:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 am I would love a bone stock LS3 swap for my car
If I went back in time, I probably would have done an LS3 swap instead of all the head/cam work I did on my car. Cost probably would have been similar.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 am I would love a bone stock LS3 swap for my car
:dat:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:20 am I am actually like 10% considering a new C7 purchase.
:notbad:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
If I went back in time, I probably would have done an LS3 swap instead of all the head/cam work I did on my car. Cost probably would have been similar.
Seems like :plac: for a factory LS3 car would be a better choice. :wrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:27 am

Yeah, and Mike Furman has them at 18% off + an additional $2,000 rebate.

Deals are out there.

Boardwalk, where I bought mine has them at 25% off: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7 ... 5-off.html
These are impressive deals
All white and black :doe: other than the orange automatic 'vert :wtf:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:21 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 am

These are impressive deals
Silver GS too, that is about $20k off MSRP.

Silver on that car is great, IMO. I loved it on my C6GS and C7ZO6
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Detroit wrote: If I went back in time, I probably would have done an LS3 swap instead of all the head/cam work I did on my car. Cost probably would have been similar.
Seems like :plac: for a factory LS3 car would be a better choice. :wrong:
:notwrong:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

C7s have over 20k on the hoods. :lolgasm: they cost more used.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Silver GS too, that is about $20k off MSRP.

Silver on that car is great, IMO. I loved it on my C6GS and C7ZO6
Yeah, that is a :notbad: deal.

Do want. :iono:

Probably an Elise would be better. C7 is :neat: because it would be a solid only car.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:31 pm C7s have over 20k on the hoods. :lolgasm: they cost more used.
I should really go try a GS with the competition seats.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:49 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:31 pm C7s have over 20k on the hoods. :lolgasm: they cost more used.
Don't your current seats hurt your back?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:49 pm

No I just don't like them. They are preposterously cheap and unsupportive for a car that can pull 1 g. And they are not great for over a four hour drive.....part of that is me being :wap: Strongly considering a Recarbro Speed V for Xmas. Hard for me to get over the fact that my $25K GTI had 5X better seats that this 71K MSRP car. I know that's the that's the way it is for C5-C6 cars, it's just my #1 beef/plac issue with the car. It's stupid to sell or Plac it , it's paid for and has 25K miles on it. Better to fix the seat problem and get a JGC.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

”I’ll buy lightly used and have some other sucker take the biggest depreciation hit”

Don’t know how many times I’ve heard people say that, especially on places like r/personalfinance.
While it’s usually true, stupid good dills can be had on new cars too, especially on last MYs.

My 2019 320 Touring was like 11k off and even less OTD than lightly used ones were at the time.
Last edited by Swedish Chef on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 pm

No I just don't like them. They are preposterously cheap and unsupportive for a car that can pull 1 g. And they are not great for over a four hour drive.....part of that is me being :wap: Strongly considering a Recarbro Speed V for Xmas. Hard for me to get over the fact that my $25K GTI had 5X better seats that this 71K MSRP car. I know that's the that's the way it is for C5-C6 cars, it's just my #1 beef/plac issue with the car. It's stupid to sell or Plac it , it's paid for and has 25K miles on it. Better to fix the seat problem and get a JGC.
I agree with your final statement.
ChrisoftheNorth

Swedish Chef wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:06 pm
”I’ll buy lightly used and have some other sucker take the biggest depreciation hit”

Don’t know how many times I’ve heard people say that, especially on places like r/personalfinance.
While it’s usually true, stupid good dills can be had on new cars too, especially on last MYs.

My 2019 320 Touring was like 11k off and even less OTD than lightly used ones were at the time.
Absolutely. Last model year deals or just being a good car shopper can net you solid deals on new cars. We bought my wife's JL new for less than we found comparable used ones.
ChrisoftheNorth

I think the Speed V is too heavily bolstered for your use. In fact, I think you'd be disappointed by that change.

The Recaro seats in my dad's CTS-V are comfy at first and hold you in, but they're really not the best for long distances.

Now that there's more scrap C7's out there, I'd strongly consider buying base C7 seats. They're a drastic improvement and from what I understand will bolt right into a C5/6. Only issue is wiring, and when I looked into it about a year ago, there were forumbros making significant progress in that department.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:37 pm

I think the Speed V is too heavily bolstered for your use. In fact, I think you'd be disappointed by that change.

The Recaro seats in my dad's CTS-V are comfy at first and hold you in, but they're really not the best for long distances.

Now that there's more scrap C7's out there, I'd strongly consider buying base C7 seats. They're a drastic improvement and from what I understand will bolt right into a C5/6. Only issue is wiring, and when I looked into it about a year ago, there were forumbros making significant progress in that department.
Noted!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Noted!
:iono: I think the Recarbros would be fucking epic. Given how much you lift, I'm assuming you're not fat? I find my full on race seat to be really comfy and way better for a long trip than any stock seat I've felt. That said, getting in/out of the car is terrible. That would be my only concern for others getting it, just make sure to get something that fits you. The other issue would be a really sporty seat that hugs you might be hot in Palm Springs.

How do you like the M-Sport seats? I find them > GTI seats, which were good.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Noted!
:iono: I think the Recarbros would be fucking epic. Given how much you lift, I'm assuming you're not fat? I find my full on race seat to be really comfy and way better for a long trip than any stock seat I've felt. That said, getting in/out of the car is terrible. That would be my only concern for others getting it, just make sure to get something that fits you. The other issue would be a really sporty seat that hugs you might be hot in Palm Springs.

Nobody else gets in the car but me, so I would start with one. 5'11" 217 as of this morning.....some padding but nothing that would disqualify me from Recarbros..... I'd love to try one out. I liked the GTI seats a bit more than M Seats but I think that is mostly because cloth>leather as long as it's clean.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbruuuu you need these for the scene points, and they can be ordered with built in heaters.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:48 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Nobody else gets in the car but me, so I would start with one. 5'11" 217 as of this morning.....some padding but nothing that would disqualify me from Recarbros..... I'd love to try one out. I liked the GTI seats a bit more than M Seats but I think that is mostly because cloth>leather as long as it's clean.
I'm installing a Sparco R100 in the passenger side to semi-match my QRT-R this weekend or soon, I'll let you know how that seat is. I'd probably go for something a bit nicer for driver's side but maybe it's :mindblown: for $300. The Sparco stuff bolts right in really nicely, the quality is great, and so far even the aggressive (but still padded/cloth) seat is pretty comfy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:49 pm Desertbruuuu you need these for the scene points, and they can be ordered with built in heaters.

Those look nice not sure about C6 compatiblity.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:58 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:49 pm Desertbruuuu you need these for the scene points, and they can be ordered with built in heaters.

Those look nice not sure about C6 compatiblity.
Yeah I didn't bother looking.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/ ... 85838.html

Platinum Silver Metallic (aka - GT Silver) - very rare on a Boxster
PDK
20" Carrerra S wheels
Full Leather Interior - "Yachting Blue" with matching roof
Heated/Cooled Seats
Supplemental safety tool-var painted in exterior color
Bi-Xenon headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System
Light Design Package
Sport Chrono Package
Power Steering Plus
SportDesign Steering wheel
14-way Power Sport Seats
Infotainment Package with Bose Surround Sound System
Premium Package
Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
Clear Bra Plastic Protection

Such a great looking car.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:52 pm https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/ ... 85838.html

Platinum Silver Metallic (aka - GT Silver) - very rare on a Boxster
PDK
20" Carrerra S wheels
Full Leather Interior - "Yachting Blue" with matching roof
Heated/Cooled Seats
Supplemental safety tool-var painted in exterior color
Bi-Xenon headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System
Light Design Package
Sport Chrono Package
Power Steering Plus
SportDesign Steering wheel
14-way Power Sport Seats