Rental Car Reviews: Thread dedicated to the world’s fastest cars

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 am

We’ve been saying it’s the car for you ...
It feels surprisingly cheap. Like low quality cheap. I didn’t get that feeling in the Santa Fe. But I should probably drive one.

Also black cloth can eat it. Way too damn hot.
Dude, black interiors look nice but actually suck. My BMW always looks so dirty inside, it drives me nuts, every spec of dust or pine needle on the floor is just glaringly obvious. I don't notice the hot thing as much, likely because I never get out of work until like 7 PM or later.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Ooops, :wrong: thread.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:50 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 am

It feels surprisingly cheap. Like low quality cheap. I didn’t get that feeling in the Santa Fe. But I should probably drive one.

Also black cloth can eat it. Way too damn hot.
Dude, black interiors look nice but actually suck. My BMW always looks so dirty inside, it drives me nuts, every spec of dust or pine needle on the floor is just glaringly obvious. I don't notice the hot thing as much, likely because I never get out of work until like 7 PM or later.
Yeah for sure that too. Gray or tan next for me.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:50 am

Yeah for sure that too. Gray or tan next for me.
:dat: even with :tintsbrah: black is hell on the summers here. I will make sure my next car will NOT get a black interior, which would be quite easy if I jump to the bimmer bandwagon, camaro on the other hand, it seems rarer
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

wap wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 pm

:yesth: flying in there and I'm sure we will spend some time, then road tripping for some sightseeing, hiking, northern lights, etc.
Cool.
The :scrooge: -iest place to grab a quick cheap meal is literally a hot dog stand called Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur. They're really cheap and :drool: . They're made from lamb and have a few different :sawce: s to try. There's a couple in town but the original one is down near the harbor, not far from the concert hall. President Clinton ate there, among other famous people. They're really good, and at about $4-$5 are about as cheap a meal as you'll find there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A6ja ... ztu_Pylsur

Give me a couple days and I'll post up a few more places. I'll be out of the office tomorrow so I'll try to remember to do it Thursday.
As promised, here are a few restaurant recommendations in Reykjavik, from the most casual to very formal.

Saegreifinn - The Sea Baron https://www.saegreifinn.is/

This is a little seafood restaurant down by the old harbor. It is VERY casual, meaning you sit on benches, often sharing a table with strangers, using plastic plates and forks. It is, therefore, one of the least expensive meals you can have in town. However, the seafood is very, very fresh and simple and delicious. The owner, the Sea Baron himself, used to be a cook in the Merchant Marine so he knows his stuff. The specialties here are lobster soup, several different types of grilled fish, and minke whale, among other things. I’d recommend the scallops; they were some of the best I’ve ever had.

Café Loki https://loki.is/
A nice place for lunch is Café Loki, located across the square from Hallgrimskirka Church (that’s the tall, pointed church in the middle of town):
The food is very authentic and the clientele is mostly local. They have a good stew called “Meat Soup”, and a couple of different combination plates that let you sample several different local dishes. They also have some interesting local teas.

Perlan http://perlan.is/?lang=en
For a very nice, fancy formal dinner, check out this place. The restaurant is actually under the glass dome in the picture below.

Perlan, the striking glass dome structure situated on Oskjuhlio hill, is one of the city’s most recognizable buildings. Over 176,000 trees have been planted on the hillside surrounding Perlan, creating a rare woodland setting in urban Reykjavik complete with bicycle and walking paths. The restaurant itself sits on a revolving floor on top of the city’s hot water storage tanks and provides breath-taking 360-degree views of Reykjavik. Head chef Stefan Eli Stefansson and his team serve a seasonal four-course menu as well as varied, buffet-style food featuring local Icelandic delicacies including reindeer meatballs, wild goose breast and Skyr cake. After dinner, patrons can relax in the restaurant bar with a drink served by Bardur Gudlaugsson, former winner of the International Cocktail Competition.
Perlan, Oskjuhlio, 125 Reykjavik, +354 562 0200

It’s a very nice experience. The food and service were excellent. It’s expensive, but worth it.

enjoy your trip! :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Cool.
The :scrooge: -iest place to grab a quick cheap meal is literally a hot dog stand called Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur. They're really cheap and :drool: . They're made from lamb and have a few different :sawce: s to try. There's a couple in town but the original one is down near the harbor, not far from the concert hall. President Clinton ate there, among other famous people. They're really good, and at about $4-$5 are about as cheap a meal as you'll find there.

Give me a couple days and I'll post up a few more places. I'll be out of the office tomorrow so I'll try to remember to do it Thursday.
As promised, here are a few restaurant recommendations in Reykjavik, from the most casual to very formal.

This is a little seafood restaurant down by the old harbor. It is VERY casual, meaning you sit on benches, often sharing a table with strangers, using plastic plates and forks. It is, therefore, one of the least expensive meals you can have in town. However, the seafood is very, very fresh and simple and delicious. The owner, the Sea Baron himself, used to be a cook in the Merchant Marine so he knows his stuff. The specialties here are lobster soup, several different types of grilled fish, and minke whale, among other things. I’d recommend the scallops; they were some of the best I’ve ever had.

A nice place for lunch is Café Loki, located across the square from Hallgrimskirka Church (that’s the tall, pointed church in the middle of town):
The food is very authentic and the clientele is mostly local. They have a good stew called “Meat Soup”, and a couple of different combination plates that let you sample several different local dishes. They also have some interesting local teas.

For a very nice, fancy formal dinner, check out this place. The restaurant is actually under the glass dome in the picture below.

Perlan, the striking glass dome structure situated on Oskjuhlio hill, is one of the city’s most recognizable buildings. Over 176,000 trees have been planted on the hillside surrounding Perlan, creating a rare woodland setting in urban Reykjavik complete with bicycle and walking paths. The restaurant itself sits on a revolving floor on top of the city’s hot water storage tanks and provides breath-taking 360-degree views of Reykjavik. Head chef Stefan Eli Stefansson and his team serve a seasonal four-course menu as well as varied, buffet-style food featuring local Icelandic delicacies including reindeer meatballs, wild goose breast and Skyr cake. After dinner, patrons can relax in the restaurant bar with a drink served by Bardur Gudlaugsson, former winner of the International Cocktail Competition.

It’s a very nice experience. The food and service were excellent. It’s expensive, but worth it.

I'm keeping that in mind if I ever visit Chiraq.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Turbo Moostang rental review.

Satisfactory powah. Will do triple digits to pass without a problem. Still a big footprint and I loathe that you cannot see the corners to judge where you are in a lane or pulling into parking. Exhaust note is a mixed bag. At some points, it sounded like a Subaru flat-four with an aftermarket vape bruh exhaust. Other times it sounds too close to a V8 that I was suspect of fake vroom noises being piped in. Either way, meh. Doesn't draw attention from the local law enforcement because a) Mustangs are everywhere and b) there are also plenty of loud C7 Vettes asserting their dominance to draw attention.

Convertible was fantastic for Florida in February. At 6', I still fit fine in the backseat, just with a face full of wind. Uncomfortable at 40 mph or higher. Pseudo buckets in back are nice doe. Spacious; I could comfortably fit in the back sitting behind my lady driving (5' 7") and her 6' 5" dad in the passenger seat. Four adults fit fine. Impressive.

Would still only buy in GT350 form.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:21 pm

I'm keeping that in mind if I ever visit Chiraq.
:lolwut:
These are restaurant recommendations in Reykjavik, bruh. :lol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

stripethree wrote:Turbo Moostang rental review.

Satisfactory powah. Will do triple digits to pass without a problem. Still a big footprint and I loathe that you cannot see the corners to judge where you are in a lane or pulling into parking. Exhaust note is a mixed bag. At some points, it sounded like a Subaru flat-four with an aftermarket vape bruh exhaust. Other times it sounds too close to a V8 that I was suspect of fake vroom noises being piped in. Either way, meh. Doesn't draw attention from the local law enforcement because a) Mustangs are everywhere and b) there are also plenty of loud C7 Vettes asserting their dominance to draw attention.

Convertible was fantastic for Florida in February. At 6', I still fit fine in the backseat, just with a face full of wind. Uncomfortable at 40 mph or higher. Pseudo buckets in back are nice doe. Spacious; I could comfortably fit in the back sitting behind my lady driving (5' 7") and her 6' 5" dad in the passenger seat. Four adults fit fine. Impressive.

Would still only buy in GT350 form.
:wrong:

No human can fit in those rear seats! Are you a family of hamsters?
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

troyguitar wrote::wrong:

No, just lanky. I wouldn't want to be back there for hours on end but it was fine around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

stripethree wrote:
troyguitar wrote::wrong:

No, just lanky. I wouldn't want to be back there for hours on end but it was fine around town.

I'm just messing with you, the predominant opinion online is that humans can't fit back there but I fit just fine behind myself in all mustangs.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 pm
stripethree wrote:

I'm just messing with you, the predominant opinion online is that humans can't fit back there but I fit just fine behind myself in all mustangs.
Can't cross one leg over the other = can't fit :bruh:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Cool.

Thanks, :bruh: !
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 pm I'm just messing with you, the predominant opinion online is that humans can't fit back there but I fit just fine behind myself in all mustangs.
I bet most of those online opinions are angry :fatty: Murican's that can't stop gettin'er done on them cheese fries :lolgasm:
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Thanks, :bruh: !
:howdy:
Let us know if you hit any of these places up.
wap

stripethree wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:10 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 pm I'm just messing with you, the predominant opinion online is that humans can't fit back there but I fit just fine behind myself in all mustangs.
I bet most of those online opinions are angry :fatty: Murican's that can't stop gettin'er done on them cheese fries :lolgasm:
:fax:

And by that I'm not saying that :fax: is who you're referring to here, but that what you're saying is :fax: :lol: