanted "numbers matching" and I guess that + :manuel: is :waxer:
The C3 is nice to look at, but really sucks to drive. You're right that the 4 speed cars carry a premium, especially on the early years. I always tell people to just look at the later C3s. The old guys shun the urethane bumper cars, but that just means you can get the same car for much less money. It still has a SBC, and you are the limitation in adding power.
But if you are looking for performance, it is better to just look at C4s, which are almost always cheaper than C3s. Or just go for a C5, since they are starting to crest that C4 price territory.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:50 am Three screens on one dash. :impressive: levels of :fullretard: , even by modern standards.

:facepalm: :disgust:
RIP actual buttons, knobs, and switches. :(
:pouroneout:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:14 pm So what is the actual :dill: on the Kia... 340 a month on a TT Fake Fake BMW sounds pretty darn good.
I'll get my buddy to put real numbers together.

Sadly his ONLY gts was damaged in transport. Rock chipped to hell and chipped CF mirror. :pouroneout:

I stopped him from giving me real numbers because it was too tempting. Sub $350 for 24/mo $0 to $1k down it totally in realm of possible.
max225

dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:23 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:14 pm So what is the actual :dill: on the Kia... 340 a month on a TT Fake Fake BMW sounds pretty darn good.
I'll get my buddy to put real numbers together.

Sadly his ONLY gts was damaged in transport. Rock chipped to hell and chipped CF mirror. :pouroneout:

I stopped him from giving me real numbers because it was too tempting. Sub $350 for 24/mo $0 to $1k down it totally in realm of possible.
:wtf: that’s killer... they are $500 a month here
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Trying to sell my winter tire set up on Craigslist. Tons of replies asking about what kinda car they were on. I tell them the bolt pattern and then get nothing back.

Can't imagine it's that hard to find another person with a car that these tires will fit.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:09 am Trying to sell my winter tire set up on Craigslist. Tons of replies asking about what kinda car they were on. I tell them the bolt pattern and then get nothing back.

Can't imagine it's that hard to find another person with a car that these tires will fit.
People don't know what bolt pattern means. They're hoping you're going to text or email back that they were on a silver Chevy Cruze LT auto because that's what they drive.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:52 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:09 am Trying to sell my winter tire set up on Craigslist. Tons of replies asking about what kinda car they were on. I tell them the bolt pattern and then get nothing back.

People don't know what bolt pattern means. They're hoping you're going to text or email back that they were on a silver Chevy Cruze LT auto because that's what they drive.
:dat:

Lazy morons, or "normal people" that aren't into cars other than getting "tints" and :ramz:

Man, just saying that made me almost seize.. The use of "tints" for tint and "mines" for mine by the young morons out there makes me :rage:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:17 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:52 am

:dat:

Lazy morons, or "normal people" that aren't into cars other than getting "tints" and :ramz:

Man, just saying that made me almost seize.. The use of "tints" for tint and "mines" for mine by the young morons out there makes me :rage:
yeet
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I think this looks pretty darn awesome for $300/month. I love the Stingah. I don't think I'd want to give up :manuel: but if you don't care about that, why not?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

The Stinger drives great and has great ergonomics and a hatch. Too bad it's yuge and has tiny rear windows. I'm :notsure: that I can actually buy one as a result.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm The Stinger drives great and has great ergonomics and a hatch. Too bad it's yuge and has tiny rear windows. I'm :notsure: that I can actually buy one as a result.
Which model did you drive ?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:06 pm I was never a fan of the C3, even when they were new. Massive overhangs, stupid interior, shit ergonomics, ugly steering wheel, strangled boat anchor V8's. :nope:
The C4 was such a better car in pretty much every way.
There was nothing strangled about the L71 tri-carb solid lifter 427 available in 68-69.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm The Stinger drives great and has great ergonomics and a hatch. Too bad it's yuge and has tiny rear windows. I'm :notsure: that I can actually buy one as a result.
4 cylinder AWD version. The 4 has plenty of power for it, especially with the short gearing of the 8 speed, and the seating position is great. I wanted to buy one but I'm too cheap.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:34 pm
max225 wrote:
4 cylinder AWD version. The 4 has plenty of power for it, especially with the short gearing of the 8 speed, and the seating position is great. I wanted to buy one but I'm too cheap.
It seems to me that they are going to be worthless in 24 months... so why not wait a bit and get it used ? Like i did with the mini.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:34 pm 4 cylinder AWD version. The 4 has plenty of power for it, especially with the short gearing of the 8 speed, and the seating position is great. I wanted to buy one but I'm too cheap.
It seems to me that they are going to be worthless in 24 months... so why not wait a bit and get it used ? Like i did with the mini.
Yeah that's not a car to buy new.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.