:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:16 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Or you can get two side by sides
Can’t register a side by side for the street.
Why drive That on the street ? With no roof and doors? Might as well wrangler since it can also go off road
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Why drive That on the street ? With no roof and doors? Might as well wrangler since it can also go off road
People. There’s a guy local to me who braps around in his Atom, plus many more people with those KTM crossbows and similar open air non-motorcycle vehicles.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

That's the thing. A 2-door Wrangler with zero options could be had for mid to high 20's and be just as good if not better than a SxS off-road, be way better on-road, all for nearly the same price.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:33 pm

That's the thing. A 2-door Wrangler with zero options could be had for mid to high 20's and be just as good if not better than a SxS off-road, be way better on-road, all for nearly the same price.
BUT DOES IT GET THE SAME SCENE POINTS? :lol: I mean one can argue that a Wrangler looks "worse" but throw some tube doors on, a small liftkit and whatever the aftermarket has to offer, which is bigger than the entire company x1000 and you have an epic looking rig too, if you crave attention that much.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:33 pm
BUT DOES IT GET THE SAME SCENE POINTS? :lol: I mean one can argue that a Wrangler looks "worse" but throw some tube doors on, a small liftkit and whatever the aftermarket has to offer, which is bigger than the entire company x1000 and you have an epic looking rig too, if you crave attention that much.
Good point.

I've thought a lot about a zero option JL 2-door with nothing more than Rubicon fenders to clear Rubicon take-off wheels and 33's. Would do anything you wanted off-road and be a fun thing to cruise around in on the road during the summer. Like you said, tube doors, remove the top entirely, fold the windshield down if you REALLY want that air in your face experience. Kind of the perfect "side by side".
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:45 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Good point.

I've thought a lot about a zero option JL 2-door with nothing more than Rubicon fenders to clear Rubicon take-off wheels and 33's. Would do anything you wanted off-road and be a fun thing to cruise around in on the road during the summer. Like you said, tube doors, remove the top entirely, fold the windshield down if you REALLY want that air in your face experience. Kind of the perfect "side by side".
I have been preaching about the 0 option 2 Door JL for sub 30 for a bit. We have em for 25-27k on the regular. I just can't justify a Toy like that... but it is a pretty cool value. When a 20 year old TJ is 15k with 50k miles and decades of chewing tobacco and hooker juice engrained in the seats.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:45 pm
Good point.

I have been preaching about the 0 option 2 Door JL for sub 30 for a bit. We have em for 25-27k on the regular. I just can't justify a Toy like that... but it is a pretty cool value. When a 20 year old TJ is 15k with 50k miles and decades of chewing tobacco and hooker juice engrained in the seats.
Well, people are spending $20+ on SxS's that can't even be driven on the street in most instances...that's even more of a toy than a JL stripper. If buying a toy, at least a JL could be driven to work on occasion if you wanted. It would make an easy to live with fun vehicle, WAY more usable than a SxS.

I don't understand spending $15k on a TJ when for $10k more you could just get a brand new JL that's better than it in every imaginable way.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 pm
Well, people are spending $20+ on SxS's that can't even be driven on the street in most instances...that's even more of a toy than a JL stripper. If buying a toy, at least a JL could be driven to work on occasion if you wanted. It would make an easy to live with fun vehicle, WAY more usable than a SxS.

I don't understand spending $15k on a TJ when for $10k more you could just get a brand new JL that's better than it in every imaginable way.
Especially when your payment stays the same! :dillerman: :tubeman:
max225

Classic styling :bruh: Last REAL jeep :bruh: the aircooled of the Jeep lineup.

I don't care about the argument that I "can't afford" 25k vs 15, the 15k jeep is a god damn toy (that costs 2k to keep on the road annually). If you can afford that you can afford something else.

But people do really dumb shit... "I GOT A NEW JOB" now "LETS SEE WHAT I CAN AFFORD"
A few :dillerman: visits later
Trailer on stretch pay for $400
Boat on stretch pay for $300
Jeep on stretch pay for $500
ATVs on stretch pay for $99
I gotta HAVE MY TOYS MAN! I EARNED IT.

Look no further than :neek: he lived that life.. :lol:
Apex

Brb, shopping stripper JLs.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:06 pm

I don't care about the argument that I "can't afford" 25k vs 15, the 15k jeep is a god damn toy (that costs 2k to keep on the road annually). If you can afford that you can afford something else.

But people do really dumb shit... "I GOT A NEW JOB" now "LETS SEE WHAT I CAN AFFORD"

I see this all the time.

I always wonder how I feel so "poor" with the things I have compared to others. I don't live the stretchpay lyfe.

Doing it wrong I guess.
Apex

:hai:

:lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:10 pm

I mean, if you're going to consider blowing $15k on a TJ that you'll then need to dump thousands into getting it "right" might as well just start with a better foundation that's way more capable out of the box.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:13 pm

I mean, if you're going to consider blowing $15k on a TJ that you'll then need to dump thousands into getting it "right" might as well just start with a better foundation that's way more capable out of the box.
Better F/E,
Better performance
Better off road ability
Better looks
No C stains
Better brakes

And an actual transmission, the TJs are pretty terrible to drive.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:12 pm

I see this all the time.

I always wonder how I feel so "poor" with the things I have compared to others. I don't live the stretchpay lyfe.

Doing it wrong I guess.
I dunno mang... you got 100k of FCA's finest in your driveway + a glamper... :notsure: I'd consider that "poor" by any means. :lol:
Apex

:notwrong:
Apex

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:19 pm
Better F/E,
Better performance
Better off road ability
Better looks
No C stains
Better brakes

Better colors.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Better F/E,
Better performance
Better off road ability
Better looks
No C stains
Better brakes

Better colors.
Bikini, Punk'n, Sting Gray

I'd take any of those over a TJ color.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:20 pm
I see this all the time.

Doing it wrong I guess.
I dunno mang... you got 100k of FCA's finest in your driveway + a glamper... :notsure: I'd consider that "poor" by any means. :lol:
:lolol:

:fax:
max225

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Better F/E,
Better performance
Better off road ability
Better looks
No C stains
Better brakes

Better colors.
:dat: too. but the All mighty I6 that leaks oil out of every orifice, gets 14-15mpg on a good day, sounds like shit, pops heads, and has 160hp (now) etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

I see this all the time.

Doing it wrong I guess.
Dude, I work with people (at my level) that have new hellcats, $100k hemi swapped JKs, vacation houses, boats, 3500 Rams with HUGE 5th wheel campers, etc, etc. All about that #stretchpaylyfe

I just have a Gladiator (corp lease, so $6 out of my pocket), Wrangler (that was pricey @ $42k), and a 13 year old camper I bought for $3k. No vacation house. Sold my "fancy" car with no plans of replacing it. Live in a decent house in a great area, that's it. Not complaining at all, just interesting how different people manage their finances and puts into perspective how "rich" people actually are. Just because you have a bunch of high priced shit, that doesn't make you rich.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Dude, I work with people (at my level) that have new hellcats, $100k hemi swapped JKs, vacation houses, boats, 3500 Rams with HUGE 5th wheel campers, etc, etc. All about that #stretchpaylyfe

I just have a Gladiator (corp lease, so $6 out of my pocket), Wrangler (that was pricey @ $42k), and a 13 year old camper I bought for $3k. No vacation house. Sold my "fancy" car with no plans of replacing it. Live in a decent house in a great area, that's it. Not complaining at all, just interesting how different people manage their finances and puts into perspective how "rich" people actually are. Just because you have a bunch of high priced shit, that doesn't make you rich.
I am not giving you shit for spending to much, I am saying you have nice stuff :like: . Live a nice house, have nice vehicles.

The other people could have additional streams of income, you never know... some people inherit a lot... others did really well in the market. The amount of wealth that was recently created is immense.

Detroit house prices alone probably created hundreds of millionaires, you just had to buy a few here and there... the appreciation you guys are seeing now is essentially what we had a few years back.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:triggered:

:howdareu: not spend MOAR
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:32 pm

I am not giving you shit for spending to much, I am saying you have nice stuff :like: . Live a nice house, have nice vehicles.

The other people could have additional streams of income, you never know... some people inherit a lot... others did really well in the market. The amount of wealth that was recently created is immense.

Detroit house prices alone probably created hundreds of millionaires, you just had to buy a few here and there... the appreciation you guys are seeing now is essentially what we had a few years back.
re: :millennial: millionaires :troywax: breh.

I shared that article. its :amaze:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:32 pm

re: :millennial: millionaires :troywax: breh.

I shared that article. its :amaze:
:wat: