Sup wit all the high beam driving?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Lately, there seems to have been a huge uptick in assholes driving with their high beams on. I'm not talking about the person on a poorly lit back road forgetting to switch back to lows for the first car they've passed in the last 10 miles, but the dickwads who are sitting in traffic on properly lit streets and are destroying the retinas of everyone around them. Is it just my area, or is anyone else noticing this trend?

Dafuq? Why?

I can only think of two options: their low beams burned out and they are too lazy/stupid to change the fucking bulbs, or they legitimately think the blue indicator means their lights are on.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:46 pm Lately, there seems to have been a huge uptick in assholes driving with their high beams on. I'm not talking about the person on a poorly lit back road forgetting to switch back to lows for the first car they've passed in the last 10 miles, but the dickwads who are sitting in traffic on properly lit streets and are destroying the retinas of everyone around them. Is it just my area, or is anyone else noticing this trend?

Dafuq? Why?

I can only think of two options: their low beams burned out and they are too lazy/stupid to change the fucking bulbs, or they legitimately think the blue indicator means their lights are on.
Human beings are horrible? /:bread:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

No one knows what the blue light in the dash means. Or when high beams are appropriate, based on my conversations with those who do it in my inner circle.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:50 pm No one knows what the blue light in the dash means. Or when high beams are appropriate, based on my conversations with those who do it in my inner circle.
The blue light in the dash has been around since the 50s.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:46 pm Lately, there seems to have been a huge uptick in assholes driving with their high beams on. I'm not talking about the person on a poorly lit back road forgetting to switch back to lows for the first car they've passed in the last 10 miles, but the dickwads who are sitting in traffic on properly lit streets and are destroying the retinas of everyone around them. Is it just my area, or is anyone else noticing this trend?

Dafuq? Why?

I dated a chick that legit thought the lights weren't on if the blue indicator wasn't on. I told her otherwise, but she didn't care. Drove like it anyway because "that's what she always did".

That relationshit didn't last long.

I too have noticed a lot of drivers around here doing the same thing, but actually more people not driving with any lights on at all, oblivious. Our highways are reasonably lit, but driving without lights on at all is super hazardous when people are changing lanes and whatnot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:51 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:50 pm No one knows what the blue light in the dash means. Or when high beams are appropriate, based on my conversations with those who do it in my inner circle.
The blue light in the dash has been around since the 50s.
Honda doesn't help the matter since they removed the coolant gayge and now have a second blue light for "cold" car every time it starts, for those giving 0 fucks about the shape of the icon, the color is confusing. Yes these type of people drive and someone got their licenses.

Ignore vid look at pic only
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Dafuq? Why?

I dated a chick that legit thought the lights weren't on if the blue indicator wasn't on. I told her otherwise, but she didn't care. Drove like it anyway because "that's what she always did".

That relationshit didn't last long.

I too have noticed a lot of drivers around here doing the same thing, but actually more people not driving with any lights on at all, oblivious. Our highways are reasonably lit, but driving without lights on at all is super hazardous when people are changing lanes and whatnot.
Check please.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This thread is just another list of reasons to hole up with Randy Weaver in the mountains of Idaho with my guns, my god, and my still.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I see people driving with headphones in all the time.

Most days I'll see at least one person driving around with side mirrors folded in. Usually just one side. Sometimes you get lucky and it's both sides though.

Most days I'll see a handful of people driving with only their DRLs and no full headlights.

Every single drive I see multiple people talking on the phone, holding it flat in front of their face or up to their face. Also every single day see people texting / forum posting while driving. These are usually the people that don't move when the light turns green, or drift in the lanes.

The big thing I'm noticing though are people diving off freeways at the last minute. I don't drive on highways much. But when I do I'm nearly guaranteed to see this. Someone in the left or middle lane, dive across 3 lanes of traffic to make an exit last minute. Most of the time cutting off multiple cars. I don't know why the big uptick in this, other than lemmings having no clue where they're going and just listening to GPS directions.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:01 pm This thread is just another list of reasons to hole up with Randy Weaver in the mountains of Idaho with my guns, my god, and my still.
Trudy Ridge
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 pm I see people driving with headphones in all the time.

Most days I'll see at least one person driving around with side mirrors folded in. Usually just one side. Sometimes you get lucky and it's both sides though.

Most days I'll see a handful of people driving with only their DRLs and no full headlights.

Every single drive I see multiple people talking on the phone, holding it flat in front of their face or up to their face. Also every single day see people texting / forum posting while driving. These are usually the people that don't move when the light turns green, or drift in the lanes.

The big thing I'm noticing though are people diving off freeways at the last minute. I don't drive on highways much. But when I do I'm nearly guaranteed to see this. Someone in the left or middle lane, dive across 3 lanes of traffic to make an exit last minute. Most of the time cutting off multiple cars. I don't know why the big uptick in this, other than lemmings having no clue where they're going and just listening to GPS directions.
I drive with headphones, because I can't have a phone conversation without it due to shit roads.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 pm I see people driving with headphones in all the time.

I drive with headphones, because I can't have a phone conversation without it due to shit roads, my loud ass teutontic phallus and it's flinty suspension.
:dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I've been noticing a lot more of a low beam not working high beam usage than anything else. This is one of the reasons I've tinted my rear window for this reason alone, and those fucking harleys with flickering headlights. Now some new cars even have automatic high beeming, which I thing its stupid.

I remember one time with a small family gathering, my cousin and her then bf was coming over to my cousins house for thanksgiving where it was raining like crazy. She said I would turn the high beams on, even though she complained about that truck with low beams blinded this fuckboys hyundai genesis coupe.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Mainly seeing hondas with their highs on. Fuck hondas and their buyers.
max225

Fail to see how the Car brand is responsible for irresponsible owners.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Dafuq? Why?

I've seen a bunch of people that don't know the difference between a high and low beam bulb and put high beam bulbs in low beam housings - easy to do when the connectors are the same and it's just the glass difference.

Also, most Toyota's now come with automatic high beams... and that's not the most accurate system...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

People drive with high-beams on in their sedans, so I drive with the BD Squadron's on. :aintcare:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I really thought LED headlights were just that much brighter on newer vehicles, but I'm rethinking this now.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:33 pm Fail to see how the Car brand is responsible for irresponsible owners.
Built by AZNs. Driven by AZN's. The third leg of the AZN driving failure table.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:33 pm Fail to see how the Car brand is responsible for irresponsible owners.
Most Honda’s are built here in Ohio and last I checked the demographics of the US don’t skew that way. Nice shot across the bow though
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Most Honda’s are built here in Ohio and last I checked the demographics of the US don’t skew that way. Nice shot across the bow though
:) Admittedly substance free post.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:01 pm This thread is just another list of reasons to hole up with Randy Weaver in the mountains of Idaho with my guns, my god, and my still.
Can I come?
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:53 pm I too have noticed a lot of drivers around here doing the same thing, but actually more people not driving with any lights on at all, oblivious. Our highways are reasonably lit, but driving without lights on at all is super hazardous when people are changing lanes and whatnot.
In an age where automatic headlights have been a common thing for over a decade, and DRLs have been a thing for almost two decades, it amazes me that people still manage to roll around with their headlights completely off. I guess they figure they don't need headlights with all the motherfuckers driving around with their brights on.
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:31 pm Mainly seeing hondas with their highs on. Fuck hondas and their buyers.
I haven't seen any single brand being guilty of this epidemic. The retardation is pretty unbiased.
Melon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 pm I really thought LED headlights were just that much brighter on newer vehicles, but I'm rethinking this now.
There are some LEDs out there that are blinding, especially when you're approaching a vehicle on an incline. Not much you can do there.

But this is definitely idiots driving around with their high beams on all day, every day. I bet a cop could meet his quota in no time pulling people over for it.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:56 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:54 pm But this is definitely idiots driving around with their high beams on all day, every day. I bet a cop could meet his quota in no time pulling people over for it.
High beams, just like aggressive driving, are far more dangerous things than speeding, but way harder to prove in the court of law.

Speeding is simple: Printed radar readout.
I am fooked if the po-lease ever get light meters for lumen output.
max225

A lot of folk drive around with DRLs, because they can't tell the lights are off since the DRLs are always on and provide illumination. That's the worst.